M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
gbaplayer

Re: M2 ShotTriggers DDP Daioujou Rinne Tensei

Post by gbaplayer »

Is it available at amazon now? Can somebody post the link?
My PCB Collection (2): Cyvern, R-Type Leo
miwa

Post by miwa »

guildenstern

Post by guildenstern »

The Special edition (with a very peculiar coverart):

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0CDP26M64/
clippa

Post by clippa »

For anyone who saw the stream, did they mention an arrange mode at all?
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

clippa wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:24 pm For anyone who saw the stream, did they mention an arrange mode at all?
Interested in that myself - anything beyond Super Easy mode? Any mechanics revealed for Super Easy?

Also quite curious about who's doing the arranged soundtracks this time. Daisuke Matsumoto seems like an obvious answer to me, and we've yet to hear a WASi303 arrange on ShotTriggers. Some surprises and additional arrangements (like ShotTriggers Ketsui including several different arranges) would be neat.

The product description mentions the following (badly machine translated):
A complete reprint of the barrage shooting game "Dobushou Daiojo" released at the game center in 2002, and will be reincarnated in Reiwa.
In addition to the high degree of portability, we will deliver a large volume that includes new visuals and sounds, and the late arcade version "Black Label".

Various support functions that are common in the M2-Shot Triggers series are also installed in this work!
Aim to clear all of the arcade version with "Super Easy Mode" where you can enjoy casual difficulty,
"Arcade Challenge Mode" where you can repeatedly practice focusing on the designated area, and
"Arcade Restoration" where you can review where you made a mistake.
"M2 gadget" that displays various information outside the game screen also supports capture. In addition, we will deliver various convenient functions such as quick save
Last edited by hamfighterx on Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warp_Rattler

Post by Warp_Rattler »

hamfighterx wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:19 pm The product description mentions the following (badly machine translated):
A complete reprint of the barrage shooting game "Dobushou Daiojo" released at the game center in 2002, and will be reincarnated in Reiwa.
"Released at the Game Center in 2002 and Reincarnated in Reiwa" sounds like the perfect title for a shitty generic isekai anime.

Not that I usually spring for the special editions anyway, but I'm really feeling that regular edition artwork over the limited edition one. Creepy tentacle vibes of the LE art aside, I love that color contrast (blueish green foliage with the red of the ship) and just the way the overgrown ship points to the passage of time since the original release. Not like that's a particularly profound or insightful interpretation, but still. I like it.

It's nice to have confirmation of Black Label's inclusion, though given the amount of extra/arrange modes on all of these STG releases (and Cave ones specifically, regardless of developer/publisher) it would be super weird to not have it.

Now I've got a few months to decide if I want to try and put my eyes through the ordeal of playing through this on the Switch, or go for the less ideal (but certainly easier to see) PS4 version. I'm constantly surprised at how accessible the Toaplan Arcade Garage titles are on a Switch Lite screen, but I feel like I have a much harder time navigating Mushihimesama or Espgaluda II.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Warp_Rattler wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:14 pmNow I've got a few months to decide if I want to try and put my eyes through the ordeal of playing through this on the Switch, or go for the less ideal (but certainly easier to see) PS4 version. I'm constantly surprised at how accessible the Toaplan Arcade Garage titles are on a Switch Lite screen, but I feel like I have a much harder time navigating Mushihimesama or Espgaluda II.
Agreed - the Toaplan stuff works surprisingly well even on the smaller Lite screen (Aleste Collection was the same), and the console ports on the Toaplan games actually feel better to me to play on the smaller portable screen. But I struggle more with something like Mushi or Esp.ra.de. There's something to be said for playing these verts on a full sized Switch in portable TATE mode though, it's a novelty to some extent but it feels special. Though that means no M2 gadgets, which I do like (the bee map on DOJ is pretty great, IMO).

My very economically inefficient solution is to buy both for M2's Switch/PS4 releases, but when M2 only has a couple per year I'm fine with that. I usually go digital PS4, and physical Switch copy. I find I play on PS4 more, and that's my platform of choice for "serious" runs and would probably be my choice if I had to choose just one - but it's cool to also have the portable option. I got my order in for the Switch special edition cause I like all that extra bonus stuff for Cave games (especially the soundtrack, I'm hoping for a good arranged version).

Also agreed that I prefer the standard cover to the special edition, but the game case included in the special box does seem to be the same as the standard edition one. Amazon seems to have a free alternate cover as their retailer-specific bonus, not sure what that one looks like.
famitsu1

Post by famitsu1 »

Beep Shop not doing a Shot Triggers Ltd Ed pcb cardboard box for the Ltd Ed's this time around like they did for Esp Rade and previous other previous Shot Triggers home ports? I need my cardboard fix.
JDM_STG

Post by JDM_STG »

famitsu1 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:08 pm Beep Shop not doing a Shot Triggers Ltd Ed pcb cardboard box for the Ltd Ed's this time around like they did for Esp Rade and previous other previous Shot Triggers home ports? I need my cardboard fix.
I've already pre-ordered from BEEP in hoping they will announce this at a later date. Previously when they posted their Zero Wing purchase page; the first few months the status for the BEEP bonus contents was "Under Consideration" and it was only until it got closer to release date that they updated in announcing the Cardboard/PCB Box bonus. I can only hope they'll do the same for this game with the included reprint card (復刻 大POP) as it would be a pretty big letdown to those who have obtained the PCB Box editions (especially) since Battle Garegga Rev.2016 from them for sure.
Last edited by JDM_STG on Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
famitsu1

Post by famitsu1 »

Fingers firmly crossed, thanks for the info sir.
miwa

Post by miwa »

slateman wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:30 pm
This is my poor Japanese (helped by katakana), but here's what I see:

Amazon: Another jacket (dvd case art, presumably)
Beep has some replica instrument card
Trader has a B2 tapestry poster
Neowing a sticker
Something Book: B2 poster (fabric?)
Melon Books an acrylic key holder
Gamers has a 6PW portrait (?)
Wondergoo: 3 posters and 2 tapestries
Ebten a Famitsu (?) DX pack (no clue)
AmiAmi: Masking tape acrylic character plate (A5 size) - no clue what it says after that
Thank you! I ended up going the 'super easy' amazon.jp route and double dipped.

