∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
LtC

Re: ∀kashicverse -Malicious Wake

Post by LtC »

There was a progress report by the devs on Apr 14th saying they were still working on the update. They were hoping they could have it ready by April but I suppose we weren't that lucky. At least they haven't forgotten or given up on it.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

What's he saying about Alternative Arguments? Just people (like us in this thread) interested in it?

I'm curious about the two pictures. I haven't played in a while but they look like new boss segments?
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

They look like OMAKE versions of stage 1/4 boss and stage 3 boss actually :shock:

Edit: or if not exactly omake versions, but something similar maybe additional/alternate patterns
LtC

Post by LtC »

BPzeBanshee wrote:What's he saying about Alternative Arguments? Just people (like us in this thread) interested in it?

I'm curious about the two pictures. I haven't played in a while but they look like new boss segments?
Alternative Arguments link died on their site quite a while back so he mentioned in the blog post he re-uploaded it earlier.

The screenshots are additional alternative boss attack patterns for stage 3 and 4 bosses.
Synnae

Post by Synnae »

I see there's a extra/true final boss and stage. How to unlock it?

(Sorry about the stupid questions guys. The thing is that I'm still new to this game)
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

You need to 1cc the game, means no deaths. 8)
asu_tenan

Post by asu_tenan »

It looks like the asterism mode include new pattern and seems the bosses are eliminatorless too. Maybe it looks make them killable :p

maybe killing them will reward us new method, just like when we kill hymeno on stage 4. Because the only boss that killed on this game are stage 4 and 5, other bosses just run away hopelessly...

Synnae wrote:I see there's a extra/true final boss and stage. How to unlock it?

(Sorry about the stupid questions guys. The thing is that I'm still new to this game)

once you beat the stage boss 5 without dying you'll got something awesome called phase shift, you got new methods and your appearance are different too. Then you'll be continued to extra stage 6, And dying here means instant death and you'll be thrown back at tittle screen you can't even use the continue...

Your pain is mine...

KEEP YOUR DIGNITY
Synnae

Post by Synnae »

-EDIT-

Thank you guys.

Another question:

Anyone got tips to clear stage 4 easily? It seems to be the hardest one. I can't really think of anything other than using the Eliminator.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Synnae wrote:Anyone got tips to clear stage 4 easily? It seems to be the hardest one. I can't really think of anything other than using the Eliminator.
Definitely Attractant Other. Specifically on the portions of the stage where there are a bunch of large ships rushing down the screen firing bullets with a bunch of popcorn enemies following you. Use Attractant Other on one side of the screen and move to the other side. When you hear the explosion, activate it again and move to the opposite. It's pretty tricky to pull off but it's the best way I can think of handling that portion. The room for error is pretty high too, especially if you're playing on ∀nother or ∀kashic mode.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
asu_tenan

Post by asu_tenan »

Synnae wrote:-EDIT-

Thank you guys.

Another question:

Anyone got tips to clear stage 4 easily? It seems to be the hardest one. I can't really think of anything other than using the Eliminator.
hmm what part are you have difficulty at?

EDIT: by the way, i just realized that the lower rank the boss is, it will be easier.. if you can, deplete her health as much as you can at the first boss segment. If you manage to deplete her health she will became rank 0 and easier to kill. The bullets will be fewer and slower and it looks like also the health are became fewer. Also you got longer time to destroy the capacitors at the "DESTROY ALL CAPACITOR!" boss attack segment (35 seconds at rank 0 while rank 100 is only 15 seconds)

Your pain is mine...

KEEP YOUR DIGNITY
Synnae

Post by Synnae »

asu_tenan wrote:
hmm what part are you have difficulty at?
Pretty much the whole stage. :?

There are far too many bullets on the screen, and I'm pretty sure those aren't meant to be avoided. I think they're supposed to be cancelled somehow.

And I can't use Attractant Other. I press right/down/left/down/shoot but it gives me Jaunted driver instead.

