DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Durandal

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by Durandal »

John4300 wrote:Hey, I've been somewhat obsessed with this game lately, playing both AC and CS mode.

I wanted to ask a bit about Phantom Castle on AC. I'm playing so far purely on survival here, but what is the trigger on him going to second phase? Enough damage on the fish itself, parts destroyed too erraticly, or both?
With all ships but Legend and Next, the main fish itself seems to be extremely difficult as dodging those homing lasers are nearly impossible (Or is there a tactic on dodging those?), but I've seen videos of people killing the boss before it can do much on the second part.
What should I do to kill it without spending too much time on phase 2?

Also, going to Thousand Knives with Second (On AC again), everything else is somewhat easy but those purple homing lasers. I lose 10+ arm on those things alone. Any suggestions on how to dodge those things? Thanks!
There is a trick involved to dodging those homing lasers (and even then I have a hard time pulling it off consistently). Basically you should be misdirecting the first batch of homing lasers by moving to the bottom left and then right as they're about to move in, and dodging the rest by moving diagonally upwards to the left. It's easier to do with ships that have a higher movement speed like the Formula or Origin. When in doubt, you can cancel them with a Fixed Burst, though you usually won't have enough energy to cancel all of them.

Doing enough damage to the fish is usually what triggers its second form, so you want to speedkill Phantom Castle as fast as possible in order to avoid dealing with the homing lasers in the first place. You can have a Fixed Burst aimed at the core during the first phase to maximize your damage output on top of pointblanking it. If Phantom Castles fires its Burst during the second phase right after it enters it second phase, it usually means its on low health, and you can proceed to Counterburst him.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

John4300 wrote:I wanted to ask a bit about Phantom Castle on AC. I'm playing so far purely on survival here, but what is the trigger on him going to second phase? Enough damage on the fish itself, parts destroyed too erraticly, or both?
With all ships but Legend and Next, the main fish itself seems to be extremely difficult as dodging those homing lasers are nearly impossible (Or is there a tactic on dodging those?), but I've seen videos of people killing the boss before it can do much on the second part.
Damage isn't the trigger, it's destroying the parts. If you destroy all parts on any of 6 sides of the cube phantom castle goes into 2nd phase. You can look at high score runs to see a reference how the phase can be delayed, and then just concentrate on the core. Just shooting everything down is the worst idea if you're having trouble with the homing lasers. The homing lasers are easier to dodge if you let them get close before switching your direction / starting movement.

Phantom Castle 2nd phase choosing its attack is completely random, bursting doesnt have to do with health.
Magma Dragoon

Post by Magma Dragoon »

tizerist wrote:Where is the savegame folder located for this game?
According to the Steam page:
Save Data locations

Steam default install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\User ID(*)\377870\remote

Steam custom install: your chosen file path here\userdata\User ID(*)\377870\remote

* 'User ID' is your individual Steam ID number.
I'll have to check this myself, since I just formatted my computer (I still have the old installation on another HD).
Image Image Image Image
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Zaarock wrote:Damage isn't the trigger, it's destroying the parts.
Are you sure damage plays no role? My memory might be fuzzy since it has been a while, but I remember the boss quickly shifting to its second phase when I faced it with a wave-powered Origin and directly damaged the core without entirely destroying any of its sides.
At the same time, it is possible to put the boss into near death status at the end of its 1st phase if you play your cards right, so, uh, yeah.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
boagman

Post by boagman »

I finally preordered this through P/A yesterday. Don't expect to get it until the end of the month, but that's fine.

EDIT: it shipped today, the 30th. Yea!
acem77

Post by acem77 »

i have played a handful of these since buying the snes ver when i was released mainly for the 2p coop.
since then the saturn and psx version. I have also really enjoyed the soundtracks.

I want to get a this now as it supports 4p and i think it will look great on my new oled.
i am just ok at shooters as are my friends and i wanted to know how hard this is? i'd prefer experience the visuals and music.
I am also trying to decide the region version to buy? from what i can tell the usa release will have 2 ships one art book and cd. the Japanese version will have 3 ships and a music cd? Any news on a pro support with 4k hdr?

Thanks
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Is there any reason to go for the LRG release of this, as opposed to the Japanese one already available?
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

For an LE, I think it's not exactly worth the extra money over the normal version. Music CD might be nice, but those ship models look just plain ugly and generic (why 3 the same?).

