Crimzon Clover

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
emphatic

Re: Crimzon Clover Trial Version Released

Post by emphatic »

Gwyrgyn Blood wrote:The game doesn't recognize joystick HAT inputs which is what a lot of controllers map the D-Pad to.

You should be able to use Xpadder to map the joystick to the arrow keys and then just setup the joystick buttons in game as normal.
Thanks. My XPadder is setup to use the arrow keys and the standard keyboard keys for the game (Z, X, C, V) but didn't work. I'll try to unmap the buttons for this game, and just use XPadder for the directional controls.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
njiska

Post by njiska »

Gwyrgyn Blood wrote:The game doesn't recognize joystick HAT inputs which is what a lot of controllers map the D-Pad to.
Actually I couldn't get it to accept Joystick X/Y or Rot X/Rot Y either. At least not from my TE Stick.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Subterranean Sun

Post by Subterranean Sun »

Hey, do you know what's happened to this game? Yotsubane didn't wrote a single word on his blog after 29 Jan. Is this game abandoned or something?
Square King

Post by Square King »

Subterranean Sun wrote:Hey, do you know what's happened to this game? Yotsubane didn't wrote a single word on his blog after 29 Jan. Is this game abandoned or something?
wait for Comiket in August
Subterranean Sun

Well, I don't mind wait for another 2 monthes, I'm just afraid this is abandoned\delayed like Vampirish Night.
But... Maybe you are right, I should just be patient... :wink:
Square King

Post by Square King »

I can't wait either. :) It'll be there and it'll be awesome.
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Wow-what a game!!! And I don't mean to be pedantic but has anyone else noticed that "fighter" is spelled "figther" on the selection screen?
But then again "crimson" is spelled "crimzon" so whatever...
jonny5 wrote:
jonny5 wrote:i wonder if Tommy James and the Shondells knows about this..... :wink:
come on....nobody got this? :?

you guys suck :lol:
Over and over etc etc
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Subterranean Sun wrote:Hey, do you know what's happened to this game? Yotsubane didn't wrote a single word on his blog after 29 Jan. Is this game abandoned or something?
If what HUU said is true (about the creator being Clover-TAC), then he's just probably busy setting new world records for various shmups.
Teku

Post by Teku »

For anybody waiting for this, its been delayed until the winter...
夏完成予定と告知させて頂いていた「クリムゾンクローバー」ですが、
1月末の体験版公開以降、本業の都合で全くもって思うように開発の時間がとれなかったこと、
ならびに今後のスケジュール等々から、今冬の完成予定へと延期させて下さい。
大変申し訳ございません。
Basically hes been too busy with work/studies or whatever to get the time to finish it.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Ah, yeah, saw the news. Pretty bad ones but guess the waiting will be worth.

Seems he'll be selling a trial with whatever improvements he's done so far?
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
Subterranean Sun

Ack! Exactly what I feared. :cry:
Hope the new version on Comiket 78 will give us 3 available stages in Unlimited mode.
RNGmaster

Where the hell is the Crimzon Clover Comiket trial?

Post by RNGmaster »

Can't find it through Google search, and can only get results on Yotsubane's blog. Here's the relevant post: http://yotsubane.blog99.fc2.com/blog-entry-21.html#more. Is everyone just playing it and not discussing it, or were no copies sold? I can't find anything about buying a copy, and no videos on YouTube.
Teku

Post by Teku »

It may just have been available on that day, theres no mention of a download going up on the blog...

Whats in the new version;
・Retry option (most requested)
・opening skip (2nd most requested)

・System adjustment / Double break mode implemented
・Type II ship available
・Updated sound
・Simple mode up to stage 2
・Lots of small details

No big changes other than simple mode and the extra ship by the looks of it, stage 4 is halfway done.
Last edited by Teku on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

Teku wrote: ・Type II ship available
Yes.
・System adjustment / Double break mode implemented
Yes.
・opening skip (2nd most requested)
YES.
・Retry option (most requested)
I came.
ImageImage
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

I read all the updates (I have Google Chrome w/translator) but I can't find any videos or google search results for the update that was sold at Comiket. I can't find torrents or rapidshares for it either. Some thread said it was available for download, but maybe it was a one-day deal.
Observer

Post by Observer »

If anyone wants to see how it looks, nanapo did a stream of the game (and he has been streaming pretty much all C78 STGs so far):

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9000117

Fast forward to 11:30.

