Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 USB 3.0 Capture Unit

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
lettuce

Re: Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 USB 3.0 Capture Unit

Post by lettuce »

Bugger, i have even tried just connecting the Xbox 1 to straight to the HDMI Matrix and then straight to the TV, and the audio coming through the speakers on the TV is missing some audio channels also.

I have the Sony BRAVIA KDL42W653A which i believe does have PCM??

Regarding the EDID audio options of the HDMI Matrix, my amp always reports a 5.1 DD signal no matter what i change the audio channel to on the HDMI Matrix, 2, 5,1 or 7,1 the amp always reports a 5.1 signal, surely if i change the EDID audio option on the Matrix to 2 channel then the amp should change to just 2 channel stereo audio rather than repoting 5.1 DD??

Here the instruction manual for the matrix...

http://site.hdtvsupply.com/6x2.pdf
CkRtech

Post by CkRtech »

Fudoh wrote:So once you run audio through the TV you're basically back to the original problem where the XCAPTURE limits the source to stereo output.
I think lettuce was OK with that and just wanted to be able to game in 5.1 while recording in analog stereo.

Lettuce, the manual for your TV states you have analog output on your TV. ("Stereo minijack/headphones jack"). What do you get from that if you run 5.1 ->receiver->hdmi out to TV->analog output from TV? Seems like a possible solution.

If you can't get that to work or your Matrix situation to work, you could use something like this (U.S. website, btw) - http://www.parts-express.com/hdmi-audio ... o--180-995.
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

From that link: "Note: The RCA analog output will not work if the incoming audio is multi-channel audio (>2CH)."

The EDID setting on your matrix only tells the source device what audio setting the display supports. But afaik consoles just ignore it and use what you've selected in the console settings.

Edit: I guess this would do the job: Fiio D03K. You would just need a way to extract the audio from HDMI to SPDIF, which shouldn't be hard. Should work with a connection from your matrix.
Edit2: I was wrong. This is strictly a stereo to stereo converter.
Last edited by blizzz on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

think lettuce was OK with that and just wanted to be able to game in 5.1 while recording in analog stereo.
yes, but newer systems don't use Dolby Digital. They use DTS or just uncompressed multi-channel PCM and the TV won't allow those to pass (or even accept them).
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

I was close with my last post. There's a higher level model from Fiio that converts a digital surround signal to analogue stereo. The Fiio D07 for ~$50. The conversion from digital > analogue > digital is not the best solution, but a complete digital solution might require a av receiver that supports this.
CkRtech

Post by CkRtech »

Fudoh wrote:
think lettuce was OK with that and just wanted to be able to game in 5.1 while recording in analog stereo.
yes, but newer systems don't use Dolby Digital. They use DTS or just uncompressed multi-channel PCM and the TV won't allow those to pass (or even accept them).
According to the Xbox One support site, you can bitstream with Dolby Digital. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/ ... o-settings
HDMI audio options

Off
Stereo uncompressed
5.1 uncompressed
7.1 uncompressed
Bitstream out

Optical audio options

Off
Stereo uncompressed
Bitstream out

Bitstream format

DTS Digital Surround
Dolby Digital
I almost want to place a bet saying that running Xbox One ->HDMI to receiver (DD 5.1)->HDMI to TV->TV analog out will work... :mrgreen:
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Thanks for the input. I'll have to get a 3.5mm Jack to stereo phono cable then I guess. Is the XCAPTURE-1 actually capable of receiving video over the hdmi and audio via the 2 stereo phono sockets on the device at the same time?
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

CkRtech wrote:I almost want to place a bet saying that running Xbox One ->HDMI to receiver (DD 5.1)->HDMI to TV->TV analog out will work... :mrgreen:
That would require that either
a) the receiver gives the TV a stereo signal
or b) that the TV can handle surround sound correctly for the stereo output.

For a): In that case you could just skip the TV and connect it directly to the recording device.
For b): I wouldn't bet on that. My Sony Bravia KDL-40EX655 doesn't transmit the surround channels on the stereo output.
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

blizzz wrote:
CkRtech wrote:I almost want to place a bet saying that running Xbox One ->HDMI to receiver (DD 5.1)->HDMI to TV->TV analog out will work... :mrgreen:
That would require that either
a) the receiver gives the TV a stereo signal
or b) that the TV can handle surround sound correctly for the stereo output.

