BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Shelcoof

Re: BATTLE GAREGGA REV.2016 (M2)

Post by Shelcoof »

Firehawke wrote:It's simply not worth it for marginal items like shmups. You simply are NEVER going to see enough sales to get your cash back on the minimum print requirements. Look at the sheer number of Deathsmiles US discs still out there in LE boxes that were never opened. Complaining about digital-only is a lost cause, that fight was lost a long time ago. Now you need to make a decision-- are you going to stand so hard on this topic that you'll run the companies you loved into the ground because they had no choice but to adapt to the new reality?
I've always bought games I wanted to play whether physical or not. I prefer physical if available but will get digital if there are no other options.

The sad thing about digital games for me is that I don't have the urgency to go and buy it day 1 unless I really really want to play it or have time. The digital version is just one click away its not going anywhere so I can always wait to buy.... and that usually ends up being a long long time later.... sometimes even never.

With physical releases I know its not always going to be on he shelf or stocked on an online store so I buy it as soon as I can and play it when I have the time. [Years later lol]

I think one thing people forget about traditional gaming is that part of it is lending, borrowing and reselling games. You really can't do that with a digital download. Gaming is more than just playing the game for some of us.

Anyways I have nothing against Digital releases as long as its done right and priced reasonably.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Am I happy about this whole digital download thing? No.

Is it the future of retail videogame sales? Yes.

Am I going to boycott Battle Garegga, let me repeat that, BATTLE GAREGGA because I am not going to get a disk with the game on it? You have got to be kidding me.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

they should include a glass for dentures with the premium edition
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'm not boycotting the game, but I'm definitely gonna pass over the Limited and Premium editions, which I would have purchased in a heartbeat if they had included the game. (as in the actual game, yes)
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

It seems odd to go to the effort of manufacturing all these trinkets but not put the game on a disc. If Assault Suit Leynos is viable as a physical release (and indeed a Western release) surely Garegga is too? Likewise Raiden V, which probably has more copies pressed than JP xbones sold.

I don't think it's unreasonable to complain about an inferior product either. Which a digital release is, unless it is DRM free (can you back up downloaded games and play them on any unmodified console on any account?).
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

As said earlier, why make all those extra stuff with box without including the game disc.
I will buy the game but can wait for a sale or something.
Jonst

Post by Jonst »

Of course it's disappointing that there's no physical game disk, whether or not I bite for this, it's re-ignited my love for all things yagawa!
"Just fire and forget" 1cc List
GSK

Post by GSK »

monouchi wrote:As said earlier, why make all those extra stuff with box without including the game disc.
The extra stuff is all much easier to manufacture in smaller quantities with a quicker turnaround; adding a game disc adds all sorts of complications both financially and logistically and there's a good chance they simply aren't equipped to do it right now--this is their first release, after all. By all means, let them know you really want a disc and they might be able to do it for Feveron or whatever's coming next.
max2016

Post by max2016 »

Do the publishers have any sort of social media where I can hassle them about a PC release?
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

05pro

Post by 05pro »

All of my PC Engine and MD games from 1989 onwards still work. I found out a couple of days ago that my downloaded PS3 Final Fight / Magic Sword game will not run at all if I'm offline and not connected to PSN. MvC2 on X360 will only exist as a demo unless it's running on the same console and hard drive that it was originally downloaded to. Re-downloading it and swapping licences didn't seem to do anything and the original console it was DL'd to has been dead and in a landfill for a couple of years. Outrun 2, Double Dragon, Gauntlet etc when removed from the 360 store are basically gone forever if I need to ever start over on a new account.

This is why given the choice I would always pick up a physical copy of a game that I care about where it is available. I'll still DL Garegga on day one as I want to play it again without digging the Saturn out but I may pass on the LE edition which would otherwise have been a day one buy for me.
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

Bananamatic wrote:they should include a glass for dentures with the premium edition
This made me laugh far more than it probably should. Still though, it's Butthole Garegga, not Robotron 2084.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Sumez wrote:I'm not boycotting the game, but I'm definitely gonna pass over the Limited and Premium editions, which I would have purchased in a heartbeat if they had included the game. (as in the actual game, yes)
This is my stance. You can bet your ass I'll be buying a PS4 and the digital game to play this day 1. But unfortunately I'll be passing on the LE because it feels cheap to not have a physical copy. Even it it was Vita-only, DBCS also offered a physical version with their LE so why can't M2?
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

Ah who cares. Wanna play it in 20 years when your motoric skills have deteriorated so far you can't possibly play it anymore anyway then fire up mame. Ok for the time being it doesnt have the 2016 version, but whatevah
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

A bunch of more high-res screens:
Spoiler
Considering the music displays whether the song playing is the arcade version, can we also expect the arranged Saturn OST thrown in?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Sumez wrote:It's a pretty strange corner to cut though, as I'm sure not including the game physically is going to severely limit the sales
No one cares about physical media except collectors, and there's a lot less of them than you think.
Bananamatic wrote:they should include a glass for dentures with the premium edition
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

OmegaFlareX wrote: No one cares about physical media except collectors, and there's a lot less of them than you think.
Level with me here. Who is the target audience for a "premium edition" release with nothing but merchandice, if not collectors?
MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

I was planning to buy two copies of the Premium Edition. No game disc changes that to 0 copies.

I'll still buy the digital version, of course.
Unadan360

Post by Unadan360 »

When will this game be available from the USA PSN store?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Man that UI is sexy. Love the per-stage bests and the rank graphing looks pretty awesome.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
BIL

Post by BIL »

RANKGRAPH is some mad scientist shit, I looove it. :mrgreen: And boss timer. :cool: Also lorey TLC with ship model no. listed! Gawd I love M2. Image
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

That UI is absolutely amazing. All the information you could ever ask for right in front of you. Pretty cool!

You know, someone needs to come up with a similar UI for Dimahoo.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
BIL

Post by BIL »

Christ, it's gonna be like The Sheep's World of Arcades except I can buy the stuff onsite. :o
pegboy

Post by pegboy »

ROFL.
Unadan360

Post by Unadan360 »

Thanks for the info!!! :P
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I don't mind buying digital, but releasing a limited edition without the game is a pretty poor move even if I were to consider buying it. If it gets delisted it'll only be redownloadable through accounts with it, and all PSN codes have expiry dates so anyone buying the LE in a few years time won't actually be able to activate the game.

I've already been burnt buying games that were released as recent as 2013 and not being able to activate expired codes for DLC, so I'm speaking from experience.

You would have to be very confused to think that owning a timed code to "let the user(s) have the right to download the product" is the same as owning real media printed on disc. One is a possession and one is an account owned by Sony. It's not hard to understand.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
KAI

Post by KAI »

wow!
Spoiler
copy-paster

Post by copy-paster »

^^

New CGI intro? Anyway that's awesome, will set as a wallpaper. :mrgreen:

Edit : Oh it's from the official site.
Last edited by copy-paster on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
system11

Post by system11 »

Game boxes with download codes is one of the saddest pieces of shit of our times. I'll probably still get the normal version, I don't see the point in the LE existing though.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org