Custom Sticks Thread!!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
emphatic

Re: Custom Sticks Thread!!

Post by emphatic »

JUTMAN22: I saw these first at Shoryoken, and then at videogameimports. I like the wood work, but IMHO, hidden screws for the joysticks is a must.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
JUTMAN22

Post by JUTMAN22 »

emphatic wrote:JUTMAN22: I saw these first at Shoryoken, and then at videogameimports. I like the wood work, but IMHO, hidden screws for the joysticks is a must.
Yep, no problem and thank you for constructive criticism, its pretty much a preference thing. Customer on that last batch was happy with screws as-is (customers always have the option), though yep I agree some people like the clean screw less look, FYI the current batch I am working on are ALL screw less in appearance, so hopefully you will like, plus it will show others both variations.
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Wow Jutman, that ketsui and Mushi stick is awesome.
JUTMAN22

Post by JUTMAN22 »

monouchi wrote:Wow Jutman, that ketsui and Mushi stick is awesome.
Cheers man!!! 4 more incoming! watch this space!
JUTMAN22

Post by JUTMAN22 »

Hey guys, my Latest stick for a customer (1st out of a batch of 4) who plays Street Fighter and also loves World of Warcraft!! I could think of only one guy worthy for the stick theme .. the mighty Illidan Stormrage with his Legendary twin Warglaives (and yes, the guy who had this stick built has both glaives on his rouge). Also, by his request, he wanted a screw less and 'clean' look to the artwork so all screws have been c/sunk and hidden under the artwork ... this helps give the stick a very clean look. Full Seimitsu components (LS-32 and PS-KN-14's) on top and Sanwa OBSF-24's for the navi-buttons on the back (home/start/select). Custom hard maple case self colour with stain and of course duel modded for PS3/360/PC/MAC as most of my builds, the stick weighs in at a substantial 7kg. I hope you like, any comments would be appreciated. Cheers, peeps. (I will be posting my other builds over the next 2 weeks). Peace!!
JUTMAN22

Post by JUTMAN22 »

emphatic wrote:JUTMAN22: I saw these first at Shoryoken, and then at videogameimports. I like the wood work, but IMHO, hidden screws for the joysticks is a must.
Check out my latest, done away with exposed screws :D
undamned

Post by undamned »

Looks excellent, Jut! :D
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

i really like the galuda 2 stick , you wouldnt happen to have a spare copy of that image would you ?

Thanks
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

YouTube
JUTMAN22

Post by JUTMAN22 »

Hey Guys! Jutman here, below is my 2nd (from the current batch of 4) custom build. The artwork on top is based on the beautiful Morrigan .... man if I had to be attacked by a Scottish Succubus i'd wish it be her ^_^ . The underside artwork is a comic book style layout with Gouki and Gen having a chit chat of sorts! Stick is Sanwa JLF with octagonal gator, shaft cover and Purple Seimistu balll top. Buttons are Seimitsu KN-14's with purple rims and clear plungers. Rear Navi buttons (home/start/select/duel) are Sanwa OBSF-24 's. As per the customers request this stick is bigger than my normal builds, its an extra 10mm wider and deeper, man it's substantial (weighing close to 9kg!!) yet surprisingly it's not uncomfortable if placed on your lap. Wood as opr the norm is hard maple to a custom build. 3mm thk steel insert on top plus a 3mm plexi to the top covering the artwork ..... plexi is flush with the maple. Again a screw-less finish as per customer request (I may standardise on this as most seem to proffer it). Artwork to the underside is sandwiched in between 2 no. 3mm plexi sheets. Neutrik adaptor on the back to keep things neat and tidy. Oh, and of course duel modded (PS3/360/PC/MAC) using the Paewang PCB. Hope you like :D Peace.
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Really like that Morrigan artwork. Can I ask what the source is?

In any case, nice work!
speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

That stick really is sick.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Those "missing" screws really makes 'em look so much better. And they were really great before that. :D *thumb up*
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

love the art , proper nice
YouTube
Yoshi

Post by Yoshi »

All Seimitsu parts after some minor surgery
heavymetalme

Post by heavymetalme »

Been drooling through this thread and now I'd like to build a stick for both my Playstation and Dreamcast.

If I order from Lizard Lick, what buttons and joysticks are the best? I've been told this before- I think someone told me Sanwa sticks and Seimitsu buttons? Is that true?

Better yet, if anyone wants to name the exact products from Lizard Lick, that'd be a massive help.
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

heavymetalme wrote:Been drooling through this thread and now I'd like to build a stick for both my Playstation and Dreamcast.