Waiting for the normal, and nicely priced, version to arrive here soon.
Am wondering about the DLC stuff though since I bought the Japanese version... :roll:
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
pcb_revival

Post by pcb_revival »

I would like to see the DariusBurst team continue support of mobile platforms and release a port or fork EX version for Nintendo Switch.
FER

Post by FER »

They mentioned in their latest patch note that something might be coming in april.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

denpanosekai wrote:Do we know if the PS4 disc will have the English translation for North American PS4s?
Basically the text in the Japanese PS4 release appears to be equivalent to Japanese PS Vita release as it was posted 7 days ago in the comments on gematsu.
http://imgur.com/a/OK2T7

As to be expected the functionality of the X and O buttons are swapped. There are a separate set of trophies (shared between the PS Vita and PS4 release): Japanese vs. everbody else (leaderboards are likely separate as well).

Upon disc load it downloaded and installed the 1.10 update. I'm not planning on getting any DLC until the next sale - but given the "text situation" with the Japanese PS4 release, I'm suspecting that the DLC situation also mirrors what is going on with the PS Vita release.
Martinov

Post by Martinov »

If I were to buy the Japanese PS4 version of the game, would it be difficult to navigate the menus/options, given that I don't understand a shred of Japanese? Or is it no more difficult than something like Soukyuugurentai?
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Martinov wrote:If I were to buy the Japanese PS4 version of the game, would it be difficult to navigate the menus/options, given that I don't understand a shred of Japanese? Or is it no more difficult than something like Soukyuugurentai?
I don't own a Japanese copy, but I do know that pretty much everything can be understood by looking at the screen. Big letters, small images, simple Engrish, it's all explained in the easiest way possible. Maybe the config screen might be confusing, I don't know whether it's in Japanese or not. You don't need to go there, though.

Remember, you can't buy DLCs on the US/EU store. Only on the JP store.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Pretty sure there's a language select option anyways.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
boagman

Post by boagman »

trap15 wrote:Pretty sure there's a language select option anyways.
Maybe on the physical PS4 copy (I'll know soon...mine's on its way), but there isn't anything like that on the Vita physical version.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

boagman wrote:
trap15 wrote:Pretty sure there's a language select option anyways.
Maybe on the physical PS4 copy (I'll know soon...mine's on its way), but there isn't anything like that on the Vita physical version.
I looked and I couldn't find one - so I would say it's the PS Vita situation all over again.
Martinov wrote:Or is it no more difficult than something like Soukyuugurentai?
I would say it's less difficult - basically look at the Japanese PS Vita version http://imgur.com/a/OK2T7 vs. the english version - it really is the same deal.

Ultimately it's nothing that will turn away a determined player - somebody less determined may be put off or "get bored" with repeatedly facing text they can't read.
boagman

Post by boagman »

HydrogLox wrote:Ultimately it's nothing that will turn away a determined player - somebody less determined may be put off or "get bored" with repeatedly facing text they can't read.
I will say that it annoys the ever-living-crap out of me, personally. There's just *so much* that I miss out on without being able to read Japanese in the game. I feel pretty cheated, actually, that there's no language option, especially if it's true with the PS4 physical version, which I'd read would include an English language selection. If it's not true, that's pretty crappy for me.

I don't want to say that I wasted $60 getting it, as I'll now be able to play it on the TV at home, but still, I'll be facing the same difficulties on the TV that I have on the Vita, and that's frustrating to me.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Sounds like a level of frustration where it may be worth "buying a patch" - i.e. keeping an eye on PSN and on the next DBCS sale pull the trigger.

July 2016 it was 58% off on the NA PSN and February 2017 70% off on the EU PSN (31% off Taito, Sega and 22% off Cave DLC). Wouldn't surprise me if it went on sale again some time after the LRG event - and that would support the localized DLC (if that is of any interest).
boagman

Post by boagman »

HydrogLox wrote:Sounds like a level of frustration where it may be worth "buying a patch" - i.e. keeping an eye on PSN and on the next DBCS sale pull the trigger.

