Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
drauch

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by drauch »

I hate you.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

This one will be shooter related

I guess it's not really a "little" thing imo atleast

I get pissed by the fact that no developer can freaking make up their mind what screen ratio they want to use for their games

Oh this mode is 4:3 while the other one is 16;9 seriously It seem that I will be forced to have 4 monitor 2 4:3 ones and 2 16:9 ones from here on...

It would not suprise me if some developer decides to do a 16:10 shooter just to fuck with me.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Zeron wrote:This one will be shooter related

I guess it's not really a "little" thing imo atleast

I get pissed by the fact that no developer can freaking make up their mind what screen ratio they want to use for their games

Oh this mode is 4:3 while the other one is 16;9 seriously It seem that I will be forced to have 4 monitor 2 4:3 ones and 2 16:9 ones from here on...

It would not suprise me if some developer decides to do a 16:10 shooter just to fuck with me.
Agreed, a total pain in the ass, especially when running console stuff in a cab.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Running console stuff in a cab.

Is nothing sacred?
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

drauch wrote:I hate you.
This LITER-oh fine, I'll stop now.

Actually, on a similar note, I hate it when people can't get their expressions right. Don't know how many times I've heard:

"It's a doggie dog world"
"For all intensive purposes"

And probably other similar phrases mispronounced.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

drunkninja24 wrote:Actually, on a similar note, I hate it when people can't get their expressions right. Don't know how many times I've heard:

"It's a doggie dog world"
"For all intensive purposes"

And probably other similar phrases mispronounced.
It's not always a bad thing, you know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs 8)
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

I recently saw someone use the formulation "it doesn't pass the mustard", which is a delightful conflation of two separate idioms (i.e. "pass muster" and "cut the mustard").
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

From the Fabebook thread: When people whip out their phones and start a phone call or an email - while I'm in the middle of a conversation with them. Extremely rude.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

professor ganson wrote:Running console stuff in a cab.

Is nothing sacred?
I was once a non-believer, Viletim converted me. :)
Cave ports are actually stunning in a cab, especially with the higher resolution.

I should probably add "people knocking it before they've tried it" to this list. :mrgreen:

Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Klatrymadon wrote:I think some of you guys might be taking issue with the wrong group, there. The problem isn't so much how we frame the arguments, but more that "she was dressed like a slut" is still used by loathsome, misogynist cunts as a way of justifying instances of rape, or of justifying throwing their hands up and not engaging with the issue seriously. The idea that it's ever partly the victim's fault, or that women should go through life constantly weighing up how likely they are to attract rapists, shouldn't be entertained.

Of course, I'm probably a bit of an outlier on this one - I've always thought changing anything about yourself so that some knuckledragging deadheads won't hurt you means they've won from the get-go, because then they're actually influencing daily life in a significant way. Changing your attire because you think there's a high chance you'll be surrounded by malicious picowits with no self-control might be quite sensible, but you should never lose sight of the fact that the onus should be on them (i.e. rapists and their sympathisers) to change. Or to fuck off and die. I'm easy.
I'm still waiting on njiska's stats, but to be honest I'm pretty much positive that there is no empirical evidence that suggests dressing provocatively attracts rapists or makes a woman more likely to be raped. To show that you'd need data on rape that includes manner of dress, which I seriously doubt exists, and you'd need to isolate the effect of dress amongst all the other factors. Even if you found instances in which a girl's dress provoked a rape, they're likely to be A) a small minority of rapes or B) influenced by other factors like the girl being a sex worker or drinking irresponsibly. In other words, you'd have to be an asshole to seriously suggest that dressing like a slut attracts rapists.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Does staring hard count as rape?
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

I agree, Acid King, but I think the fact that "slutty" dress is still raised as a mitigating excuse by the kinds of empathically-stunted cretins who don't take the crime or its victims very seriously is a more pressing issue than arguing about whether or not this dress factor is real or imagined. That's taking issue with the wrong people, and prematurely so. It was just odd to see vitriol aimed at women who believe they should wear what they like in the face of potential dangers, rather than the wretches who seek to use that against them. Arseholes who suggest that men are generally more likely to rape if a woman is dressed provocatively are surely a less urgent problem than the arseholes still trying to justify crimes in those same terms.

As you can probably tell, I've never really had any respect for the belief that, because cunts are always going to exist, we should just get used to them and keep our heads down.
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

Fresh off:

People who say they hate video games, but don't know shit about any genre outside of MMORPG :evil:
Granted, I dislike MMORPGs too, but there are hundred billion trillions of awesome singleplayer games with stories and gameplay WAY deeper than what such people prefer instead (drugs, alcohol, Naruto, Avatar, Twilight, Harry Potter, y'know)
Last edited by EinhanderZwei on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In an alternate universal, Soldier Blade II has already been crafted by Hudson Soft and Compile with proper tate this time around (c) PC Engine Fan X!
Sega tried and failed. Nintendo didn't even try. (c) Specineff
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

CMoon wrote:Does staring hard count as rape?
Girls dress sexy because they want you to look, it's pure vanity. If anything we should be charging for our feelgood gazing.

Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Public commercial establishments that refuse to let you use the toilet if you don't buy something. Even the 'customer only' signs annoy me. If you're courteous and ask first, I don't see the big deal - when you gotta go you gotta go. I think local councils should enforce a rule that allows the public to use your toilet, it would stop everyone pissing down backstreets and whatnot.

