gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
tusecsy

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by tusecsy »

superg wrote:
tusecsy wrote:Just look at the recent krikzz controversy, not a single person even had their everdrives or systems damaged, just the potential set everyone off.
What is that krikzz controversy you keep mentioning about? Can you PM me some links, I'm genuinely curious, never had a single problem and I own almost all of his stuff.
It was largely blown out of proportion by some canadian article full of exaggerations and mistruths but it did cause him to revise all of his products going forward. You can google "everdrive voltage".

I will say the one drawback to another revision with the "problem" fixed is you're gonna have a flood of owners of previous versions trying to return them, trade them in, sell them and buy the new rev, etc. Us hardcore retro gamers are nuts (as I'm sure you know).
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

superg wrote:What is that krikzz controversy you keep mentioning about? Can you PM me some links, I'm genuinely curious, never had a single problem and I own almost all of his stuff.
https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05/th ... -consoles/

https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/13/ac ... -mismatch/

tusecsy, can you maybe try not to be an asshole on *every* forum you post on? I mean, just tone it down, man. Try starting with just not insulting people at the drop of a hat.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

Guspaz wrote:
superg wrote:What is that krikzz controversy you keep mentioning about? Can you PM me some links, I'm genuinely curious, never had a single problem and I own almost all of his stuff.
https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05/th ... -consoles/

https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/13/ac ... -mismatch/

tusecsy, can you maybe try not to be an asshole on *every* forum you post on? I mean, just tone it down, man. Try starting with just not insulting people at the drop of a hat.
i wasn't aware canadian was an insult.
FBX

Post by FBX »

tusecsy wrote:
It was largely blown out of proportion by some canadian article full of exaggerations and mistruths but it did cause him to revise all of his products going forward. You can google "everdrive voltage".
The article relayed accurate information from what I read. It was only fanboys trying to blow it out of proportion in order to make it look like some sort of smear campaign. It was nothing of the sort, and even Krikzz himself acknowledged going forward it was better to use proper voltage translators. It's just good practice.
chromium

Post by chromium »

tusecsy wrote:the third party rhea menu is not "great" (folder structure is stupid) unless they've installed a good first party one at some point, i can't find any info on it.

gdemu is hot trash compared to mnemo's usb-gdrom. i doubt the rhea is any different. i'll wait for someone else to come out. my burnt discs are fine for now and i know many are in the works.
Last comment on this from me as it's off topic, but wow you're hard to please.

I've got both Rhea and GDEMU and they both work great. The rmenu 0.2 does everything I'd want from a menu, it's fast, lets me select games and boot them and implements an in game reset.
Likewise with GDMenu. Yes they're not perfect devices because they use SD card and require specific file formats and folder structures, but is anything perfect? They do the job that they're supposed to.
herbscottie

Post by herbscottie »

Seems some apologies are in order, cdamm just called someone a liar and said he fabricated text to look like an email and got proven wrong. A real business man running a whatever small business he said he was running (forgot) would apologize for being wrong and the personal character attack and work with the other person to fix the problem or at least figure out what is going on for his customers. Not good business and after seeing that I would never buy a product from him, if I had a problem would he call me a liar? lol saying something like "oh you just fabricated that picture of the problem" Does anyone know a good comparable product to the windy gaming product I can look into?
Ruprit

Post by Ruprit »

herbscottie wrote:Seems some apologies are in order, cdamm just called someone a liar and said he fabricated text to look like an email and got proven wrong. A real business man running a whatever small business he said he was running (forgot) would apologize for being wrong and the personal character attack and work with the other person to fix the problem or at least figure out what is going on for his customers. Not good business and after seeing that I would never buy a product from him, if I had a problem would he call me a liar? lol saying something like "oh you just fabricated that picture of the problem" Does anyone know a good comparable product to the windy gaming product I can look into?
I doubt Windy City Gaming with return to this thread to apologize. Regardless, even if he makes the suggested changes to the supergun his handling of critique has been reprehensible. You can be sure that I will never buy one of his products.

As for Superguns? JNX makes superguns. He made my consolized Neo-Geo MVS, which I adore. There’s Jasen’s Customs, who is receptive to critique. On this forum, RGB makes the HAS. Though it’s TBD on when another batch will be made.
hbardaxc

Post by hbardaxc »

cdamm wrote:
superg wrote:
cdamm wrote: Yes your correct. That is what we mean by line level. However JAMMA games have amplified sound because they are intended to drive independent speakers. Jamma Audio amps are usually powered by a 12v source which means it can easily exceed the thresholds of 5v switching logic.
Then I think we identified the issue. Providing such amplified input is against SCART standard but somehow I have a feeling that you're not going to change anything.
we've done our due diligence by providing an audio attenuation switch that scales down the audio levels by a factor of 10. given that no other device has trouble handling this, the rest is up to you.

Voultar wrote:Whoa, hold the phone.