For a): In that case you could just skip the TV and connect it directly to the recording device.
For b): I wouldn't bet on that. My Sony Bravia KDL-40EX655 doesn't transmit the surround channels on the stereo output.
When I plugged the XB1 directly into the TV and I wasn't getting all the audio channes either I'm not sure if plugging in headphone changes this at all , I'll have to test it out.

Looks more and more like a simple cable won't be the fix for this and another device will be needed. Strange thing is I dont remember having this issue with my PS3 and an older 4x2 hdmi matrix device I used to have, the setup was the same to what I have now but I never lost any audio channels on my captures and the PS3 was set to 5.1, I'm sure of it.
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

lettuce wrote:It would appear that this device only accept stereo audio whilst capturing and not 5.1, have been trying to capture a few XBOX ONE games and have noticed that there are some sound effects missing and no voices in cut scenes. I would have thought this device would of be able to capture 5.1 audio? The only way im able to get the audio working correctly is if i set the XBOX ONE to stereo uncompressed, but then im losing out on 5.1 audio when playing the game.

Strange thing is i cant remember having this issue when i used to capture on the XBOX 360 console
Fudoh wrote:I did some DD5.1 recording many years ago, when I captured some laserdiscs originally encoded in AC3 RF.

Easiest way was to use a seperate audio interface. You need a 6 channel input (3x analogue stereo). Audio interfaces like this have been around for many years and I would be surprised if you couldn't find a cheap one. Then you need a pre-amp which decodes your digital input to 6 analogue channels. Sounds more complicated than it actually is. Back in the days the biggest problem was the data rate with the change of video dropping a frame now and then, but these days ? That's no longer a problem.

Encoding the audio afterwards is easy. Either DD or DTS.

Recording Multichannel PCM or Bitstream directly is a completely different topic though and MUCH more expensive.
lettuce wrote:Well the setup i have at the moment is

Consoles> 6x2 HDMI Matrix>A/V Amp> Display

The HDMI matix has an option on it where you can select between 2, 5.1 or 7.1 channels i though setting this to 2 channel audio would of sorted the issue but appears not to, infact with the matrix set to 2 channel my Sony A/V amp still reports 5.1 audio signal.

This is the matrix i have, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190959035724? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Obviosuly if i set the XBOX ONE to stereo then i get all the audio from the capture but this isnt really ideal when gaming as i want the full 5.1 experience
blizzz wrote:I was close with my last post. There's a higher level model from Fiio that converts a digital surround signal to analogue stereo. The Fiio D07 for ~$50. The conversion from digital > analogue > digital is not the best solution, but a complete digital solution might require a av receiver that supports this.
Ok so an update on this issue I was having with the Xbox One losing all the vocal audio dialog channels when capturing. I did indeed get a Fiio D07 device as Blizzz kindly suggested and it indeed works, I'm now getting all audio channels when capturing, the only ever so slight problem is there's a small audio delay, I guess this is to be expected due to it re-encoding the audio signal from 5.1 to 2 channel. You can't notice until I have the game I'm capturing on both my PC and LCD TV with the volume up on both and you can clearly hear the audio coming from AmaReC program on my PC is slightly lagging behind my LCD TV audio. If this is a issue when watching the captures back can it be fixed with programs like avisynth?

Now a strange issue I notice, just yesterday I was going to test this Fiio D07 device out on my Xbox 360 but noticed I was getting some interference on the audio, just back ground interference. Whatever I tried I could not eradicate the background noise. So I decide to just go back to the old method and use the HDMI audio instead and by-pass the Fiio D07 and the phono audio connection going to the X-Capture. Upon doing this I wasn't getting any audio from the 360 at all after a while I found out that I had to change the audio setting on my HDMI 6x2 Matrix box from the 5.1 to 2 channel audio then I got audio and the even stranger thing was I was getting all audio channels without needing the Fioo D07 device to re-encode the audio, no loss of vocal audio or anything.

So how come where the XBox One is concerned when I alter the audio setting on my HDMI Matrix from either, 2.1, 5.1 or 7.1 does it have no effect on anything I get no centre channel (lose all audio dialog) and need to use a device like the Fiio D07 to take the 5.1 audio are resample it to 2 channel, yet with the Xbox 360 I don't need the Fiio D07 device and just changing the audio setting on my HDMI matrix to 2 channel and sorts the issue out and seem to resample the audio from the HDMI Matrix.

This was the whole reason I got this HDMI Matrix in the first place as it seemed to allow you to change the audio channels, so I was under the impression that I could have my consoles set to 5.1 and then set the Martix to 2 channel and then I would get an audio source that the X-Capture device supported, but this does not seem to have been the case where the XBox One was concerned but does seem to be the case where the Xbox 360.