EDIT: Aaah... seems like you have to do diagonal as well. Geez... I wish there was an easier way to input this method... :(
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

1. Press LEFT
2. Hold down DOWN and do not let go of it
3. Hold down LEFT so now you are holding down both LEFT and DOWN
4. Press SHOT BUTTON

Voila, you've just used the A.OTHER method. I had some problems with this one as well, but after a while you commit the fine movements to muscle memory.

As for Stage 4, just go crazy on the offense. Be sure to destroy the large ships, because killing them cancels their bullets and clears the screen up a little, giving you some more breathing room. Menace Rejector works well on them, although you should be able to destroy the large ships using just your main shot. Attractant Other and your main shot are the way to go.
Synnae wrote:By the way, what's the limit of usages of the Eliminator? Just 1 per stage?
I think you need to kill about 500 enemies to fully charge it from zero. So in reality, yeah, about once or twice per stage.
To be continued. See you false memory syndrome...
Synnae

Post by Synnae »

Thank you very much for the tip. It works, and now I can clear stage 4 easily.

Stage 4 is what prevented me from getting an 1cc. But now the only real problem is the Extra stage.

Would it still count as an 1cc if I clear stages 1 ~ 5 without dying, but fail on the extra stage/boss?

-EDIT-

What makes me have problem with the stage is the amount of bullets on the screen. Should I use attractant other as well, or something else?

Also, the extra boss is really hard too. Main problem is that she doesn't have a pattern, except on her second phase. On the first one it's really hard to predict what she is going to do, so, she just throws stuff right on my face all of a sudden, quickly depleting my health. Does anyone have some tips against her? I'm not going for score, so, I'd just like to know a way to deplete her health as fast as possible and survive the fight.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Synnae wrote:What makes me have problem with the stage is the amount of bullets on the screen. Should I use attractant other as well, or something else?
Attractant Other on the extra stage is very useful for screen coverage actually since it battles aggressively along with you. Play the stage a few times in practice as well and take note of which bullets hurt you and which don't.
Synnae wrote:Also, the extra boss is really hard too. Main problem is that she doesn't have a pattern, except on her second phase. On the first one it's really hard to predict what she is going to do, so, she just throws stuff right on my face all of a sudden, quickly depleting my health. Does anyone have some tips against her? I'm not going for score, so, I'd just like to know a way to deplete her health as fast as possible and survive the fight.
Jaunted Driver is probably the best way to deal quick damage to her. When the whole screen inverts colours, she is using her Danger Prognosis which gradually depletes your health. In order to counter it, you must activate your Danger Prognosis as well (↑↓, shot).

Speaking of Danger Prognosis, when in the extra stage Danger Prognosis not only slows down and shows bullet paths for just about every bullet on the screen, but it also renders you invincible. So if you're really nervous and you want to play a bit more conservatively during the boss battle or if you want to take a breather, you can just activate Danger Prognosis and take a moment to collect your wits.

There's a bit of studying involved before you realize just how easy the extra stage boss fight is.
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

Indeed, the extra stage feels like the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare of shmups. It looks visually impressive, but is really simplified. In fact, if you stick to Attractant Other: Forbidden Love and Danger Prognosis: Garden of Dominators, you are almost unkillable. Your Danger Prognosis is sometimes cancelled by the boss during the Malicious Wake, but she still does that infrequently and quite rarely. It really renders her final attack the Benign Wake. Just add some offensive moves like the Doom Bringer, or Annihilator Anthesis, or whatever, and you can obliterate the Stage 6 boss no problem - even on Akashic difficulty.
Synnae wrote:Would it still count as an 1cc if I clear stages 1 ~ 5 without dying, but fail on the extra stage/boss?
No, sorry. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way, since the "extra" stage is, in fact, obligatory. I guess it is called an "extra" stage because of how unique it is. It is also quite easy compared to the rest of the game. I think it is a victory lap of sorts, and there is no real excuse to die during it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that there is something neat to do in the Stage 2 bonus boss fight. You can place your Attractant Other near the real Aranya while she is performing her Shadow Jaunted Driver attack. Her shades/clones will of course target the decoy instead of you. This will actually cause her to hit herself with her Jaunted Drivers and do damage to herself. It's a pretty cool touch.
asu_tenan

Post by asu_tenan »

Well,Extra stage is the easiest IMO

why?

