The PS Vita Thread - Remote Play for all PS4 Games

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
soprano1

Re: The PS Vita Thread - Remote Play for all PS4 Games

Post by soprano1 »

Bitter Almonds wrote:The last generation's handhelds - the PSP and NDS - were way better than this shit.
Amen to that.
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Shelcoof wrote:Good thing we still have some good third party support for the vita.
Several upcoming titles I just recently pre ordered.

Can't say the same for my 3ds. Which is actually very surpising.
At least 3DS still has Capcom, Atlus, and XSEED and better eshop support than DSi. SEGA can be a mixed bag, but they did release that awesome 3D classics collection. Namco is somewhat disappointing. Some decent stuff early on, but almost nothing later, except for a full priced re-release of Ace Combat with very little added.

I also feel a good chunk of Nintendo's first/second party output is better on 3DS. New SMB2 is better than the first game and Super Mario 3D Land is better than both of them combined. Zelda A Link Between Worlds and the two N64 remakes are much better than the DS Zeldas. Kirby Triple Dexlue is one of the better post-Sakurai mainline Kirby games and I heard good things about Kirby Planet Robobot, as well (though to be fair, Mass Attack and Canvas Curse on the DS are both extremely good, as well).
Bitter Almonds

Post by Bitter Almonds »

The 3ds region locking killed it for me.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

BrianC wrote: At least 3DS still has Capcom, Atlus, and XSEED and better eshop support than DSi. SEGA can be a mixed bag, but they did release that awesome 3D classics collection. Namco is somewhat disappointing. Some decent stuff early on, but almost nothing later, except for a full priced re-release of Ace Combat with very little added.

I also feel a good chunk of Nintendo's first/second party output is better on 3DS. New SMB2 is better than the first game and Super Mario 3D Land is better than both of them combined. Zelda A Link Between Worlds and the two N64 remakes are much better than the DS Zeldas. Kirby Triple Dexlue is one of the better post-Sakurai mainline Kirby games and I heard good things about Kirby Planet Robobot, as well (though to be fair, Mass Attack and Canvas Curse on the DS are both extremely good, as well).

Agreed the 3DS release of SMB2 was much better than the DS version. I was really let down when New Super Mario Bros was more like the original Super Mario Bros and not more like Super Mario Brothers 3.

And Yhaa Super Mario 3D Land is Fantastic 3D take on a Super Mario Bros game. I actually still love Super Mario Land 6 Golden Coins to death. Probably my top 3 favorite Mario games.

I collect Zelda games and the only Zelda games I don't own are the DS versions. They are by far the weakest out of all the Zelda games and in all honestly I'm just not a fan of either of them.

I haven't played the 3DS kirby games yet... last Kirby game I've played was the most recent Wii version and I enjoyed it quit a bit.

I'd say that Sega 3DS collection released over here in North America was pretty crappy. Only game worth picking up the collection for was Fantasy Zone II W. Power Drift wasn't too bad it was entertaining for a bit. But everything else was already released a million times.

Bitter Almonds wrote:The 3ds region locking killed it for me.

Yhaa that was a major hurt for me... I've been wanting to play One Piece : Super Grand Battle! X forever on the 3DS :(
I really really loved Jump! Ultimate Stars on the DS. That game was hell a broken but with agreed rules it was crazy fun. The netcode for that is by far the best netcode I've ever experienced in a fighting game. I'd have friends from New Zealand, Mexico and the US all playing online with no lag what so ever.

I just want to re-live the good old days with One Piece : Super Grand Battle! X
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

We might be getting 999:
https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/statu ... 0130909185
Zero Time Dilemma so close.

Odin Sphere has some performance issues on the Vita. Not enough to hurt playability, but definitely noticeable when some special effects are used or you have two or three mid bosses on screen at the same time. Still overall a fantastic experience on the Vita.

Steamworld Heist not working on PSTV is apparently not a mistake. Sony's handling of PSTV is just terrible, when a game doesn't use touchscreen PSTV compatibility should be required. It's not like they need to do anything but add it to a list. Or maybe that's actually a lot of work because PSN is down 90% of the time so they can't do any modifications to it...

Oh, we're getting Caligula localized.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Shovel Knight getting physical:
http://www.fangamer.com/products/shovel ... or-ps-vita
Probably very limited run, I would recommend preordering if you don't want to pay twice as much for it on eBay. Game version is going to be 2.0, meaning it will include Plague Knight campaign but none of the upcoming content.

If you prefer physical games you should also subscribe to Limited Run Games' newsletter.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Really appreciate the update.

Pre-ordering this one for sure

I remember paying nearly double for a physical of Retro City Rampage DX for the vita

Edit: Damn... was reading up on international orders and I don't see anything like USPS being used only for their domestic orders :(
Edit 2: Ordered just one even though I know a physical of this is going to sky rocket soon after release but at least I have a copy for me I'm happy :D
Bitter Almonds

Post by Bitter Almonds »

I paid 3.99 USD for a digital copy of Retro City Rampage for the PS4 and the Vita 8)

It's starting to grow on me. Been playin' it off-and-on these past few weeks.
boagman

Post by boagman »

ZellSF wrote:Shovel Knight getting physical:
http://www.fangamer.com/products/shovel ... or-ps-vita
Probably very limited run, I would recommend preordering if you don't want to pay twice as much for it on eBay. Game version is going to be 2.0, meaning it will include Plague Knight campaign but none of the upcoming content.

If you prefer physical games you should also subscribe to Limited Run Games' newsletter.
Hmm. While I'm glad for just about any physical release, this is just *not* what I bought my Vita for. It really looks like the best game straight out of 1990 or so.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

boagman wrote: Hmm. While I'm glad for just about any physical release, this is just *not* what I bought my Vita for. It really looks like the best game straight out of 1990 or so.
Heathen! I've never even played the game (always meant to) and just placed my preorder. This is exactly the kind of game I bought my Vita for - good ones!
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Skykid wrote:
boagman wrote: Hmm. While I'm glad for just about any physical release, this is just *not* what I bought my Vita for. It really looks like the best game straight out of 1990 or so.
Heathen! I've never even played the game (always meant to) and just placed my preorder. This is exactly the kind of game I bought my Vita for - good ones!
I played the first few stages on the 3DS and it was pretty good... the 3DS to me is probably the superior version just because it has the option of playing it in 3D which is option I really like.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Skykid wrote:
I can live with that. I'm *not saying* that the game isn't good...it does look pretty good, in terms of game play. However...I just can't look at that hardware and fully embrace the idea that it's being used to run 8-bit-type games instead of current generation possibilities. I mean, even DBCS isn't exactly taxing the system at all, and I stinking love that! Why can't there be some serious hardware-pushing stuff with a system that can be pushed way, way, way, way, *WAY* farther than this?

I'm glad you want it, and I understand why it appeals to you. I just want more out of my Vita than this, I guess.
Bitter Almonds

Post by Bitter Almonds »

I'm just glad there's still support for this handheld, as sorny pretty much abandoned it.

God damn, just when I thought my PSN problems were over, I'm now getting an error prompt again about my credit card being "unavailable at this time" and to "try again in a day." Sorny has some truly shitty service :evil:
Bitter Almonds

Post by Bitter Almonds »

It looks as if I'll be going the route of PSN cards because their so-called "network" won't process my credit card or PayPal payment. Un-freakin'-believable. This shit is what beat the XBOne and Nintendo?!
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Are you using only one account native to your region? Sony will refuse any money added from a different address than the one associated with your account. using the same card for different region accounts might get your account and/or cc flagged for cc fraud.

using prepaid cards is a better solution anyway, none of the three console manufacturers have a good track record of running online networks, wouldn't trust any of them with payment handling.
Bitter Almonds

Post by Bitter Almonds »

I'm in the U.S. using North American PSN and PS+ accounts. I've been using my credit card and PayPal account to buy games from PSN, but now I'm getting this message again. It's tedious, annoying, and wrong since my credit cards and PayPal accounts work everywhere else.

Fuck sorny.
Bitter Almonds

Post by Bitter Almonds »

boagman wrote:
Skykid wrote:
I can live with that. I'm *not saying* that the game isn't good...it does look pretty good, in terms of game play. However...I just can't look at that hardware and fully embrace the idea that it's being used to run 8-bit-type games instead of current generation possibilities. I mean, even DBCS isn't exactly taxing the system at all, and I stinking love that! Why can't there be some serious hardware-pushing stuff with a system that can be pushed way, way, way, way, *WAY* farther than this?

I'm glad you want it, and I understand why it appeals to you. I just want more out of my Vita than this, I guess.
It is kinda weird that for such a powerful handheld, I'm playing 4, 8, and 16-bit Shoot-'Em-Ups from their "Classics" collection and a buncha offbeat, casual, indie games such as Futuridium and Race The Sun. 99% of the games I have on the PS Vita, I could play on the PSP. However, as this is my first foray into buying games digitally, this is a much better alternative to a PSP Go, Minis, and maybe even the PSP (once I take into account the games I have that are not available on it) 8)
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Adventures of Mana is released in Europe... before it's even announced for a localized release. I have no idea what sort of business thinking goes into these stealth releases.
szycag

Post by szycag »

I might browse through all 58 pages sometime, but I just got a PS Vita yesterday. The game that honestly made me decide I had to have one kind of makes me laugh. It was seeing Downwell in Tate mode. That sealed the deal. Spelunky makes me squint a bit, and it's awesome to finally have a portable version, but Downwell I could play for hours in this presentation and probably will.

