DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
FunktionJCB

Re: DARIUS BURST CHRONICLE SAVIOURS (STEAM/PS4/Vita)

Post by FunktionJCB »

amdiggywhut wrote:PS4 doesn't appear to have these available yet?
It seems they had some last minute problems to fix, and they expect to release the DLCs on the PSN on the 20th:
https://twitter.com/DARIUSBURSTCS/statu ... 1553396736
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Question: does anybody know where some of the "arrange" (or at least, I assume that's what they are) tracks from the dlc can be found? Particularly interested in the boss theme for Galatic Force dlc that plays during first mission boss 3, third mission boss 1, etc.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Squire Grooktook wrote:Question: does anybody know where some of the "arrange" (or at least, I assume that's what they are) tracks from the dlc can be found? Particularly interested in the boss theme for Galatic Force dlc that plays during first mission boss 3, third mission boss 1, etc.
I've tried looking for it, seems like it's only available on CD, doesn't appear to be available on Zuntata's iTunes either
The other option is to rip the tracks from the game files, but I have no idea how to do that, and in-game mixes of tracks tend to be incomplete and shortened compared to the album versions
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Version 1.07 is now available for the physical version for the Vita. Just DLed it tonight.
PooshhMao

Post by PooshhMao »

Started playing this a few days ago, and I'm having a BLAST.

I played DariusBurst on the PSP earlier, and it left me a bit underwhelmed - despite ticking most boxes a modern Darius game is expected to tick, it didn't stack up to G, or even Gaiden.

CS goes the extra mile, though - several millions of them, in fact. I doubt anybody here on this board needs explaining what the CS mode entails. It captures the entire Darius legacy and the war against Belser in a huge campaign, divided in bite-sized missions typically existing of a handful of stages and boss fights. I have only finished 15 missions or so, and according to some reviews I've read, I can expect several thousands more. That's okay, friends are overrated anyway.

Darius games have always been renowned for their music, and for me, Burst has been a mixed bag thus far. Many of the new tracks are downright great - I especially love the epic 'We are now rushing into # zone' tune, which really captures the scale and desperation of mankind's fight for survival. Some tracks however do little but get on my nerves quickly, such as the jazzy one with the female vocals waffling on about 'Freedom' - the track itself isn't bad, but the singing is. The other offender would be the 'HEYA HEEYA' track, which, again, could have worked if it wasn't for the cringey vocals. All others range from good to great, but rarely do they measure up to the sheer epicness of G.Darius's soundtrack, which has some of the best Darius tunes, or any other game for that matter.

Come to think of it, if there is one other game that desperately needs a 'Chronicles' mode, it's R-Type. I liked R-Type Final, but having hundreds of ships at your disposal and only a straightforward arcade mode to play them in held it back severely. Just imagine we'd have a 1080p Final remake with a chronicles mode. Maybe throw in a dash of strategy as well from the Tactics games. Holy mother of god. I need to calm myself down now.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

The new CAVE DLCs are extremely good.

The DLCs, especially the ones based on Ketsui and DoDonPachi Resurrection, feel extremely polished, even more so than some of the previous DLCs.
And some of the arranged tracks are just awesome.

They really did a great job with this one.
Now I'm more anxious than ever for the 8ing DLCs.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

FunktionJCB wrote:The new CAVE DLCs are extremely good.

The DLCs, especially the ones based on Ketsui and DoDonPachi Resurrection, feel extremely polished, even more so than some of the previous DLCs.

They really did a great job with this one.
Now I'm more anxious than ever for the 8ing DLCs.
I guess they refers to G.rev Ltd (primarily). Wonder if they have an internal DBCS version with a VKL5.03(P) or Antares-XX - probably too pre-occupied with mundane things like paying bills though.