So whats different about these 2 systems that one works the way I wanted it to but the other does not?
Last edited by lettuce on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

And the video is in total sync between the TV and the PC monitor ? The whole XCapture/software already adds a delay. This seems like the more likely cause than the audio conversion.
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Fudoh wrote:And the video is in total sync between the TV and the PC monitor ? The whole XCapture/software already adds a delay. This seems like the more likely cause than the audio conversion.
I can hear a very, very slightly delay usually when using HDMI audio, but using the phono connections on the XCapture for audio rather than HDMI and running these phono connections to the Fiio D07 device I can notice a delay much more, sound like a echo effect now.

I have edited my post above in regards to my 360 console working fine without the need of the Fioo D07, which is really odd.
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Double Post
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Likely a codec issue.

The 360 transmits surround using Dolby Digital - doesn't matter if you use HDMI or SPDIF. When you change the EDID on your matrix to just support 2ch Stereo, then the 360 will automatically switch to stereo PCM instead.

The XBO on the other hand certainly uses multi channel LPCM through HDMI (in order to support 7.1). Was the Fiio connected to the consoles or to the SPDIF output on the Matrix ? The Fiio can only handle encoded 5.1. If the XBO sends MultiCh LPCM to the Matrix and your matrix demuxes the audio to feed a SPDIF port you'll lose a number of channels.
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Fudoh wrote:Likely a codec issue.

The 360 transmits surround using Dolby Digital - doesn't matter if you use HDMI or SPDIF. When you change the EDID on your matrix to just support 2ch Stereo, then the 360 will automatically switch to stereo PCM instead.

The XBO on the other hand certainly uses multi channel LPCM through HDMI (in order to support 7.1). Was the Fiio connected to the consoles or to the SPDIF output on the Matrix ? The Fiio can only handle encoded 5.1. If the XBO sends MultiCh LPCM to the Matrix and your matrix demuxes the audio to feed a SPDIF port you'll lose a number of channels.
The Fiio was connected to the XCapture via the phono socket and then SPDIF cable to the SPDIF socket on the Matrix. My XBox One is only set to DD 5.1 and I wasnt noticing any audio channel loss at all just the slight audio delay was the only issue where the XBox One was concerned. I was however getting interference background noise when using the Xbox 360 which isnt present on the XBox One, os had to go back to by-passing the Fiio and using HDMI audio, not sure what the cause of that it!?

One thing i have notice using the Fiio is switching between HDMI audio (5.1) and Bitstream (5.1) audio on the XBox One options produces different audio levels and seems to be uneven. I'll have to check again to see which audio mode was producing what effect (as i cant remember) but say i selected HDMI DD 5.1 audio settings for example the sound effects seemed to be of a lower level than say the background music, with the settings set to HDMI DD 5.1 audio the audio levels seemed more balanced and as they normally would if playing through my home theater system
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Ok i have uploaded a video demostration the issue on the XB1 console. If i select uncompressed 5.1 audio then there no interference but if BitStream Audio DD or DTS is selected this causes the interference.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtk1h3vFp1A

any ideas?
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

The audio delay that is produced by the FiiO D07 is noticeable on the capture files, so may make the device unsable unless there is some way to reduce the audio delay?, would using a coaxial cable over the toslink help at all?
Smashbro29

Post by Smashbro29 »

Can someone explain what these are?

I have a vague idea but I honestly don't know.
Sixfortyfive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

Auto Resolution Scaling is what you use if you want to automatically scale the input to whatever res the capture card is set to. For example, on a game that switches between 240p/480i, you'd want to set the capture card's res to 720x480 and turn that setting on. That will capture the 480 scenes at 480 and scale the 240 scenes to 480. In other situations, you should just set the card to match the source and turn that setting off.

I'm less sure about the others.
Smashbro29

Post by Smashbro29 »

Sixfortyfive wrote:Auto Resolution Scaling is what you use if you want to automatically scale the input to whatever res the capture card is set to. For example, on a game that switches between 240p/480i, you'd want to set the capture card's res to 720x480 and turn that setting on. That will capture the 480 scenes at 480 and scale the 240 scenes to 480. In other situations, you should just set the card to match the source and turn that setting off.

I'm less sure about the others.
Thanks buddy.
achmetha

Post by achmetha »

I see there are a lot of XCAPTURE-1 users here!

