Puzzle & Dragons

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
guigui

Re: Puzzle & Dragons

Post by guigui »

Geist wrote:Can´t seem to beat Indigo on Challenge 8, died again on my 2nd try with Urd...
Don´t even wanna use Ra here... time to move on.
Meanwhile, I died 3 times in a row at Challenge 6. All 3 game over were my fault, how comes I cannot combo more than 4 on a 7x6 board ?
Necronopticous wrote:The absolute worst offender is Ilsix, but Yamato Rush is up there, too.
Hum, Ilsix. Question I fear knowing the answer but ask nonetheless : if I burst Ilsix down to 1HP, then he regen for 50% of his HP, and his resolve triggers again, right ?
Geist wrote: Awoken Pandora vs. Cruel Bleak Night Goddess, Pandora?

Which one does it for you?
Well, I start to think that should be uuevo for me. Indeed, I do not have Haku but have Zuoh as board changer, so that my ALuci team will certainly be :
Luci / Zuoh / Pandora / Akechi / Yomidra

Zuoh has 0 RCV, that will be balanced by the mega RCV of uuevo Panda.
Without Panda, this team already has 10 dark rows, so loosing the additional from APanda does not seem that big a deal.
Finally, I dont think I'll miss the LS form APanda that much since she and ALuci look like they play almost the same.
Please tell me if I missed something that should make me chose APanda nonetheless.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Hum, Ilsix. Question I fear knowing the answer but ask nonetheless : if I burst Ilsix down to 1HP, then he regen for 50% of his HP, and his resolve triggers again, right ?
You're damn right it does. The worst part is that even if you do manage to squeeze him into the slim 1-30% killable range he uses an obnoxious series of moves which deals huge damage, fills a third of the board with jammers, and locks them down in one fell swoop. This makes it extremely difficult to make the killing strike on that next turn, and if you don't he one-shots you. This guy said it best.
Awoken Pandora vs. Cruel Bleak Night Goddess, Pandora?
If you have the right team Awoken Pandora is absolutely the better leader, and probably one of the better leaders in the game right now. I have been choosing her over Awoken Ra, Yomi Dragon, and Awoken Yomi in a lot of cases lately. The long and short of it is that she matches the outstanding damage potential of other top-tier leads and can also take hits that many of them can not. I've been running this team:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/simulat ... 99.99.99.8

Weakness here being no bind resist, so plan accordingly.

With super ult Pandora you've got amazing RCV, extra time extend, extra TPA damage, and an active that's 1 CD less. I will personally be using her as a sub for Awoken Pandora.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

guigui wrote:Please tell me if I missed something that should make me chose APanda nonetheless.
Both forms are fine as subs but I am personally inclined to go with Awoken Pandora because I like her higher HP and the haste on her active. The lower RCV can kind of be compensated for by just comboing hard. I'd also like to leave the prospect of running an Awoken Pandora team in the future open.

But you know, it just occurred to me that you have Nephthys, and I'm going to suggest that you consider running her instead of Pandora, like this. I would describe her as a hybrid between Eschamali and Awoken Loki. This article explains it in detail, but after a certain number of row enhance awakenings (generally 8~10), adding more row enhance awakenings brings diminishing returns. At this point it's better to stack orb enhance awakenings instead. This is why Eschamali is so sought-after: She adds 7 orb enhance awakenings all by herself. Nephthys brings the team's number of enhanced dark orb awakenings up to 5, meaning that the damage of each row of 6 enhanced dark orbs will increase by 70%. The actives of Akechi and Nephthys enhance all dark orbs, so you'll be able to take full advantage of this often. Nephthys' active also increases dark attribute damage by 1.5 for one turn, which will help burst down bosses with huge amounts of HP.

And not to forget, Nephthys also has a lot of RCV. :P

(I kind of wish I had her now since I don't think I'm going to pull Eschamali any time soon.)
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I don't know exactly why, but the last couple of days I've gotten extremely lucky with skill ups while clearing some of the fodder out of my box:

2/3 to max out my ROdin
2/4 on Fuma Kotaro
2/5 on Kushinada
2/5 on I&I

I am now just a few +HP eggs from having my primary Shivadra team on my alt completely hypermaxed.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
guigui

Post by guigui »

Congrats on the skill up, Vexorg, this is always nice when this occurs. My Rodin went 0/4, which hurts a lot.
Aisha, thanks for the tip about Nephthys, I will consider her and did awoken Pandora, I love the roses too much after all.
Today was Dark Jewel farming, 3 out of 11 runs, not bad.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Geist

Post by Geist »

guigui wrote: Meanwhile, I died 3 times in a row at Challenge 6. All 3 game over were my fault, how comes I cannot combo more than 4 on a 7x6 board ?
It also took me 3 attempts, first try I got hit by a Meteor, didn´t see that one coming; 2nd time I triggered Karin´s danger zone...
Then Echidna and Cao Cao for the win. :)
Necronopticous wrote:If you have the right team Awoken Pandora is absolutely the better leader.
Yeah, I agree. I don´t really need the 2nd time extend from her UUVO since she won't be a good sub for my main leads (Urd/Ra/Sakuya) who would benefit greatly from such awakening. The fact that my Bleak Panda never liked the numerous Cattleyas I fed her, makes it even easier to ditch her level 2 AS...

Potential team candidates are: A.Pandora - [ Ronia - Hanzo ] - A. Loki - A. Hades - A. Haku - UVO Nephthys -Vampire Duke - Beelze -// Goetia - Kurone

Nowhere near as OP as your god tier team but, better than nothing I suppose.
___
The funny thing is that I could also do something with my patiently waiting Sun WuKong:

8*WuKong - Saria - Ilm - Valk Rose - King Baal // Da Qiao - Verche - Apollo

Light or dark, I really don´t care as long as the burst is there. :wink:
___

Managed to max skill LKali with 15 Angelits, 1/5, 2/5, max/5. :D
Then 0/5 Sumire... boy what a disappointment...
Though, Ilm is also max-skill now, thanks to the PreDra dungeon.
I was gonna go for full rainbow DMG reduction 'latents' on my Ra, but the light one didn't wanna drop in 16 runs...

Enjoy the new Challenge Dungeons guys.
cheers
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I think I skilled up my LKali almost entirely with Shynpys, which i had accumulated a fair number of at one point since I don't really use any light teams right now. I think I have five Badpys in my box as well, but I'll probably end up using those on Awoken Haku once I have one after I use up my supply of dark spirit jewels. R/G/B Pys generally get used pretty quickly on my teams; light and dark not so much.

Speaking of Spirit Jewels, it looks like the Descended challenge has spirit jewel invades all over the place for those of you who need to stock up.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I've just been working my way down the list of descended challenges. It's taking forever because it feels like they threw almost every descend in the game into this. I still have 11 left to go, the ones between Two Heroes and Zeus Mercury. The only ones I'm not going to do are Scarlet, Nordis, and Tengu. Bastet might actually be able to handle Nordis so maybe I'll try later, but Scarlet is almost surely out of the question and I don't have another team that can clear it yet. And Tengu just has a ridiculous dungeon restriction that they've done away with on JP but not on other regions yet. :?

Between the Latent TAMADRA haul from the PreDRA Infestation the other day and the descended challenge rewards, I'll have two of each type of damage reduction latents. I'm thinking of giving one set to Verdandi because I use her in multiple teams, and the other set to someone on my Lucifer team, but I haven't decided who yet, but possibly to Lucifer himself so that my friends can take advantage of them too.

EDIT: I was able to clear Nordis with Bastet after all. It went pretty smoothly but I don't think I can clear it consistently with her. She needs 3 or 4 quality wood boards in a row to clear the last three floors, so there's plenty of opportunity to get screwed there.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Done lately :

- Cleared 23/25 previous descended challenge. Left Tengu and Scarlet behind. No Blue Globe, no Badpy for me.

- Tried some skill up for my new 6* GFE Sylvie : 0/6. Of course, she eats Green Dragon Fruit for skill up, welcome to Thursday Mythical Hell again.

- Tried some skill up for my new Perseus : 2/4. But those fairies are hard to come by in Wood Carnival.

- Spent my monday farming Tier 1 Technical dungeons. Yes ! Those drop Ogres that now skill up the Riders. It is nice to get 2 skill up fodders per 10 stamina.

- Asked myself which team I should work on : ALuci, APanda, Saria, Lakshmi ? Did not decide yet.

- Counted that I need 96 TAMADRAS, should not have done that.

- Restrained myself from buying 2 Skill Delay Resist latents just to give them to A.Ra and cheese the Z8 dungeon. 45K xp for 20 stamina is so attractive...
Would you do it ? I'm not sure, but the fact that I do not plan on buying a 2 turn haste Dragon( Shiva or Neptune) makes me think Skill Delay Latents will not find a better place than A.Ra.

I cannot stop playing this game.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I'm liking the new shorter 3-battle Challenge dungeons, mostly because they reward skill-ups and give me a good chance to try out my all hypermax Shivadra team. Beat level 9 for the first time on my alt this go-around, stuck on 10 though.

