DoDonPachi Saidaioujou coming to Xbox 360 (REGION-FREE!)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Hagane

Re: DoDonPachi Saidaioujou coming to Xbox 360 (Spring 2013)

Post by Hagane »

For once I mostly agree with Illyrian. How can anyone think any of the ESPs has good music is beyond me.

Yagawa hate is silly though (but I also despise Pink Sweets). And visible hitboxes aren't needed.
DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

Interesting.

I never thought people hated Espgaluda music. I always thought people liked it or just didn't think much about it.

Personally I like Esp II BL music the best from the series, but meh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0972eHP4ao

Why did they announce this so early though? I mean for the love of god... waiting 6 months + before the game will be out is killing me. I really hate it when game companies do this. Better have an alternate soundtrack with other goodies.
Espgaluda III needs to happen.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Talking about Esp music, ESPII iPhone-Android soundtrack needs a CD release.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

DragonInstall wrote:Interesting.

I never thought people hated Espgaluda music. I always thought people liked it or just didn't think much about it.

Personally I like Esp II BL music the best from the series, but meh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0972eHP4ao

Why did they announce this so early though? I mean for the love of god... waiting 6 months + before the game will be out is killing me. I really hate it when game companies do this. Better have an alternate soundtrack with other goodies.
At the very least, Cave will give the game center owners & operators a chance to earn their upkeep/profit on their extravagant DDP-SDOJ PCB kit purchases until the very day that the 360 SDOJ port is out on day one. It's a given. Gotta keep your arcade clientele happy as well from a business-end perspective. Otherwise, such yen rolling in would decline if 360 SDOJ port were to be released in less than a year from it's arcade PCB counterpart.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:At the very least, Cave will give the game center owners & operators a chance to earn their upkeep/profit on their extravagant DDP-SDOJ PCB kit purchases until the very day that the 360 SDOJ port is out on day one.
Yeah I completely understand and support the arcade to make their due money. I'm just saying I wish they wouldn't announce the game this early. The long 6+ month wait is going to drive me nuts, especially after all the gameplay footage I've seen of the game so far.
Espgaluda III needs to happen.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

DragonInstall wrote:
PC Engine Fan X! wrote:At the very least, Cave will give the game center owners & operators a chance to earn their upkeep/profit on their extravagant DDP-SDOJ PCB kit purchases until the very day that the 360 SDOJ port is out on day one.
Yeah I completely understand and support the arcade to make their due money. I'm just saying I wish they wouldn't announce the game this early. The long 6+ month wait is going to drive me nuts, especially after all the gameplay footage I've seen of the game so far.
So i'm not the only one who fears that some kind of accident happens before I get my hands on sdoj?
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I like ESPGaluda's music. It's no DFK BL, but it's good.

Anyway, watched a run of this game, and I came away with a few impressions.
The stages look the same(as mentioned earlier), but that may because they are all colored so similarly.
The designs(girls and all), remind me of when I first got into anime in the mid 90s.

The game looks HARD. That alone got me interested. The patterns are just vicious.

Post by Avatar Ignis »

I Like ESp Ra.De's music :/
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

i would like esprade/guwange music if random songs weren't 30 second loops and the sound quality wasn't so poor. esprade wins here though, guwange has literally two main themes like it's some fucking early '80s arcade game
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

I've never personally minded those sorts of soundtracks. For example, I think that Dodonpachi has an awesome cock-rock OST. The boss fight music from that game is one of the best ever made, right behind "Burn Yourself" from the DOJ OST.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Great news to return from a vacation to! Will pre-order this as soon as it becomes available. Hoping to have good fun with it, Expert mode included!
Illyrian wrote:I've never personally minded those sorts of soundtracks. For example, I think that Dodonpachi has an awesome cock-rock OST. The boss fight music from that game is one of the best ever made, right behind "Burn Yourself" from the DOJ OST.
This. And I also like the st3 theme from SDOJ. It sounds a lot better outside the game where it's not horribly overcompressed.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

moozooh wrote: And I also like all stage themes from SDOJ. It sounds a lot better outside the game where it's not horribly overcompressed.
Fixed
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Actually I don't care much for most of them; they're better than the average, sure, but not quite DOJ level—let alone Battle Garegga—as far as Namiki's output is concerned. These two soundtracks I actually listen to outside the games regularly.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

