DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
HydrogLox

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by HydrogLox »

Limited Run Games NA Dariusburst PS4 physical disc release will be available on April 28, 2017.

Standard Edition 2800 copies @ US$59.99 (+S&H)
Collectors Edition 2000 copies @ US$99.99 (+S&H)

Order Limits: 1 Standard + 1 Collectors, i.e. one each, no duplicates

First 1400/1000 go on sale @ 10:00 EDT, the remainder @ 18:00 EDT.
boagman

Post by boagman »

HydrogLox wrote:Limited Run Games NA Dariusburst PS4 physical disc release will be available on April 28, 2017.

Standard Edition 2800 copies @ US$59.99 (+S&H)
Collectors Edition 2000 copies @ US$99.99 (+S&H)

Order Limits: 1 Standard + 1 Collectors, i.e. one each, no duplicates

First 1400/1000 go on sale @ 10:00 EDT, the remainder @ 18:00 EDT.
Am I missing something? I've already received my copy released on March 30. Is this somehow different?
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

The North American PSN version on Disc - so full English localization and can only use North American PSN DLC.

The one you have has original Japanese text and can only use Japan PSN DLC.
boagman

Post by boagman »

HydrogLox wrote:The North American PSN version on Disc - so full English localization and can only use North American PSN DLC.

The one you have has original Japanese text and can only use Japan PSN DLC.
Oh, suck. I didn't know there was a difference. Looks like I spent $60 needlessly.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

The LRG release was only announced Feb 1. The Japanese release became available for preorder Jan 2. That’s my excuse.
boagman

Post by boagman »

HydrogLox wrote:The LRG release was only announced Feb 1. The Japanese release became available for preorder Jan 2. That’s my excuse.
So, question: if I preorder the NA version now, being that shmups often get expensive in the future, would I be ridiculous in thinking of just holding on to the Japanese one I just got and sell it later?
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

There is no pre-order for Dariusburst over LRG. They'll go on sale at 10am & 6pm and be sold out in like in 3 minutes or less (typically the 6pm batch sells a little slower - depends on how much of a "bloodbath" it is). I explained the situation here.

And it's the LRG one that will be fetching the higher prices - not because it's Dariusburst but because it's an LRG release - it's just a question of how much higher. PS4/PS Vita Oddworld Abe's Oddysee New N' Tasty which originally sold for $29.99 is one of the worst offenders.
FER

Post by FER »

Anybody noticed if the game has adaptative difficulty? I did notice that some bosses are sometimes weaker or their attacks easier on CS mode but Im not sure if on AC mode the difficulty changes depending on how well you are doing.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Did LRG confirm that the actual box of the LE will have english on the back ? When they announced it (and said it will have a LRG sticker on it) I was under the impression that they were just using the japanese boxsets.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Don't know about the back but the front of the box is missing the Japanese across the DARIUSBURST CS.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7oJ4jsXQAESE6h.jpg:large

So the box is different from the Japanese one.
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/stat ... 25/photo/1

Compare to
http://s.pacn.ws/640/rx/dariusburst-chr ... jpg?ojndwr

Though there could be the possibility of a second print run of the Japanese box with the writing removed (it doesn't look that different) - that wouldn't surprise me.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

First 1000 collector's editions were already gone by 10:01am - the first 1400 standard editions were down to 1% by 10:06am - which didn't last too long into that minute. Final 1000/1400 @ 6:00pm.

I was concerned that most Collector's edition purchases would also snap up a standard edition - but that didn't seem to happen this time around. But I guess they can always swoop in on the second batch to pick up a standard copy and file a ticket to have their shipping combined/refunded.

The original 2017-Feb-12 Degica tweet mentioned an "art book" for the "special" edition - but apparently that didn't make it into the collector's edition. Either that was scrapped due to cost - or it was held back in case they decide to do a Vita run (which I would judge to be far more risky than the PS4 one).
Last edited by HydrogLox on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

I managed to get a limited edition, feeling pretty lucky. Thought it would sell out quick but I didn't expect it to be a couple mins.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

picked up the standard edition and the vinyl album myself, even the standard went pretty quick
system11

Post by system11 »

Typical Ltd Run Games shitshow.

Put one in cart in the first second, card payment gateway down, Amazon payment just sat there failing to load. By the time it did they were all gone.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I kind of want this, but I get the feeling that it'll be more trouble than it's worth getting an account setup with card info and attempting to make a purchase over LTE in the few minutes allowed while riding a bus through deadzones in the mountains.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Seems using paypal and having an open, active paypal session in another browser tab (refresh so PP doesn't disconnect) can be helpful.

PS4 Collectors Edition: Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours Original Arrange Album 2 (2017) (identical to Japanese limited edition)
vs
PS Vita Collectors Edition: Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours Original Arrange Album (2016)
vs
Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours Original Sountrack (2016)

LRG special comes with red (P1) and blue (P2) Silver Hawk figures while the Japanese one comes with blue (P2), green (P3), and orange (P4) - IIRC Chara-Ani direct pre-orders also got the red (P1) one.
MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

I was able to get a Limited Edition from LRG. I used PayPal so I wouldn't have to spend time typing in a credit card number, and I still barely made it. When I returned to the LRG site a few seconds after purchase, the LE was already sold out.

Apparently, Degica suggested to LRG that 3,000 copies was a good amount. I'm glad LRG had enough sense to ignore that and produce 4,800 copies, but it seems they still under-produced.

LRG's shmup releases sell out faster than the others. Astebreed and Soldner X-2 also disappeared really fast. Hopefully they'll consider this and produce larger numbers of any shmups in the future.

