Crimzon Clover

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Demetori

Re: Crimzon Clover Trial Version Released

Post by Demetori »

Uhhh, has anyone gotten anywhere with Unlimited Mode yet? I don't have access to high-speed internet to check YouTube, so I haven't been able to check out any progress on that.
Google Translate tells me that Unlimited Mode "is for people who like festivals."
ShmupSamurai

Post by ShmupSamurai »

nope
Use Shumpman's advice!

"USE A BOMB!"
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

ShmupSamurai wrote:nope
That's all you have to say? Quit it with your pithy posts.
Demetori, if you actually wanted an answer, Unlimited Mode has only 1 stage. A few people in the Hi-Score thread have cleared it.
xris

Post by xris »

I do have to wonder if they had just marathoned the game to get the points to unlock it however. It keeps track of my overall time played, but the points reset. I'm not really too interested in getting any thing unlocked, the game is perfectly dope as is. Just curious if this was how it was accomplished however. Any rumors about the newer demo getting released to the public? I still have yet to beat the third boss, so I'm in no hurry, yet..
ShmupSamurai

Post by ShmupSamurai »

Does anyone have a bad habit of trying to save their BREAK for a boss or a "panic spot" and then get nailed before they can use it or is just me? :?
Use Shumpman's advice!

"USE A BOMB!"
Demetori

Post by Demetori »

ShmupSamurai wrote:Does anyone have a bad habit of trying to save their BREAK for a boss or a "panic spot" and then get nailed before they can use it or is just me? :?
No that happens to me as well. But I'm learning to not waste it for those parts. And more to make sure I have BREAK ready for mid-boss and the start of the boss. Seems to help me a lot.

And yeah It was a serious question.. And was under the impression it went to Stage 2 and not 3 yet.
Google Translate tells me that Unlimited Mode "is for people who like festivals."
Observer

Post by Observer »

For those of you going gaga about this game just as much as me, Yotsubane has been accepted for Comiket 79.

He doesn't explicitly make clear that the full will be there but some sort of gibberish about polishing can be made out of the terrible auto-translate.

Someone with more japanese proficiency help plz.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
Square King

Post by Square King »

Observer wrote:For those of you going gaga about this game just as much as me, Yotsubane has been accepted for Comiket 79.
I am 155% sparkly pink certified poofter Lady Gaga about this game and this is awesome news, potentially.
He doesn't explicitly make clear that the full will be there but some sort of gibberish about polishing can be made out of the terrible auto-translate.

Someone with more japanese proficiency help plz.
+ yes halp plz.
rancor

Post by rancor »

He's very vague. He was selected to go to C79, which is on Dec 31st. He will be in space 19b. The game is completed, and right now he's concentrating on squashing bugs and still doesn't know if he'll have a finished product ready in time. He thanks everyone for the bug reports, but is unable to reply to individual problems. That is all.
Observer

Post by Observer »

rancor wrote:He's very vague. He was selected to go to C79, which is on Dec 31st. He will be in space 19b. The game is completed, and right now he's concentrating on squashing bugs and still doesn't know if he'll have a finished product ready in time. He thanks everyone for the bug reports, but is unable to reply to individual problems. That is all.
So it is completed. I'll dig an old spanish expression:

¡Albricias!

Ok, the forums will DOUBLE BREAK post-release. :P

Thanks for the info! Don't worry about being vague. Technically, ZUN is just as bad if not worse. Some of these guys love to communicate that way...
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
Square King

Post by Square King »

Cool beans. It'll likely be nigh-impossible to get a disc even after release (if it's released on disc, anyway), but this is what I've wanted to hear...despite the ambiguity. Thanks rancor. 8)
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

If Yotsubane has an ouce of business sense then he would sell it on digital download the same day as comiket. (to cash in on all those pirating the game) Hopefully the astronomical sales of Reccetear will of opened many Doujin circles eyes that theres allot of money to be made by selling a quality translated doujin to PC owners outside Japan via digital download. (and if he isnt somebody ought to tell him him)
Demetori

Post by Demetori »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:If Yotsubane has an ouce of business sense then he would sell it on digital download the same day as comiket. (to cash in on all those pirating the game) Hopefully the astronomical sales of Reccetear will of opened many Doujin circles eyes that theres allot of money to be made by selling a quality translated doujin to PC owners outside Japan via digital download. (and if he isnt somebody ought to tell him him)
Dude, I agree with completely!
Do you know what Steam's policy is to games that aren't in English? Or just doujin in general, if anyone has bothered with the query and got an answer from them?

But anyway, if Yotsubane made the game free to download with locked features, normal mode and a stage or two. So, when you first start the game up it's got one of those electronic purchase things, with an English option for the payment method. Not sure how easy this is to do, but I'm sure it would work, apart from international pay and play download sites.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

I literally screamed like a little girl upon seeing this.

DOUBLE BREAK ON!
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

You can see Double Break in action here, in a video of the C78 demo. Try running the link through here if you don't have a Nicovideo account. I just love how you can feel the impact of the ship's shot when you're in either Break Mode.

Edit: Watching the video more closely--this game is going to give out lives faster than a Touhou game.
Tyjet

Post by Tyjet »

Wow. That double break is really really intense :shock: . Watching that video intensifies my urge to play it
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
Observer

Post by Observer »

Aisha, thanks for linking that video.