JAMMA stereo audio intended to drive speakers directly, yes. Is that blasting out of the outputs without any line level conversion or am I missing something.
Jamma does not do stereo, only mono. We dont 'blast it out' without any line level conversion, that is what the audio attenuation switch is for.
Sorry, that's not how defined hardware standards work. This isn't the 1960's. Try again buddy.
cdamm

Post by cdamm »

Ruprit wrote:
herbscottie wrote:Seems some apologies are in order, cdamm just called someone a liar and said he fabricated text to look like an email and got proven wrong. A real business man running a whatever small business he said he was running (forgot) would apologize for being wrong and the personal character attack and work with the other person to fix the problem or at least figure out what is going on for his customers. Not good business and after seeing that I would never buy a product from him, if I had a problem would he call me a liar? lol saying something like "oh you just fabricated that picture of the problem" Does anyone know a good comparable product to the windy gaming product I can look into?
I doubt Windy City Gaming with return to this thread to apologize. Regardless, even if he makes the suggested changes to the supergun his handling of critique has been reprehensible. You can be sure that I will never buy one of his products.
You'd be dead wrong there.

Here's the thing. I still have not received that last email that he said he sent. He also glossed over the whole first half of that post where i pointed out how he attempted to contact me before I got on this thread. That's still not addressed. Just putting an email address in the address bar and hope it goes somewhere is no way to say that you contacted someone. Nor is saying you reached out to someone with no response multiple times a week a go when you sent one forwarded bad email the same week.

I kept a level head this entire time my business has been under siege from multiple spots over this thing. It was incredibly frustrating to be attacked from so many sides and have my business actually hurt over something that's been brewing for months without anyone actually notifying me. Putting up a post like i did was an act of frustration. Was it cathartic ? absolutely. Was it right? not at all. I do apologize for that. I always try to keep it professional even when someone acts less then professional at me. I failed on that post. Again, I do apologize on that.

Like I said earlier before i walked away for a while, I am not at home. I am at a convention. I am travelling again in a couple days for a wedding. I was jumping on a flight when I made that last post. I have a pretty crummy signal and limited ability to get information back and forth. I'll certainly post up properly when I return home, but I will again be away for a few days shortly after. I am preparing a proper response to where I left off. I have met a few shmups folks here in portland yesterday and not only expressed my regret for that last post in person to a couple of you, but actually showed them what I was talking about.

Again- sorry for that last one, it's not how I tend to do business. Sorry for being a little incommunicado the last day as well, but I've been completely swamped here with the show. I'll have some proper responses up on Tuesday. I just wanted to try and drop a quick note regarding how I acted.
zegota

Post by zegota »

I know others have requested, but I'll reiterate: can this be moved to a separate topic? I really don't want to miss the 12-second gscart order window because it's posted between a discussion about whose transistors are faulty :-/
zak

Post by zak »

zegota wrote:I know others have requested, but I'll reiterate: can this be moved to a separate topic? I really don't want to miss the 12-second gscart order window because it's posted between a discussion about whose transistors are faulty :-/
^This. New thread called Horse flogging or something, please.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

@cdamm

you hear that? thats the sound of the worlds squeakiest bicycle being peddled in reverse. the ole "oh shit im gonna lose business i better "apologize" apology". nobody heres buying it bro your product is shit and youve shown your true colors.

back on track..today is monday so whats the status on the 12 second release window?
superg

Post by superg »

Please be patient, I'm awaiting the shipment today!
m.Balmed

Post by m.Balmed »

tusecsy wrote:
you hear that?
Don't
Goati

Post by Goati »

is it time to stare in front of the monitor indefinitely as we refresh yet, or should we wait for more news first? :oops:
superg

Post by superg »

Ok, the units are here.
Here's how it will work:
I assemble some units, not all, just to have it started and then I open the orders for everybody.
Most likely I will open the orders this weekend. There are plenty of units this time. I will post everything here.
andykara2003

Post by andykara2003 »

FriendofSonic

Post by FriendofSonic »

Wahoo, just when I was thinking of ordering one. Can I ask you or anyone else here-- is there any chance the bandbridge units I use are causing audio buzz? I asked because my units are all chained with thicker coax units and the audio buzz didn't really subside with the systems where I opted to go coax with.
superg

Post by superg »

FriendofSonic wrote:Wahoo, just when I was thinking of ordering one. Can I ask you or anyone else here-- is there any chance the bandbridge units I use are causing audio buzz? I asked because my units are all chained with thicker coax units and the audio buzz didn't really subside with the systems where I opted to go coax with.
Are you sure that thicker coax cables are properly shielded? What about console->switch cables? NES with poor cabling is known to produce the loudest buzz.
FriendofSonic

Post by FriendofSonic »

superg wrote:
FriendofSonic wrote: Are you sure that thicker coax cables are properly shielded? What about console->switch cables? NES with poor cabling is known to produce the loudest buzz.
I can't be certain, but they come from a trusted cable seller (retro console accessories on eBay)
superg

Post by superg »