I just listened to the SDOJ soundtrack on some proper speakers (KRK V6s). Its true about the compression, geeeeezz. So many details missing, and a lot of the harmony is totally buried. Of course mono mixes will do that regardless, but anyway I have a bit more respect for Namiki here, now. Not sure where I'd place them among the rest of his work or shmup music in general... in truth its hard to even judge how these tracks would meld with the in-game heroics when the quality is so bad on the pcb.
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
e_tank

Post by e_tank »

i've got a hunch that virt is going come save us all and right the wrong that was the sdoj ost for the port.

actually i quite like the sdoj ost, i don't think it's namiki's best work either but stage 1, stage 2, stage 4 are all really solid tracks.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

If virt does a SDOJ soundtrack I will literally cream myself holy shit :lol:
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

Who is Virt?

If the guy who did the Ketsuipachi soundtrack did an arranged OST I would be very happy
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Yeah, that was virt. He does lots of great stuff, look up some of his stuff.
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
e_tank

Post by e_tank »

when i asked if cave had approached him to be involved with the sdoj port he responded with "no comment", and something to the effect of if they did he would be excited and welcome the opportunity. add to the fact that asada said he would like to work with him again and.. i dunno, read into that what you will.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

:shock: :o :o :o Yessssssssssssssssssss
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Confirmed absolute win if Virt arranges SDOJ soundtrack
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

:shock:
Time to change pants.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:Well, there's actually dodging unlike DFKs must cancel certain things. That alone will make it more fun.
Definitely this. Didn't care for Resurrection for this very reason.
ZenErik

Post by ZenErik »

I finally see this news after deciding to sell my J360 and just get a US model. Welp. My bad.

But I'm not that good at shmups anyway. If this doesn't get a US/UK release I will buy a J360 and this game once I can 1CC CAVE titles that aren't both Deathsmiles games. May be a while because of my Guild Wars 2 and Project DIVA f addictions.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Why would you ditch your Japan unit for a American one? Almost nothing is region locked in the USA and even if it is you can get an asian release for the same cost as the US version.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Just looked up Virt. He did Ketsui's soundtrack so he's got huge points in my book.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

finisherr wrote:Just looked up Virt. He did Ketsui's soundtrack so he's got huge points in my book.
Specifically, he remixed the soundtrack for DFK Black Label Arrange.
n0rtygames

Post by n0rtygames »

I fear I'm alone here... but I really think the best Boss Battle music in a Cave game ever is DOJs "Burn Yourself"

When that kicks in, it's like the game is telling you "Shit just got real" :)
facebook: Facebook
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

For me it's a toss-up between DDP and SDOJ.

I like DoDonPachi's boss music because it sounds like the game saying "Good lucking dodging this, shithead! Hoho, you look like such an asshole trying to win with your two remaining lives." And it works just as well for regular bosses as it does for Hibachi, in that regard. Basically the game is expressing its desire to ruin your day.

SaiDaiOuJou's boss music doesn't have that quality because it instead inspires the opposite end of the spectrum. It compels me to BE AWESOME, and gives boss fights a sense of pace that they don't otherwise have.
MSZ

Post by MSZ »

Giest118 wrote:
finisherr wrote:Just looked up Virt. He did Ketsui's soundtrack so he's got huge points in my book.
Specifically, he remixed the soundtrack for DFK Black Label Arrange.
I must be the only guy on this forum who hates this soundtrack. The Ketsui X mode soundtrack is far superior.