Now, for the obvious reaction because it's been a while (since I saw the wtfbbq-tastic trailer of manly-mechs Strania :P ):

HOLY...

Double Break mode is Break Mode on steroids. Double the pain. I appreciate the little robo voice saying "Extend", heh.

Anyway, too awesome. Glad he put the final bit of the third boss battle but with Double Break I feel you can just have the bosses for breakfast, maybe they could be tweaked a bit to sustain an extra amount of damage. Bosses also seem to drop either 1up or a full Break bar. Decisions. Guess that's there to help people who won't be able to score consistently (thus earning the precious extends through score) so they can get more items to purchase continues and credit feed to the very end. Pretty clever.

I also noticed the max multipliers per enemy go way over 5.0 (previously, I think I saw them stuck at 3.2?)

I can only hope the guy is putting enough numbers for the score or else people will end up counterstopping it. The guy got far more score on the FIRST STAGE than what you can get on the three stages together on ver. 0.20. Jeez!
Demetori

Post by Demetori »

LMAO... Double Break, random titles flying across the screen and robots saying EXTEND.
I'm getting my hands on a copy of this, hopefully won't be paying out the ass for it.

Also it might just be me but, I think all of this double break and what not is meant to be put to full use in Unlimited Mode.
So Normal mode really is just, Normal.

EDIT: That video, what the hell. His Break Rate was like 6500 at the end of the first boss. And he got like 5 extends.
I also don't like how there are big !'s to signal that you will die if you're in those areas. It was pretty fucking DEAD obvious when I first did that boss that being at the bottom of the screen was a smart place to go.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

toohoo extends lol

This just went from being one of the most brutal shmups ever to a trivial extend-fest. I hope you can change the extend rate in the final version...
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

Awesome how can we get a hold of it?
rancor

Post by rancor »

Nick420 wrote:Awesome how can we get a hold of it?
When it's released, believe me - You'll be hearing from me... All of you will.. haha.. :wink:
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

rancor wrote:
Nick420 wrote:Awesome how can we get a hold of it?
When it's released, believe me - You'll be hearing from me... All of you will.. haha.. :wink:
Cant W8 :-)

Is there no 0.40 trial version available for dl??
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I'm really looking forward to the final version. Is this going to have 5 stages or more?

When I play this, it kind of makes me sad that it didn't have a budget, so it could have nice graphics. Gameplay and music are really awesome. It puts most commercial shmups out today to shame.
Slump

Post by Slump »

evil_ash_xero wrote:I'm really looking forward to the final version. Is this going to have 5 stages or more?

When I play this, it kind of makes me sad that it didn't have a budget, so it could have nice graphics. Gameplay and music are really awesome. It puts most commercial shmups out today to shame.
I actually like the graphics myself and consider them to be rather nice. They have a fair amount of detail and charm to them IMO. The animations, while sparse, are enjoyable and while the backgrounds aren't really anything to cheer about they are consistent with the rest of the game's design. Still haven't spent as much time with the demo as I'd like (stuck with just the Linux box for a bit and it doesn't play nice with wine apparently) however I look forward to it's release and hope I can get a hold of it when it does in fact release. :)
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

:? over the extend amount, but I can live with that aslong as dying gives a decent sized hit to score. Does anyone know what death penalties there are? I would expect it to reset any chains but is there anything else?

The only other thing i hope the maker changes is the music. They were just abit meh to me. Especially compared to the tunes he used for the initial nico vid he released before any playable demos. The music in that vid sounded great and was beat matched in places, when I played the demo it was a big let down for him not to of used the same music

BTW can anyone link me a site that details what games are comming up for c79. Ideally one of those sites that displays what day and stall number. As they are usually give the most complete info

I noticed [TUGC] with is going to c79 aswell, considering their game Black Arts was only missing the last stage it should be the final version. Black arts is a exceed / touhou like character shmup that uses ikaruga's polaity system but with 3 colours instead of 2
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:BTW can anyone link me a site that details what games are comming up for c79. Ideally one of those sites that displays what day and stall number. As they are usually give the most complete info

I noticed [TUGC] with is going to c79 aswell, considering their game Black Arts was only missing the last stage it should be the final version. Black arts is a exceed / touhou like character shmup that uses ikaruga's polaity system but with 3 colours instead of 2
http://stg.liarsoft.org/c/?p=C79List

That is an incomplete list of shmups being released. A better place to check would be the Comiket 79 Catalogue CD, but I don't think it's out yet.
rancor

Post by rancor »

Aisha wrote:\A better place to check would be the Comiket 79 Catalogue CD, but I don't think it's out yet.
Comes out today. I'm going out to Akihabara in about 3 hours to grab one. Assuming I can get it, I'll post everything tonight.
cul

Post by cul »

rancor wrote:
Aisha wrote:\A better place to check would be the Comiket 79 Catalogue CD, but I don't think it's out yet.
Comes out today. I'm going out to Akihabara in about 3 hours to grab one. Assuming I can get it, I'll post everything tonight.
Can't wait.
rancor

Post by rancor »

CD-ROM was pushed back to next weekend.. :?
Boolderdash

Post by Boolderdash »

I'm hoping stages 4 onwards are significantly harder if it's possible to get so many extends in the first three stages. double break mode seems to be game-breaking too. I thought regular break mode was broken enough.
I'm still looking forwards to this, though.