under defeat world record

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

Well, I hope he continues to update the blog. I'm sure he'll never get the world record, but as someone who sucks at but loves Under Defeat, I'd love to watch him try. I mean, it is funny that his high score is even worse than mine, so I'm trying to encourage him without trying to get his hopes up. I don't think any of the jokes here are completely unwarranted. I mean, it's an exceptional aspiration and it's funny that it's coming from someone that's starting at the bottom, so what's to be expected? For the most part everyone is just picking on the scope of his goal, or simply letting him now how difficult it will be.

I vote don't close the thread because lilmanjs should get to keep his thread where he can keep us posted on his progress. And besides, if he did get the world record, his rags-to-riches(in points) story would be the greatest shmups story ever told!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

jonny5 wrote:
320x240 wrote:The really bad thing about this thread is that some of the worst offenders are regulars. No wonder a lot of the really old timers never seem to post here anymore.
this thread is a joke.....buddy sux at the game but is looking to score the WR

he's asking to get slammed....especially 'scoffing' at real scores set by skilled players.....

should we help further disillusion him by encouraging him?
What is a joke to you (and others) may be serious to some one else…

I suck at every game I play, should I quit to play? I don't want to see someone go through the shit I had gone through here at these very forums. I have sipped the venom of vengence so I don't give a fuck anymore… so I returned with 'tude.

How is he asking to get slammed? He post his high goals. If he will or will not reach them is something that should not be questioned. Don't like the idea of someone shooting for the stars, move on. Leave them be.

I always learned to treat others the way I would like treatment. I also learn to say nothing if I cannot say pleasent things at all…

It is a shame people are quick to poke fun at some one who is not of the cliq… It is a shame people are poke fun at fellow man and degrade them… people in general have become so dispicable.

:roll:
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Sonic R wrote:
jonny5 wrote:
320x240 wrote:The really bad thing about this thread is that some of the worst offenders are regulars. No wonder a lot of the really old timers never seem to post here anymore.

he's asking to get slammed....especially 'scoffing' at real scores set by skilled players.....

I suck at every game I play, should I quit to play? I don't want to see someone go through the shit I had gone through here at these very forums. I have sipped the venom of vengence so I don't give a fuck anymore… so I returned with 'tude.

How is he asking to get slammed? He post his high goals. If he will or will not reach them is something that should not be questioned. Don't like the idea of someone shooting for the stars, move on. Leave them be.

I always learned to treat others the way I would like treatment. I also learn to say nothing if I cannot say pleasent things at all…

It is a shame people are quick to poke fun at some one who is not of the cliq… It is a shame people are poke fun at fellow man and degrade them… people in general have become so dispicable.

Just admit it .. all that went out the window when he started laughing at other players scores (VP1 western WR) and saying he would be better than them in a short time. That Raptor "superplay" wasn't too hot either. He was either asking for it, or trolling.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

the difference is that you , sonicr, seem to know you suck(your words not mine)...

you arent starting threads saying you are going to break world records and laughing at scores set by top players....

on a side note.....why are you always so down on your skills sonicr?
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

jonny5 wrote:the difference is that you , sonicr, seem to know you suck(your words not mine)...

you arent starting threads saying you are going to break world records and laughing at scores set by top players....

I believe at one point he was threatening to LEAVE FOREVAR cause his score got bumped off one of the highscore threads. He's uh .. a little emo :(
Chico

Post by Chico »

dmauro wrote:I vote don't close the thread because lilmanjs should get to keep his thread where he can keep us posted on his progress. And besides, if he did get the world record, his rags-to-riches(in points) story would be the greatest shmups story ever told!

I'd like to read some shmup stories :oops:
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Udderdude wrote:
jonny5 wrote:the difference is that you , sonicr, seem to know you suck(your words not mine)...

I believe at one point he was threatening to LEAVE FOREVAR cause his score got bumped off one of the highscore threads. He's uh .. a little emo :(
thats right....i forgot about that......

its funny too cuz he is a big filipino dude....he doesnt look emo at all.....
Chico

Post by Chico »

I have to put in my 2 cents here. I don't hate this guy because he's going after a world record, I hate him because he's a cocky moron. He said somewhere in a previous post something like "I can watch a video of someone getting a WR and quickly play it just like this". This is just plain ignorant, especially when it comes to shmups. I think he does not realize how hard these records are to achieve. Try this with Ikaruga, or Battle Garegga...
Blinx123

Post by Blinx123 »

I hear you, Cico.

That phrase was the one that absolutely distracted me. Heck, even offended me.

"look people, I'm a very quick learner of games, I watch some videos pratice like 3 hours a day and I can in like say 3 months have a higher score then everyone here. there are some games I'm so good at I can close my eyes and beat the game without looking once."

Especially the middle part is ignorant, yet dumb.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Blinx123 wrote:I hear you, Cico.

That phrase was the one that absolutely distracted me. Heck, even offended me.

"look people, I'm a very quick learner of games, I watch some videos pratice like 3 hours a day and I can in like say 3 months have a higher score then everyone here. there are some games I'm so good at I can close my eyes and beat the game without looking once."

Especially the middle part is ignorant, yet dumb.
yep
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Who ever thought about beating a world record?
I have also thought that on my start in shmups.
Today I was very happy with 80% in a game that I have affinity.
I am not a great player and will never be one, but I feel angry when someone disregards a player themselves can not do better than him.

"Western players can not beat records world because they do not allow themselves to dream about such a achievement."

Chico Xavier

Cool!
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

third_strike wrote: but I feel angry when someone disregards a player themselves can not do better than him.
i might be mis-understanding you, but i think it is safe to say EVERYBODY is better than this guy....

and ya his earlier boasts were fairly offensive....especially to the owners of those scores

im pretty sure if i sat my g/f down in front of this game on my cab she could do better than 500000.....[/b]
Chico

Post by Chico »

third_strike wrote:Who ever thought about beating a world record?
I have also thought that on my start in shmups.
Today I was very happy with 80% in a game that I have affinity.
I am not a great player and will never be one, but I feel angry when someone disregards a player themselves can not do better than him.

"Western players can not beat records world because they do not allow themselves to dream about such a achievement."

Chico Xavier

Cool!
Like I said earlier I do not hate him for 'going for the world record'. I don't look down on others for their lack of skill, I am not a very good shmup player myself. But when you say this..
lilmanjs wrote: I'm one of those people who can watch a video of how to beat a game and I will remember it very well and then bam I will beat the game just as well as the person in the video did.
..about any game, nevermind a score that probably took hundreds of hours to achieve, you're a moron in my book.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

jonny5 wrote: im pretty sure if i sat my g/f down in front of this game on my cab she could do better than 500000.....
I'll try the same with mine.
Lets make a race which g/f gets there first ^^
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

lilmanjs, i have enough of those lies about being better than sikraiken in Viper Phase 1, please show us a score, if you don't, we won't like you :( and we will like call your under defeat world record attempt lame. So yeah, CONSIDER THAT and finally once for all, show VP1 score proof
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

At long last, I did some digging in the guy's photobucket account and found his VP 1 score. All I can say is, WOW!

tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Jockel wrote:
jonny5 wrote: im pretty sure if i sat my g/f down in front of this game on my cab she could do better than 500000.....
I'll try the same with mine.
Lets make a race which g/f gets there first ^^
You can't have gf's! You post in the shmups forums!

Kidding, of course. haha. I'll try it with mine, as well.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

clp

Post by clp »

Sonic R wrote:
jonny5 wrote:

dude you are over serious like no one ive ever witnessed , your to sensitive and are clearly just looking to take some bullshit moral high ground you have , can i ask what the fuck is it like being friends with people like you? dont you ever banter and have a laugh? man i know i do with my peers all the time , since when did poking fun become degrading? youve made that shit up yourself , its all about context man the fact we are having a joke at this guy and even bothering with our time to take notice of all this shows hes been welcomed into the forum community here . Seriously dont be so damn sensitive to everything , its all about context and nothing in this thread has been personally insulting to lilmanjs .Infact by your definition if some geezer is saying hes gonna beat the 100m sprint wr with no practice at all then no one should be able to take the piss? talk is cheap if lilmanj was serious there would be no thread he would be working hard at it everyday he certainly wouldnt be broadcasting it in forum fashion .
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Good luck, don't be too cocky about it though. ;)
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I'm a fast learner myself, but I don't consider myself anywhere near WR-class because of it.
There's a big difference between confidence and illusions of grandeur.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Icarus wrote:I'm a fast learner myself, but I don't consider myself anywhere near WR-class because of it.
There's a big difference between confidence and illusions of grandeur.
3 months of hard play + 500,000 point score <= fast learner :roll:
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