Short of unforeseen budget constraints I'm sure they'll do an excellent job on the 8ing content - it's just a shame that they have to survive by glorifying the past accomplishments of other dead or comatose companies - but I guess whatever gets you to be the last left standing.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Composers for EIGHTING pack arranges announced:
Motoi Sakuraba (Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Dark Souls, Tales of) - Mahou Daisakusen / ???
Nobuyuki Shioda (Summer Carnival '92 Recca) - Battle Garegga / Fly to the Leaden Sky, Subversive Awareness (GaRecca Remix)
Takahashi Kouta (Ridge Racer, Ace Combat 2/3D Cross Rumble) - Soukyugurentai / Above Ota City, Descent into the Clouds(?)
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Squire Grooktook

Oh shit, Recca was a big inspiration on Garegga's ost according to an interview IIRC. Man they are cranking out the dreamteam fanservice here.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Squire Grooktook wrote:Oh shit, Recca was a big inspiration on Garegga's ost according to an interview IIRC. Man they are cranking out the dreamteam fanservice here.
Funnily enough Manabu Namiki once put out an arrange for a Recca album rerelease, I guess Nobuyuki is now repaying the favor :P
Xyga wrote:
GSK

Post by GSK »

The Raizing DLC has been dated, it'll be released on January 19.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

GSK wrote:The Raizing DLC has been dated, it'll be released on January 19.
Looking forward to it!

Thankfully, the wait won't be too long.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

Hi...

can you help me please?Can you tell me, how i can unlock the Event mode?
I saw an replay from Soft drink in this mode and i want to play this mode too

Thanks
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

PlasmaBlooD wrote:Hi...

can you help me please?Can you tell me, how i can unlock the Event mode?
I saw an replay from Soft drink in this mode and i want to play this mode too

Thanks
Unfortunately Event mode isn't used in the PC/console versions, if you select that option, you have nothing to do there.
I asked several times, but there's no plans to make use of the option on the "home" versions.

The event mode was used on the arcade version for occasional, time-limited stages/events.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

Thank you very much for your fast answer :-)
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

PlasmaBlooD wrote:Thank you very much for your fast answer :-)
Glad I could help. :)
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Eighting DLC Pack trailer

>>>>>>>>>>>>new stages
Xyga wrote:
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I'm surprised they didn't make a Treasure pack yet. Or a G.Rev pack.
Squire Grooktook

Strange they didn't show more of the souky web, considering that's the main mechanic of those games. Or Miyamoto's legendary bomb.

Speaking of, have I ever mentioned how I hate the Superman "lying down in mid air" flight pose for humanoid characters? I mean I understand the logic behind it, but I find it totally aestheticly unpleasing. Wish they'd gone for something else for good 'ol Dragon Samurai. Oh well, still cool.

Everything looks good at any rate.
Durandal wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>new stages
Honestly, I think the main problem with the stages themselves is the same as CS mode: Even if they have some scoring, most of them are easy as fuck for survival. It'd be much more enjoyable if they cranked the heat up ala arcade ex mode.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Rayge

Post by Rayge »

Whoever did the ship modeling this time for this DLC put some care into the Wild Snail and Swordfish. I'm kind of confused as to why The web targeting attacks from the Swordfish were not shown at all. Also I was hoping to see an attack power up, but they never shot the ships carrying them. It could possibly be that the DLC isn't quite finished yet. I did see the laser attack at the beginning from the Swordfish and it does seem like they have a bomb attack for it. I wonder if they included the alt bomb. Battle Garegga and Soukyugurentai DLCs look to have had a lot more care in the ship mechanics. The models even look to have had a lot of care. The Swordfishes alt fires cause transformations on the ships weaponry. That's pretty damn cool.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

So I gave the CAVE DLC ships a shot.

...am I missing something, or do the CAVE scoring elements add a comically low amount of points?
FER

Post by FER »

Is the a topic concerning strategies or tips on this game on here? cant seem to find it if theres one.

I dont know if this was mentioned already (I guess it was) but there a few things I noticed:

-The Gaiden gains much more burst gauge (probably 30% faster) if your shot level is at the single big green wave.

-With the Genesis, holding the button that changes the option formation charges the laser until you let it go, instead of holding the dedicated button which releases the beam automatically.

