jonny5 meet - 1 last time, May 5th - WE PLAY!!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
bay

Post by bay »

this is the exact same issue i have when i bother to organize stuff.

TOE WRONG TOE.

been there once, it's like a mini usa. heh
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

I can drop by again, my twin is feeling better so he'll probabally be coming along too. Not sure about Dom, he's giving me a maybe.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I'll still drop by, however, if you really have things to do, I can always leave early (OR drop by some other time) if you want.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

its not really organizing....

i set a date...usually every 2 weeks...everybody comes to my house....we play games....

but the last few have been like a week apart so peeps gotz things to do....

no worries.....

either way i will be here playing games so if people show up i will have to share :wink:

the shit my g/f wanted me to do is fine.....i dont want to go....so if you are coming just post or give me a call.....

as usual, any time past 11 is cool.....
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

there could be a surprise this saturday so you guys better show!!

:lol:
damakable

Post by damakable »

This time I'll be there bright and early at 11. I may leave early as well to go jam, but then again our sessions often devolve into video and board games anyhow so you know, whatever.

SFKhoa, I'll go ahead and take that arcade stick off your hands as soon as I'm able to play DOJ. Will you be supplying a USB adapter (or any others I should know about) with it or does that cost extra? (If so, where do I get one?) I called up A&C and they do indeed have the latest and greatest HRAP in stock, but it's a bit out of my price range ($200), so I'll be happy to help you purchase it instead. Act fast, it's some sort of special edition!
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

if you have a fat ps2 and the network adapter and any ps1 game(and preferably a small HDD) bring it on saturday and i will mod your ps2 for ya....if you dont have an HDD i think i might have a spare kicking around that i can lend you

and there will definitely be a nice surprise for this meet.....i think khoa might know what it is so please dont ruin it for the rest

suffice to say it is obviously another cave title :lol:
damakable

Post by damakable »

Well, I've just got a slim, and I'm missing a network adapter. Is the slim more work, more costly, and the like? Should I trade it in for a fat one and an adapter? I can't wait to get this done, the sooner the better.
damakable

Post by damakable »

Wow, I keep asking questions immediately after you answer them. Okay... for now I'm off to class, while I think about all this.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

honestly i would tarde it in for a fat one myself just cuz i hate using discs.....

cost wise, dependiong on whether you have the network adapter and an HDD kciking around it will be about the same....

around 80-90 bux to chip mod a slim....probably around $30 for a network adapter, $5 bux for a ps1 game and $50+ for an HDD to softmod a fat

its up to you....we can talk more about it saturday
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

damakable wrote:This time I'll be there bright and early at 11. I may leave early as well to go jam, but then again our sessions often devolve into video and board games anyhow so you know, whatever.

SFKhoa, I'll go ahead and take that arcade stick off your hands as soon as I'm able to play DOJ. Will you be supplying a USB adapter (or any others I should know about) with it or does that cost extra? (If so, where do I get one?) I called up A&C and they do indeed have the latest and greatest HRAP in stock, but it's a bit out of my price range ($200), so I'll be happy to help you purchase it instead. Act fast, it's some sort of special edition!
It'll cost extra for the USB adapter. Unfortunately, it's up to you to find one yourself. :/

The one A&C Games have is called the HRAP2 SA (Special Addition) where it's basically the HRAP 2 equipeed with Sanwa buttons and stick.

Cody, you can't be serious. If it's what I think it is. Fuck yes, I'm definitely coming. How did you like "it" compared to the emulated counterpart?
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

it should arrive this afternoon or tomorrow morning.....

and yes i am excited!! :lol:

and i would have thought futari would have been enough :roll:

you had better be there....udderdude smoked your 52 mill score with a 92 mill

:shock:

jeez...theres just no pleasing some people.....lolz :wink:
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

jonny5 wrote:
you had better be there....udderdude smoked your 52 mill score with a 92 mill
fuckjing breakin mah heart mang
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

nah...consider it motivation....but we did figure out how to cash in for like 20 mill in a few spots...even i can do it
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

the 'surprise' is in my hands now.... :lol:
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

jonny5 wrote:the 'surprise' is in my hands now.... :lol:
The suspense is killing me .. :S
damakable

Post by damakable »

Alright, I just submitted my assignment that was due 8 minutes ago, a real piece of crap thanks to my using C++ in order to get better at it and, you know, learn things. On the plus side, I learned a lot about C++. I spent an hour today working out a bug that was fixed by the addition of a single ampersand (really a classic blunder, I'm sure if you've done C/C++ you know what I mean...). But damn am I tired, and all I ate today was a burger at Harvey's. And one of the output files is all mangled with random quote marks, causing the test program not to work at all properly, and valgrind complains I've got a memory leak like a bullet in the head. But it is submitted, and I'm hoping for >70%, maybe more if I resubmit after Thanksgiving.

This is just to say that I am rewarding myself with an arcade stick and much shmuppage. :) I could probably whine some more about how hard school is, but then again, I really slacked off last year, so I deserve what I get and besides, I got my second ever paycheque today as a freelance programmer. It's Friday night, now Saturday morning, and I'm still in the lab. I have never been more of a geek than at this time in my life, and it feels ... actually, pretty good. So instead of whining, I'm going to go home and get some rest so I can play DOJ properly. XD

...also, as excited as the rest of you for this surprise, whatever it is.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Futari owns me :S
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Me too.
damakable

Post by damakable »

Mushihime still owns me. So I'm happy practicing that and DOJ for now. Thanks for all the new shmups, guys, and the joystick, this is great. :) Playing the second loop of DOJ in simulation mode is pretty much the most intense experience of my life. :P
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

SFKhoa wrote:Me too.
136mill scores say otherwise.... :roll:

now i have to beat that shit....i should be the one whining :wink:
malik11

Post by malik11 »

Sounds like I have a lot of catching up to do... :?
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

malik11 wrote:Sounds like I have a lot of catching up to do... :?
Hopefully the next time you come to the meet, you can watch me get to 2-3 of Progear.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

this saturday....be there or be square!! :lol:
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I'm there.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

i just got marvel vs streetfighter......

im gonna stomp you guys :twisted:
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

jonny5 wrote:i just got marvel vs streetfighter......

im gonna stomp you guys :twisted:
OH SNAP :O
malik11

Post by malik11 »

I'll actually be making it to this one. I may even get to play Futari, at long last. :shock:
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

malik11 wrote:I'll actually be making it to this one. I may even get to play Futari, at long last. :shock:
RIDE PLZ? :D
malik11

Post by malik11 »

SFKhoa wrote:
malik11 wrote:I'll actually be making it to this one. I may even get to play Futari, at long last. :shock:
RIDE PLZ? :D
Check.

Gas money, plz? :P