I just got mine and was hoping you guys could upload the 1.1.0.125 drivers for me.

The micomsoft website states they are included in their zip file, but they are actually the 1.1.0.123 drivers. I have a weird audio glitch in OBS (it stutters every 10-20 seconds), wanted to see if the latest driver would fix it. Thank you!!
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Can someone explain what the, Allocator settings alter in Amarec....

Is this to do with apply audio delay if ticked?
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

The audio interference i was experiencing with the FiiO D07 appears to have been related to the USB power cable i tried the 3 pin plug power cable and the interference has now gone. But the audio is still out of sync by approx 500m/s, is there an option within AmaRec to bring the audio forward 500m/s?. Im not 100% sure if its the FiiO D07 causing the audio delay or the fact that im using HDMI for video and analog (2 phono sockets) on the XCAPTURE-1 device....so is it possible is the xcapture causing the delay because of the analog audio and not the FiiO D07??
Icey

Post by Icey »

Hi, I have also recently gotten this device using the renesas chipset. But when I record losslessly on Amarectv (Lagarith) the preview slows up, and I think the playback also has a few slowdowns. When I record using VideoKeeper 2 this doesnt happen. But it doesnt give me an option to customize bitrate and etc so I cant use that.

I have a 5400rpm HDD as a secondary for storage, can my HDD affect the video and make it lag or is there something else going on here?

When I record PC gameplay normally with the same codec, the video file does not lag, so what is the problem..??

I decided to play around with other codecs in Amarectv, such as UT video and the AMV2/3 codecs, and for some reason they minimized the playback and preview lag, perhaps its because the lossless files are so big, that there is a lot of information to interpret. Anyone who can help me out with this? Apparently the codecs are much faster than lagarith, but vary in compression according to settings. What can I do to make sure the file and preview dont lag?

Would an alternative to Amarectv solve this issue? Such as capturing straight to compressed H264, basically something like VideoKeeper that can also keep the colorspace etc.
Sabin

Post by Sabin »

new xcapture1 drivers released a few days ago
http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xcapture-1_download.htm

we need translations seems quite a bit changed

●PS VITA TVのHDMI信号を入力時に画面が真っ黒になってしまい、HDCPの著作権保護を示す画像が表示されていなかった問題を改善しました。

●DierctShow対応アプリケーションで、カスタムプロパティが使用できない問題を改善しました。

●X68000の768x512ピクセル(標準解像度)に対応しました。
 <追加された対応解像度>
  768x512(31kHz,55Hz,ノンインターレース)
  512x512(31kHz,55Hz,ノンインターレース)
※512x512(31kHz,55Hz,ノンインターレース)の解像度は、768x512(31kHz,55Hz,ノンインターレース)として認識されます。
※SX-Windowsやビジュアルシェル、標準のコマンドラインの解像度に対応いたします。また、ゲームは前出の解像度を使用している物に限りキャプチャー可能です。独自の特殊な解像度(CRTCを前出の解像度以外に設定している場合)は、対応できなかったり、他の解像度と間違ってしまうため、表示位置がおかしくなったりキャプチャー(及びプレビュー)できない場合があります。また、X68000のインターレース映像にも対応しておりません。
(例:512x512で31kHz,60Hzなどの解像度は720x480や640x480と区別できないため、表示位置がおかしくなったり、画面の端が欠ける場合があります)
※VideoKeeper2によるプレビュー時のアスペクト(16:9や4:3)の表示切り替えには現在対応しておりません。

●映像を圧縮せず記録する非圧縮AVIモード(音声はPCM)を追加しました。
ストライピング(RAID0)などを使用すると、書き込み速度が向上するため、より安定して録画できます。できるだけSSDで、ストライピング(RAID0)をご利用ください。
SSDはシーケンシャルライトで実測500MB/s程度の製品をご利用ください。
ただし、これらの条件でも実用的な録画が可能な最大解像度は、720p(60p)以下です(720p(60p)でも安定して録画できない場合があります)。
※より安定した録画を行うために、録画専用のSSD(SATA3 : 6Gbps)のドライブをご用意ください。また、録画前に録画用ドライブのフォーマットをすることをお勧めします。
※非圧縮であるためビットレートの設定は録画に影響しません。
※「1画面」表示で録画することをお勧めします。2画面の同期録画には対応していません。
<参考> 検査に使用したSSD :TOSHIBA HDTS312XZSTA 2台RAID0

