Shmupmame 4.2: Lagless Mars Matrix, Strikers 1945, Galaga 88

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BobbyNewmarkiii

Re: Shmupmame 4.2: Lagless Mars Matrix, Strikers 1945, Galag

Post by BobbyNewmarkiii »

trap15 wrote:HAHAHAHAHA

Sorry for being uncivilized but holy shit

this is to the two previous posts, not just the last
Anyone want to post a civil reply?
Bee Cool

Post by Bee Cool »

I'm guessing there's no chance of someone doing some hackish voodoo to get APB and BG down to 1 frame lag again.

This makes me sad as Shmupmame 3 only works once in a blue moon.
RIP in peaces mjclark and Estebang
Sinful

Post by Sinful »

heisenbergman wrote:I wonder the same thing about the autofire setting, tbh.
You mean you were able to put up with this BS for so long? Either that or you; a) don't switch games nearly as much as I do, thus not suck as much as I do; or b) already gave up on this MAME?

Anywho, I think I have a simple fix for it? Just tried it for Air Gallet and the rapid fire BS seems to be gone? All you do it go to; Option>Reset, and select all them tabs to make sure! lol. So yeah, hope this helps you, fellow turbofire shmuper heisenbergman. :D

EDIT!!!- You know, I accident'ly fired up ThunderMAME instead. Problem still ain't fixed. That menu thingy don't reset anything at all unlike all other MAME versions where it does work. And I'm not wasting anymore time on this, like looking through ini's and what not. I wasted enough time playing with emulators to last a life time. I'm going back to ThunderMAME & back to gaming.
Domino

Post by Domino »

Hey guys! I dunno if this is just me but some of the Taito/Irem games have issues with their sprites. When playing Thunder Fox the sprites will jump all over the place. Some of the spites in some of the Irem games will be missing part of their sprites for some reason.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

BobbyNewmarkiii wrote:
trap15 wrote:HAHAHAHAHA

Sorry for being uncivilized but holy shit

this is to the two previous posts, not just the last
Anyone want to post a civil reply?
Anybody want to guess how many dollars a good answer would be worth (billions, trillions)?

If I knew I'd be sunning myself on the beach right now.
nesrulz

Post by nesrulz »

Hi,

Thank you nimitz for Shmupmame.

I noticed something...

btw, what language is this supposed to be?

EDIT:

I solved "the problem", I use M+GUI 1.5.1, or Shmupmame v4.2 Old Style GUI.

RGDS,
Miroslav
Last edited by nesrulz on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nesrulz

Post by nesrulz »

Thanks you nimitz for Shmupmame 4.2. Great M.A.M.E. version.
Last edited by nesrulz on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lance Boyle

Post by Lance Boyle »

BobbyNewmarkiii wrote:Anyone want to post a civil reply?
Your post is wrong. The games you specified are nigh-perfectly emulated in MAME, including (and especially) their speed timings. Any discrepancies you might be imagining are only due to that the "retail versions" you own are less accurate to the arcade originals than MAME is.

Yes, MAME emulates slowdown. No, you shouldn't dicker with the speed settings to seek something "more accurate" than what is already perfect.
Eno

Post by Eno »

nesrulz wrote: btw, what language is this supposed to be?
Got curious and tried it out. It's korean. The hangul actually display fine despite the name being ???
RS Kusoscores | Avatar taken from xkcd
nesrulz

Joystick deadzone/saturation values

Post by nesrulz »

Which values ​​for these settings?

Default:

Joystick deadzone: 0.30
Joystick saturation: 0.85

Is it better to leave it like it is, or?
How do you keep?
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

My Xbox 360 controller acts up on anything less than the default so I leave it there. Depending on your controller though you may get better results reducing the deadzone but I doubt it.
s8n

Post by s8n »

i just found this Thread through shmupmame website , im having a problem with shmupmame and i started a Thread in the Hardware section of this site can you guys go there and offer some help..............

i would have posted here first but found this Thread after starting the below Thread

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48513
Kicker

Post by Kicker »

Hello everyone !
New here :)

I registered to ask this information added to the ShmupMAME page : adding the game to the DEP exception list on Win 7 64bits doesn't fix the c0000005 crash problem.
You need to find another solution (the only I found was to switch back to version 2.2 :( ).

Thanks in advance !
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Welcome to the forums!

You're a bit behind and clearly didn't attempt to search this thread - there's been at least half a dozen pages of this thread of people saying that attempting to add Shmupmame v3.0b to the exception list did not solve the issue. I still actually suspect something within the Shmupmame source caused it as normal MAME Plus 0.99 builds did not trigger the error on said computers.

With all this being said, v3.0b is a thing of the past, the only reason you'd want to play that version is for lagless Garegga/Batrider/Bakraid. You want v4.2 now.
nimitz

Post by nimitz »

Just passing by, looking at the past few pages it seems the autofire delay default value is causing problems for quite a few people, if i recall correctly i had fixed it but never bothered releasing a version just for that.

