I DID IT! Share your latest 1CCs/other triumphs here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: I DID IT

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Deca wrote:Oooh DTP is gonna love this one, got my 1.5 Original clear. Fell just shy of 200mil with Palm but whatever, now I don't have to feel guilty about playing BL and can sort of forget 1.5 exists.
Congratulations! You've been wanting to clear that one for a while, haven't you? I still find 1.5 pretty fun now that I've gotten more confident at dealing with the patterns, but Black Label is definitely a blast to play.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Nice, grats Deca! :)
Deca

Post by Deca »

BareknuckleRoo wrote:Congratulations! You've been wanting to clear that one for a while, haven't you? I still find 1.5 pretty fun now that I've gotten more confident at dealing with the patterns, but Black Label is definitely a blast to play.
Yeah it had been bugging me for a while that I never got the 1.5 clear, it was really just a matter of sitting down and playing until I no-missed up to stage 5 :)

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT I JUST CLEARED BL MANIAC ON MY FIRST CREDIT WAHT THEF YCASKDAJCASDJBHASBDN A DSNDAS
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Deca wrote: EDIT: WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT I JUST CLEARED BL MANIAC ON MY FIRST CREDIT WAHT THEF YCASKDAJCASDJBHASBDN A DSNDAS
Where did you find the Tiger Blood mate? I want some! :lol:

Congrats. :)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Deca wrote:EDIT: WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT I JUST CLEARED BL MANIAC ON MY FIRST CREDIT WAHT THEF YCASKDAJCASDJBHASBDN A DSNDAS
Been there, done that. A true WTF moment. http://youtu.be/msVXs7j6LzM
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Deca

Post by Deca »

emphatic wrote:
Been there, done that. A true WTF moment. http://youtu.be/msVXs7j6LzM
The weird thing is I feel like I had more lucky moments in my 1.5 original clear! Through maniac I just felt totally on top of it and calm. I had a few dodges that surprised me but nothing that made me think "I shouldn't have survived that." I missed the extend item as I often do, but hit both score based. Got Larsa with a bomb left I think.

I just feel awesome, sort of like I've proven to myself that I really have improved my general skills. Being able to clear a game (that isnt as easy as donpachi) fairly quickly is something I've always wanted to be able to do but never really thought I would. I'm ready for my next challenge!
Gus

Post by Gus »

Play Ultra.
Deca

Post by Deca »

I'm really not ready to do that to myself. Maybe God before too long, I can hit st3 in that at least. I kind of want to go for a dfk omote strong clear.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Damn Deca, ur goin too fast!

I was gonna try some BL Maniac next, didn't even have a chance to pop it in before you got the clear.

I've been to stage 4, but like usual, the 2nd half of stage 3 gives me issues.

Plus, I have a harder time bombing in BL. It just rapes the points.

Grats though man, cleared a Maniac mode! Thats like... a real game and shit!
TLB

Post by TLB »

dunpeal2064 wrote: Plus, I have a harder time bombing in BL. It just rapes the points.
Why don't you use duct tape to solve the problem of seeing the counter (and maybe your score) and give strict survival play a try for a while? The focus on optimization of one goal might give you a leg up once you try for scoring ^_~
Grats though man, cleared a Maniac mode! Thats like... a real game and shit!
Post of the hour...perhaps of the decade (and I'm being serious...lol -_-)
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Ha ha, I can imagine what my gf would think when she walks in and I have duct tape covering parts of the screen.

She asks why, and all I can say is, "I just can't not score... I just can't"
Deca

Post by Deca »

dunpeal2064 wrote:She asks why, and all I can say is, "I just can't not score... I just can't"
It's a legitimate concern, I know how you feel :( Bombing on a 30k counter in God mode is kind of soul crushing.

What is the general consensus on the difficulty of BL Maniac? It honestly felt pretty easy to me :X Granted some of Larsas patterns are beyond me at this point but I didn't really have to strain myself to get there with enough bombs to kill her.
TLB

Post by TLB »

I think I got to the last boss on my first or second credit. It's not very difficult, but it can be very punishing, lol...
Deca

Post by Deca »

I feel like once I figured out the properties of my ships shots and how far popcorn was willing to chase me (holy shit, the streams of popcorn are REALLY forgiving in this game, I've saved myself a lot just by leading them up until I hit the top corner, something DDP taught me would get my killed 90% of the time) I was able to play more confidently and understand the flow of the game better. Recos homing options got me out of some situations that would be unwinnable in 1.5.

I can definitely see how the game could get away from you pretty quick if you play too timidly, that seems to be a theme with Cave stuff really.

