Custom Sticks Thread!!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
drauch

Re: Custom Sticks Thread!!

Post by drauch »

Two of the many stick projects I am working on. The Last Blade 2 stick is for PS2 and is completely custom with HAPP (crapp) parts. The other is of course the insect princess mod of the SFIV stick with some Sanwa. I like the way they both turned out...
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

^Nice man, I haven't seen your Mushi stick in person yet. Good to see my meager Photoshop skills came in handy. Did you end up using vinyl dye or something to color the rest of the stick?
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

Great Mushi stick.
lol
drauch

Post by drauch »

Thank ye. I actually just went to Lowes and tried to find the closet match I could with spray paint made for plastic/outdoor stuff. Worked really well and was definitely worth doing. Kind of wish I would have put art inside the buttons, but I kinda forgot about it before it was too late...
trunk

Post by trunk »

Here are my sticks not sure if I'd call them custom.

Clockwise from top left:

HRAP 1.5 all sanwa (except start/select)
HRAP 2 Sanwa joystick, Seimitsu clears, printed art(random THE collage) and plexi courtesy of Art's Hobbies (Yes I have a crooked button, stupid thing won't stay straight)
Madcatz TE all sanwa, printed art(from spadgy converted by GaijinPunch) and plexi courtesy of Art's Hobbies
HRAP ex-se stock (all seimitsu)

Current Setup:

720P------------------------v
240P->XRGB-3->Edge->4x2 matrix->DLP HDTV
480i/P->YPbPrselect-^ . . ^ . . V-->hdmi2vga->Super Emotia->Tate CRT SDTV
PC->vga2hdmi-------------^
PsychoGun
Banned User

Post by PsychoGun »

that triggerheart art is awesome. don't worry about the crooked buttons, unless you're a panzy those things are gonna move, especially the main shot button, only drawback of having the art buttons. I move them back every month or so.
trunk

Post by trunk »

Thanks, I took some scans of the booklet that came with the LE version and did a terrible photoshop job. I like the picture because you can see the DC and its joystick there on the right.
Current Setup:

720P------------------------v
240P->XRGB-3->Edge->4x2 matrix->DLP HDTV
480i/P->YPbPrselect-^ . . ^ . . V-->hdmi2vga->Super Emotia->Tate CRT SDTV
PC->vga2hdmi-------------^
speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

PsychoGun wrote:that triggerheart art is awesome. don't worry about the crooked buttons, unless you're a panzy those things are gonna move, especially the main shot button, only drawback of having the art buttons. I move them back every month or so.
Why not just use double sided tape on the plungers? It's what I did. I mean, the bit underneath the plunger.
JUTMAN22

Post by JUTMAN22 »

Hey Guys, This is my latest custom, Its a wireless 360 stick and has my usual hard maple bespoke case, Theme is based on the 'cult classic' from Cave ... Guwange. I wanted to try and be bold here with the component colours as a direct contrast to the light but very heavily detailed artwork (which is super hi-res) Solid rim Seimitsu 14's, Sanwa OBSF-24's in the rear, Seimitsu LS-32 stick with a Broken English/Suga_Kane custom Ball top. Artwork is protected top and bottom with 3mm plexi glass. Hope you likey! :D

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK8Rtkb6TSc[/url

Check my Youtube page above for more customs ... comment/rate and subscribe!!!!!
PsychoGun
Banned User

Post by PsychoGun »

that stick looks incredible, but it gives me the fucking creeps. lol
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Really liking that Guwange-stick!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
phrenzee

Post by phrenzee »

Wow! The Guwange stick is great! Artwork and wood goes very well together. Not sure if I like the white hardware though, but I can't say what colour would be better :roll:
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Travellinman

Post by Travellinman »

drauch wrote:Image

Two of the many stick projects I am working on. The Last Blade 2 stick is for PS2 and is completely custom with HAPP (crapp) parts. The other is of course the insect princess mod of the SFIV stick with some Sanwa. I like the way they both turned out...
Hey there!

I was looking for a Mushi piece of design for the SF4 Fightstick Template. I really LOVE how your stick looks and I would be SO HAPPY, if you could provide me with the corresponding psd file!!!

Please let me know, if this is possible.

Thanks in advance
and Greetings,
Trav
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

JUTMAN22 wrote:Hey Guys, This is my latest custom, Its a wireless 360 stick and has my usual hard maple bespoke case, Theme is based on the 'cult classic' from Cave ... Guwange. I wanted to try and be bold here with the component colours as a direct contrast to the light but very heavily detailed artwork (which is super hi-res) Solid rim Seimitsu 14's, Sanwa OBSF-24's in the rear, Seimitsu LS-32 stick with a Broken English/Suga_Kane custom Ball top. Artwork is protected top and bottom with 3mm plexi glass. Hope you likey! :D

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK8Rtkb6TSc[/url

Check my Youtube page above for more customs ... comment/rate and subscribe!!!!!

Great stick, Justin!
Are you working on anything else?
lol
t0yrobo

Post by t0yrobo »

My first stick build nearing completion. I tossed all the guts in last night so I could try it out. LS-32 with seimitsu buttons as well. It's going to be a PS2/360 dual pcb when I getting around to buying a 360 controller to hack. It still needs proper painting and some little touchups, it's just primer right now.
XBL - CountryGolden
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

t0yrobo wrote:My first stick build nearing completion. I tossed all the guts in last night so I could try it out. LS-32 with seimitsu buttons as well. It's going to be a PS2/360 dual pcb when I getting around to buying a 360 controller to hack. It still needs proper painting and some little touchups, it's just primer right now.
http://i54.tinypic.com/jsjeqv.jpg
Nicely put together.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Travellinman wrote:
drauch wrote: Two of the many stick projects I am working on. The Last Blade 2 stick is for PS2 and is completely custom with HAPP (crapp) parts. The other is of course the insect princess mod of the SFIV stick with some Sanwa. I like the way they both turned out...
Hey there!