-Catching a pink beam for a counterburst is still viable, not just cutting in. You just have to move backwards to reduce the difference in speed between the ship and the beam to make the window to counter it more big.
boagman

Post by boagman »

I should note that I got a shipping notification from Play-Asia for the PS4 physical copy version of the game a couple of days ago. Just so people know that it is, indeed, shipping.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

boagman wrote:I should note that I got a shipping notification from Play-Asia for the PS4 physical copy version of the game a couple of days ago. Just so people know that it is, indeed, shipping.
I suspect it was actually about your - SÖLDNER-X 2: Final Prototype order which started shipping a few days ago. PS4 Dariusburst CS isn't due until end of March. PA may have accidentally changed the status on the wrong order.
boagman

Post by boagman »

HydrogLox wrote:
boagman wrote:I should note that I got a shipping notification from Play-Asia for the PS4 physical copy version of the game a couple of days ago. Just so people know that it is, indeed, shipping.
I suspect it was actually about your - SÖLDNER-X 2: Final Prototype order which started shipping a few days ago. PS4 Dariusburst CS isn't due until end of March. PA may have accidentally changed the status on the wrong order.
They may, indeed, have done so, or I might have just misread it. Thank you for the clarification.

EDIT: I see what happened. I did misread it, kind of. I didn't bother to click the link for my preorder, and there was an ad for the PS4 version of DBCS on the bottom of the email. I assumed that was it. Thanks for setting me straight.
amdiggywhut

Post by amdiggywhut »

For the LE version of DBCS, anyone know if you get all three figures (yellow, blue, green) or just one? I ordered from Play-Asia if it matters.
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Fukkoku-ban silver hawk burst figure 2P-4P color set
Suggests to me a 2 figure set - blue (player 2) and gold/yellow (player 4) - but I don't actually know.
KoolKool993

Post by KoolKool993 »

bought this game pc on steam! well,quite worth!
very nice game, feel like jet n gun but more bullet,sharper smoother graphic.... you even have shield,too bad just no shop :P nice ship design! yeah yeah!

but something i really dislike

- the screen is so small, i mean full screen is not full at all, the ratio is so small, i barely read the text... that's sucks! everything is so small!
- the menu system is too confusing, and then the chronicle mode, each time you liberated area, you sign up your highscore and then return the menu....if you want to play next area,you have to enter the mode again....! nah, why is that? so annoying! why can't you continue straight? damn!

and what is the strongest weapon so you can OP the whole game?
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

KoolKool993 wrote:bought this game pc on steam! well,quite worth!
very nice game, feel like jet n gun but more bullet,sharper smoother graphic.... you even have shield,too bad just no shop :P nice ship design! yeah yeah!

but something i really dislike

- the screen is so small, i mean full screen is not full at all, the ratio is so small, i barely read the text... that's sucks! everything is so small!
AC mode is a direct port from Dariusburst Another Chronicle, whose arcade cabinet had a multi-monitor 32:9 aspect ratio setup like so:

So trying to squeeze this on 16:9 monitors inevitably leads to a lot of letterboxing (the black bars on the bottom and top edges of the screen). Thankfully, DBCS supports multi-monitor set-ups, so you can play on two monitors at once to properly emulate the arcade experience and avoid the letterboxing. Otherwise you want to play AC Mode on the highest resolution possible so you can make out some of the text. Thankfully there's not too much to read in AC Mode, all the loading screens are for some reason still in Japanese anyways. On the other hand, CS Mode is designed for home consoles and PCs and has much less letterboxing in comparison, but the screen space is not nearly as wide.
and what is the strongest weapon so you can OP the whole game?
There is no real strongest weapon, as your shot gets stronger with each red orb you pick up. As for ships, Origin deals the most base shot damage, but it has no Burst which can be used for blocking bullets with the Fixed Burst (activated by pressing V or double-tapping C and rotating it by letting go of the shoot button, can only be used with Burst ships like Legend, Next or Formula). Gaiden has no shot limit, meaning you don't have to get very close to enemies to deal the most damage, which is quite useful on AC Mode, and it has a powerful Black Hole Bomb too.
Xyga wrote: