Awesome stuff you've just bought (+pics please)

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I went to Disney World for a few days back in December, and while I was there I picked up this addition to my small but growing animation art collection:

It's hand-drawn, and the price was actually fairly reasonable. I really like the way it turned out though.

I've had the Daffy Duck picture for quite a few years now (I got it on closeout when they were closing down the WB Studio Stores,) and the opposite wall has a sericel of Goofy hanging on it. I also have a couple of production cels from a 1990s Pink Panther cartoon, but I haven't ever gotten around to framing those.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Pixel_Outlaw

Post by Pixel_Outlaw »

Awesome!

But seriously can you really put all those The Cheat next to that pic?
Some of the best shmups don't actually end in a vowel.
No, this game is not Space Invaders.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

your house needs a cleaning dude..
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

elf's going digital 8)

Im so excited its finally there.
Thanks so much for Khoa again for a damn fast buying and shipping (all at the same day lol)
Owing him a big one for that :D :D :D
LaserGun

Post by LaserGun »

Well done elf :3

I look forward to seeing all the new pervy art you will be drawing on your DA.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

no more PCBs for me for a while..

the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

:shock: nice one sven....
t0yrobo

Post by t0yrobo »

Nice bike there sven. I've only ever seen one Aprillia on the streets here in the US, I hope I can get my hands on one someday. Most people out here only seem to like Harley's and japanese bikes, no love for the sexy european companies.
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

Didn't buy it all like this, but I paid someone to powder coat it for me.

more pics here
=/
Domino

Post by Domino »

A Pioneer DVL-909 Japanese model. All the models in the US were black while the Japanese/Asia ones were in Gold, and the Europeans ones were in Silver. A duel LD/DVD player that came out back in 1998 when laserdiscs technology was mature and the DVD technology was still young. Plays LDs perfectly and shines over many LD players that were made before the DVL-909 came out. The DVDs, well it was an early first gen DVD player so it reads discs very slowly (but works) and it does have component output, but no 480p (480i only).

So how did I purchase this wonder: Craigslist. These units used goes for $150-$200 without the box, yet I paid $150 for it complete with the box, remote, and manual. Once again this is a Japanese model (actually a Japanese export model, more on that later). The first owner of this was stationed in Japan when he was in the Navy. Lets just say that he wanted the best of both worlds at the time so he purchase this player in Japan. If you look at the box it's in English (even the manual). It's a Japanese export model that was sold only to tourist (or US soldiers) staying in Japan. It wasn't meant to be sold to Japanese people believe it or not (according to the box). So the guy had this player with him on his Navy ship back to the US. The player according to him haven't gotten use that much (and thus the players looks mostly mint and works perfectly). So I wonder how many of these Japanese Export units are in the US with its original box???......

Also important with this model is that it has AC-3 output. If you have LDs that has Dolby Digital/AC-3 soundtracks you can make them run them in 5.1, but it requires a player that outputs AC-3 RF output and a RF demodulator to split the single to 5.1 (all modern DVD/Blu-Ray players have built-in demodulators). With Strider77's help I was able to get the RF demodulator and thus I can run my AC-3 LDs in 5.1 (they were a lot of them, I should pop in True Lies tomorrow since I didn't see that movie forever!!).

So pretty much I have the dream set up that many LD owners want in the end.

More pictures for the hell of it:

The current set up, you'll see a lot of cool stuff.

With over 100 LDs you got to love them, the top row are the live-action movies while the bottom row is all the Anime LDs (and of course Last Action Hero and the Blade Runner briefcase).

More cool stuff.

Honestly I don't want to know how much I spent on all this stuff, but damn it's pretty cool never the less.
croikle

Post by croikle »

Nice wall decorations, too.
Khan

Post by Khan »

sven666 wrote:no more PCBs for me for a while..

I used to own its baby brother the rs125, my friend owned a mille and all I can say is they are very nice bikes :) lovely throaty sound and plenty of push in the low revs. I even thought about buying one last october I was offerered one with a small amount of frontal damage. (I've fixed a few bikes before) but I decided against it asa aprilia parts are really a pain in the ass to find :(
RegalSin wrote:America also needs less Pale and Char Coal looking people and more Tan skinned people since tthis will eliminate the diffrence between dark and light.

Where could I E-mail or mail to if I want to address my ideas and Opinions?
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For Domino,

I do recall that it was possible to buy a CRT-based TV monitor with component video input and display at 480i. Of course, if you did wait awhile, the CRT-based TV monitors with 480p did eventually come out (which meant that you wanted to have a better picture output, you had to upgrade to a newer DVD player with progressive scan output all over again). I have a Sony DVD player that is a high caliber one...the Sony DVP-S570D model with built-in 5.1 Dolby Digital & DTS Encoder (which was a new feature for high-end DVD players at that point in time). The really nice thing is the built-in shuttle jog wheel integrated into the remote itself (and DVD player itself as well)...perfect for those "frame by frame" analisys of anime, movies and whatnot either in forward or reverse. ^_~

I'm just waiting for when the USA region Blu-Ray Recorder dedicated machines finally appear on the market. You might recall when the very first DVD stand-alone recorder machines first arrived in the USA from the likes of Panasonic and Sony, they were priced at $1,000 USD retail. That is considered the "gold standard" starting price point for such 1st generation A/V early adopters. I'd rather wait awhile and get an upgraded BD recorder unit endowed with more features. ^_~

Of course, dedicated Blu-Ray players marked with Region 'A' can play both USA and Japanese Blu-Ray discs without any problems whatsoever (since they are both in NTSC format anyways).