I was looking for a Mushi piece of design for the SF4 Fightstick Template. I really LOVE how your stick looks and I would be SO HAPPY, if you could provide me with the corresponding psd file!!!

Please let me know, if this is possible.

Thanks in advance
and Greetings,
Trav
I don't have the file anymore, but if you PM Drunkninja just a couple of posts up he may still have the megaupload link, as he made it for me.
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

t0yrobo wrote:My first stick build nearing completion. I tossed all the guts in last night so I could try it out. LS-32 with seimitsu buttons as well. It's going to be a PS2/360 dual pcb when I getting around to buying a 360 controller to hack. It still needs proper painting and some little touchups, it's just primer right now.
I actually really dig that design. Seems like the perfect size and shape. Great width unlike an SE, but not a few buttons in the middle of an ocean like a lot of sticks I've seen.

Can't wait to see this finished!
=/
t0yrobo

Post by t0yrobo »

emphatic wrote:Nicely put together.
Kingbuzzo wrote:I actually really dig that design. Seems like the perfect size and shape. Great width unlike an SE, but not a few buttons in the middle of an ocean like a lot of sticks I've seen.

Can't wait to see this finished!

Thanks guys. I was shooting for something in between a hori fighting stick and hrap but I wanted it wide because I like to play with it on my lap. The dimensions are a little different than I meant them to be because I made some dumbass mistakes :oops: , but I'm pretty happy with it so far.
XBL - CountryGolden
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

phrenzee wrote: Not sure if I like the white hardware though, but I can't say what colour would be better :roll:
Justin suggested black but I was having none of it :D White sprang to mind as the Guwange logo is white and I'm really happy I did, I like it. Its a 360 stick so I had the button colours in mind at one point but we decided it would look too messy. I think the sticks beauty is in its simplicity, celebrating that awesome Inoue artwork. ^_~
quicksilver02

Post by quicksilver02 »

Here's one of a pair of sticks that I'm working on for a consolized MVS. The control panel base is aluminum with a smoked acrylic top plate. I plan to have it backlit with LEDs running of the +5v feed so the logo shines through.

The start and select buttons will be on the side. I'll be able to use this with a supergun that I'm building for games that don't require more than 4 buttons.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Very cool. But will it not be possible to snag yourself on the SNK cutouts?
cools

Post by cools »

The acrylic is on top. 8)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

cools wrote:The acrylic is on top. 8)
facepalm.jpg
phrenzee

Post by phrenzee »

:lol:

That's very cool looking. What kind of box will it be used in?
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
quicksilver02

Post by quicksilver02 »

phrenzee wrote::lol:

That's very cool looking. What kind of box will it be used in?
Thanks! I'm thinking of building a box out of maple and using a deep blue dye on it.
t0yrobo

Post by t0yrobo »

That SNK cutout looks slick as hell. I'm looking forward to seeing it lit up in a box.
XBL - CountryGolden
PsychoGun
Banned User

Post by PsychoGun »

that snk is sexy as hell, too bad that didn't come with the home system!
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

That SNK logo is smooth as hell! I am Kingbuzzo's general enthusiasm.
=/
Matskat

Post by Matskat »

Well....

Yesterday I started a new thread for custom sticks...somehow I missed this one...
Well I asked that that thread be closed, and I moved my post over here.
Please let me know what you guys think.

Here is a new one:
New Design:

Seimitsu LS-56
6x Sanwa 30mm
3x Seimitsu 24mm
Rubber Fett
Plexi top+bottom
Dual+ (Cthulhu MC + IMP + MadCatz 4716)
Art
and the back....

Sorry for the crap cell phone pics....I'll take pics with my camera when the buttons arrive
the face buttons will be Clear\white plungers with yellow rims.

And here are a few more...good examples of how skill improves with experience :)
These are all sticks I've modded or outright built over the last few years.

This is my first attempt at a hardwood case. It's wired for PS3/PC. Red oak.
This is a Hori EX2 for 360. Gutted+rewired, buttsons swapped and the stick is modded w/ Cherry switches and a Seimitsu spring.
HRAP EX for 360. Sanwa JLF + Buttons
MadCatz Street Fighter IV SE...Sanwa JLF + Buttos swapped + Artwork
Street Fighter 15th Annoversary stick. PS2+Xbox - Swapped art + all HAPP parts
This was the FIRST stick I EVER built. It's MDF, screws and glue. I still love the artwork. Wired for 360 w/ a 4716 MC pad.
Stick I built while waiting for Mushihimesama Futari to arrive. Wired for fill multiconsole, PS123, Xbox+360, NES, SNES, Will Gamecube, PC
Red oak and African Mahogany. Seimitsu LS-56 + Buttons
This is a 360 wired stick specifically for playing Neo-Geo games. Sanwa buttons + Seimitsu LS-33
Ikaruga themed Dreamcast stick. Hacked DC pad inside. 100% Sanwa
Built for a customer. All Poplar- natural stain. Wired for PS1\2\3+PC
Another for a customer's kid. 9 years old. Wired for PS1\2\3+PC

And now we have the backsides!

Thanks everyone for looking - I'd love to hear comments.

If anyone is interested in a purchase, contact me at my Trading Post thread - the link is in my signature!
---
--
-
MAT
Last edited by Matskat on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mat$kaT
http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32709
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f**kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."