I DID IT! -Off Topic Edition-

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Mischief Maker

Re: I DID IT! -Off Topic Edition-

Post by Mischief Maker »

Ys Origin

I did it!

...I reached the final boss crash to desktop.

I like the game but I don't like it THAT MUCH. This is as far as I'm gonna go.

Inferior music to Oath and Yunica's story is as irritating as it is stale and predictable but from a pure gameplay perspective a step up from Oath.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

Not sure whether I should bump the thread again for a similar achievement compared to last post.

Anyway, I managed to clear the arcade mode for Mr. Driller (5000ft.) -- this time on expert difficulty. Not a difference of day and night compared to normal difficulty, but definitely a visible step up. My best attempt before this clear was around 4300. Lost two lives before 3500 this time and I certainly wasn't expecting to clear the mode. However, had a very good run from 3500 to 5000 (certainly along with a bit of luck).
Shoryukev

Post by Shoryukev »

I 1cc'd Rescue Rangers on the NES last night. It's been probably ten years since I've played it, I forgot how incredibly easy it is LOL.

A 1cc is still a 1cc.....right? LOLOLOL
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Report cards for first term came in.
English 11CP: solid A
And the lowest grade is a B+ in AP Math.

And unrelated, but I now have less than a year of being a minor left :D
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Finally finished Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky SC. 90 hours. Loved it till the very end. Estelle is one of best female characters of all vidya history.
I think I should play and finish Grandia once and for all now.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Shoryukev wrote:I 1cc'd Rescue Rangers on the NES last night. It's been probably ten years since I've played it, I forgot how incredibly easy it is LOL.

A 1cc is still a 1cc.....right? LOLOLOL
It might actually be the easiest game on the NES :D I'd be surprised if anyone ever saw the game over screen without playing co-op. Once you do, though, it's a whole other beast of you and your friend constantly ruin things for eachother.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Spelunky he'll run, finally. And on my first go, PS4 Daily Challenge to boot. Now to unlock the last few characters and fill the journal, though I don't much fancy the 8 minute trophy. I hate the teleporter.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
KAI

Post by KAI »

AW YISSS! I've been trying to reach the 2:XX for months [Umihara Kawase Shun]

I should get back to lower my 1:58 on Umihara1 one of these days.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Sumez wrote: It might actually be the easiest game on the NES.
RR2 is easier.
Shoryukev

Post by Shoryukev »

Sumez wrote:It might actually be the easiest game on the NES :D I'd be surprised if anyone ever saw the game over screen without playing co-op. Once you do, though, it's a whole other beast of you and your friend constantly ruin things for eachother.
It very well could be the easiest NES game I own LOL. I don't think I've ever cleared an NES game without at least practicing it and memorizing things before (I was being sarcastic with my 1cc remark BTW). Still a pretty fun game though, definitely one I'll use to show my kids the wonders of what games were like when I was their age.

2 player can be frustrating, I remember playing it as a kid and you're constantly in each other's way and end up throwing each other into enemies and such LOL.
WelshMegalodon

Post by WelshMegalodon »

It required visiting older versions of byuu.org via the Wayback Machine, downloading multiple releases of the binary to find an incredibly useful timing analysis function (which was mysteriously removed in v095), and manually setting the video and audio timing to three decimal places, but at long last, higan-v098-balanced runs perfectly on my machine with no tearing and no audio crackle. Scrolling is buttery smooth. higan also supports drag-and-drop a la DOSBox*, so there's no need to deal with icarus or the gamepak system.

Why did I go through all this despite SNES9x v1.54.1 already offering everything I could ever want in a Super Famicom emulator? Well... to prove
it was possible, I guess. After having experienced stutter in no less than four different versions of bsnes, I figured the issue was on the user side.

There's also that whole lag issue.

Note: I am aware that the sync method utilized by this release of higan - tying the refresh rate to that of the user's monitor - is the same method for which I found fault with RetroArch. In my defense - and this was noted in the same post - byuu opted to remove this feature in later releases for the sake of accuracy.

Spoiler
Though I still use the autoexec. Prince of Persia actually looks better with the EGA palette.
Indie hipsters: "Arcades are so dead"
Finite Continues? Ain't that some shit.
RBelmont wrote:A little math shows that if you overclock a Pi3 to about 3.4 GHz you'll start to be competitive with PCs from 2002. And you'll also set your house on fire
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Spoiler
Just beated Cadash for the Genesis. No continues. I really like that sort of game, the likes of Popful Mail and Wonder Boy.
"YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT THING" the princess said. Well, I guess she doesnt know about the arcade version.