What [not shmup] game are you playing now?

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
KennyMan666

Re: What [not shmup] game are you playing now?

Post by KennyMan666 »

LocoRoco 2!

Have clocked over 27 hours. Absolutely love. Best PSP game, hands down. The first LocoRoco was amazing, and 2 improves upon it in pretty much every possible way.

And, of course, the LocoRoco games have the best soundtrack of all time. Of all time.
My 1CCs so I can find the list easier myself
<Despatche> you've been a thorn in the shmups community since the beginning, you're largely responsible for the horrible face of modern speedrunning
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

JJXB wrote:i'm a cs1 360 player myself. the 1.03 system data pack apparently brings the balance to cs2 standard.
yes it does, the changes made me drop tager
DragonInstall wrote: BB is basically a dumbed down version of GG.

Daisuke did say he plans to make another GG game... hopefully it stays true to the style of GG instead of the trash BB brought.
i agree that it's a dumbed down GG, but it's still a hard and solid game to learn, not as hard as GG but oh well
overall i don't hate BB, i'll probably keep playing it (there are many local tournaments coming so i'm practicing hard) with the new GG when it comes out
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Drone Tactics (DS). I was disappointed by the lack of challenge in hard mode, but the extra stages in the Badlands are where the real challenge lies. Awesome game.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Icarus wrote:Oboro Muramasa (Wii).
I'm in love.
Picked that one up some time ago. Great game, but I never got around to finishing it, and now I'd have to start over since my old Wii broke and had to be replaced with a new one so I lost all my save data.

As for what I'm playing now, I picked up Terraria (2D game similar to Minecraft, but seemingly more action-oriented) off of Steam recently, and I've been playing that a bit. Seems a lot harder to get into than Minecraft, at least at first.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

I'm playing Duke Nukem Forever single player campaign. Gameplay is meh, but I do find it a bit humorous.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Playing through Resonance of Fate (End of Eternity) right now. Dear sweet Jesus, this game has got to have the most ridiculously unforgiving battle system I have EVER seen in an RPG. If you aren't spending every moment of every battle constantly worrying about managing your hero meter properly, you can fuck yourself over before the enemy even attacks you.
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

GGXXAC

My first bomber loop.
:|
It's really sloppy.
lol
lmagus

Post by lmagus »

Fifa 11 :)
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Shadows of the Damned. Having a very good time with it, despite its numerous flaws.
JJXB

Post by JJXB »

Van_Artic wrote:
JJXB wrote:i'm a cs1 360 player myself. the 1.03 system data pack apparently brings the balance to cs2 standard.
yes it does, the changes made me drop tager
what changes were they? me and a friend play as tager without major issues. but I main litchi faye ling and occasionally hazama.
It's about "realizing their actuality." And judging by the look on Jane's face, she's realized it a couple of times already.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Just finished Mass Effect 2 and all the DLC (except arrival), clocking in at a nice 55 hours. Unfortunately I screwed up on my paragon score and had two crew members (Jack and Zaeed) die. I started a new game+ but have other titles (Dragon Age Origins, Yakuza 4) that I want to play before I bother. And of course, if Dark Souls comes out before I finish those, it may be a while before I get around to beating through this again.

All in all a great game. Again, I feel what the current gen does well is cinematic and immersive story-telling. In this sense, ME2 is well at the top of its class.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
R-Gray 1

Post by R-Gray 1 »

I finished Contra Hard corps (sega genesis) without tricks.,,,and without save states ....waaaaa feels very good!!

i guess now i can continue with some shmups or maybe some Mega man xD
drauch

Post by drauch »

^That is quite the accomplishment!