●VideoKeeper2の設定「特殊画面設定」のタブをクリックすることで、DirectShowの画面の調整「明るさ」などを調整できるようにしました。
※入力する信号(端子)によっては、操作はできても画面に変化がない機能があります。
 「ガンマ」、「ホワイトバランス」、「逆光補正」、「ゲイン」は操作しても画面に影響しません。
※1画面表示で使用している場合、表示していない方のデバイスの調整はできません。
※コンポジット・ビデオとSビデオでは「明るさ」と「コントラスト」の調整において下記の症状を確認しています。
 明るさ   :設定を「17」以下にすると映像がおかしくなる。
 コントラスト:設定を「6」以下にすると映像がおかしくなる。

●DirectShow解像度の一覧表示を、「固定式」から「検出式」に変更しました。
 通常、DirectShowの解像度一覧表示では、利用可能な解像度が表示されますが、本ドライバーでは入力された映像信号(解像度)を自動で検出した後、DirectShowの解像度一覧が表示(一覧下部に表示)され、表示されている一覧の中から利用が可能となります。
 例えばアマレコTVなどDirectShow対応のキャプチャーアプリの場合は、映像信号(録画したい解像度の映像)をキャプチャーデバイスに入力した後に、キャプチャーアプリを起動してください。
<参考>
「1024x600」、「640x400」、「640(512)x384」などはアプリ起動時、解像度一覧にございません。これら映像信号を選択しているチャンネルに入力後にキャプチャーアプリを起動することで解像度一覧に表示され、選択可能になります。
<注意点>
映像信号を入力することなく、DirectShow対応キャプチャーアプリを起動すると、「解像度が無い」というエラーメッセージが返される場合があります。すでに自作でアプリケーションなどを作成されている方や、組み込み業者様は新しいドライバーに合わせてアプリケーションの調整が必要になる場合があります。ドライバーは、十分に評価した後、導入してください。

●DirectShowの解像度一覧に「疑似RGBモード」を追加しました。
 アマレコTVなどDirectShow対応アプリで、特定の解像度で「疑似RGBモード」を使用できるようになりました(VideoKeeper2では本モードはご利用頂けません)
 疑似RGBはYUY2でキャプチャーした映像をソフトウェアでRGB方式にカラーモードを変換する物です。
 あくまでもYUY2での映像処理となるためRGB独自の鮮明なピクセルを得ることはできませんがRGBの画質感を出すために色合いが変化します。
注:DirectShowアプリをご利用の方で、オートフェーズをオンにしている場合は、fccの異なる解像度を選択した再(RGB←→YUY2の変更時)にオートフェーズをやり直してください。

●長時間の録画において音声がズレにくくなりました。

<新バージョンでの注意点>
ご利用のパソコンの性能にもよりますが、映像を6~7時間越える期間連続録画すると、Windows Media Playerで再生時にフレーム落ち(カクツキ、ガタツキ、フレーム飛びのような動作)が多くなります。特に1080p映像では目立ちます。

<CUDAに関して>
nVidia GTX750などでCUDA5.0以降を使用した場合、録画時のfpsが著しく低下することを確認しています。原因は現在調査中です。

help a brother out :)
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Something like.....

Support of X68000 for 768x512 pixels ( standard resolution ) .
< Added corresponding resolution >
768x512 (31kHz, 55Hz, non-interlaced )
512x512 (31kHz, 55Hz, non-interlaced )
※ resolution of 512x512 (31kHz, 55Hz, non-interlaced ) is , 768x512 (31kHz, 55Hz, non-interlaced ) is recognized as .
※ SX-Windows and visual shell , will respond to the resolution of standard command line . Also , the game is possible capture only those that are using the resolution of the preceding . Own special resolution ( if it is set to non- resolution of the output before the CRTC) , it may not be possible to support , because it would be wrong with the other resolution , if you can not capture erratically or the display position ( and preview ) There are . Also , it does not correspond to the interlaced video of X68000.
( Example : 512x512 at 31kHz, because it can not distinguish between resolution and 720x480 or 640x480 , such as 60Hz, erratically or the display position , there is a case where the end of the screen are missing )
※ VideoKeeper2 preview at the time of the aspect by ( 16 : 9 or 4 : 3) to display switching of we do not currently supported .