Edit: Finally hit the first extend before the st1 boss in DOJBL, full st1 chain is closer than ever. Also made savestates for all of Koryu's patterns, very nearly killed him with a single bomb in practice. After some work on his last pattern I'm starting to develop more of a gameplan, finding that camping in between the 3rd sweep of the pink bullets and moving with them while dodging the blue streams helps consistency, but it's still falling apart near the end of the attack. I get pushed downscreen and it all goes to hell, I think the key is to stay right in his face.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Why is it that Larsa's first two attacks in Maniac BL are so much harder than her other attacks? Can't figure it out for the life of me. I'd probably be able to clear this mode more consistently if it weren't for these f*ckers.
Soldato J

Post by Soldato J »

Congrats! I still dont have any 1CC :oops:
Deca

Post by Deca »

:mrgreen:

On to stage 2 I guess! Though I need to improve consistency on that very last bit before the popcorn on the highway at the end.
Last edited by Deca on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

:mrgreen:

This actually happened some hours ago.
Deca

Post by Deca »

Opened the omote loop in DFK at the end of one of my worst runs in recent history. I guess it's an accomplishment but I was pissed off and kind of shocked when it asked me if I wanted to enter :P
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Today I got my second extend on BL at the beginning of the 3rd stage. Don't know if that sucks or not, but it feels pretty sweet! Just figuring out spots where i can just let the screen get flooded with bullets and CASH IN on the x9999.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Woah! Today I no-missed up to Larsa on BL Maniac. Killed her off with 2-lives left. My score isn't much to show for, mostly because I stopped trying around Stage 4 so I could just concentrate on making through it safely. But, I'm pretty psyched on nearly no-missing the whole shebang. Just gotta figure out how to handle Larsa, cause honestly, I bomb the shit out of her.

Deca

Post by Deca »

Whoah nice, did you run St5 in training mode much? I still have a very loose grasp on st5, when I cleared Maniac I think I missed once near the middle-end of it.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

To be honest, i'm not that familiar with stage 5. I just use the focus shot way more than I should to keep safe. It hurts the score but it helps me to get through it.

Hmm...Maybe I'll buy Raiden IV and come back for God Mode.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm glad I finally managed to 1cc this brilliant game. Thanks to BareknuckleRoo for giving me the extra insight that was needed to be able to pull this off!
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

I tried to sell this game because I got bored with it but no one was interested. I figured I might as well try to clear one of the modes. Here is a Bomb Mode 1-All, with one life left.

I'm kinda realizing that I like Arrange A somewhat. I have no idea how it works, but it's kinda fun!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Thanks to BareknuckleRoo for giving me the extra insight that was needed to be able to pull this off!
Meh, I didn't do much aside from post some scoring info and such. You did better than I did with my first ALL clear; I pulled through with less than half that score and 0L 0B remaining. Darn fun doujin to play, although Hard Mode's way too crazy for me with its suicide bullets raping me to death. ;_;
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Judgment SilverSword Hard Mode 1cc using the secret ship. 91.5 million for #1 on the 360 leaderboard.

I'm not done with this mode and ship yet though. The run included suckiness such as dying to Divine Flow 8 times and rushing to get the 1 up after Mitsurugi Rebirth which caused me to be hit by the final boss before it even started the final attack pattern. Absolutely no clear bonus as I didn't have lives left, but I know I could improve on this if I no missed to Divine Flow and then don't screw it up too much(deaths on it are expected) and don't screw up the Ex bosses.

So I'll be working on improving that and 1ccing Normal with default ship(which is still harder than Hard with Secret Ship)
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Okay, so I just watched a youtube video of stage 2-5 and the last 3 bosses of Resurrection. I realize that my Bomb Mode 1-All is really just scratching the surface. Seriously though, it boggles my mind how some players actually reach these parts of the game (in the general sense, not just Resurrection).
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

You'd be suprised, once you're triggering Omote loop regularly you'll find you're able to get to 2-3 or 2-4 pretty easily. I'm utterly crap at these games and I got 2-3 Omote and 2-2 Ura the first times I triggered those loops.

Seriously, you'll be suprised by how well you do. 2-5 is where shit really gets real brah.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Deca

Post by Deca »

Activated completely unintentionally while working on breaking 5mil in Normal. Previous run was thwarted by Blunts last fucking bullet going offscreen before Sobut entered. Would have easily bumped me past 5 :/ I'm sure I could hit 6 or 7 if I can stop playing like a retard, I'm not activating Black Heart or Gob Robo at all lately ugh

Still, this was enough to put a smile on my face.