FriendofSonic wrote:
superg wrote:
FriendofSonic wrote: Are you sure that thicker coax cables are properly shielded? What about console->switch cables? NES with poor cabling is known to produce the loudest buzz.
I can't be certain, but they come from a trusted cable seller (retro console accessories on eBay)
Oh ok, her cables are good.
silviola

Post by silviola »

I am new here. Can the payment be via international credit card?
superg

Post by superg »

silviola wrote:I am new here. Can the payment be via international credit card?
PayPal only.
silviola

Post by silviola »

I never bought via paypal directly, just a few transactions via ebay. My international credit card is already in sync with my paypal account, so it seems that I can pay by clicking on the purchase link when it's available?
superg

Post by superg »

silviola wrote:I never bought via paypal directly, just a few transactions via ebay. My international credit card is already in sync with my paypal account, so it seems that I can pay by clicking on the purchase link when it's available?
As long as your address is confirmed and you're purchasing from the same country you will be fine.
ChuChu Flamingo

Post by ChuChu Flamingo »

RCA makes good cables along with Retro Console Cables.

But are your cables fully shielded or just the standard ones she sells for $20-$25? Are you daisy chaining switches? I would wager if you have those pro coaxial fully shielded cables from RCA that cost like $40 it points to the switch.

But yeah what Superg stated is good advice, especially the NES RGB. If you don't get fully shielded cables for your systems, at least get it on the outputs of whatever you are daisy chaining and main output.

Another factor here is how long your cables are and if your scart switch is powered or not. The cables she sells that are her standard ones without the pro coaxial core fully shielded upgrade is usually plenty for most people.

With this in mind, it is a good idea if you go longer than 5ft or more to get fully shielded. Especially when you add in a scart switcher or daisy chain them together. Your mileage may vary depending on your display setup as not all are created equal
Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
FriendofSonic

Post by FriendofSonic »

ChuChu Flamingo wrote:RCA makes good cables along with Retro Console Cables.

But are your cables fully shielded or just the standard ones she sells for $20-$25?

But yeah what Superg stated is good advice. If you don't get fully shielded cables for your systems, at least get it on the outputs of whatever you are daisy chaining and main output.

Another factor here is how long your cables are and if your scart switch is powered or not. The cables she sells that are her standard ones without the pro coaxial core fully shielded upgrade is usually plenty for most people.

With this in mind, it is a good idea if you go longer than 5ft or more to get fully shielded. Especially when you add in a scart switcher or daisy chain them together. Your mileage may vary depending on your display setup as not all are created equal
My Daisy chain for the three Banbridge units (unpowered units) are all coaxial. I bought some coax cables for some system but it didn't really solve the buzzing issue for those systems I opted to use coax for. Would another cable in the chain that isn't coax cause buzzing across the board?
ChuChu Flamingo

Post by ChuChu Flamingo »

Do all your consoles buzz, or is it certain ports (like the ones that are daisy chained?).

I do know some of the bandridge switchers do have a port that leaks current and usually people cut a trace on the last port. Not sure if that would make sound buzz or not though.
silviola

Post by silviola »

superg wrote:
silviola wrote:I never bought via paypal directly, just a few transactions via ebay. My international credit card is already in sync with my paypal account, so it seems that I can pay by clicking on the purchase link when it's available?
As long as your address is confirmed and you're purchasing from the same country you will be fine.
I will be buying from Brazil, and both my card and my paypal account are with my address registered correctly.
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

FriendofSonic wrote:
ChuChu Flamingo wrote:RCA makes good cables along with Retro Console Cables.

But are your cables fully shielded or just the standard ones she sells for $20-$25?

But yeah what Superg stated is good advice. If you don't get fully shielded cables for your systems, at least get it on the outputs of whatever you are daisy chaining and main output.

My Daisy chain for the three Banbridge units (unpowered units) are all coaxial. I bought some coax cables for some system but it didn't really solve the buzzing issue for those systems I opted to use coax for. Would another cable in the chain that isn't coax cause buzzing across the board?
ChuChu Flamingo wrote:Do all your consoles buzz, or is it certain ports (like the ones that are daisy chained?).

I do know some of the bandridge switchers do have a port that leaks current and usually people cut a trace on the last port. Not sure if that would make sound buzz or not though.
Like most buzz issues. You're probably not going to get a firm solution over the internet. Just things to try.

Question, is it just your console to scart cable that's coax? Because if the switch to switch cables aren't coax then that's a source of buzz.

Have you tried removing every non-essential cable from all of your switches? Ideally you should remove all switches from your setup as a reference for best achievable quality. If you get buzz here it's not going to reduce by adding switches. Then start chaining switches 1 at a time with only 1 cable in and 1 cable out of each one. If that's still noise free then try hooking up other inputs to those switches 1 at a time.

EDIT: Also, have you replaced any power supplies? Those are a potential source of noise. Do you run any of that networking over AC junk? That can potentially cause noise. Is AC power in your area generally clean?