Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Cagar

Re: Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

Post by Cagar »

O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

oh wow... score *10 in 24 seconds...
sven666

Post by sven666 »

its a shame it doesnt counterstop honestly since its a game-breaking bug that they proboably wont fix. :(
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

sven666 wrote:its a shame it doesnt counterstop honestly since its a game-breaking bug that they proboably wont fix. :(
I've been meaning to ask from some time ago but... what counterstop means?
matrigs

Post by matrigs »

999999999.... score when, well the counter stops to rise.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

It's when the absolute score ceiling of the game is reached.

Often this occurs either because:

1. Programming errors or miscalculations mean that fewer '0's get programmed into the scoreboard than the developers meant (Daifukkatsu version 1.0)
2. Players discover a way of scoring vastly more points than the developers thought possible (see the Dimahoo counterstop at 99,999,999 or Guwange counterstop)
3. Failure to allow for integer stack overflow not necessarily causing a counterstop, but causing the rate at which score increases to drastically drop (Saidaioujou)
4. Score reversal can occasionally occur due to programming errors stemming from much higher scores than thought possible, several touhou games have this, where once you reach 2.2 billion your score starts going down
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Illyrian wrote:It's when the absolute score ceiling of the game is reached.

Often this occurs either because:

1. Programming errors or miscalculations mean that fewer '0's get programmed into the scoreboard than the developers meant (Daifukkatsu version 1.0)
2. Players discover a way of scoring vastly more points than the developers thought possible (see the Dimahoo counterstop at 99,999,999 or Guwange counterstop)
3. Failure to allow for integer stack overflow not necessarily causing a counterstop, but causing the rate at which score increases to drastically drop (Saidaioujou)
4. Score reversal can occasionally occur due to programming errors stemming from much higher scores than thought possible, several touhou games have this, where once you reach 2.2 billion your score starts going down
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Illyrian wrote:4. Score reversal can occasionally occur due to programming errors stemming from much higher scores than thought possible, several touhou games have this, where once you reach 2.2 billion your score starts going down
Where several = UFO. It's also just a bug in the ingame score display, you still get your real score in the end.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

sven666 wrote:its a shame it doesnt counterstop honestly since its a game-breaking bug that they proboably wont fix. :(
I don't know the game mechanics well enough, what is it he's doing to force the score up like that? Seems to have an endless supply of hypers, is that normal?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Erppo wrote:
Illyrian wrote:4. Score reversal can occasionally occur due to programming errors stemming from much higher scores than thought possible, several touhou games have this, where once you reach 2.2 billion your score starts going down
Where several = UFO. It's also just a bug in the ingame score display, you still get your real score in the end.
Thought it happened in SA as well, my bad!
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Skykid wrote:
I don't know the game mechanics well enough, what is it he's doing to force the score up like that? Seems to have an endless supply of hypers, is that normal?
The hyper thing is ok. You see, items colllected while not in hyper mode refill the hyper bar. little ones a little, big ones a lot more. Sice every item dropped or generated on hyper mode is big he manages to time a big item cancelling explosion just when he runs out of hyper. The result it's having almost the entire screen flooded with big items that once collected rise your hyper to level +5.

The problem of the video it's explained some posts ago.

read from this post onward and then rewatch the video.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 97#p799797

that guy managed to time the glitch in the perfect moment.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Skykid wrote:

thats normal, the bug is just when the hit counter tops a certain value (around 50000hits) and a hyper is activated (doesnt even have to be a lv 10 hyper) the + value jumps from ~+1234567 digits per hit to + 99999999 per hit.
during the final gauntlet the game absolutley pukes out popcorn enemies, you can see the score skyrocket here even in regular plays, but with a counterstopped plus value the game just flips out, leaving any previous and subsequent scoring completely useless and void.

you can see it around 6 mins in to the vid on top of the page.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Nereid

Post by Nereid »

sven666 wrote:the bug is just when the hit counter tops a certain value (around 50000hits)
NO

It has nothing to do with the hit counter. It's when the GP counter (the small counter above the hyper gauge, next to the +) hits somewhere around 21.47 million (= 2^31/100). It only happens during hyper because that's when a multiplier is applied to GP. (See how it says GP BONUS up there during hyper.)

Please stop spreading this misinformation.
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Nereid wrote:
sven666 wrote:the bug is just when the hit counter tops a certain value (around 50000hits)
NO

It has nothing to do with the hit counter. It's when the GP counter (the small counter above the hyper gauge, next to the +) hits somewhere around 21.47 million (= 2^31/100). It only happens during hyper because that's when a multiplier is applied to GP. (See how it says GP BONUS up there during hyper.)