Uncompressed AVI mode to be recorded without compression video ( audio is PCM) was added .
If you use such as striping (RAID0), to improve the write speed , you can be more stable recording . In as much as possible SSD, please use the striping (RAID0).
SSD , please use the product of about measured 500MB / s in sequential write .
However, the maximum resolution that can be practical recording even under these conditions , ( there are times when it can not be recorded in a stable even 720p (60p)) 720p (60p) is below .
※ In order to perform a more stable recording , recording dedicated SSD: Please prepare the drive of (SATA3 6Gbps). In addition , it is recommended that you the format of the recording for the drive before recording .
※ setting of bit rate because it is a non- compression does not affect the recording .
※ We recommend the " one screen " be recorded in the display . It does not correspond to the synchronous recording of 2 screen .
SSD was used to <Reference > inspection : TOSHIBA HDTS312XZSTA 2 units RAID0

● By clicking on the tab of Settings "special screen settings" on VideoKeeper2, it is now possible to adjust , such as adjustment of DirectShow of screen " brightness" .
※ Depending on the input signal ( terminal ) , there is no change in the screen even if operations are permitted function .
" Gamma " , " white balance " , " backlight correction " , " gain " does not affect the screen to be operated .
※ If you are using a single screen display , you can not adjust the device of those who do not display .
※ In composite video and S- video and has confirmed the following symptoms in the adjustment of the "Contrast " and " Brightness " .
Brightness : the video is funny If set to " 17 " below the setting .
Contrast: the video is funny If set to " 6 " below the setting .

● The list of DirectShow resolutions has changed from a "fixed" to "detection type".
Typically, the DirectShow resolution list, but displays the available resolution, after the video signal (resolution) entered in the driver is detected automatically, the resolution list of DirectShow appears (list bottom view) , it becomes possible to use from the list that is displayed.
For example, in the case of Amareko TV such as DirectShow compatible capture app, after you enter the video signal (recorded want resolution of the video) to capture device, please start the capture app.
<Reference>
"1024x600", "640x400", such as "640 (512) x384" There is no time of application start-up, the resolution list. It appears in the resolution list in which to start the capture app after input to the channel has been selected these video signal, you will be selected.
<Notes>
Without having to enter the video signal, when you start the DirectShow compatible capture app, you may receive an error message that "there is no resolution" is returned. Already and those that have been created such as applications in self-made, built-trader might application of adjustment is required to match the new driver. After the driver, which was thoroughly evaluated, please introduced.

● I have added a "pseudo RGB mode" to the resolution list of DirectShow.
Amareko TV such as in DirectShow compatible app, you can now use the "pseudo RGB mode" (in VideoKeeper2 this mode is not available) at a specific resolution
Pseudo RGB is a thing to convert the color mode the captured video to RGB format in software in YUY2.
Last you will not be able to obtain the RGB own crisp pixels to become a video processing in YUY2 but will change shades in order to give the quality feel of RGB.
Note: With the person who uses the DirectShow application, if you have the auto phase on, please repeat the auto phase to re (at the time of change of RGB ← → YUY2) you have selected a different resolution fcc.

● Voice is now difficult to shift in a long time of recording.

<Notes in the new version>
Although use of depends on the performance of your computer, when you period continuous recording over a video 6-7 hours, dropped frames (each month, rattling, frame jump-like behavior) will be a lot at the time of playback in Windows Media Player. In particular I will stand out in 1080p video.

<Regard CUDA>
nVidia GTX750 if you use the later CUDA5.0, etc., we are sure that the fps when recording is significantly reduced. The cause is currently under investigation.

Still no mention of fixing the CPU bug
Pasky

Post by Pasky »

Does this device have RGB passthrough? Is the sync signal pass through as well? Thinking of upgrading from the PEXHDCap to this.

Is the X-sync also necessary? Does the XCapture not accept composite sync and needs it seperated?
goji

Post by goji »

Hey, got mine yesterday, after reading the excellent test of Sixtyfortyfive.

But after several hours, I'm lost.

My pc is :

- Asus Vivobook,
- Windows 8 64 bits,
- Core I5,
- 4go ram
- One usb 3.0 port.

I installed latest drivers and videokeeper2 for the xcapture 1. Preview is ok and perfect, but when I record, it simply lags, horribly lags. The same for recorded videos.

I tried AmaracTV, lag is less but is still here. With virtual dub, it lags a lot too.

I don't know what's happening.
I love it when a bullets pattern comes together.
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

What codec are you using? You should try x264vfw to get better performance.
Sixfortyfive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

Your hard drive probably isn't fast enough to keep up, especially if you're recording uncompressed HD footage. Try x264 as blizz suggests.