I'm still hoping LRG will do Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron at some point.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

I do feel like Limited Run Games would be overall better if they did the same thing with all their releases that they did for the Skullgirls PS4 physical release, which was take preorders for a certain period of time and then request enough copies to fill the preorder requests. Still keeps the idea of "Limited Run" but doesn't screw over people who don't get on their site in the 2-5 minutes it takes for stuff to sell out.
tomwhite2004

Post by tomwhite2004 »

^ Surely the best system would be a up front payment preorder with no cancellation option. Keep the preorder up for a month and then print as many as are sold.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

MR_Soren wrote:produce 4,800 copies
They typically produce a "round" number - like 5000 and hold back stock for costumer service cases and trade shows.
Black Friday 2016 they dumped some "overstock" - if they only had a few copies they went for "auction" and the other stuff could be had for regular price - that's how I got Shadow Complex Remastered.
drunkninja24 wrote:take preorders for a certain period
LimitedRunDouglas wrote:I hate pre-orders.
Unfortunately he has had plenty of bad experience to justify that position.
HydrogLox wrote:Final 1000/1400 @ 6:00pm.
CORRECTION
30% of the total inventory of each game has not been sold yet. Second batch is always easier than the first. No need to worry yet.
Final 600/840 @ 6:00pm.

Edit: Collectors was "Sold Out" @ 6:07pm, Standard @ 6:11pm
Last edited by HydrogLox on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

drunkninja24 wrote:I do feel like Limited Run Games would be overall better if they did the same thing with all their releases that they did for the Skullgirls PS4 physical release, which was take preorders for a certain period of time and then request enough copies to fill the preorder requests.
I seem to recall them saying that this system gave them a sizeable amount of problems and that they wouldn't be doing it again; I forget exactly what the issues were, but IIRC the original expected ship date was supposed to be back in January, and as of now I and others who preordered are still waiting.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

BulletMagnet wrote:
drunkninja24 wrote:I do feel like Limited Run Games would be overall better if they did the same thing with all their releases that they did for the Skullgirls PS4 physical release, which was take preorders for a certain period of time and then request enough copies to fill the preorder requests.
I seem to recall them saying that this system gave them a sizeable amount of problems and that they wouldn't be doing it again; I forget exactly what the issues were, but IIRC the original expected ship date was supposed to be back in January, and as of now I and others who preordered are still waiting.
huh, interesting, I didnt realize people still hadnt received their copies yet

strange that something like that could cause so many issues, it seems rather simple on the surface, but I guess suppliers etc
boagman

Post by boagman »

::sigh:: Wasn't able to purchase either one. Just couldn't get to it at the right time. And I *honestly* didn't care about the Collector's Edition...I just wanted to play the thing in English!
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

boagman wrote:::sigh:: Wasn't able to purchase either one. Just couldn't get to it at the right time. And I *honestly* didn't care about the Collector's Edition...I just wanted to play the thing in English!
I feel you bro. I was working all day and when I got home . it was too late. Its all good . No biggie. Just curious, do we need a English shoot em up? Its not like its an RPG. Is it game breaking in any way? Afterall , I have quite a few shmup imports.....
system11

Post by system11 »

HydrogLox wrote:Seems using paypal and having an open, active paypal session in another browser tab (refresh so PP doesn't disconnect) can be helpful.
This was good advice, thanks - got one.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

boagman wrote:::sigh:: ... I just wanted to play the thing in English!
Sorry to hear that you couldn't snag one. I wouldn't be at all surprised now that the LRG event is over that it's PSN NA's turn for a 70% off Dariusburst CS sale similar to the PSN EU sale last February - that route would be a lot cheaper and you wouldn't even have to put the disk in the console.
system11 wrote:
HydrogLox wrote:Seems using paypal and having an open, active paypal session in another browser tab (refresh so PP doesn't disconnect) can be helpful.
This was good advice, thanks - got one.
Great to hear that it finally worked out for you!
MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

boagman wrote:::sigh:: Wasn't able to purchase either one. Just couldn't get to it at the right time. And I *honestly* didn't care about the Collector's Edition...I just wanted to play the thing in English!
If you missed it, you can try the Waitlist:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

As HydrogLox stated, they print a bit more than they sell. These are typically used for promotions and replacements on damaged shipments and defective discs. They claim that they have about 70 Collector's Editions reserved for such purposes, and they'll let people on this waitlist buy them around June after they deal with any claims.
boagman

Post by boagman »

MR_Soren wrote:
If you missed it, you can try the Waitlist:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

As HydrogLox stated, they print a bit more than they sell. These are typically used for promotions and replacements on damaged shipments and defective discs. They claim that they have about 70 Collector's Editions reserved for such purposes, and they'll let people on this waitlist buy them around June after they deal with any claims.
Thank you. I submitted my email to them just in case. Here's hoping, but I won't be holding my breath. Life happens.
mrmccormo

Post by mrmccormo »

Wanted to reach out to the community for some assistance with Dariusburst CS, the Japanese PS4 version. I cannot add local co-op players in AC modes. The controllers register. I can use them to edit their controls in the Option menu, so I know the game recognizes them. I can play co-op in other games, but for some reason I cannot 'Press Start" and add players before beginning AC or Chronicle modes.

Any advice? I feel like I'm just overlooking an extremely simple thing.
PFG 9000

Post by PFG 9000 »

I'm getting a little concerned, because it's been over a week since I placed my order and the order status still shows as "unfulfilled." I bought one of each version of Dariusburst, and LRG billed my credit card for the full amount, so I'm fairly sure my order got in on time (I ordered with the morning release).

Usually my orders from LRG arrive quickly. Has anybody else gotten a "fulfilled" order status, or received your games?