Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Skykid

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by Skykid »

Another one: Screaming kids in public places.

One day I'm going to be one of those parents, and if my kid doesn't stop screaming the place down, boy, they're gonna get it. :|
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Skykid wrote:
KindGrind wrote:
Evilmaxwar wrote:Ebay sellers that will not sell or talk/answer message to anyone outside USA. :evil:
I second that. Also related to online shopping and the US, I find it retarded that amazon.com won't ship to me because .ca exists. If it were only a matter of getting shafted on price for the same item, I wouldn't mind much, but 80% of the items offered on .com aren't offered on the Canadian counterpart.
I'd just like to add to that the laughably insane shipping prices US ebay sellers place on the lightest of goods coming to the UK. I know postage has gone up, but I get plenty from the US by forum and it's often less than a third of what they charge on there.
Anything with tracking has a pretty high price of entry, for international. Anything without tracking is too risky for general Ebay usage.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

I just got glasses a week ago. These headaches are annoying as hell and I almost would rather go back to not being able to read things that are more than a few feet away.

Also, state testing. Two 70-minute tests (one each day) and my students act like they all just ran back-to-back marathons and they should be excused from any work for the rest of the week. Even more annoying are my sophomores (the reading test in 10th grade determines if they graduate) after the test with their whining: "We finished the test! Why are we still working??" /facepalm Back in MY day... :lol:
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

When they call for thunderstorms/rain, so I take the subway to work in stead of riding my bike, and it doesn't rain at all. :?

Drives me nuts!!
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

People that "touch wood" really annoy me. Everyone knows you have to actually knock on the wood to do any good.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Plan to close your eyes just for a little while, when you wake up you have been sleeping for 4 hours.
Worst thing is I am even more tired now then I was pre sleeping and not to mention I got that "dry" tongue feeling in my mouth.

I hate when this happens

Another spinoff is eat something outside, come home fall asleep wake up with the "dry tongue feeling in the mouth" except with a massive after taste of what you just ate that seems to be impossible to loose even with brushing tongue,teeth etc
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Skykid wrote:Another one: Screaming kids in public places.

One day I'm going to be one of those parents, and if my kid doesn't stop screaming the place down, boy, they're gonna get it. :|
I'll see that and raise with Parents who take forever leaving a café/restaurant when the signs of their child being in distress (due to being tired/hungry/whatever) has gone on for the last 10 or so minutes. I know that if one of my kids start to show any signs of wanting to leave, I take care of things before I start annoy EVERYONE ELSE. I mean, come on, how fucking hard is it to get dressed and leave?

Also, whenever I'm somewhere and a kid in diapers crawl/stumble by, and the smell of excrement can actually be seen as the air kinda trembles, but their parent(s) who sits closer than I do appear to not notice as they do jack shit about it.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

emphatic wrote:

I'll see that and raise with Parents who take forever leaving a café/restaurant when the signs of their child being in distress (due to being tired/hungry/whatever) has gone on for the last 10 or so minutes. I know that if one of my kids start to show any signs of wanting to leave, I take care of things before I start annoy EVERYONE ELSE. I mean, come on, how fucking hard is it to get dressed and leave?
Yes, this completely (pretty much why I thought of it.)
I don't get it, they sit there and say stuff to strangers in the vicinity like "just ignore him, that's the best thing to do." :|
I'm sitting nearby thinking how the fuck are we supposed to ignore the kid when he's running about screaming his nut off? Take him outside and give him a chance to blow off some steam, he's obviously bored.

But then there are those parents whose kids are acting up the second they sit down, but it's like they're afraid to exert any discipline in public, like someone's going to call the cops. I can't speak on behalf of a parent (as I'm not one) but there's got to be a line drawn somewhere, right?

brentsg

Post by brentsg »

emphatic wrote:I'll see that and raise with Parents who take forever leaving a café/restaurant when the signs of their child being in distress (due to being tired/hungry/whatever) has gone on for the last 10 or so minutes. I know that if one of my kids start to show any signs of wanting to leave, I take care of things before I start annoy EVERYONE ELSE. I mean, come on, how fucking hard is it to get dressed and leave?
The answer here, is of course related to the amount of beer that remains in dad's mug.

Having to leave a restaurant before I finish my beer is yet another annoyance.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

brentsg wrote:The answer here, is of course related to the amount of beer that remains in dad's mug.
Learn 2 drink faster. :lol: Cheers!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Seriously, why can't you smoke a cigarette in public, but you can have kids in public?
One day I'm going to be one of those parents
Any particular reason why?
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

CMoon wrote: Any particular reason why?
It's on the cards... just not yet.

CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Skykid wrote:
Bail out before it's too late. :mrgreen:
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

CMoon wrote:
Skykid wrote:
Bail out before it's too late. :mrgreen:
Lol, funny how all blokes have the same advice.

Well I'm 29 so gotta think about it. I don't want to be a really old dad anyway.

BIL

Post by BIL »

Bystanders who leap up from behind cover during intense firefights and shout "NAWWW!" or "DON'T SHOOT MEH" in gun games. Dumbasses!
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

Newer american hardcore bands/black metal bands that use death's head everywhere on their albums, even though they are probabaly from some middle class family.
lol
Siren2011
Banned User

Post by Siren2011 »

I was getting my debit card reactivated (I just moved) and the lady behind the desk asked, "Would you like me to help you use the ATM"? Needless to say, I was incredibly insulted. Apparently I am a mentally handicapped person who is incapable of remembering his pin number and swiping a card. Bitch.

And similarly with videogames, I HATE it whenever there is a tutorial level teaching you the basic moves ("A" is jump, etc). Enough already! Gamers are not that dumb!
"Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die. Trapped in a moe~ existence"
idchappy

Post by idchappy »

Skykid wrote:
It might happen sooner than you think :shock:
Give me a like on Facebook if you can :-) :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arcadedr ... 450?ref=hl

Bring back Skykid \O/
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

mesh control wrote:Newer american hardcore bands/black metal bands that use death's head everywhere on their albums, even though they are probabaly from some middle class family.

Hey who doesnt like the Totenkopf?
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

idchappy wrote:
Skykid wrote:
It might happen sooner than you think :shock:
What don't I know here?! :shock:

Zeron

Post by Zeron »

In arguments people throwing around the word ad hominem without even knowing what the hell it means seems they think it makes them look more intelligent.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Zeron wrote:In arguments people throwing around the word ad hominem without even knowing what the hell it means seems they think it makes them look more intelligent.
Yeah, it's way too close for comfort. :lol:
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Skykid wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
Skykid wrote:I can't stand illiteracy in the commercial domain! :x
Heh. I drove past a sign yesterday that advertised "Scooling" services. I shit you not.

LOL that's a prize winner! You should have taken a photo.
I caught this one a few months ago:
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

A rough road indeed... for the American education system =P.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Skykid wrote:99% of commentary accompanying youtube video game footage (Rob would be the 1% exception.)
While we're on the subject, how about people who think they need to replace the sound on every single Youtube video with some Rage Against the Machine song.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Vexorg wrote: While we're on the subject, how about people who think they need to replace the sound on every single Youtube video with some Rage Against the Machine song.
Let's not even go there.

As for your photo: genius. :D

brentsg

Post by brentsg »

I discovered a new one tonight. Who the hell jacked up the Cave Wiki page? Seriously, why would someone delete all their Black Label releases from the list of games?
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Apparently when your a divorcee it doesn't matter that your ex is dead. They have to see divorce papers (certified and stamped) before you can get re-married. :shock: . She was even re-married at the time of her death FFS.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for one being thorough and shit like that. But this I don't see a call for. This happened months ago, got the papers now but Jesus H, common sense does not prevail in the world of registrars. I even called the Head office in Milton Keynes who backed up the registrar's words. Absolutely ridiculous.

edit - The reason why I didn't have the papers is because I got divorced in America and live in the UK. I got them now from old family (of the ex) but I didn't want to ask if you know what I mean. It seems I have to jump through hoops even after she died.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

People that say "I could care less."

It's "I couldn't care less." It's supposed to be a put down, and suggest that there's nothing you care about less than the subject/person being dissed.

That, and "acrost"/"acrossed." There's no "t," or past tense with the word "across." So what the hell?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

neorichieb1971 wrote:Apparently when your a divorcee it doesn't matter that your ex is dead. They have to see divorce papers (certified and stamped) before you can get re-married. :shock: . She was even re-married at the time of her death FFS.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for one being thorough and shit like that. But this I don't see a call for. This happened months ago, got the papers now but Jesus H, common sense does not prevail in the world of registrars. I even called the Head office in Milton Keynes who backed up the registrar's words. Absolutely ridiculous.

edit - The reason why I didn't have the papers is because I got divorced in America and live in the UK. I got them now from old family (of the ex) but I didn't want to ask if you know what I mean. It seems I have to jump through hoops even after she died.
That sounds really tough, man. But is this really a "little thing that annoy you"?