If I order from Lizard Lick, what buttons and joysticks are the best? I've been told this before- I think someone told me Sanwa sticks and Seimitsu buttons? Is that true?

Better yet, if anyone wants to name the exact products from Lizard Lick, that'd be a massive help.
If your playing shooters id use LS-32-01 and Seimitsu buttons , Fighters then sanwa JLF , buttons dont matter much with either IMO
YouTube
heavymetalme

Post by heavymetalme »

Trevor spencer wrote:
heavymetalme wrote:Been drooling through this thread and now I'd like to build a stick for both my Playstation and Dreamcast.

If your playing shooters id use LS-32-01 and Seimitsu buttons , Fighters then sanwa JLF , buttons dont matter much with either IMO
Great! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Jinki

Post by Jinki »

I just got my order in from them, great company to do business with. I opted for the LS-40-01 since the LS-32-01 was out of stock. I got the 30mm transparent Seimitsu buttons. I got them to throw in my SFIV SE stick (got that as fodder for my Shmups specialty stick) but up until then I had been using my TE stick for Shmups as well as fighters. I'll never go back to Sanwa, ever again, even for fighters. I'm about to order the same stuff for my TE stick. I'm really diggin' the LS-40, it's really, really tight and responsive but I can't compare it to the LS-32 as I have never played on one and as it stands now, never will unless by chance one is in a stick I happen to use at random (highly doubt).

Anyway, it's not much and the cutting job on the art is terrible, but my first customized stick:

The cutting doesn't look -that- bad in person, but the camera captures the worst. I figured I'd let it be as is until I find myself needin' to go to FedEx Office for something.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Jinki wrote:Anyway, it's not much and the cutting job on the art is terrible, but my first customized stick:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/ ... yStick.jpg

The cutting doesn't look -that- bad in person, but the camera captures the worst. I figured I'd let it be as is until I find myself needin' to go to FedEx Office for something.
The layout of that artwork is very nice. Custom sticks often have sticks all over the artwork, something I can't stand. I really like how you used the transparent buttons as well.
JUTMAN22

Post by JUTMAN22 »

Hey Guys,

Please see below my latest custom with artwork based on the movie Vertigo as per customer request. Instead of my usual light maple hardwood I went for a nice dark cherry oak which I believe complements the orange very well as do the all black Seimitsu PS-14-GN's. Originally the customer wanted clear orange PS-14-KN's but we both felt the solid black was the way to go (increased the lead time by 3 weeks as they were special order)but I feel they were worth it. Stick is Seimitsu LS-32 and navi buttons are Sanwa OBSF-24's. Naturally the stick is duel modded with the help of the infamous Paewang Rev. and as is the norm with my latest builds the stick weighs in at 7kg. Hope you like, would be great to hear feedback. Oh and as always big shout to Andy at Gremlin Solutions for his flawless service on all components :D

- J
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

That looks awesome, JUTMAN. Though if that stick was mine, I'd get me a transparent washer.
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

JUTMAN22 wrote:...instead of my usual light maple hardwood I went for a nice dark cherry oak...
That's what I was waiting for, makes them look more classy 8)
JUTMAN22

Post by JUTMAN22 »

emphatic wrote:That looks awesome, JUTMAN. Though if that stick was mine, I'd get me a transparent washer.
Thank you! yeah I did think about clear dust washer, but decided to keep the trend with the solid black them on all components.
ZOM wrote:
JUTMAN22 wrote:...instead of my usual light maple hardwood I went for a nice dark cherry oak...
That's what I was waiting for, makes them look more classy 8)
LOL, the dark oak sure does make them look more classy! Thanks for comments guys.
JUTMAN22

Post by JUTMAN22 »

Hey Guys,

Jutman here again. Please see below another custom. Artwork as per customers request is based on the fantastic Shmup Gunbird. Buttons are Seimitsu PS-14-KN's. Stick is Seimitsu LS-32. Navi buttons are Sanwa OBSF-24's. Duel Modded with the Paewang PCB. My usual Hard maple case design with Steel inserts and weighing in at 7kg! Screwless design. Hope you likey :D

Thanks

J
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

That is HOT.
Stormwatch

The PedoStick-TE

Post by Stormwatch »

drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Is it just the way the images are taken or do you have shaft covers on those LS-32s?
JUTMAN22

Post by JUTMAN22 »

drunkninja24 wrote:Is it just the way the images are taken or do you have shaft covers on those LS-32s?
Correct, there are shaft covers on there!
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

How'd you do that? Are they modified LS-40 or JLF covers?