Any interested in a Shmupmeet in Germany?

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

sven666 wrote:
Jockel wrote:NO GAY JOKES ANYMOAR xD
haha cant take the heat? 8)

i just drink tea and a few beers maybe, its been a hectic couple of weeks here so not really looking to get drunk, so no worries there robert ;)

emphatic/sinho, burn a cd with music you want to hear for the trip, if i choose its all 80s pop and black metal :P
Dude you come from fucking sweden and don't even listen to grindcore? pop in some nasum, genocide superstars or regurgitate :D
sven666

Post by sven666 »

i dont mind but i dont think sinho and emphatic would like that ;)

hmm I have a cd somewhere with "boten anna" looping like 20 times.. a real crowdpleaser..
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
ave

Post by ave »

I'd love to see that DDP DOJ Black Label DVD, can anyone bring it to the meet? 8)
THE ETERNAL
sven666

Post by sven666 »

aventus wrote:I'd love to see that DDP DOJ Black Label DVD, can anyone bring it to the meet? 8)
gotcha.

can briing the dualplay one aswell if you want :) (i also have a mushi ultra dual play vid if anyones interested?)

ed: i actually have a shitton of superplay DVDs and VHSes, if anyone wants me to bring one for a peticular game, shout out.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

sven666 wrote:Dude you come from fucking sweden and don't even listen to grindcore? pop in some nasum, genocide superstars or regurgitate
So you listen to a lot of Sash! and Sarah Connor automatically then, since you're German? :D My tattoo artist had lots of Regurgitate stickers at his work station. And I know he has good taste in music, so I guess it's good enough for me.
sven666 wrote:i dont mind but i dont think sinho and emphatic would like that ;)
I don't mind. As long as it's music from the heart. Just don't try to match the speed of the car to Nasum's BPM, and everything'll be just dandy.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

emphatic wrote:
I don't mind. As long as it's music from the heart. Just don't try to match the speed of the car to Nasum's BPM, and everything'll be just dandy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7_ofQ3Dw24

im gonna kick some highway ass in my '94 corolla! 8)
ave

Post by ave »

sven666 wrote:
aventus wrote:I'd love to see that DDP DOJ Black Label DVD, can anyone bring it to the meet? 8)
gotcha.

can briing the dualplay one aswell if you want :) (i also have a mushi ultra dual play vid if anyones interested?)

ed: i actually have a shitton of superplay DVDs and VHSes, if anyone wants me to bring one for a peticular game, shout out.
Nice! Would like to see the mushi ultra one as well. Maybe also the Lunatic Ibara, Madness of Garegga and Ketsu INH DVDs? :oops:

I'll probably end up watching all night videos of other people playing. :?
THE ETERNAL
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

sven666 wrote:i dont mind but i dont think sinho and emphatic would like that ;)

hmm I have a cd somewhere with "boten anna" looping like 20 times.. a real crowdpleaser..
dude i'd love you to bring me some music <3
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

@Sven666
PLEASE bring the Death Smiles DVD. I'd love to watch it, it's one of the few superplay DVD's I don't have. :wink:
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Robert garcia

Post by Robert garcia »

Seems like it gonna be watch Superplays DVD Meet
Joker_GSF

Post by Joker_GSF »

Frederik wrote:
emphatic wrote:
Jockel wrote:Yeah, don't drink and fly ;)
You'll need top-notch reflexes so better drink some coffee.
Pro tip: Actually, coffee doesn't help with shmupping as it might make you edgey. Tea on the other hand makes you relaxed yet focused. :D
Yeah, I used to drink quite a lot of coffee but then I noticed it totally plays havoc with me, especially when I had to stay up late - the only effect it had was that I started to feel like shit and couldn´t get to sleep when I finally had the chance to. Tea is a good tip :)

And yeah, I wouldn´t want to ruin the rare chance to get my hands on so many great games at once by getting worn out and sleepy from a few cans of cheap brew :roll:
How embarassing.

TAKE THIS YOU N00B!!!!!111elf

You don't know Club-Mate?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club-Mate
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club-Mate

8)

Joker
www.kingplayer.de - Figures, Game-Apparel, Merchandise and more !
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Plasmo wrote:@Sven666
PLEASE bring the Death Smiles DVD. I'd love to watch it, it's one of the few superplay DVD's I don't have. :wink:
no problem mate, glad to see youre coming aswell, always nice to meet the old-school crew :)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Great sven666. This'll keep the cabs available to us "shmuppers". :D
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Joker_GSF wrote: Image
Joker
Are you kidding? I love that stuff 8)
Joker_GSF

Post by Joker_GSF »

Me too, and it doesn't have the bad side-effects of Red Bull, Cola or coffee.
So I usually drink this when playing a long time.

Joker
SinHo

Post by SinHo »

Well, if everything goes according to plan we will arrive, Saturday at around 9.00-10.00. As we are from Sweden we will most like go to some supermarket and buy some beer…

Hence, if you guys want us to bring something more, please let us know (superplay DVD’s and PCB is already on the list).

bwt, if anyone is interested in buying some posters (Espgaluda 2, MFBL or DS MBL) please let me know. Have not have the time to check any prices yet, but I can probably do that during the day if anyone shows any interest.
Robert garcia

Post by Robert garcia »

What we would need is a working ST-V Mobo with an US Bios, to play Steep Slope Sliders!
Runefaust

Post by Runefaust »

Maybe the SSS needs an european bios? The euro bios is not supported by the unibios afaik.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Robert garcia wrote:What we would need is a working ST-V Mobo with an US Bios, to play Steep Slope Sliders!
Muhahahahahahaha!

If you close your eyes while playing Mushihimesama Futari BL's third stage, some of the enemies make shwishing sounds while killed. I always imagine this is an homage to SSS. :D
sven666

Post by sven666 »

thank god i only have a jap-bios, emphatic would never shut-up about it otherwise :P
Joker_GSF

Post by Joker_GSF »

If somebody wants to see something from my online-store (check my signature), let me know and I will bring it with me. Not so many Shmups items atm but perhaps you guys find something.

Joker
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Joker_GSF wrote:If somebody wants to see something from my online-store (check my signature), let me know and I will bring it with me. Not so many Shmups items atm but perhaps you guys find something.

Joker
wow.. some pretty cool stuff actually :) might order something.
Joker_GSF

Post by Joker_GSF »

Our journey to Hamburg starts tomorrow at noon. If you are fast enough I can bring the stuff you want with me, just leave me a note;)

Joker
ave

Post by ave »

Jockel wrote:

dude i'd love you to bring me some music <3
Seconded! I'd love to extend my little collection... will bring my portable HDD with my stuff too (45gb superplays, some music).

Wohow, only about 15 hours to go from now 8)
THE ETERNAL
sven666

Post by sven666 »

sorry guys, i hardly have a single MP3 :P bringing all my albums would be far too much work..
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Just to let you know, I plan to arrive a bit later, around 17:00 in the afternoon. I hope I won't miss TOO much. :cry:
I like chocolate milk

ave

Post by ave »

The meeting was entirely awesome. Many thanks to Robert Garcia for the great catering, the lot of black coffee and for providing his rooms to be turned into evac county. 8)

I hope the photos will be up soon. Did someone take one of the Ketsui/DOJBL-DVD being displayed on the wall in 2x2m size? :shock:
THE ETERNAL
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

It was pure awesomeness. Robert Garcia is the man.
I like chocolate milk

Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

What aventus and Plasmo said. It was a great meet. Thanks Robert!
lowemark

Post by lowemark »

I hope someone managed to snap some photos. :D