Either way, Yotsubane: hurry up, damn it. Put up ver. 0.30 or whatever you have, just gives us the 120% explosions and DOUBLE BREAK.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Apparently version 0.3 has dropped off the face of the earth. I don't see any links on Yotsubane's blog, no videos besides that guy who streamed it, no buy links on DoujinStyle, nothing. Where has this gone?
Demetori

Post by Demetori »

I don't mean to bump but I am also curious, where has Crimzon Clover gone? The ver.0.20 is amazing.
Google Translate tells me that Unlimited Mode "is for people who like festivals."
rancor

Post by rancor »

Still no solid news. Rumors abound. Some say that it will be released at the next comiket, but thats been said before and release dates come and go with no updates or information. Honestly no one here has anything to tell about this. This is an eagerly anticipated title, and as soon as something is known I'm sure it will make front page news.
Demetori

Post by Demetori »

Well, regardless I'd say it will come out eventually. The attention he's gotten must make him want to finish it some time.
Google Translate tells me that Unlimited Mode "is for people who like festivals."
gs68

Post by gs68 »

I don't care if the real deal's been delated to next Comiket, I just wanna play a version of the game that lets me skip the intro.
rancor

Post by rancor »

Demetori wrote:The attention he's gotten must make him want to finish it some time.
Either that, or shelve it permanently. I would imagine it gets quite annoying with people (not us :wink: ) constantly asking when it will be complete. I imagine like emulator authors who are constantly hounded about the next release, his answer is : It will be finished when I decide - not a day before.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Considering how long RefleX took (1997-2008, got canned as Project Reflection, revived as RefleX, got canned again, finally revived around 2007 and released in 2008!). the fact that RefRain is in development since like, what, 2004, Sora was also in trial version for an eternity until it was released in C78, Hellsinker took it's fair share of time too... I would "sit warmly in the fantastic teaparty" and wait until it's done :P

I'm assuming that besides the 30% completion he commented, the guy didn't want to overlap with Siter Skain's Alltynex2nd or Sora.

I want just as much as everyone else to DOUBLE BREAK (in caps) stuff and see the PC struggle to get all those numbers on screen. Oh, and Unlimited Stage 3. That will be a sight to behold.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Well, anything as long as it means I get to practice scoring. See you on the leaderboards, suckers!
THE

Post by THE »

If he is smart, he will ditch the PC version and release it for DC or XBLIG... :twisted:
The future is 2D
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

Not sure if you guys have seen this already or if its old news. Check out the bit about crimson clover.

Comiket 78 report

Now that I’m back from Japan, I have time to write up my report of Comiket 78! Unfortunately, no pictures, as the few that were taken a friend still has, but read on for my experience.

As we got closer and closer to Odaiba, we saw more and more people who were obviously going to Comiket as well – otaku types holding huge, empty anime bags on the train at 6:30 in the morning on Saturday. It was kinda cool. It takes us around an hour and fifteen minutes to get to the station near Big Sight.

Once we got off the train, we followed everyone else for a twenty minute walk all the way AROUND the Big Sight that overcast morning. We marveled at the amount of people there, but we saw line after line – the line to get into the West Hall, the line for the participating circles… and finally our line, the one to get into East Hall. I’m not exaggerating when I say there must have been tens of thousands of people there. If you think you’ve seen a lot of people in one place… you probably haven’t. General attendance of Comiket, IIRC, usually exceeds one million over the three days, so “tens of thousands” is probably a gross underestimation anyway.

We got there a few hours early, so we passed the time by chatting, reading, and marking up our maps. Obviously, the first thing we wanted to do was grab the new Touhou game; we were worried because there were thousands of people ahead of us in line, but we stuck it out. When the event hall finally opened, we stumbled all over the place and finally figured out how to get in line for the new Touhou – the Team Shanghai Alice booth is turned outside the building, and the line actually starts in front of it, goes all the way around the building, snakes around like five times, then comes all the way back! But, as a reward for our patience, we were able to bring back the #1 prize of Comiket, Touhou 12.8. I even got to see ZUN in person, though only for a second, since it was pretty much “get out your thousand yen before you get to the table, hand it to whoever is handing the games out for your line, and get out”.

