LTTP: Ys - where to start?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
KBZ

Re: LTTP: Ys - where to start?

Post by KBZ »

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

This is the definitive version imo. The config options are so rich.

Resolution, refresh rate, vsync, aspect ratio (4:3 or 30:17), 3 filters, 3 different BGM (pc88, complete, and chronicles+), fps display, and disable cutscenes.

All that's missing is the Turbo Duo BGM, but I was able to change that with a quick copy and paste.
=/
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

Just a heads up for fellow fans of this series: Ys V can now be played in English: http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=ys5

I have lost track of the number of years I have been waiting for this.
gct

Post by gct »

Oh Hell yes! Thank you so much for this, I had no idea that work was being done on this.

Will be nice to fire up on my Everdrive, or I could possibly even do an EPROM burn if it's a LoROM type.

On a side note, Memories of Celceta was just released. I ordered an anniversary edition from Amazon USA, just to minimize the likelihood of getting any EN/FR bilingual BS on my game and packaging. It should be ready for pickup across the border next week for me!
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Been playing Ys Celceta, really enjoying it. Plays similarly to Ys Seven, with the party system and different attack types. Seems to encourage a lot more use of Flash Guard and evade, and the music is great as always.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Played a bit of that one the other day; bit of a shame that the in-game graphics aren't that big a step up from 7 (though I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, since it was developed on the same engine), but the 2D scenes and artwork look nice on the Vita, and it still plays pretty well, especially if you give allies the "evade" command so they concentrate on keeping out of trouble and conserving their HP for when you need them. The fixed camera can still allow enemies to sneak up on you at times, though.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Anybody else not seeing textures in Ys Origin on PC? Everything seemed to run fine up until the first polygonal boss. It's all white on my computer, everything maxed, graphics card being GF7800 GS+; tried various drivers but no luck.
The engine looks the same as Oath in Felghana to me, DX8 and all, that run flawlessly on Radeon 8500. Needless to say, I don't feel like reinstalling the old card just to play one game.
P.S. Solved - changed language for programs not supporting Unicode to Japanese in WinXP and now I can see all textures.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off