Could we get some more vert Vita games? Any indie devs reading this? I can't speak for the original model but holding the Vita on the right side, a stick and four buttons, it's comfortable and the weight of it is OK. Wish I could play some Judgement Silversword like that.

As soon as I get paid I'm after Lumines, maybe Virtua Tennis, the Ys game, PUYO PUYO TETRIS...!!! what else?
That is Galactic Dancing
Bitter Almonds

Post by Bitter Almonds »

DariusBurst CS was the game that sold me on getting a PS Vita. I bought it used with an 8GB memory card for 100 bucks 8) I've been downloading all kinds of junk on it from the North American PS Store. I need to make a JP PSN account to download all the games that never make it here. I have a second 64GB memory card just in case.
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

szycag wrote:As soon as I get paid I'm after Lumines, maybe Virtua Tennis, the Ys game, PUYO PUYO TETRIS...!!! what else?
Hotline Miami, Guacamelee, Shovel Knight, Severed, Gravity Rush, Persona 4, Steins Gate, Killzone Mercenary, Rogue Legacy, TxK, Dragons Crown, Freedom Wars, Super Meat Boy, etc..

There are some japanese exclusives and great games coming.. Spelunky-Z is free in the jp ps store
XCom is also a superb strategy game, even thought in vita has some slowdowns

You also can check metacritic ratings: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/ ... /metascore
Working in the japanese language achievement
boagman

Post by boagman »

jandrogo wrote:
szycag wrote:As soon as I get paid I'm after Lumines, maybe Virtua Tennis, the Ys game, PUYO PUYO TETRIS...!!! what else?
Hotline Miami, Guacamelee, Shovel Knight, Severed, Gravity Rush, Persona 4, Steins Gate, Killzone Mercenary, Rogue Legacy, TxK, Dragons Crown, Freedom Wars, Super Meat Boy, etc..

There are some japanese exclusives and great games coming.. Spelunky-Z is free in the jp ps store
XCom is also a superb strategy game, even thought in vita has some slowdowns

You also can check metacritic ratings: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/ ... /metascore
I thought Rayman Legends was a nice graphical tour of the thing. Picking that up cheap isn't the worst idea in the world. But by far, Dragons Crown and (for certain) Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours have been the keys for me.

Without DBCS, I'd pretty much call the thing a failure for me.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

The rumored 999 port will supposedly have voice acting, though I can't find any official confirmation.
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/749385262359195648
Entire Zero Escape trilogy with voice acting on Vita would be really nice.

And if there's one Vita game you should buy before anything else it's Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

Saying Vita X-Com has some slowdown is a severe understatement of it's performance problems btw. Not an unplayable port, but except terrible framerate all the time and even audio skips.
szycag

Post by szycag »

Taking advantage of Gamestop's Buy 2 Get 1 this weekend, I got Ys 4 remake, Muramasa Rebirth, and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Earlier this week I picked up Dragon's Crown and I got Hot Shots Golf when I bought it. Also Puyo Puyo Tetris came in the mail yesterday. Too many games to play, not to mention the stuff I picked up for other systems. Darius Burst still on the list to pick up.
That is Galactic Dancing
Bitter Almonds

Post by Bitter Almonds »

I wish I could hook this thing up to a TV and play games the way I do with the PSP-3000... and I don't mean their shitty "PSTV." I just wanna directly hook it up using component cables or HDMI. Also, does anyone know how to store those little memory cards? The idiots at sorny don't include a case with these.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

PSTV can be had for as low as $20 and has a cartridge slot and lets you play with your DS3 or DS4 controller. The thing is great :)
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

FinalBaton wrote:PSTV can be had for as low as $20 and has a cartridge slot and lets you play with your DS3 or DS4 controller. The thing is great :)
Where can it be had for $20?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Not quite that low, but Gamestop has used ones for 30. That's how I got mine. Memory cards are still a sham, though.
Bitter Almonds

Post by Bitter Almonds »

But even if you buy more than one memory card, the dumbasses at sorny didn't include a case with them! PSTV sucks... For 7 bucks, I can hook up my PSP to a TV and play ALL games on it, which the PSTV doesn't do.
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

I remember Sony clearing out their inventory and selling them at $20 last year.

Quick google search and I found refurbished ones on newegg.com for $30 with an included 60 day garantee

Well maybe they don't sell it new at $20 anymore, my mistake
-FM Synth & Black Metal-