Worse is when they put a bloody numerical lock on the door! I had to find the pin code on the back of my receipt just to get into one yesterday. :? Burger King Leicester Square has a six foot turnstile gate outside the upstairs loo. :idea:

And worst of all: paid toilets. London Trocadero costs £1 to use it (if you don't venture to the bar toilet on the top floor which is like something from the pits of hell.) Victoria Station charges 50p I believe. I'm assuming it's to keep vagrants out, but it's still ridiculous.

Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Skykid wrote:I think local councils should enforce a rule that allows the public to use your toilet, it would stop everyone pissing down backstreets and whatnot.
Aren't the US like that? I was told even hobos are allowed to use toilets in public establishments over there, which would be pretty human (even if they need an intravenous shot badly, it's an emergency all the same).
EinhanderZwei wrote:drugs, alcohol, Naruto
Good times.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

One thing that's been bugging me recently: companies (composers?) who put dialogue in a soundtrack. The Silent Hill 3 soundtrack does this, the Cowboy Bebop box set does this, and Motoi Sakuraba does those weird Voice Mix arrange albums.

It's amazing that no one listens to the album before release and says "hey, take that bullshit out"
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

CStarFlare wrote:One thing that's been bugging me recently: companies (composers?) who put dialogue in a soundtrack. The Silent Hill 3 soundtrack does this, the Cowboy Bebop box set does this, and Motoi Sakuraba does those weird Voice Mix arrange albums.

It's amazing that no one listens to the album before release and says "hey, take that bullshit out"
Er, I'm pretty sure there's nothing new about it. Komeda's Rosemary's Baby & The Ferless Vampire Killers OST, for instance, has got some film dialogue mixed in.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Arwing904

Post by Arwing904 »

Games being released as "DLC only" or a mixture of DLC and a super-limited edition disc release (of which you have absolutely zero chance of actually getting a copy without selling your own body parts to afford) really pisses me off! I really want to play "Soldner X: Himelsturmer" but im not buying a bloody PS3 or paying crazy Ebay prices to do it! :( Then people wonder why piracy and torrents suck so much money away from developers? Well, if we had an easy way to actually PAY FOR AND OBTAIN THE DAMN THING people wouldnt have to take the illegal route! :( *sorry for the ranting*
All i need is a Lockheed F-104 ... And an incalculable enemy presence!
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Adverts. 99% of them.

brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Forums that lack the ability to ignore annoying people..
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Vyxx
Banned User

Post by Vyxx »

brentsg wrote:Forums that lack the ability to ignore annoying people..
join Gamefaqs
Arwing904

Post by Arwing904 »

Hope that wasnt aimed at me!? I Apologise if I have upset anybody but I am still a n00b here!!
All i need is a Lockheed F-104 ... And an incalculable enemy presence!
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Arwing904 wrote:
Hope that wasnt aimed at me!? I Apologise if I have upset anybody but I am still a n00b here!!
Nope, never read your posts. :mrgreen:
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Evilmaxwar

Post by Evilmaxwar »

Ebay sellers that will not sell or talk/answer message to anyone outside USA. :evil:
KindGrind

Post by KindGrind »

Evilmaxwar wrote:Ebay sellers that will not sell or talk/answer message to anyone outside USA. :evil:
I second that. Also related to online shopping and the US, I find it retarded that amazon.com won't ship to me because .ca exists. If it were only a matter of getting shafted on price for the same item, I wouldn't mind much, but 80% of the items offered on .com aren't offered on the Canadian counterpart.
Muchos años después, frente al pelotón de fusilamiento...
Pixel_Outlaw

Post by Pixel_Outlaw »

OK I am going to win this thread.

That inch long hair that you discover coming out of the side of your neck just after you shave.
It usually occurs when you are in a public place and don't have a razor.
Some of the best shmups don't actually end in a vowel.
No, this game is not Space Invaders.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

People referring to any and all pieces of music as songs.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

KindGrind wrote:
Evilmaxwar wrote:Ebay sellers that will not sell or talk/answer message to anyone outside USA. :evil:
I second that. Also related to online shopping and the US, I find it retarded that amazon.com won't ship to me because .ca exists. If it were only a matter of getting shafted on price for the same item, I wouldn't mind much, but 80% of the items offered on .com aren't offered on the Canadian counterpart.
I'd just like to add to that the laughably insane shipping prices US ebay sellers place on the lightest of goods coming to the UK. I know postage has gone up, but I get plenty from the US by forum and it's often less than a third of what they charge on there.

Evilmaxwar

Post by Evilmaxwar »

Skykid wrote:
KindGrind wrote:
I'd just like to add to that the laughably insane shipping prices US ebay sellers place on the lightest of goods coming to the UK. I know postage has gone up, but I get plenty from the US by forum and it's often less than a third of what they charge on there.
These kinds of sellers consider shipping outside their border is a hassle and they think the market is too small out there for them to bother with the extra work. So they just raise the handling fee. They either will not need to move their ass, or they will at least make money for filling the paper for the post office. Its strange how their economy is going downhill yet they can still afford lazyness.

The best ( worst ) i experienced in this category is a seller that would sell to my country and ship for a given fee. I clicked buy it now and paid with paypal for item + shipping. A bit later i receive a message from him saying a did not pay the paperwork fee.... WTF ?? It was written at the very bottom of the page in not so big characters : " International buyers will need to add a 15$ paperwork fee with their order"

I was so pissed i started ranting to him about how idiot and stupid this was. He then would not answer me back and had my money. I actually had to apologize to him and talk diplomatic to eventually get my item without that idiot fee.