Please stop spreading this misinformation.
Nereid... I'm still hoping for some more HD shmup videos on your channel :(
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

All in all it allows you to get like 99% of your total score from just 10 seconds of play.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Nereid wrote: It has nothing to do with the hit counter. It's when the GP counter (the small counter above the hyper gauge, next to the +) hits somewhere around 21.47 million (= 2^31/100). It only happens during hyper because that's when a multiplier is applied to GP. (See how it says GP BONUS up there during hyper.)
I'm supremely confused. :)
I'll wait for the 360 port and figure out how the system works (although I'm sure they'll clean up this scoring issue for that.)
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Skykid wrote:
Nereid wrote: It has nothing to do with the hit counter. It's when the GP counter (the small counter above the hyper gauge, next to the +) hits somewhere around 21.47 million (= 2^31/100). It only happens during hyper because that's when a multiplier is applied to GP. (See how it says GP BONUS up there during hyper.)
I'm supremely confused. :)
I'll wait for the 360 port and figure out how the system works (although I'm sure they'll clean up this scoring issue for that.)
read this post for more info then.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 10#p799910

But basically what happens is that the agregated value every enemy has when you are chaining (called GP) reaches the ceiling of 2147483647/100. When that happens, the game glitches and converts that number in 9999999999/100. So every new enemy you destroy while chaining after that has their original value + 9999999999/100 going to your score.

You don't ussually reach the 2147483647/100 GP value when you aren't hypering. But when you hyper, the GP receives a multiplier bonus called "Hyper Bonus" which makes it reach that ceiling value.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Skykid wrote:I'm supremely confused.
GP value is the one that directly determines how many points you'll get for a basic scoring action (like hitting an enemy, or picking up a medal in later games). It's pretty much the same in all 'Pachis, and is shown on the HUD near the letters "GP".

In DFK, a multiplier is applied to GP value when you chain a stage with full hyper gauge, hence why hyper-canceling bullets stops being feasible after a certain point. In SDOJ, a similar multiplier is applied when you are hypering—up to 3.0x at hyper level 10. So when you arrive at GP value around +7160000 and use a lv10 hyper, it goes over 21.47 million and subsequently overflows into 99 million or so. Since it's possible to get over 10k hits within the duration of said hyper, let's count it the most basic way: 10000 hits × 99999999 GP value = 0.99 trillion.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

moozooh wrote:
Skykid wrote:I'm supremely confused.
GP value is the one that directly determines how many points you'll get for a basic scoring action (like hitting an enemy, or picking up a medal in later games). It's pretty much the same in all 'Pachis, and is shown on the HUD near the letters "GP".

In DFK, a multiplier is applied to GP value when you chain a stage with full hyper gauge, hence why hyper-canceling bullets stops being feasible after a certain point. In SDOJ, a similar multiplier is applied when you are hypering—up to 3.0x at hyper level 10. So when you arrive at GP value around +7160000 and use a lv10 hyper, it goes over 21.47 million and subsequently overflows into 99 million or so. Since it's possible to get over 10k hits within the duration of said hyper, let's count it the most basic way: 10000 hits × 99999999 GP value = 0.99 trillion.
Damm I forgot to add the multiplier the hit count adds.
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

Skykid wrote:I'm supremely confused. :)
Dodonpachi game.
lol
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

mesh control wrote:
Skykid wrote:I'm supremely confused. :)
Dodonpachi game.
Not all of the dodonpachis have a scoring glitch like this
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Skykid wrote: I'll wait for the 360 port

Yeah right , we should be so lucky :P
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Trevor spencer wrote:
Skykid wrote: I'll wait for the 360 port

Yeah right , we should be so lucky :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a7E6yyUNVo

:oops:
JoJo

Post by JoJo »

My first thought, after the element daughter expert modes was...

"Hibachi is a loli"

It's over.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

Stages 1--3 EX-mode with A-S ship.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18523818
newguns

Post by newguns »

Just FYI Saidaioujou is again in the Arcadia Top 10 for July to Mid-August, beating out Magical Beat and Blaz Blue Continuum Shift II.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

That reminds me: CAVE put up the stage clear images from the game the other day on the SDOJ site.

Nice to have the illustrations to download.

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/saidaioujou/gallery/
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

newguns wrote:Just FYI Saidaioujou is again in the Arcadia Top 10 for July to Mid-August, beating out Magical Beat and Blaz Blue Continuum Shift II.
A bit surprised that it's managed to stay popular in spite of the bugs and glitches. Perhaps people are interested in finding more ways to break the game, or break it for themselves in the ways already known.
:lol:
Op Intensify

Post by Op Intensify »

Maybe the 1 minute free trial feature has been attracting new players who would have otherwise remained uninterested.

I'm amazed it took this long for an arcade game to implement something like that.
rancor

Post by rancor »

Op Intensify wrote:Maybe the 1 minute free trial feature has been attracting new players who would have otherwise remained uninterested.
I've yet to see an arcade where that feature has been enabled. :?