If there are any other bugs/problems/new games etc i should add let me know. I'll check back in a few days.
cubadoo23

Post by cubadoo23 »

Hi nimitz would it be possible to add the samples support for the raiden fighters series?
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Regarding RaidenMAME stuff, last time I looked into it I've not had much success updating the hacks to run with the newest incarnation of the Seibu SPI driver. Sticking the old driver in and attempting to compile might work but I think there'd be some side-effects that wouldn't be so welcome compared to running the current driver. I'd appreciate it if nimitz or someone a bit more competent with MAME drivers than myself could look into it. :oops:

As for new games etc, I think some folks are still waiting to see if lagless Batrider/Bakraid/Garegga can get ported over. There's been a new parent of Wyvern Wings and some of the Deco drivers got updated to work better (Double Wings I think was one, had Devid Boowie in credits) - I'm sure there's been more shmups but having some trouble remembering it. You probably know this already but the CV1000 games are also back in official source now.

Lemmings got some fixes and a few stuff in both Toaplan drivers got updated as well, and some HLSL fixes, etc among other things.
dink

Post by dink »

I like Shmupmame, but I have a feature request: a "quick save/load state" function, that can be assigned to your gamepad/joystick.
When a state is saved or loaded from the gamepad, it always asks which savestate slot to use, and you have to use the keyboard for this. Perhaps the "quick save/load" state can default to a certain slot. I think this feature would be very convenient for fast-paced games such as Shmups.

Keep up the great work & best regards,
- dink
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Holy shit, how come I didn't see this before?! Is DOJ, Dangun Feveron, or Ibara playable on this?
Last edited by Oniros on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
ReiKusanagi

Post by ReiKusanagi »

The first two yes, the last one isn't even listed on its game list so who knows.
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

Hasn't Ibara only just recently been (re)added to MAME (as it was deemed TCFC)? I doubt shmupMAME will play it (unless there's been a recent update I'm unaware of).
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

ReiKusanagi wrote:The first two yes, the last one isn't even listed on its game list so who knows.
I gave DOJ a tray last night. Pretty fucking hard game I must say. Awesome of you to put this together nimitz!
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

I must admit that the difference between "normal MAME" and ShmupMAME is pretty surprising at the beginning (and I can even play it on my laptop more than 2 hours before the battery fails, yay).

I however have a little problem on DDP, I don't know to put the autofire correctly. With only one button, you obviously can't use the laser and the rapidshot at the same time, and the toggle mode seems pretty "hazardous" (typically the button that will make your chain break because you forgot to switch, and then you go "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU")

I read before on this thread about putting C-Auto with the service mode, but I can't access this service ingame, even thought I checked the keybinding. Care to explain how to do so? Would be greatly appreciate, thanks.
CKR

Post by CKR »

Neptas

Post by Neptas »

Thanks CKR, works great :D
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Neptas wrote:I read before on this thread about putting C-Auto with the service mode, but I can't access this service ingame, even thought I checked the keybinding. Care to explain how to do so? Would be greatly appreciate, thanks.
For games that have a service menu, press and hold F2 (some games you tap it, some you have to hold for a few seconds to enter it). When you're done, exit via the menu option (you might need to hit F2 again to disable service mode, or just hit F3 to reset the game, this depends on the game). The option to enable the C button for rapid auto is in most older Cave games that don't have it by default. Some games like Tatsujin Oh have an option for autofire as button C, but it's as a dip switch enable/disable.

For games that don't have an enable option for C button auto, you can always setup a custom button as autofire.
Neptas

Post by Neptas »

BareknuckleRoo wrote:
Neptas wrote:I read before on this thread about putting C-Auto with the service mode, but I can't access this service ingame, even thought I checked the keybinding. Care to explain how to do so? Would be greatly appreciate, thanks.
For games that have a service menu, press and hold F2 (some games you tap it, some you have to hold for a few seconds to enter it). When you're done, exit via the menu option (you might need to hit F2 again to disable service mode, or just hit F3 to reset the game, this depends on the game). The option to enable the C button for rapid auto is in most older Cave games that don't have it by default. Some games like Tatsujin Oh have an option for autofire as button C, but it's as a dip switch enable/disable.

For games that don't have an enable option for C button auto, you can always setup a custom button as autofire.
Still interesting to know that, thank for those details :)
Nocta

Post by Nocta »

Sorry to bump into this thread like that but can someone upload a build of Shmupmame 4.2 with nonag? I tried several time but never succeeded in compiling it...

Also I'm wondering if it's still true that Shmupmame is better off with Ddraw instead of D3D?

Thanks guys.
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

I tried DDP and man, looks like i have strange slowdown or something. It says 100% speed and no frame skip but still, feels wrong :? :?
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

DDP works fine for me here, and I'm sure PROMETHEUS would've had nimitz's head on a spike along with the rest of MAMEdev if there was an emulation issue. Doing anything weird with refresh rates/monitors?

As for compiling, haven't had much experience compiling Shmupmame itself but if you can compile the same MAME Plus version it's based off, you should be able to compile Shmupmame just fine. If you can't even do that, well, there's this page: http://www.mamedev.org/tools/