It's looking like the latest challenge dungeon is going to be another total RNG-fest, same as the Noah Tournament was. Bring plenty of TPAs...
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I've been running Dark Liege in Alt. Talos's of the Abyss non-stop for Badpys. Only got one so far, and I still need 3 more to reach my goal of 17. 1/2 Stamina actually makes things worse because it lets me run it more and it's mind-numbing.

The No Actives restriction on the current ranking dungeon makes it come down to total luck and it's very frustrating. I've only had one good run so far. No Awokens sucks too but at least you can go in with a strong leader skill and use actives to compensate. I'll be happy if I can just secure the Badpy.

In other news, I finally finished my Shiva team. No +Egg investment, but everyone's max-skilled. I've also recently decided that my next project will be this water team. I don't have a particular goal in mind for this team; I just don't have a water team yet and it would be nice to have a team for each color. The exact composition is still up in the air: I need to decide between Awoken Karin and another Ryune. I also wish I had a Hermes that I could use instead of Hatsume.
guigui wrote:Restrained myself from buying 2 Skill Delay Resist latents just to give them to A.Ra and cheese the Z8 dungeon. 45K xp for 20 stamina is so attractive...
Would you do it ? I'm not sure, but the fact that I do not plan on buying a 2 turn haste Dragon( Shiva or Neptune) makes me think Skill Delay Latents will not find a better place than A.Ra.
Single Player will eventually be removed as an option for Multiplayer Dungeons, and the Legend Plus versions of Zaerog Infinity and the other rogue dungeons, as well as the rushes, will be moved to the Coin Dungeon section. So spending a ton of MP on a couple of Skill Delay Resists just to make grinding rank in Zaerog Infinity a little easier is something that you'll most likely only be able to take advantage of this one time. Another thing is that if rank is what you're after, Metalits will soon become the Monday dungeon. (By the way, if anyone hasn't cleared the multiplayer Alt. dungeons yet, take the opportunity to clear them under 1/2 stamina for easy stones, because they'll be moving to the Technical section.)

I think the most popular strategy for Skill Delay Resist latents is to put them on something with haste, like Yomi Dragon, Awoken Haku, or Shiva Dragon. The idea is that if something increases the cool-down timers of your team, you can counter with haste get your actives back up either immediately or after one or two turns. If I ever get my hands on a couple of Skill Delay Resist latents, I plan to put them on Yomi Dragon.
guigui

Post by guigui »

I also love the 3 battles challenges, have yet to clear levels 8 and 9, too many things to do this week.

Aisha, thank you for reasoning me about Skill Delay Resist. I do not need ranks that much, but would love the skill ups on Z8. Other opportunities will come.
I have already cleared the Alt. Technical in multiplayer.
What is the appeal of the 3 days Lightless Devils' Nest, apart from stone and TAMADRA ?
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Lightless Devil's Nest is an old survey dungeon, it probably made more sense to run it back when vampires were still common subs on devil teams. These days I'd say it's pretty much a stone and Tama.
Jon

Post by Jon »

^^^Stone only as it appears that ranking doesn't apply when it's a multiplayer dungeon. I was looking forward to that Tamadra for my LKalis last awakening, oh well.

Those latent Tamadras are really starting to take up box space so I finally started fusing them. Time extends for ABastet and I took a page out of Necro's playbook and gave Ra the full rainbow elemental resist treatment. I am at a bit of a loss on what to do with my +HP and auto-recover ones though. I am thinking that for me to get the most out of them I should apply them to monsters that already have substantial HP or auto-healing abilities rather than those lacking. Maybe Awoken Ammy or one of the Archangels for auto heal and Blue Sonia for imp. HP?
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

Auto-heal latent awakenings are very ineffective, but if you really want to use them then give them to a card with high base RCV. The amount of HP recovered by one auto-heal latent awakening is equal to 3% of the monster's base RCV, so you get very little back after each turn. As for +HP latent awakenings, each one increases HP by 1.5% of the monster's base HP, so giving them to a monster with a lot of HP will usually let you get the most out of them. However, if your team has a leader skill like Urd's where the HP of water attribute cards is increased by 35%, for example, then giving the +HP latents to a water card even though it might not have the highest HP in the team might result in higher overall team HP once everything is multiplied out. (This is assuming that leader skills take HP added by latent awakenings into account.)

