Raiden Fighters Compilation heading to the Xbox 360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Segafan4life
Banned User

Post by Segafan4life »

kid aphex wrote:so how exactly do US gamers snag the JP demo?
anyone want to lay out the process?
Go to hotmail

Create a Email account put your region as japan and use the Airport as your address.

Using any japanese postal code is fine.

Then go to the xbox make a new xbox live account and then link your email account you just created using japanese region and it will automatically link you to Japanese Account.

Download Away!
No One Will Hire Me Because I Work At Wal Mart
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

I am so downloading this tonight after work!

:D
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

thanks!
Erinu

Post by Erinu »

RuffNEC wrote:what did you expected ? the whole game?

I think it's good to give a look at the options and the gamelook
Yes, I expected the full game on a demo.

People are amazing.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

that satiated my shooter hunger for a bit.
i wonder if its coming out in the US ever...............
RuffNEC

Post by RuffNEC »

here is a little Video from the DEMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvdDYfxevXs
Segafan4life
Banned User

Post by Segafan4life »

This demo definately includes the most options I have ever used on the Shmup.

I guess this is worth the 10 year wait after Electronic Arts cancelled the Saturn Version in 98 and NWS New World System Cancelled the PC and Xbox versions in 2002.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

did you guys actually pay for a gold japanese account to play the demo? I checked on the demo and saw it up but I have a silver japanese account. I didn't want to pay 10 bucks for the demo.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Segafan4life
Banned User

Post by Segafan4life »

Strider77 wrote:did you guys actually pay for a gold japanese account to play the demo? I checked on the demo and saw it up but I have a silver japanese account. I didn't want to pay 10 bucks for the demo.
Make a new account

You get 1 month of gold free.

Alot of people use this as a method to get free xbox live
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Any impact yet on the price of the PCBs? Honestly, part of my reasoning in favor of buying a Jap 360 was that I'd rather have this collection than the PCBs. I love PCBs, but they are a pain. They take up too much space, it's a lot of work to switch to a different game, they're fragile, expensive... Even if the PCBs will last longer than the 360, they won't last longer than the disc. And I'm more worried about the wear on my RGB monitor than anything. Much more of a pain to replace it than my HDTV.
Segafan4life
Banned User

Post by Segafan4life »

professor ganson wrote:Any impact yet on the price of the PCBs? Honestly, part of my reasoning in favor of buying a Jap 360 was that I'd rather have this collection than the PCBs. I love PCBs, but they are a pain. They take up too much space, it's a lot of work to switch to a different game, they're fragile, expensive... Even if the PCBs will last longer than the 360, they won't last longer than the disc. And I'm more worried about the wear on my RGB monitor than anything. Much more of a pain to replace it than my HDTV.
I honestly am in favor of having both.

Ports are for when im lying in bed or at a friends house.

Pcbs are for hardcore in the gameroom type fun.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

If you've got the space and the cash, having both is nice. In some cases it seems pointless, though. ESPGaluda, Xevious, Shikigami 2 & 3 come to mind.
zakk

Post by zakk »

I was going to post some captures of the demo, including different video modes, but then I realized my 360 goes through another scaler before it hits the capture box.

However, from what I can tell, they got this right. Awesome port.
undamned

Post by undamned »

So, if the demo runs on your US system is that any indication as to if the final release will also run on your US system (just wondering if I should pre-order this from Play-Asia)?
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
zakk

Post by zakk »

undamned wrote:So, if the demo runs on your US system is that any indication as to if the final release will also run on your US system (just wondering if I should pre-order this from Play-Asia)?
-ud
No.
Erinu

Post by Erinu »

Strider77 wrote:did you guys actually pay for a gold japanese account to play the demo? I checked on the demo and saw it up but I have a silver japanese account. I didn't want to pay 10 bucks for the demo.
I bought a Japanese account because they're actually cheaper and you save 10-15 bucks. Due to the 360 not being as popular there, it makes sense.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

zakk wrote:I was going to post some captures of the demo, including different video modes, but then I realized my 360 goes through another scaler before it hits the capture box.

However, from what I can tell, they got this right. Awesome port.
No scaling involved if you're running in 1280x720.

What the HDTV overscans to over component or HDMI (usually 1152x648 for 720p mode, ewww) is another story.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
daf911

Post by daf911 »

Segafan4life wrote:
Make a new account

You get 1 month of gold free.

Alot of people use this as a method to get free xbox live

Thnx for the info !
just dl'ed the demo and i have been spending more time with the options
then the actual game so far :roll:

GREAT port !
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Wonderful set of options. I really hope the guys doing the Cave ports have a look at this one and are going the same way...
msm

Post by msm »

looks like you can play the first 2 levels on rf and rf2 by going to training and changing the stage order.

the demo is nice, it's a shame the chances of being able to play it on anything other than a japanese 360 are not high.
RuffNEC

Post by RuffNEC »

msm wrote: it's a shame the chances of being able to play it on anything other than a japanese 360 are not high.
I still got hope otherwise there will be surely a publisher over here that releases it.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Isn't much of a stretch to see UFO Interactive getting it here, at least.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

professor ganson wrote:Any impact yet on the price of the PCBs? Honestly, part of my reasoning in favor of buying a Jap 360 was that I'd rather have this collection than the PCBs. I love PCBs, but they are a pain. They take up too much space, it's a lot of work to switch to a different game, they're fragile, expensive... Even if the PCBs will last longer than the 360, they won't last longer than the disc. And I'm more worried about the wear on my RGB monitor than anything. Much more of a pain to replace it than my HDTV.
The space issue is too true. Taito F3 carts are about the size of a Sega Genesis or original PlayStation console. SPI motherboard carts are somewhat smaller, but the update time when you switch games is LONG.

I saw that 54Hz option in the RFA menu. Very nice. :)
Kinect? KIN NOT.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i am officially psyched. come on HK region free release!!! love the raiden fighters series, but my control options on an Emu suck.
I have no sig whatsoever.
Segafan4life
Banned User

Post by Segafan4life »

If anyone needs a 5 dollar off play-asia coupon pm me. It will help save a little on a pre order. I keep playing the demo over and over again.
jp

Post by jp »

I really hope this is region free. I really don't want to have to wait to get my JP Xbox360 to play it. :cry:
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
seiatsu

Post by seiatsu »

msm wrote:looks like you can play the first 2 levels on rf and rf2 by going to training and changing the stage order.

the demo is nice, it's a shame the chances of being able to play it on anything other than a japanese 360 are not high.
seems you can (possibly) actually see all levels if you set it to random. i've seen 3 level from rf2 for both standard and boss rush...although 1-2 come up far more frequently

overall..game is nice but seems far to easy at normal difficulty
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

all of your preorders and cave pcb's and u cant spend 10 bucks on a demo? rofl
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

well I own those afterwards. I don't want to go threw all the trouble just to play a demo for game I own or have played ect.... lazyness also.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
cody

Post by cody »

What display devices / settings are you guys playing this on that it doesn't look like flickering, juddering crap?