STGT 2k7- Week #1 Twin Bee Yahhoo!

Sword

Post by Sword »

Sword - IWST - 1.532.470 - Stage 4 (MAME)
Infintium

Post by Infintium »

Infintium - The Underdogs - 1,790,120 - Stage 5 (MAME)

C'mon Dogs, help me out, I'm dying here! :)
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

BrianC - Oldschoolers - 1,014,960 - Stage 4 - PSX
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Argh, two days trying to top my score and I failed miserably. Worst thing it, I nearly make the same amount of point, but was unable to reach stage 5 again.

Still, there's time, and I've not reached manic depression yet.

P.S. Teammates, pm me Michael's location in stage 1 if you know. I know where to find him on stage 2. :)
X - P - B
Keade

Post by Keade »

Team France - Keade - 2 435 750 - level 5 (MAME w/extends)
I hate ranklings systems in shmups...
elbarto

Post by elbarto »

elbarto - namakoteam - 2,822,690 - stage 5 (SS)
"I LIKE SHOTS BULLITS AT BAD MAN"
javel

Post by javel »

Javel - Team Sweden - 1,605,800 - Stage 4 (MAME)

Edit: typo...
Last edited by javel on Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shocky

Post by Shocky »

Shocky - Oldschoolers - 1,182,270 - Stage 4 (MAME)

Finally broke the 1M, it just took its own sweet time to make any sense out of this colorful puke of a game. God I hate this... especially the off-screen bells and the whole concept... there's something seriously wrong with gaming I tell you. There's beauty and purity in dodging enemy fire and blowing everything up. But what the HELL is this? Psyvariar is even worse, the most repulsive example.. you just buzz and bathe in enemy fire?! NONSENSE!

"Destroy land enemy, fruits will appears. Get fruits to SCORE UP! When your hands is injured, repair in ambulance!"
Last edited by Shocky on Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Before Pope John Paul died he decreed that Aliens were also GOD's creatures and we should treat them with respect.

Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

Pirate1019 - Team Loser - 1,431,880 - Stage 4 - MAME

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this game. Maybe.

I'm still trying to figure out what the Hospital/MedKit things do though. Anybody care to enlighten me?
"You are the Hero of Tomorrow!"
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

just 'cause you're team loser :wink:

triggers when you lose both arms. Repairs both arms.

(don't remember if it's once per life)
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

G19 - Underdogs - 1,677,930 - Stage 5 - Mame (Xbox)

Scoring is highly erratic.

Top score is up to Stage 5 boss, the second 1.2 million score is from Stage 2 boss. Wtf.
a.k.a - G19
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

DJ Incompetent wrote:just 'cause you're team loser :wink:
I'm trying to decide how I should take this. I'll come up with a witty retort later.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Pirate1019 wrote:
I'm trying to decide how I should take this.
Sobbing in the corner, belittled with an epiphany of low self-esteem.

naw, I'm just playin'. I should probably be...like...playing this game....instead of helping people... :(

Need a beer run.
Yo Acid King, what nectar of the gods would you recommend to complement a run of this game?
Keade

Post by Keade »

I'm not giving orders to anyone, but, for the top scorers playing with MAME, it could be interesting to record your games, because there seems to be no decent run of this game on the Internet...

score update :
Keade - Team France - 2,908,030 - Stage 5 (boss) - Mame w/extends
nZero

Post by nZero »

I can recommend against sleeping pills chased with a shot of tequila.

Today's best out of 3:

nZero - Drink and Fly - 1,660,720 - Stage 4 - MAME

Barely any closer to that 2m stopping point...
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

DJ Incompetent wrote:
Pirate1019 wrote:
I'm trying to decide how I should take this.
Sobbing in the corner, belittled with an epiphany of low self-esteem.
That's how I act when I'm playing "Internet" seriously. I wouldn't go past 'bruised ego' for anything said here.

