Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou [Arcade/PS2/X360]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
jpj

Post by jpj »

orange wrote:broke 100mil tonight!
nice 8)
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
orange

Post by orange »

aww yeah :>

orange - 115,270,960 - A-E - 1-5 - 1574

http://i32.tinypic.com/25s8oz7.jpg
jpj

Post by jpj »

edit: slightly smaller pic :lol:
Last edited by jpj on Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

and still such a low chain.
jpj

Post by jpj »

indeed. obviously you didn't see the secret message :P

i have a 1900-2000 hit pattern for stage 2, but if i think i'm about to be hit by a bullet from the st2 midboss i will activate the hypers early (this happens a lot these days). also, i don't do the funky pattern on the st1 boss, so i start st2 with 3 hypers, instead of 4.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

lol why that?
You get a 300mio score without being able to beat stage 1 boss and stage 2 midboss in a normal way?

What do you do in Stage 5 i wonder
malik11

Post by malik11 »

I believe one of jpj's concerns (according to one of his past comments) is the high rank associated with launching five hypers at once. Isn't that right?

Also, a low chain isn't always much worse than a high chain. The hit count is a multiplier, so in theory, the player should use hypers as soon as he or she gets them, so that earlier enemies can be affected by the higher multiplier as well.
jpj

Post by jpj »

i can beat st1 boss and st2 midboss properly :roll:

i was only concentrating on reaching the loop, i didn't expect to beat my score :P
orange

Post by orange »

orange wrote:aww yeah :>

orange - 115,270,960 - A-E - 1-5 - 1574

http://i32.tinypic.com/25s8oz7.jpg
hey i think you missed something! ;)
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

jpj wrote:i can beat st1 boss and st2 midboss properly :roll:

i was only concentrating on reaching the loop, i didn't expect to beat my score :P
but looking at your skills, i think you will be able to solve these little obstacles.
Congrats nevertheless, its a nice score for sure, and... KEEP THIS UP! :wink:
jpj

Post by jpj »

yeah, now that i have the ps2 version i can practice particular levels individually, which is great. and i'm liking all the options in the simulation mode so you can try to play the levels in same conditions as you would in a normal run (ie i have used X hypers, i have 1 in stock, my meter is half charged, etc etc). have you seen the new DOJ BL dvd elf? in the type B replay he has a crazy pattern to beat stage 1 using only 1 hyper, but with a very good chaining route. he doesn't activate hypers on the boss either, and starts stage 2 with 5 hypers in stock. his chain for stage 2 is 2,800+ !! :o but for me at the moment, it is more important to learn consistent pattern for stage 5 that i will be able to re-do over and over again, rather than work on extra 5 mill here, extra 10 mill there, etc. trouble is milking that stage 4 boss for hypers without screwing it up :?
orange wrote: hey i think you missed something! ;)
shit. sorry about that :oops:
jpj

Post by jpj »

score table increased to a top 30 chart
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

jpj wrote: have you seen the new DOJ BL dvd elf? in the type B replay he has a crazy pattern to beat stage 1 using only 1 hyper, but with a very good chaining route. he doesn't activate hypers on the boss either, and starts stage 2 with 5 hypers in stock. his chain for stage 2 is 2,800+ !! :o
I've seen one replay of the DVD once, i think it was Type A, though.
It's in common knowledge, to no-hyper and full-chain stage 1, and milk 2 hypers from the arms of the boss , so you have that 5 hypers for stage 2, hope you know that :wink:

but for me at the moment, it is more important to learn consistent pattern for stage 5

You mentioned usually having about 150mio when entering stage 5, so according to your newest score, you can get about 15mio + in stage 5 itself.
How's your current progress with stage 5 ? Have you ever managed to clear it in one or two chains?
jpj

Post by jpj »

elfhentaifan wrote:It's in common knowledge, to no-hyper and full-chain stage 1, and milk 2 hypers from the arms of the boss , so you have that 5 hypers for stage 2, hope you know that :wink:

no no, this is one (or two?) hypers to generate a really high score, and then full chaining. what is interesting is when and where he uses the hypers. much better technique than what is on the arika dvd. most players sacrifice points on stage 1 and compensate with a good stage 2 (risk taking), but he does something like 900-1,000 hits on stage 1 with only 1 hyper.
elfhentaifan wrote: How's your current progress with stage 5 ? Have you ever managed to clear it in one or two chains?
the 300 million was done by chaining stage 5 in two chains. i've done st5 in one whole chain a couple of times, but only in practice mode.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

jpj wrote: most players sacrifice points on stage 1 and compensate with a good stage 2 (risk taking), but he does something like 900-1,000 hits on stage 1 with only 1 hyper.
I haven't seen this strategy yet, though consider, that black label is played with totally different strategies, than White Label.
So you can also get a 3000+ chain in stage 2 there (via extreme aura milking, especially at the base)
Do you actually that secrifice-points-in-st1 technique? It really gives more points, even if its such a ridiclously low difference, later on, but it sure looks nice, when having a 300mio score with a nice 2000Hit Combo (just for the eyecandy's sake) 8)
jpj