Anyone pulling in the upcoming Godfests? Day 1 is Archangels and Mechanical Star Gods 2, while the second day is Japanese 1 and Mechanical Star Gods 2 again. I'm sitting this one out. I might have opened up the wallet on day 2 because I need Viper Orochi and Susano, but the Steel Star Gods being excluded on that day ruins it for me completely. I might pull while the Director's Carnival is in effect instead, in hopes of a dark, blue, or green valkyrie.
Geist

Post by Geist »

I was gonna resist... but I needed the MP :wink:

Verdandi #2 - MP?
Raphael :mrgreen: 5 row sub for Saria
Cerberus Rider - MP
CyberDragon Shedar#2 - MP
Dark Dragon Knight - MP
Fuma#2 - MP
GOdin#2 - 15k MP :o
Ilm#2- 50k MP :o
DQXQ #2 :D Will keep her for 2nd UVO
Thumbellina - MP
CyberBeast Leonis#2 - MP
Tsubaki :)
Fuma#3 - MP

After cleaning out my inbox from unwanted and unused cards the Mighty Dragon is finally within reach. :D

It was super fun to clear the old game content with my Urd/Verdandi, but with the advent of new harder content it is about time to set the focus on stronger leads and their respective subs. Let's hope that the next +egg x10 in descended dungeons event will return soon, as I really would like to hypermax my MP Drake asap...

Other than that I finally managed to beat Indigo with A. Sakuya, cleared all of the tier 1 "1 Player" co-op dungeons for easy stones, fed my Awoken Panda some Badpy and max-skilled my 2 Liu Beis. Also, got some random skill-ups and even one single Badpy from the "ALT" co-op dungeons. Now I am onto the 1 Player Rush dungeons while the 1/2 Stamina event is still active, and then there are the special dungeons, which still remain uncleared... :oops: I wish I had a Bastet as I really fancy a Volsung.
cheers
Jon

Post by Jon »

Well if it was MP you were after you did damn good and that Rapheal is one hell of a bonus. What dragon have you settled on? I have been doing some serious thinking now that I'm about 20K shy of the 300,000 mark and my available subs are saying Yomi. Will probably buy next time she comes into rotation.

Geist, if you have the space and want someone who can run Awoken Thor for your Saria please add me:
331,650,356. I have no friends that play her and my light based row team is slowly nearing completion.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I rolled twice yesterday. I got shining dragon swordsman and Alcyone.
Geist

Post by Geist »

Jon wrote:What dragon have you settled on? ...

Geist, if you have the space and want someone who can run Awoken Thor for your Saria please add me:
331,650,356. I have no friends that play her and my light based row team is slowly nearing completion. ...
Yomi it is indeed. :)
Shiva Dragon is also nice for speed farming, but that's not me (still mostly non-IAP), and Ra Dragon might be too challenging for constant use as it needs all 6 attributes to proc the LS; my hypermax A. Ra still gets the job done, (if I don't run out of time or mess up otherwise, that is :wink: )

BTW, here is a pretty informative MP dragon analysis, you might wanna check it out too:

http://mantasticpad.com/2016/02/25/mons ... #more-2790

re: adding
Would have added all of you guys by now but it seems I am the only EU player here... and I don´t think cross server friend requests are possible.
cheers
guigui

Post by guigui »

Geist wrote: Would have added all of you guys by now but it seems I am the only EU player here... and I don´t think cross server friend requests are possible.
IIRC, Cagar here is also an EU player.

Edit : all of you have already lived this, but it relieves me to let it all out. Skill up figures those last 4 days :
- Sylvie : 2 green trifruits out of 13 runs, 0/2 skillup
- LKali : 3 angelits out of 9 runs, 0/3 skillup
- Perseus : 3 fairies out of 19 runs (yes, 19 runs, 16 chasers), 0/3 skillup
Bye bye 1860 stamina. Will I persist and run Wood Carnival again sunday ?!
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I pulled once and got a Leonis. I wish it was a dupe so I could let myself sell it.

Not much is going on; this event has been pretty uneventful for me. I spent some time clearing out the collab dungeons in the Coin Dungeon section (Groove Coaster was pretty neat), but other than that it has been fruitless Dark Liege farming. The Cath Palugs on nearly every other floor in there make it very frustrating because they have a 1-turn skill delay preemptive, so it's easy to run out of orbs and lose. Fatigue that comes from grinding the same dungeon over and over certainly doesn't help either.

I think I will devote next week to gathering evolution materials for my water team.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I ended up doing two rolls on each account. My main ended up with Hamal and a dupe Archangel Michael. My alt ended up with a LMeta (dupe, sold for MP) and a Kirin, which I think I have three of on my other account but didn't have on this one.