How good is the 1st-gen Japanese Sony Blu-Ray stand-alone recorder machine? (A link would be nice.)

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Hurray for Italian love I have often regretted selling my last bike, I had a yellow 1998 748 bored out to 853cc with a full 54mm exhaust that thing was a ton of fun.
Domino

Post by Domino »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:For Domino,

I do recall that it was possible to buy a CRT-based TV monitor with component video input and display at 480i. Of course, if you did wait awhile, the CRT-based TV monitors with 480p did eventually come out (which meant that you wanted to have a better picture output, you had to upgrade to a newer DVD player with progressive scan output all over again). I have a Sony DVD player that is a high caliber one...the Sony DVP-S570D model with built-in 5.1 Dolby Digital & DTS Encoder (which was a new feature for high-end DVD players at that point in time). The really nice thing is the built-in shuttle jog wheel integrated into the remote itself (and DVD player itself as well)...perfect for those "frame by frame" analisys of anime, movies and whatnot either in forward or reverse. ^_~

I'm just waiting for when the USA region Blu-Ray Recorder dedicated machines finally appear on the market. You might recall when the very first DVD stand-alone recorder machines first arrived in the USA from the likes of Panasonic and Sony, they were priced at $1,000 USD retail. That is considered the "gold standard" starting price point for such 1st generation A/V early adopters. I'd rather wait awhile and get an upgraded BD recorder unit endowed with more features. ^_~

Of course, dedicated Blu-Ray players marked with Region 'A' can play both USA and Japanese Blu-Ray discs without any problems whatsoever (since they are both in NTSC format anyways).

How good is the 1st-gen Japanese Sony Blu-Ray stand-alone recorder machine? (A link would be nice.)

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Interesting facts. Nowadays it would be nuts to use the DVL-909 for DVDs, I just use my Blu-Ray player to upscan the video to 1080p.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

mrtie wrote:
Hurray for Italian love I have often regretted selling my last bike, I had a yellow 1998 748 bored out to 853cc with a full 54mm exhaust that thing was a ton of fun.
cool! the way the pound is right now im actually concidering saving up for a 748 or 916 track bike, they run about £2000 in the UK wich is a bargain imo, they can still be fairly competitive on the tracks here too (they are nowhere near the european standard)

its either that or im thinking of getting a custom supercharger (not a turbo!) for the aprilia, boosts the power to about 195bhp on the backwheel and its really reliable too and doesnt wear the bike down much at all! :D
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Just preordered this awesome statue. I'm salivating on my keyboard at the moment. ;)
lewisit

Post by lewisit »

I won the auction for this Playstation Paddle controller today on eBay:

I sooo hope that it'll work in Mame with one of my PS1 to USB converters!

*Arkanoid - here I (finally) come* 8)
PC Engine Fan X!

For lewisit,

I've got one of the Japanese Namco versions of that PSX paddle controller with all-white colored body shell and gray colored push buttons. The paddle itself, is colored red. Works like a charm on the PSX games that do support it. Btw, Namco never did officially release this paddle controller in the USA. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Jockel wrote:Image
Just preordered this awesome statue. I'm salivating on my keyboard at the moment. ;)
here dude, youll need these ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-6-Pair-of-BA ... dZViewItem

..go easy on her will ya..
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

shes not a fuckpillow :<<<<
Lordstar

Post by Lordstar »

sven666 wrote:
Jockel wrote:Image
here dude, youll need these ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-6-Pair-of-BA ... dZViewItem

..go easy on her will ya..
Dude technicaly due to ebay rules your now allowed to sell used nickers
:-p

on another note how much is that Rico? I aodre max factorys work there stuff is great and . . . . I am a fan of the loli :oops:
Follow me on twitter for tees and my ramblings @karoshidrop
shmups members can purchase here http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21158
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

should be around 80-90€ (you could've klicked the picture)
Lordstar

Post by Lordstar »

Jockel wrote:should be around 80-90€ (you could've klicked the picture)
I could not see the price (I assure you im not that retarded but aparentley looking with my eyes and not my arse is a skill I lack) Too pricey for me just now but I will get me one of these in a fe months for sure. I think i would rather own this one over the trigger heart chick. I do need that too though . . .. GAAAAH I HATE MY LOVE OF THE VINYL FIGURES! CURSE YOU TO HELLZ!
Follow me on twitter for tees and my ramblings @karoshidrop
shmups members can purchase here http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21158
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Yeah, i hear you :<
Feel the same about it, but it's really hard to get them at a decent price.
jpj

Post by jpj »

lewisit: awesome! i had the same controller bundled with my puchi carat on psx :)

although everyone laughed at me because it looked like a dimmer switch :oops:
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
PC Engine Fan X!

jpj wrote:lewisit: awesome! i had the same controller bundled with my puchi carat on psx :)

although everyone laughed at me because it looked like a dimmer switch :oops:
Oh it's definitely better than a dimmer switch alrighty. ^_~
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

good job on the reko preorder jockel. go treat her well please :o :o :o
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Lordstar wrote: . . . . I am a fan of the loli :oops:
Isn't that like admitting to enjoying sexually provocative illustrated imagery of young children?

Listen to yourself man, what's the world coming to! :D
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

THIS is the best venyl ass ever, though.

if id offer 80 dollars for it you ask? yes i would!
birdie but is the absolute win