While going through the game's screenshots on amazon.jp I came across this:

The new character art reminds me of the new art they created for Esprade's 'Arcade Plus' mode but on the top left it simply states 'arcade', as it does here as shown during M2's stream:

Maybe I missed something?
kuze

Post by kuze »

Anyone got a link to the Trader listing?

Here is the deluxe Ebten one: https://ebten.jp/p/7015023120735
davyK

Post by davyK »

The big deal for me is BL is included. I have the old PS2 port but that doesn't have it.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Rastan78 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:47 pm https://twitter.com/Shmups_Hobby/status ... i7QVw&s=19

Too true lol
Painfully true!

The PS2 release of DDPDOJ came out right around the time I was getting pulled wholly into shmups, and while I put hundreds of hours into it, I didn't really know how to play/practice like I do now. I used to have a very serious, "one credit, never continue, never use practice mode, full restarts and full games ONLY" thing that I would hold myself to, and it was just stupid. Though I did get down my chains for 1-1 through 1-3, it was a long and silly road to get there. I was finally able to get to 1-5 consistently, and cracked the 100m mark, but I was way too burned out to go for the clear by the time I achieved that.

This release is all I care about this year. This is my TotK, Diablo IV and BG III all rolled into one. This is the BIG GAME. I can't wait to dig into real save state practice, break this fucker down, and finally nab that 1CC.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Acid_Rain

Post by Acid_Rain »

Will there be versions of the game available via play-asia?
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

I wonder the same as Acid_Rain but I'm guessing if there was any info on that it would've been included in the latest few posts containing places to pre-order from... Right? If not, help a dork out! I'm counting on others with stronger google-fu and better translation skills than me here! :D

I'm after the standard version of the PS4 version (the special edition on Switch looks awesome but I'm counting on the Switch version to have 1-2 extra frames of input latency) so for the time being I've bookmarked the amazon.jp-link in the absence of any play-asia info. :)
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

It's also up for preorder on CDJapan (bonus: sticker). Same price for them and Amazon right now.

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/HAC-P-A72GA
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/PLJM-17306

I'm really excited it got announced for Switch; definitely picking that up. Just imaginging how fun it's going to be in tate with a flip grip handheld. I'm curious what's up with those new portraits too; wonder if they've got another mode to announce or something.
cfx

Post by cfx »

brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Those new portraits are....something :lol: . I can't tell if Exy is stoned or just tired.
miwa

Post by miwa »

Preorder including the B2 tapestry bonus at trader.co.jp:

http://www.trader.co.jp/shop/shopbrand. ... 8%C2%C4%EA
digitron

Post by digitron »

cfx wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:09 am Amiami link for multiple variants:
https://www.amiami.com/eng/search/list/ ... dodonpachi
Curious what shipping is to the USA, never used this site before but it looks like they have the best price (6130 jpy).
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

All they give us at the moment (both with regular and limited edition) is "Shipping fee: To be determined". I guess it's hard to estimate the weight of the limited edition at this point, but the standard edition...? The included strategy guide is the size and weight of a regular booklet inside the case, right? Shouldn't it just be the same shipping as any other regular PS4 game?
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

Acid_Rain wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:26 pm Will there be versions of the game available via play-asia?
It's up on Play-Asia as well now!
digitron

Post by digitron »

Starfighter wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:04 pm
Acid_Rain wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:26 pm Will there be versions of the game available via play-asia?
Way cheaper, than Amazon JP, thanks!
miwa

Post by miwa »

digitron wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:30 pm
Interesting, I'm in Europe and the LE costs 85€ at palyasia and 55€ at amazon.jp (w/o the amazon exclusives).
Where do you live? I wonder if the location affects the pricing that much?
digitron

Post by digitron »

miwa wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:48 pm
digitron wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:30 pm
Interesting, I'm in Europe and the LE costs 85€ at palyasia and 55€ at amazon.jp (w/o the amazon exclusives).
Where do you live? I wonder if the location affects the pricing that much?
I'm located in the USA, total shipped from Play Asia was $55.89 USD. Granted you have to pay upfront when ordering from PlayAsia vs. Amazon JP ($68.57 USD), you don't pay until it ships.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Had to get that LE version. I'm in Canada now, and fuuuuuuck it was expensive ($126). Ah well. One of my favorite games of all time.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Starfighter

Post by Starfighter »

LE is $60 on AmiAmi (excluding shipping) which makes me wonder, what's the catch?
pablumatic

Post by pablumatic »

Starfighter wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:11 pm LE is $60 on AmiAmi (excluding shipping) which makes me wonder, what's the catch?
Shipping from AmiAmi these days is not cheap, and the cheapest options can take months to deliver. Though I will say this is a mostly universal problem when ordering from Japan now. Amazon.co.jp is usually faster and cheaper with shipping, but your shipping box will likely be banged up a bit.