After that, we split up. I had no idea what I was doing though; I bought a couple things, then met back up with my friends at the booth where the Touhou SRW game was being sold; however, it had sold out already. I bet the guy never even saw it coming. After that, we walked around for hours, only stopping for lunch, filling our respective bags with tons of doujinshi and CDs and god knows what else. It was *extremely* crowded for quite some time, meaning I had to go down each aisle twice – once to look at the stuff on the first side, and once to look at the stuff on the other side. We also visited the corporate booths in the West Hall, too(after getting lost in the female-oriented halls), but I didn’t get anything. However, I did see the trailer for Unlimited Blade Works – looks freaking BEAUTIFUL – as well as the trailer for Witch on the Holy Night, which looks great too. I didn’t get anything; we returned to the East Halls afterward, where I picked up a few last things.

The cosplayers were quite a sight to see, too. They were all extremely good – gorgeous costumes, plenty of guys dressed up as Touhou girls, and, as my friend mentioned, not obnoxious in the least. He was extremely impressed at how much cooler everyone there was compared to anime cons here in America. …Though, sometimes it got a little hard to tell if one was a guy or a girl… ^^;

By the time we stumbled out and back to the monorail station, we were dead tired and had bags stuffed with… well, stuff. We left Odaiba for the last time, thanking the Lord we decided to stay a couple extra days to go to Comiket. It was one of, if not the, highlights of our trip to Japan.

But, I’m sure you’re thinking – “Darkslime, what did you buy!?!?” Well, here’s the list of my spoils – along with the list of stuff I forgot about.

0. Touhou 12.8
1. A small tote bag with cat-eared Cirno in the corner, containing a Cirno+Daiyousei fan(uchiwa) and a cat-ear!Cirno pillow
2. A CG illustration book with tons of completely badass Touhou pictures
3. Millet Soup(su~mi~tan)’s big tankobon doujinshi, containing their first five published comics
4. A big shopping bag from Akaneya with Cirno on one side and Wriggle on the other, containing a Wriggle+Cirno doujinshi and a cloth with all of Team-(9) wearing glasses
5. The starter set for the Vision – Phantom Magic Touhou card game, plus a pack of sleeves
6. A mouse pad from UI-70′s booth (why didn’t I get one of their cd’s!?)
7. PHOENIX Project – Scarlet Inferno (listening to at the moment)
8. Buta-Otome – Long Skirt Panorama Girl (for a friend)
9. This hilarious-looking Fist of the North Star-style Touhou doujinshi
10. Two doujinshi from Kyuropara, that site we advertised a while back

Stuff I wish I got:

1. The Touhou SRW game (was sold out by the time I got there)
2. Crimson Clover (Saw it in the catalog, was sold out by the time I got there)
3. Sora (Orange Juice’s new game; successor to Suguri, totally forgot they were releasing it)
4. LIONHEART’s new game (the makers of Mystical Chain)
5. Mokou doujinshi (none struck my fancy! weird)
6. That half-of-me-sized Cirno plushie (no, really, I could probably sleep on it)

In any case, that’s it for the report. If I think of more stuff, I might just throw it in here as I think of it. I’ll post pictures as soon as my friend gives me them, which means it won’t be happening for a while. (dammit >:O)

So obviously its on sale then!!! :-)
Thestreetzking

Post by Thestreetzking »

for those saying they cant get there TE Stick to work, use joy to key. Works great for me!

I want the full version of this game...
Observer

Post by Observer »

Same news I received. Crimzon Clover sold out ridiculously fast. The guy barely brought copies... With the anticipation this game is getting, he'll sell out in C79 and probably sell out within the day of release as well.

Or maybe it won't, considering all people care regarding doujinsoft is Touhou, right? :P It's just that probably half the forum will swarm all over the game. Something that purposely puts a "0% moe, 120% explosions" tag, contains huge battleships approaching fast, overload of numbers in Quad Core mode, deserves my entire devotion and attention.

Now, ring^-27 looks like the super-mega low res version of a Cave game and on par with Crimzon Clover in terms of numbers and items all over the screen but with a graphical style that reminded me of a low-res Hellsinker/Radio Zonde. Whoever the guy is (it shared a booth with Temperance Lance, the guys that made PatriotDark and are working on L.U.X.), I hope he finishes it soon!
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

All i know is, this game is fucking amazing, best thing ive played in ages and it just mega fun throughout.

I desperately need a copy!!!! :-)
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Man, Yotsubane must be freaking busy. Maybe they're suffering from severe disk shortage, since I haven't been able to find any online sales for v.0.30. I've also emailed the address in Japanese and English, but no reply.