clp wrote:
Sonic R wrote:
jonny5 wrote: this thread is a joke.....buddy sux at the game but is looking to score the WR

dude you are over serious like no one ive ever witnessed , your to sensitive and are clearly just looking to take some bullshit moral high ground you have , can i ask what the fuck is it like being friends with people like you? dont you ever banter and have a laugh? man i know i do with my peers all the time , since when did poking fun become degrading? youve made that shit up yourself , its all about context man the fact we are having a joke at this guy and even bothering with our time to take notice of all this shows hes been welcomed into the forum community here . Seriously dont be so damn sensitive to everything , its all about context and nothing in this thread has been personally insulting to lilmanjs .Infact by your definition if some geezer is saying hes gonna beat the 100m sprint wr with no practice at all then no one should be able to take the piss? talk is cheap if lilmanj was serious there would be no thread he would be working hard at it everyday he certainly wouldnt be broadcasting it in forum fashion .
What is it like to be a friend of me, why not ask the members of these forums whom know of me and who have always been welcome at my home…

But I never clown a person to make them feel like garbage. People in society are treat the next man like shit. All anyone is care about them selves and don't give a fuck less how some one else may feel. Basically being a bully.

So it is funny to joke at a fellow who aims for the stars… leave him be. Should he come up short, so be it. Why be bothered with it. Why be threatened by it. Too much people are to worry about what some one else is doing. I guess people should never set goals of high acheivement because people are quick to clown and poke fun :roll:

Such terrible. People are cut others down to put them selves over…
Lynx Winters

Post by Lynx Winters »

Such terrible indeed.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Sonic R wrote:
can i sig this? :D

and you go on about people bashing this guy for his 'dreams'.....but you seem to forget that this guy basically said he could out score anybody here and laughed at sik's vp1 score......

he is asking for a bashing......its not a matter of belittling somebody...its a matter of putting them in there place and giving them a reality check.....

its obvious this guy has very little experience or skill at shmups......

and im sure you are a nice guy.....just a little too self-deprecating
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

jonny5 wrote:
Sonic R wrote:
can i sig this? :D

and you go on about people bashing this guy for his 'dreams'.....but you seem to forget that this guy basically said he could out score anybody here and laughed at sik's vp1 score......

he is asking for a bashing......its not a matter of belittling somebody...its a matter of putting them in there place and giving them a reality check.....

its obvious this guy has very little experience or skill at shmups......

and im sure you are a nice guy.....just a little too self-deprecating
Let the game give him a reality check. When he comes up short, that can set him "straight". Better to leave him alone and not give him any attention. Let actions speak louder than words. Bashing him is no better than him coming and laughing at someone elses score.

Even sikraiken wishes him luck, but does not give a degrading reply, he even mentions "don't be too cocky about it WINK" but leaves it at that.

I am friend of everyone until I am attacked, and I am still forgiving, maybe that be a character flaw, but I am not in the business of making enemies… I've been bullied my whole life, I don't wish that on anyone.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

but you look like a big dude in the pics i have seen of you....why would you let people bully you?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

jonny5 wrote:but you look like a big dude in the pics i have seen of you....why would you let people bully you?
:oops:
actually I'm not too big… maybe what they say is true that camera adds weight…
My current weight is at 178 lbs. My height is at 6 feet.

When I was in high school, I was about 140-150 lbs… and the same height.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

i didnt mean big as in weight...you look like a large guy...you are actually a bit bigger than me....well...im taller....6ft2 170lbs

dont let people push you around.....

and i still plan on coming to michigan to meet you and the rest of the michigan crew...maybe next summer

gotta sort my passport
henry dark

Post by henry dark »

I used to think these boards were a bit dry and humourless. Thank god for this thread!