Post by jpj »

okay just watched the black label dvd again.

for type-a: he uses three hypers on stage 1, and chains the level for 40 million with a chain of 1400 hits. and starts stage 2 with three hypers, and with aura milking has a chain of 2500 hits and finishes the stage with a total score of 165 million :o (i would be lucky to finish stage 3 on black label with 165)

for type-b: he uses just one hyper and chains 840 hits and a score of 28 million. starts stage 2 with five hypers and uses aura milking to make a 2800 hit chain, finishing stage with 164 million

so 1400 + 2500 gives same score as a 840 + 2800 over two levels. as chaining is more difficult without hypers, surely i'm better off learning the technique he uses with type-a, wouldn't you think? the main thing i would have to change is getting both bees before the first big turret and starting my first hyper here, along with how he takes out the large tank. but because i haven't been able to practice single levels by playing on pcb, my style has been to improve on all levels bit by bit. but rather than concentrate on a 2000 hit stage 2, i'm concentrating on the 2500 hit chain for stage 5 :wink: perhaps then you will be happier with my playing :(
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

are you talking about black label, only or are you trying to overtake the black label strategy for the white label ps2 port?
As i said, both are totally different games (different scoressystem/chains etc)
so DONT mix them together.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Since he actually has both versions, why would he mix them up?
Anyway, I think it's better to use one 5hyper than to use two or three 1hypers.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
jpj

Post by jpj »

for the rank, you are probably correct. what is the maximum rank on hyper continues? 15?
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

you very propably wont reach the max rank in loop 1, though.
To solve this problem, suicide at bosses, like e.g. Plasmo did in his 437mil replay.
jpj

Post by jpj »

plasmo was suiciding at the stage 4 boss to gain hyper meter for stage 5 :wink:

that's the thing about a good stage 5 chain though - having a good st4 boss :?
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

He died at the boss too early, so he had to suicide thrice right after to gain the hyper, thats correct.
But he still always suicides once or twice at the stage 4 boss, to have a chance in stage 5.
jpj

Post by jpj »

best way to do it is to chain into the last four bees as your hyper is coming to an end, and as the newly generated hyper icon is scrolling down the screen after picking up the x2 bee, make sure to avoid it. suicide on the first form straight away, then use two bombs to kill off the first form quickly. pick up the hypers, and start milking :wink:

anyways, when are you getting back into the top 10? :wink:
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

But he still always suicides once or twice at the stage 4 boss, to have a chance in stage 5.
I usually don't suicide there, I just like to call it intentional because I keep messing it up. (see replay) :oops:
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
jpj

Post by jpj »

just watched your reply again, and yeah that stage 4 boss death was obviously unintentional :wink: very interesting technique for stage 1 and 2. but your 2300 chain on stage 5 netted you 282 million from stage alone :shock: and that was starting with 3 hypers. so starting with 5 hypers and a similar chain would be something like 300 million maybe? also, after watching your replay and playing my ps2 more i think regarding the slowdown issue, the ps2 has a touch more in the beehive section.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Now that the board has 30 places, I can post my old, crappy score:

Ruldra - 59,494,550 - A-E - 1-4 - 1126 Hit

I'll get back to this game at some point and break 100mil.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
jpj

Post by jpj »

welcome to the table, and thanks for posting in the correct format :)
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

jpj wrote:indeed. obviously you didn't see the secret message
I finally noticed it.
How long took me that now?
malik11

Post by malik11 »

Yay, I defeated Icarus!

malik11 - 104,483,890 - A-E - 1-4 - 1392 Hit

I finally cleared one hundred million, probably all because it was on the PCB, this time. I still wasn't able to chain those last two bees in stage two, as usual, although they wouldn't have mattered quite as much because I used my hypers very early and the hit count was lower. Actually, I also wasted a hyper by launching hypers while one was still falling on screen.

Question: Does the PCB save the scores when it's powered off?
malik11

Post by malik11 »

Oh, and nice avatar, by the way, jpj!