Started playing LocoRoco on PSP to feed the inner 5 year old in me. Also thinking about starting the first Phoenix Wright game tonight.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

R-Gray 1 wrote:I finished Contra Hard corps (sega genesis) without tricks.,,,and without save states ....waaaaa feels very good!!
I STILL don't get it why CHC is considered so painfully hard :\ I'm still able to 1CC at least one course (answers 2-1-1), Contra III is way harder due to overcomplicated controls IMO
In an alternate universal, Soldier Blade II has already been crafted by Hudson Soft and Compile with proper tate this time around (c) PC Engine Fan X!
Sega tried and failed. Nintendo didn't even try. (c) Specineff
R-Gray 1

Post by R-Gray 1 »

EinhanderZwei wrote:
R-Gray 1 wrote:I finished Contra Hard corps (sega genesis) without tricks.,,,and without save states ....waaaaa feels very good!!
I STILL don't get it why CHC is considered so painfully hard :\ I'm still able to 1CC at least one course (answers 2-1-1), Contra III is way harder due to overcomplicated controls IMO
In fact, i think Contra hard corps is well made to finish with 3 lives and some continues... the 5 continues help you a lot to understand the bosses attacks and to memorize. After u die a lot, u would be able to reach stage 5-6 or even stage 7 without use continues.

Contra III has 7 lives option
Contra Hard corps just 3.

Contra III is my favourite but CHC is really a very good game!! both have awesome soundtracks.

1CC? no thanks :lol: I can't do that....but im agree its more possible to do that with CHC than with CIII.

and I was playing Mega Man 4.....Cosack Castle
Siren2011
Banned User

Post by Siren2011 »

Night Warriors: Darkstalker's Revenge. Such a fucking awesome game. I felt a huge surge of power as I aggressively fought my way to the final fight as that Samurai. I felt indestructible.

At the last boss (my first time getting to him), I had won one round and he had won one round. On the final round, I GOT HIM TO NOT EVEN A SLIVER OF HEALTH LEFT...and the bastard son of a bitch killed me. It was so humiliating. Next time for sure, I'll finish him...and then laugh at his weak ass.

But on a lighter note, the character roster is the most impressive I've ever come across in every fighting game I've played. All of their moves are so unique to them and their designs are so intriguing that It's impossible not to have the urge to play as every single one of them to see what they're all about-- which is more than I could say about Arcana Heart and Gekka no Kenshi. The sprites, backgrounds, and character jingles are worthy of making this game a classic alone. It is highly fortunate that the fighting system is incredibly satisfying, too. I'm just getting the hang of guard reversals.
"Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die. Trapped in a moe~ existence"
louisg

Post by louisg »

Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future :D I rented it back in the day and decided to snag a copy off eBay. It's held up surprisingly well!
Humans, think about what you have done
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

So yeah, working on Dragon Age Origins. Just have to say, holy fuck is this one hell of a time killer. I can spend 10 minutes plus just monkeying around with my inventory. Seriously, I start doing one simple thing and look up and it is an hour later. I feel like I've hardly started the game and I've put 12 hours into it. !!!!!
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
SHMUP sale page.
JJXB

Post by JJXB »

Siren2011 wrote:Night Warriors: Darkstalker's Revenge. Such a fucking awesome game. I felt a huge surge of power as I aggressively fought my way to the final fight as that Samurai. I felt indestructible.

At the last boss (my first time getting to him), I had won one round and he had won one round. On the final round, I GOT HIM TO NOT EVEN A SLIVER OF HEALTH LEFT...and the bastard son of a bitch killed me. It was so humiliating. Next time for sure, I'll finish him...and then laugh at his weak ass.

But on a lighter note, the character roster is the most impressive I've ever come across in every fighting game I've played. All of their moves are so unique to them and their designs are so intriguing that It's impossible not to have the urge to play as every single one of them to see what they're all about-- which is more than I could say about Arcana Heart and Gekka no Kenshi. The sprites, backgrounds, and character jingles are worthy of making this game a classic alone. It is highly fortunate that the fighting system is incredibly satisfying, too. I'm just getting the hang of guard reversals.
i prefer vampire saviour or vsav2. but out of all the capcom fighting games, i always had soft spots for sfa3 and marvel vs capcom.
It's about "realizing their actuality." And judging by the look on Jane's face, she's realized it a couple of times already.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

JJXB wrote:
Siren2011 wrote:Night Warriors: Darkstalker's Revenge. Such a fucking awesome game. I felt a huge surge of power as I aggressively fought my way to the final fight as that Samurai. I felt indestructible.

i prefer vampire saviour or vsav2. but out of all the capcom fighting games, i always had soft spots for sfa3 and marvel vs capcom.