When you use Danger Prognosis here. It will make you invulnerable, yeah totally invulnerable. No bullet can damage you... :D

then open your wing and graze some bullets till you have enough energy again

then use danger prognosis again

repeat the process again if your health/energy is low...

The dev should balance the d. prognosis method here... this make the the extra stage extremely dumb...

Your pain is mine...

KEEP YOUR DIGNITY
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Hopefully the wait will be worth it, and I think it will be. Can't say I've played this game much recently though, been stuck with XIIZeal of all games. :lol:
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

Version 1.3 is out. This is the Style:∀sterism patch.

http://endless-shirafu.com/asterism/
EDIT: Patch mirror: http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/so/2937115

Endless Shirafu will also be participating in Comiket 84 this August. I don't think anything has been finalized yet, but I think they'll be selling a soundtrack of the game.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Well the stage three boss derailed from the original game mode on ∀sterism and the sudden simple yet confusing attack got me to game over.

Does anybody know the exact details as to what ∀sterism is including... aside from new methods? I couldn't help but notice that after I game over'd on the stage 3 boss and used a continue, the indicator on the right of the screen no longer said I was playing ∀sterism and the game seemed to continue on as normal straight to the end.

Also with the release of this patch they've added in some new things. ∀kashic Record in the menu actually has a selection of different things including Music, Document, and an achievement system. There are also neat little effects added here and there such as a shield over the stage 4 boss and a glare over the capacitors during the method INDISCRIMINATELY ECLIPSE (doomsday beam), and some colourful laces flying around during some boss explosions. Upon getting hit by Dethrone Scythe on the Extra Stage boss, a wave of blood will lash out. Neat stuff :P

Also now when you game over on the EX stage or while playing ∀kashic mode, upon being booted to the main menu you will now be greeted with this message every time:

But every time you game over, the last word seems to be different. Other times I got "SEE YOU NEXT DESTINY..." and "SEE YOU NEXT CHANCE..."

Not only that but finishing the game seems to reveal a message. No clue as to what it means though since for some reason my text is messing up and refusing to show anything.
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

Played ∀nother-∀sterism, stage 2 midboss(That only appeared on ∀kashic before) suddenly appearing confused me and almost ruined my run, haha. :lol:

Edit: now for list of stuff i noticed:
Stage 2 midboss, like i said before.(∀sterism only?)
Stage 3 boss additional method after last one(∀sterism only)
Stage 4 boss actually fights back more properly after losing Eliminator(∀sterism only), and more effects during boss itself
Stage 5 boss additional method(∀sterism only?)
METHOD 5.5.0: FREAK OUT:EUTHANASIE NOW ACTUALLY HAS RANK SIMILAR TO STAGE 4 BOSS, have fun trying to time it out, it goes insane. :D
Also different wings during that method
EXBOSS different wings, more effects, takes less damage from QTE(or has more hp overall), unless i was just playing badly(which is possible). Malicious Wake starts right on phase 2 immediately and actually loops.

Edit mk2:
EXBOSS on ∀kashic is actually harder now as well, including QTE :o
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I didn't notice this before but the main Akashicverse page has names to go with the music now. o_O
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

That f***ing final boss.

I... guess I'll get around to updating the method list sometime this week.

In the meantime... So the main character is named Ageha, right? It seems to be "アゲハ", which apparently also stands for "butterfly". Huh.
Last edited by Cadrin on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 10 times in total.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

I can't read the text in the music player, documents or tutorial. Last version of Akashicverse I had on the same computer ran just fine, Japanese fonts installed and all that. Any ideas on how to fix?
Blattdorf

Post by Blattdorf »

I have the same problem with the text. Something must be wonky with the game itself.

There's lots of big and small improvements across the board in the new patch, but I especially like the improved background for Stage 2. Makes it have a more distinct personality to it instead of just a random fiesta of colors for the sake of it.
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

Sadly, I have no idea how to fix this. I could never see the text on my desktop. AppLocale doesn't work. I use Windows XP SP3.