Groove Coaster has been one of my favorite collabs, mostly because I really like the music and alternate sound effects in it. I remember running it quite a bit the last time it came around (which was well over a year ago) to skill up my Ares and because it had an unusually high XP to stamina ratio at the time (not sure if that still holds up now though.)
Jon

Post by Jon »

guigui wrote:all of you have already lived this, but it relieves me to let it all out. Skill up figures those last 4 days :
- Sylvie : 2 green trifruits out of 13 runs, 0/2 skillup
- LKali : 3 angelits out of 9 runs, 0/3 skillup
- Perseus : 3 fairies out of 19 runs (yes, 19 runs, 16 chasers), 0/3 skillup
Bye bye 1860 stamina. Will I persist and run Wood Carnival again sunday ?!
I was going to completely avoid shit like this by saving my precious twinlits for when the fabled 3x skill up rate came to town. Its still early on but things have gone great so far:

0/5 LKali
0/5 DKali
:(

At least I finally max skilled Akechi earlier in week.
guigui

Post by guigui »

^^
Good, sharing with others is the first step to acceptance.

For now, the 3x rate resulted in 7/19 various skillups for me, including 2/5 on Sylvie, and 2/2 on LKali. Now hope for you to finish yours this event.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

guigui's Bastet was a hero and saved me with her rainbow resist latents from Zaerog's Zero Blast (-100% gravity) in C9. :D I had a feeling that might happen which is why I brought her along. Also, I think C9 had the last Badpy I need, but I'll have to count them up to be sure.

I don't really have any major skill up projects to work on so I'll probably just let this 3x opportunity go to waste. I threw whatever skill-up materials I had lingering in my box at Ryune, Gadius, and light Kali, and went something like 0/9 across all of them.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

If I need to work on skill-ups for anything right now it would be Awoken Leilan, but I currently have tons of every spirit jewel in my box except for red. On the plus side, I did get a skill-up out of the one red jewel I did have...
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

Ugh dilemma: Yomi Dragon should be available in the Monster Store in a day or so, and I was prepared to buy it right away, but just the other day, a new MP series was announced: http://pad.gungho.jp/member/lineup/1603 ... nster.html She's based on one of the Four Noble Plants in Chinese art, which suggests that there are three more cards to come. So now I don't feel totally comfortable making a purchase until I see them all. :?
Geist

Post by Geist »

Yeah, you'd better wait for those plump plum blossoms... :lol:

Gonna stone Training Path later to hopefully finish off my 297 fodder.
After eating 13 KOGs Tsubaki's Scarlet Sun shines on forever. 8)

Also, started playing Hearthstone.... #feelsbadman
cheers
guigui

Post by guigui »

Aisha wrote:Ugh dilemma: Yomi Dragon should be available in the Monster Store in a day or so, and I was prepared to buy it right away, but just the other day, a new MP series was announced: http://pad.gungho.jp/member/lineup/1603 ... nster.html She's based on one of the Four Noble Plants in Chinese art, which suggests that there are three more cards to come. So now I don't feel totally comfortable making a purchase until I see them all. :?
Same here. But I'm waiting to buy a dragon for so long, and I find my PAD playstyle to be stalling, that I'll certainly get Yomidra anyway.
Plus, I have 350K MP, some dupes GFE stored, am hoarding stones like crazy for next Player's Choice GF, so that maybe I'll be close to another 300K MP when the new serie comes here.

Geist, Hearthstone is not that bad. I remember playing a lot of MTG when time was mended.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

We'll be waiting a little longer since the next MP Store rotation is Ra Dragon and Neptune Dragon. :lol: Those two were available not too long ago so I was sure Yomi Dragon was next. The next rotation after tomorrow's will be on 04/15 so it's not too long of a wait.

I'm sitting on around 200 stones right now; I think I'm saving them for the next Godfest with 4x GFE rates, but I'm not sure. On the other hand, the Bleach collab is coming to NA (and probably EU) and I have my eye on Rukia. She plays exactly like Awoken Bastet, but her leader skill is leagues better: 2.25x unconditional ATK and RCV for water attribute cards, 16x ATK at 7 combos and 25x ATK at 8 combos. 56.26x ATK total. Key subs would Awoken Viper Orochi and Scheat with 4 and 5 TPAs respectively, which I'd have to roll too, but still... As a Bastet player I'm jealous.
guigui

Post by guigui »

So, what is interesting this week apart of running Sowilo like crazy ?
I put Goemon up if some want to push-button farm Tengu 30 stamina, but it does not seem to give me more friends invite. Maybe I'll remove him.

I was also wondering, does the discounted price on the MP shop (JP only for now) also affect MP dragons ? If yes, maybe it is worth waiting a bit to buy moaaar love.
On the subject of MP, Orchid looks like a beast.