The Shin Megami Everything Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Rebel Ninja

Re: Catherine & The Persona series

Post by Rebel Ninja »

Below in the link is the first screenshots of the fighting game. Characters from Persona 3 will also be in the game.

source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... 4_fighter/
Last edited by Rebel Ninja on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

I really didn't like Persona 4. I'm just annoyed I persevered with it for as ling as I did. I did like chillaxing in the velvet room, though. I was hoping the fighting game would focus more on the personas than the characters. That would have been neat.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Hmm...dare we hope for a fighting system akin to the "Stands" from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I cannot express how awesome this is, even if it's just filler before Persona 5 drops.

Whatever, I'll still buy it.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Jon

Post by Jon »

BulletMagnet wrote:Hmm...dare we hope for a fighting system akin to the "Stands" from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?
That would be perfect imo. I can't wait for this. :D
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

BulletMagnet wrote:Hmm...dare we hope for a fighting system akin to the "Stands" from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?
You read my freaking mind there.
mouser

Post by mouser »

Would luv some Persona 1/2 secret characters...Guido Kandori....I wish...
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

So far Aigis, Yukiko, P4 protagonist, Yousuke, Chie and Kanji have been confirmed. If it wasn't for Aigis I wouldn't have believed there were any Persona 3 characters.

Is it safe to say Rise and Naoto are also characters? If so, that only leaves 2.. maybe the P3 protag and Elizabeth.

I don't like how there's only 10 characters.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
mouser

Post by mouser »

Always felt pretty meh about Aigis myself, but everyone else seems to love her, so that does seem to point to Aigis being the only non-P4 character. I would defnitely settle for Tohru Adachi to take one of the last two slots though, he was my favorite character in the game.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

I don't think Rise will be a playable character in this, since she was just a support character in P4. Same with Fuuka. I don't think Naoto will be playable either, because then they'd have two character who primarily use guns, so they might want to avoid redundancy like that. So with that being said, for the final 4 characters, I'd like to see Akihiko, Mitsuru, Yukari, and I guess the P3 MC, though I don't know what weapon he'd use. Maybe a spear.

edit: oh god, I just noticed Teddie looks like M.Bison from Street Fighter ...or should I say, M.Bearson
ChainsawGuitarSP

Post by ChainsawGuitarSP »

Oh would you look at that. An RPG series gets some real gameplay added to it. Not as hype as Aquapazza, but still worth looking into.
Innovations in Recreational Electronic Media
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Elizabeth as an optional boss would be amazing.

Hitoshura would mean IMPORTING DAY ONE.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

planning to main Yukiko but may fool around a bit with robo-ky ...urr..i mean aigis.
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

Weak Boson wrote:I really didn't like Persona 4. I'm just annoyed I persevered with it for as ling as I did. I did like chillaxing in the velvet room, though. I was hoping the fighting game would focus more on the personas than the characters. That would have been neat.

ever heard of arcana heart 3?
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

Casper<3 wrote:
Weak Boson wrote:I really didn't like Persona 4. I'm just annoyed I persevered with it for as ling as I did. I did like chillaxing in the velvet room, though. I was hoping the fighting game would focus more on the personas than the characters. That would have been neat.

ever heard of arcana heart 3?
I meant the personas being the actual characters you control. An Arcana Heart style system would also be pretty neat, though. For some reason a load of wicked cool demons duking it out seems more appealing than a bunch of teenagers knifing each other.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Here's a trailer for the fighting game.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

A bit of location test footage of Chie vs. the main guy.
Rebel Ninja

Post by Rebel Ninja »

Slighty old news but the EU release date for Catherine is the 10/02/12.
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

So did anyone else buy the PSP port of Persona 2: Innocent Sin?
ryu

Post by ryu »

Estebang wrote:So did anyone else buy the PSP port of Persona 2: Innocent Sin?
they gave him sunglasses and a coat. what censorship!

no. main reason though is that i don't think they've done anything to polish the gameplay. i beat the original on emulator and it was pretty much 40 to 50 hours of grinding. nothing i'd need to replay right now.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

I may be late to the party, but I am playing through Catherine since the start of the week, and I am damn loving the game.

I am not into anime at all. When I read about the game, I thought it was just a anime story-filled game with typical japanese weirdness, with some "random puzzle" shit in the middle to justify calling this a game.

And how wrong I was.

I find the puzzle sections to be really awesome stuff. I am a big fan of games like Eggerland Mystery (called Adventures of Lolo in West) and Castle Excellent (Called Castlequest in West), and this reminds me a little bit of those games, excpet Catherine forces you to think quickly, while in those games you could keep staring at the puzzles as long as you wanted to find the solution. I am really enjoying the game so far.

And the story, even with some japan weirdness thrown at it, it's a lot better than I would ever think. It's a little too moralistic for my liking, but I'll wait 'til I finish the game to have a proper opinion. But I am really enjoying the game, big neat surprise for me.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Japanese arcade release for the fighting game is sometime in early March.
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

Somehow thought they were going for a simultaneous arcade/console release, but I guess this will allow them to iron out major bugs and balance issues beforehand.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz

Amazingly well-made Persona 5 soundtrack. If it didn't say fan-made in the description I would have easily been convinced that this was the real soundtrack to the game.

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Elixir wrote:http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz

Amazingly well-made Persona 5 soundtrack. If it didn't say fan-made in the description I would have easily been convinced that this was the real soundtrack to the game.
I agree, the music sounds definitely like something Meguro would have done. My favorite here has to be the boss fight theme (Fight or Flight).
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

Persona 4 Ultimate confirmed for a US release on August 7. It's been renamed to Persona 4 Arena, undoubtedly to dispel assumptions that it's another remake or upgrade of P4 the RPG. However, the official abbreviation for the anime is also P4A, so it's still confusing.

Teaser site
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Persona 4 Arena's a silly title, but whatever. Thanks for saving me the import tax, Atlus!
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Rebel Ninja

Post by Rebel Ninja »

Persona 4:The Golden is going to be released on the 14th of July 2012 in Japan.

source:http://andriasang.com/con01r/p4_golden_date/
gs68

Post by gs68 »

+1 for P4G.

P4Ar/P4U...bleh. I like watching fighting games, but I really don't give two shits about playing them, at least on a level beyond "mash buttons and pray I do damage". I'm perhaps the only P4 fan amongst my real-life friends who doesn't care about this game.

(So this is what being someone who doesn't care about playing shmups feels like.)
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

I just played the Catherine demo. I'm hooked.