The save game feature can be abused to revert your deaths on the stage you're in without the need for starting over from Stage 1. It also lets you keep the Asterism mode. I found out after game overing in Stage 4 once and in Stage 5 thrice on Another difficulty. So, in a sense, the game has continues that don't even count as continues because of oversight in programming. Or maybe they could be called limited attempts. Still, that's a rather nasty exploit and another reason why the game is not to be taken seriously as a competitive one, besides the lack of replays.

The Extra stage seems to be pretty easy despite looking like a love child of Queen Larsa and Zatsuza. Just don't panic. You might want to fight the extra boss a couple times in stage practice to figure out what needs to be done.

EDIT: I have updated the methods list. Potential spoiler alert for those who haven't completed the game on Asterism.
Last edited by Cadrin on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Observer

Post by Observer »

One thing at a time, people. I've reported the problem to the devs, and replied to the pertinent questions, they'll see what they can do to fix this. Hopefully, a patch will roll out eventually. I might suggest something for the save feature, like having the score marked as "Used Saves/Full Run with no saves" at the end or something. Would that work? I mean, I can sense a scoreboard will probably be made sooner or later so the sooner that's addressed, the better, right?
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Indeed. Some kind of tag to distinguish savestate-based clears to single runs, or anything for the matter, would be much appreciated along with the fix for the text.
Cadrin

Post by Cadrin »

I guess that would work. I mean, this save game feature always looked to me like something for casual gamers' convenience. And if you play for score, having to beat the game in one sitting never inconvenienced anyone. A full playthrough of Akashicverse takes... I don't know, I think about 45 minutes tops on Asterism.

Also thank you for messaging the developers, Observer. I'm pretty sure not many people in this thread know Japanese well enough to take matters into their own hands.

So... I think that has been taken care of, for now. You guys want to discuss the new things in 1.30? For instance, how are you supposed to burst down Hal in Stage 5 now if you're going for a scoring run? Back in the old version you could just spam multiple Doom Bringers one on top of another to nuke her down in a matter of seconds, because you were able to charge your method gauge by having your wings on top of the enemy. The bullets would still charge the gauge as normal before getting vaporized by the Doom Bringer's beam of hellfire.

Now, the Doom Bringer has been nerfed and I don't think you can do that anymore. Or maybe you can. I noticed that Hal gained a highly damaging close range melee attack in 1.30 that she frequently uses if you get near her, similar to Subaru's Dethrone Scythe. Maybe that's to deter players from attempting to use the Crutch Bringer method to nuke her down quickly, but you CAN actually still charge your method gauge by staying on top of her while firing the Doom Bringer. Does that make any sense? Because what's the point of giving her a melee attack after the nerf to DB? To add insult to injury, to rub it in? "Oh hey, you wanted to get to the scoring part? Surprise." - something like that?

Besides, I always thought the Doom Bringer to be placed in the game specifically as means of getting to the scoring parts of Stage 5 FAST. (With the added benefit of being able to dispatch of the Cymbidium and Subaru rather quickly, but these two never were about scoring - maybe except the Sword Breaker method during Stage 5 boss.) During the first phase of Stage 5 you can probably deplete Hal's health by using your other methods, because this phase lasts for quite a long time. The second phase is much harder without the Doom Bringer, because Valiant Vanguard and Wallflower's Flash do not provide many bullets for you to graze, and you are unlikely to work your way through the second health bar by the end of Agnostic Circle using just your regular methods. For the third and final phase you pretty much NEED to use the Doom Bringer, combined with the Eliminator.

Stage 5 is hard enough to score in without the Doom Bringer. Why add the melee attack?
Observer

Post by Observer »

Well, I game overed on Asterism Stage 5. I'll see if I can 1cc the game tomorrow. I liked that Stage 3 boss now also has a final form that attacks once you destroy its Eliminator. Tons of little details here and there have been added.

I'll ask about the save feature and hopefully they'll implement either a "used saves" scoreboard along with the normal one. Although I'm fearing that, due to laziness, they'll make the game record scores that were achieved in full runs only for the Akashic Records. That's the one I'm seeing happening but you never know :P
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.