July 2016 it was 58% off on the NA PSN and February 2017 70% off on the EU PSN (31% off Taito, Sega and 22% off Cave DLC). Wouldn't surprise me if it went on sale again some time after the LRG event - and that would support the localized DLC (if that is of any interest).
And it may be...but I think there may come a point wherein I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on yet a *third* copy of the same game. I'm cheap like that.
Chacranajxy

Post by Chacranajxy »

I'm trying to figure out a reason to get the PS4 version of the game... cuz I kinda want the LRG release.
John4300

Post by John4300 »

Another question about weird boss patterns:

After the 2 burst lasers, Ancient Barrage uses a shield pattern which counters your bullets with lasers. I've been going between him and the shield, which sometimes seems to make him turn around and use some homing lasers. What is the trigger for this? Being too close, damage? Sometimes I feel I can be there with Second wailing a lot of damage and he doesn't budge. Should I try to stay on right to avoid hits? I'd rather not keep Ancient Barrage alive for TOO long.

Thanks for the help so far!
FER

Post by FER »

John4300 wrote:Another question about weird boss patterns:

After the 2 burst lasers, Ancient Barrage uses a shield pattern which counters your bullets with lasers. I've been going between him and the shield, which sometimes seems to make him turn around and use some homing lasers. What is the trigger for this? Being too close, damage? Sometimes I feel I can be there with Second wailing a lot of damage and he doesn't budge. Should I try to stay on right to avoid hits? I'd rather not keep Ancient Barrage alive for TOO long.

Thanks for the help so far!
I think the trigger is not hitting the barrier to make it shoot the beam, so the game figures it has to try something else.
Magma Dragoon

Post by Magma Dragoon »

As long as you keep hitting the barrier he won't use the homing lasers. If you have backwards bombs then you'll be pretty safe staying between him and the barrier.
Image Image Image Image
John4300

Post by John4300 »

Yeah, now that I gave the game a go again, I did notice that. Just shoot the shield every now and then and you'll be safe there. Thanks for the tip. =)
boagman

Post by boagman »

Received my physical copy yesterday. Now I have to decide whether to open the Gold PS4 that I won from Taco Bell or buy a standard PS4 and sell the Gold one on eBay.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

boagman wrote:Received my physical copy yesterday. Now I have to decide whether to open the Gold PS4 that I won from Taco Bell or buy a standard PS4 and sell the Gold one on eBay.
If you've got the money to spare buy a stock one and definitely sell the Gold one..., that is if you value money over a real cool LE console.
You'd have extra money to spend on other games too that way to get your PS4 collection started.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

boagman wrote:buy a standard PS4
Super Laydock wrote:buy a stock one
Make it a "Pro" if just for Boost Mode.
boagman

Post by boagman »

HydrogLox wrote:
boagman wrote:buy a standard PS4
Super Laydock wrote:buy a stock one
Make it a "Pro" if just for Boost Mode.
The link led to a series of videos...was there one in particular you had in mind? And do you by chance happen to know if DBCS will work with it?
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Basically pick the videos of games that you are interested in. Even on older games the Pro with Boost Mode delivers either higher or more stable (30 of 60 fps depending on the game) frame rates and possibly improved texture loading times with the result of the image looking "sharper" - though if a game has poor frame pacing like Bloodbourne or Dark Souls III the Pro doesn't alleviate that. Even side scrollers like Mighty No. 9 and Shantae Half Genie Hero can benefit by getting a more stable 60 fps frame rate on the Pro.

Some of the more recent games sometimes bump up the resolution to "mostly 1080p", up from the base resolution of 720p on top of an improved/more stable frame rate - the best example seems to be Nioh.

I'm running the Japanese physical PS4 Dariusburst without issue on the Pro - though I don't know if it actually "benefits" from it - but then again I wouldn't have expected Shantae Half Genie Hero to run better on a Pro either.
boagman

Post by boagman »

HydrogLox wrote:Basically pick the videos of games that you are interested in. Even on older games the Pro with Boost Mode delivers either higher or more stable (30 of 60 fps depending on the game) frame rates and possibly improved texture loading times with the result of the image looking "sharper" - though if a game has poor frame pacing like Bloodbourne or Dark Souls III the Pro doesn't alleviate that. Even side scrollers like Mighty No. 9 and Shantae Half Genie Hero can benefit by getting a more stable 60 fps frame rate on the Pro.

Some of the more recent games sometimes bump up the resolution to "mostly 1080p", up from the base resolution of 720p on top of an improved/more stable frame rate - the best example seems to be Nioh.

I'm running the Japanese physical PS4 Dariusburst without issue on the Pro - though I don't know if it actually "benefits" from it - but then again I wouldn't have expected Shantae Half Genie Hero to run better on a Pro either.
Thank you. That helps clear it up a bit.