Actually I always thought Night Warriors was pretty underrated. Many Americans never saw this release, and basically missed the game which is a pretty unique and excellent fighter (definitely not just an upgrade from the original Dark Stalkers.) It was released in the US on the Saturn; well worth picking up if you're into fighters.
SHMUP sale page.
BIL

Post by BIL »

EinhanderZwei wrote:I STILL don't get it why CHC is considered so painfully hard :\
The difficulty of the series in general is ridiculously overstated, Hard Corps and Shattered Soldier in particular. They are good challenges, just not as brutal as popular belief has it.
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

Last night I've 2CCd Turrican 3 (Amiga version) in a single sitting (not counting the lunch break). Holy shit is this an awesome game!!!
In an alternate universal, Soldier Blade II has already been crafted by Hudson Soft and Compile with proper tate this time around (c) PC Engine Fan X!
Sega tried and failed. Nintendo didn't even try. (c) Specineff
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Since I actually have a game system working on a TV now, I've been attempting to 1CC the original Streets of Rage. So far my best run was earlier today, reaching Mr. X on the last life. Final score of around 560,000.
ratlhead

Post by ratlhead »

Dead Space Extraction on Wii. As a light gun shooter it's very forgiving and on easy side but if you perceive it as an interactive movie with light gun shooter elements, it's pretty good actually. Its visuals are very good for a Wii title and it has a good constructed and engaging story that is told from different characters' perspectives for different chapters.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I just finished DoReMi Fantasy, and now i'm starting on Seiken Densetsu 3.
JJXB

Post by JJXB »

CMoon wrote:Actually I always thought Night Warriors was pretty underrated. Many Americans never saw this release, and basically missed the game which is a pretty unique and excellent fighter (definitely not just an upgrade from the original Dark Stalkers.) It was released in the US on the Saturn; well worth picking up if you're into fighters.
i've played Night warriors anyway. not a bad game by any means but i found the mechanics tightened up by vampire savior.
EinhanderZwei wrote:Last night I've 2CCd Turrican 3 (Amiga version) in a single sitting (not counting the lunch break). Holy shit is this an awesome game!!!
T3 was "meh" for me. I preferred turrican II (amiga or C64 version).
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

CMoon wrote:So yeah, working on Dragon Age Origins. Just have to say, holy fuck is this one hell of a time killer. I can spend 10 minutes plus just monkeying around with my inventory. Seriously, I start doing one simple thing and look up and it is an hour later. I feel like I've hardly started the game and I've put 12 hours into it. !!!!!
I know!

The worst game for this is Sacred 2. I can quite happily spend an entire evening looking through my shared equipment stash, shop farming for matching suits, crafting shit for my various characters.
Number of 1cc's : 5
Now playing: Gunbird
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Do non-Japanese versions of Bujingai (PS2) allow you to play with Japanese voices? Does the PAL version have 60 Hz option?
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Recettear, I past this game over since I thought that running a shop and paying off a loan shark would be boring as hell, I decided to finally pick it up while on the steam sale. And I must say It totally surprised me, its actually a lot of fun.

Chantellise Carpe Fulgar's 2nd doujin localisation should be on steam by the end of the month I was looking forward to that even before playing Recettear as its more inkeeping with my tastes. Fortune Summoners which will hopefully release this fall is the game im most looking forward to picking up given its the doujin game I most wanted to see localised.
R-Gray 1

Post by R-Gray 1 »

after finish mega man 3 & 4, today i finished mega man 5...easier than others

very nice play this games since a longgggggg time.