I'm gonna go play Spider Solitaire with only one suit so I can feel better about myself.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Okay, I lied. I must be pretty bored. I played more games of TBY today than... ever before in my life total. Here's the result of the 5th run:

nZero - Drink and Fly - 1,770,920 - Stage 4 - MAME
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

themachinist - Team Lurker - 1,080,390 - Stage 4 - Mame
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Shocky wrote:"Destroy land enemy, fruits will appears. Get fruits to SCORE UP! When your hands is injured, repair in ambulance!"
What you talkin' mate? :? You can forget the fruits. all you need is bells (not the yellow ones). :wink:

I'm sorry to see the Oldschoolers so deeply divided by this game ;_;
X - P - B
Shocky

Post by Shocky »

Shocky - Oldschoolers - 1,315,010 - Stage 4 (MAME)
Turrican wrote:
Shocky wrote:"Destroy land enemy, fruits will appears. Get fruits to SCORE UP! When your hands is injured, repair in ambulance!"
What you talkin' mate? :? You can forget the fruits. all you need is bells (not the yellow ones). :wink:
Yeah, that was just some engrish from the original TwinBee instructions. I know the basics of scoring, now it's just down to luck with the bells.
I'm sorry to see the Oldschoolers so deeply divided by this game ;_;
What, somebody actually likes this? Ok, at least this isn't boring and the system is inventive... but still. This game ain't right.
Before Pope John Paul died he decreed that Aliens were also GOD's creatures and we should treat them with respect.

professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

DJ Incompetent wrote:Need a beer run.
Yo Acid King, what nectar of the gods would you recommend to complement a run of this game?
Does anyone do more than DJ to make this place festive and create a party atmosphere? I think not.
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

professor ganson wrote:
DJ Incompetent wrote:Need a beer run.
Does anyone do more than DJ to make this place festive and create a party atmosphere? I think not.
I nominate DJI for "Most Optimistic" and "Most likely to get caught while flying under the influence" awards.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

You know, this all started with Ramus shmeets nearly 2 years ago. At that time, the weekly chalenges were a nice-going place, with people friendly sharing advices between each other. I've learned a lot about those games because of all the strategy we were changin between each other

now
Shatterhand wrote: The best strategy so far seems to use the first bells to power up your ship. A couple of speed-ups, a couple of white bells for power ups, and a green for the option. Then keep the chain with yellow bells, as they grow in value while you keep getting them.
Not ONE SINGLE PERSON corrected me. I knew this isn't the best strategy, and I thought someone was at least going to make fun of it. But everyone was just laughing silently "HAHAHA, how stupid he is, he will never make a good score"

Fiercy competition huh? You guys should be ASHAMED. Like my buddy says, FRIENDS come before everything, even just a silly competition.

I hate you guys, I don't wanna be friends anymore. Unless you tell me how to make 5 million runs. :D
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Shatterhand wrote:Unless you tell me how to make 5 million runs. :D
Don't die.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Icarus wrote:
Shatterhand wrote:Unless you tell me how to make 5 million runs. :D
Don't die.
+ juggle bells until you get the right color oh fuck there it went damnit now I'm juggling 6 bells at once why does that green one have to be right next to a shitty yellow oh fuck something is about to ram me I have to shoot crap now the bell is yellow again.

Yeah, that.
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

G19 - Underdogs - 1,836,280 - Stage 5 - Mame (Xbox)

Small improvement with Extends on but I doubt I'll do much better, maybe 2 million if I get a decent run.

a.k.a - G19
professor ganson

zakk wrote:
+ juggle bells until you get the right color oh fuck there it went damnit now I'm juggling 6 bells at once why does that green one have to be right next to a shitty yellow oh fuck something is about to ram me I have to shoot crap now the bell is yellow again.

Yeah, that.
Takes me an hour or two to get a run where I'm not completely screwing up with those bells. Hard to get into a rhythm with this game; it just feels kinda like luck when the bells go just my way.
professor ganson

professor ganson - team turbo - 1,428,200 - stage 3 - SS
Edge

Post by Edge »

Didn't had the time to play today, will hopefully get to it the next days. Anyway, Mr. DJI, please show us your score so far. I won't hold back scores during the whole compo, so let's battle this out fair and square. :)

Keade wrote:I'm not giving orders to anyone, but, for the top scorers playing with MAME, it could be interesting to record your games, because there seems to be no decent run of this game on the Internet...
I am agreeing with you there. I actually wanted to suggest something like that. :)

I think it is a good idea if many players record their runs during the STGT. You must not reveal those after the current playing week ended. I am definitely going to upload replays for my runs, even if they won't be that special. This is not only good to share strategy and experiences and offcourse it also provides credibility.

Also with enough replays a superplay-mix video would be possible for each year's STGT. We could show the nickname and Teambanner during the video footage. Like they do in fighting game combo movies. :wink:
Maybe DJI would be up to create such a movie after the tournament? These runs don't have to be your final top score, it can also be another "good" run.

What do you guys think of that?
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I'm always recording mine, you guys should know that by now.
I'm not using MAME's input recording feature, however, as I prefer direct-feed to record (to avoid waiting for the bootup sequence to run).