Devil Engine (PS4,Switch, PC) 2018- Hyakutarou music

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
xxx1993

Re: Devil Engine (PS4,Switch, PC) 2018- Hyakutarou music

Post by xxx1993 »

Sounds like unfair design if you ask me…
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Spoiler
So Ignition just rehashes the main game, huh? The final bosses look unchanged for the most part.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

I mean the remixed stages are substantially different and the main bosses are all new. Sub bosses have almost totally different patterns with certain ones being outright replaced. Cool twists like the new Ikko Turso being extended beyond where it originally died freshen up a familiar face. The layouts of the stages are totally rearranged with much better visual depth on the sprites. New ship, remixed music, new announcer, and freakishly hard. I think it's a lot for 8 bucks.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Main bosses? The final boss seems largely unchanged, at least… The one before the final boss, though, at least has you fighting the red mecha you fought as the Stage 4 boss in the original in its prime instead of its weakened state.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The Steam port of Devil Engine Complete is available to download. It runs at a silky-smooth 60fps framerate, indeed, on a Steam Deck setup.

On the Xbox store, Devil Engine Complete is listed at $24.99 for Xbox One/Series S and Series X.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
ThundergunExpress

Post by ThundergunExpress »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:46 pm It's available on PS/Xbox, but hasn't got to Switch yet
I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's due to there being two different distributors for whatever reason (XStation = Poppy/Switch = Wolfgame)
https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/produ ... on-switch/

The regular game has been on Switch digital for almost five years, the physical for switch released yesterday. The complete edition came out yesterday digitally for Switch, and I think the DLC has also been available for years.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

The regular game has been on Switch digital for almost five years, the physical for switch released yesterday. The complete edition came out yesterday digitally for Switch, and I think the DLC has also been available for years.

Obviously, I was talking about the complete, as I did not get Doc and the DeLorean, travel back to 2019 when the original was not available on Switch, then travel back to Thursday November 09, 2023 10:46 am to make a post about it's absence.

Edit: I appreciate the new notifications, but could something be added so the user may toggle them? I use this exchange as an example of stupid fucking shit I could have lived my whole life without being notified of/feeling the need to respond to, and would of been 'fine' at the least, 'happier' at most.
Last edited by m.sniffles.esq on Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThundergunExpress

m.sniffles.esq wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:44 pm The regular game has been on Switch digital for almost five years, the physical for switch released yesterday. The complete edition came out yesterday digitally for Switch, and I think the DLC has also been available for years.

Obviously, I was talking about the complete, as I did not get Doc and the DeLorean, travel back to 2019 when the original was not available on Switch, then travel back to Thursday November 09, 2023 10:46 am to make a post about it's absence.
Well, mea culpa it was a simple misunderstanding.

Edited out the apology. This user doesn't deserve one.
Last edited by ThundergunExpress on Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

ThundergunExpress wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:09 pm I think the DLC has also been available for years.
No, it was just made available. It was originally planned to be released much earlier but got delayed. Steam had a page for it, but it just became available for download.
ThundergunExpress

Clearly I am an incorrect fool. Been working a lot, but I don't know what I was thinking about when I wrote that. I did choose the word think for a reason but still, a complete glitch in my brain I guess. I'll just steer clear of this thread then.

Wowza saw the other users edit. You're a real welcoming bunch, aren't you? I'm now pretty certain I'm just going to delete my account rather than deal with people like this, holy shit like calm down.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Spoiler
Also, what was with that ending? It almost looked like one of the endings of the original games, but then it suddenly rewinds and we get a very cryptic message in Japanese...
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

Does the PS5 version have any upgrades? Does its at least run at native 4k?
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Wowza saw the other users edit. You're a real welcoming bunch, aren't you? I'm now pretty certain I'm just going to delete my account rather than deal with people like this, holy shit like calm down.!

Sorry, my annoyance was directed at the new notification system more than the dumb comment itself. In times of old, I probably wouldn't have even noticed said comment, or if I had, it would have been so old I wouldn't had bothered responding.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

My OG version launcher on Switch updated today to the Complete version, but my excitement was quickly extinguished upon firing it up to realise it's still the same standard edition, minus DLC. Thought I got a freebie for a sec :oops:
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

That remix of At Thunder's Gate is fire.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Darkseed_5150 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:45 am Does the PS5 version have any upgrades? Does its at least run at native 4k?
No, it's fucking ugly actually. It's blurred and looks substantially worse. I'm quite pissed.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Strider77 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:46 am
Darkseed_5150 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:45 am Does the PS5 version have any upgrades? Does its at least run at native 4k?
No, it's fucking ugly actually. It's blurred and looks substantially worse. I'm quite pissed.
So you're saying to avoid the PS5 version like the plague?
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Does this have better level design and difficulty ramp up than the OG version? The original looked and sounded nice but was let down by subpar level layouts and ridiculous difficulty spikes.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Wait, so the PS5 version is worse than Switch? Does anyone have comp screens to share?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I have both, trust me the PS5 version is significantly blurry compared to the Switch version (which is stupid AF).
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Strider77 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:39 pm I have both, trust me the PS5 version is significantly blurry compared to the Switch version (which is stupid AF).
You saved me a purchase then. I had both in my cart, but I guess I'll pass on the PS5 version.
XoPachi

Post by XoPachi »

This is such a unique boss theme for an STG.
Kind of want more of this.

https://youtu.be/Q3ge92PSuQY?si=SrK-wLAVIu7oVt7u
BIL

Post by BIL »

XoPachi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:43 pm This is such a unique boss theme for an STG.

Damn good. Reminds me of a darker BIOTRON from Viewpoint. Can't stop hearing the latter's samples now I've relistened, beware if you're unfamiliar. :wink:
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

XoPachi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:43 pm This is such a unique boss theme for an STG.

Hey, can't go wrong with dubstep music in shmups.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Jonpachi wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:08 am
Strider77 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:39 pm I have both, trust me the PS5 version is significantly blurry compared to the Switch version (which is stupid AF).
You saved me a purchase then. I had both in my cart, but I guess I'll pass on the PS5 version.
The PS5 version strangely is very blurry until you actually start level 1. Once you get a few seconds into it, the blurriness goes away and it looks just as crisp/clear as the Switch version. It’s very strange. But it does look fine after that initial boot up/intitialzation.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Completely baseless guess, but it makes me wonder then if they’re running the whole game in a texture layer, and that’s why it “catches up” in terms of sharpness as the stage begins.
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Jonpachi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:29 pm Completely baseless guess, but it makes me wonder then if they’re running the whole game in a texture layer, and that’s why it “catches up” in terms of sharpness as the stage begins.
Yep maybe. When I first booted it up I was really pissed off at what I was looking at but all the sudden, it was fine. Rebooted a few times to see if I was imagining things but it happens every time. It looks fantastic once it gets “caught up” like you said.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

xxx1993 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:49 am Hey, can't go wrong with dubstep music in shmups.
Is this really what people think dubstep is now??

Either way Qwesta did a fantastic job with the soundtrack so it's really sad thry had a falling out.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I thought it was pretty good also.
ZaKa-tokyobassist

Post by ZaKa-tokyobassist »

I'm liking Ignition but it's pretty damn hard. Not sure if I'm ready to commit the time needed to clear this at the moment with everything else going on.

Stage 1 alone is harder than late game stages in many other games including Hyper Duel that it's inspired by lol.
PSN: tokyobassist
Fighting/SHMUPS/Run N' Gun/Action/Horror/Stealth Games/Arcade Racers/Rail Shooters/Gaming Lore