Puzzle & Dragons

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Aisha

Re: Puzzle & Dragons

Post by Aisha »

I probably won't pull. What I want most are GFEs. The only featured pantheon card I want is a second Haku so that I can make an Awoken Haku without having to undo my max-skilled D/D one. The pantheon I'm most looking forward to coming back is Japanese 1 so I can try getting a Susano to put the finishing touches on my Bastet, Verdandi, and Sakuya teams. I wouldn't mind a Viper Orochi either since he's very useful in certain situations.

In the meantime, Awoken Archdemon Lucifer went live a few hours ago and I just made one since I had all the materials prepared beforehand. I'm going to run Awoken Archdemon Lucifer - D/D Haku - Akechi Mitsuhide - Yomi Dragon - Awoken Loki - Awoken Archdemon Lucifer. When finished, this team should enable me to clear Arena 1 and 2 with good consistency. The big decision I have to make is whether to buy Yomi Dragon now or wait a little longer, because there's a feeling in the air that they're going to introduce a new MP series sooner than later (possibly on the live stream next week celebrating the 4th anniversary of the game).
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Think I'm going to pass on the Godfest this time around. The pantheons are good, but I think I have the ones that are useful to me in each one already. Osiris might be nice for the Verdandi team on my alt, but that's about it. On my main, the most useful thing I might pull out of it would be Urd, but the odds seem bad.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Rolled all 25 of my stones today:

Got

Exa hydra (why do the z monsters suck so much)
Cyberbeast Leonis (?)
Archangel Gabrial (?)
Set (hey, something for my shiva team)
A second archangel Gabrial ( :( )

With the addition of Set, I'll have 15 TPAs on my awoken shiva team (including friend's awoken shiva),
but I still don't have a real damage dealer on my awoken bastet team; for the time being my shiva team is fairly far ahead of my bastet team.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Those are pretty good rolls I'd say.
Set is certainly good for Shiva, but his active is kind of meh. Kagutsuchi looks better, do you have him ? 15 TPAs is definitely more than needed to burst everything.
Archangel Gabriel is a good Lakshmi sub, and a good leader on her own to form a tanky blue team.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I don't have Kagutsuchi or Lakshmi unfortunately.

I probably should take a look at all the random blue cards I have and see if I can put a team together with them; I still don't have a blue team...
Jon

Post by Jon »

My Shiva team is coming along but is in desperate need of good orb changers. I have Gadius, Yamato....and that's about it. Would kill for an Urd, Red Valk or mini Chiyome.

I have enough stones for a few rolls but I'm not sure if I'll take the plunge on day one. I have all 3K gods (barring the Guan Yu's) but only have Osiris from Egypt 2. I did roll once on my alt. and got Scheat.
Geist

Post by Geist »

Hey, hope you all are doing alright!

It amazes me how GungHo keeps the game interesting to the casuals and hardcore players alike...
Really like the quicker stamina refill, the absurd amount of new cards/tweaks and of course the multiplayer dungeons.
The only problem I have with the ever so growing variety of new cards is that it makes it somewhat harder to obtain the very special GFE cards you´ve been really looking for. // DKali, LKali //

Gamewise, I am quiet happy right now, my teams are capable of clearing almost everything they come across. Though I haven´t fully checked out multiplayer/ranking dungeons yet; only farmed the New Year dungeon for Himiko, as she makes a great Gadius supp especially in combination with a Red Sonia.

Godfest is live again and because you cannot farm a Kali, I tried my luck:

:arrow: NYEM Kaguya Hime - MP (my only New Year pull)
:arrow: Dino Rider - MP
:arrow: Sasuke - got all the Sengoku cards now except for Chiyome
:arrow: Haku - :) only MeiMei is missing now; could use her as a lead or sub atm. HAPPY
:arrow: Blue Knight, Muse - at first I thought of it as a fake gold, but actually this one is a winner. 2.5x God ATK boost.
Funfact: Been farming his skill-up ("Ocean Demon") dungeon for CaoCao skill-ups, but didn´t keep the Muse skill ups...
well, except for one, which is skill-level 5 now... :lol: Good thing is that the dungeon will be here for another week, so there is literally no excuse to not max-skilling him.
:arrow: CyberDragon, Sadamelik #2 - MP
:arrow: Sun Quan #2 - LuBu was desired and would have completed the Pantheon.
:arrow: Orange Dragonbound, Saria - :) She will complete my Gadius team / or could go on a future Ilm team.
:arrow: Amon - :) 3 blue Rows, perfect supp for my Awoken Karin team, which is also complete now.
:arrow: Genie - probably MP

Haku, Saria, Amon and Muse are definitely good pulls after a lot of recent GF bad luck...

Do you guys actually keep all semi-good cards, I am talking about series like,
CyberDragons,
CyberBeast,
Sengoku,
Elementals,
Sticker Girls,
, or do you sell everything "not-it-use" for that one big n´scary MP dragon?
cheers
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

@cave hermit: Awoken Idunn&Idunna x Returning-Claw Blue Dragonbound, Ryune is popular right now. If you have either of those, then both of your Gabriels could find a home on such a team.
Geist wrote:Do you guys actually keep all semi-good cards, I am talking about series like,
CyberDragons,
CyberBeast,
Sengoku,
Elementals,
Sticker Girls,
, or do you sell everything "not-it-use" for that one big n´scary MP dragon?
Of these series, I just keep one of each and sell the rest. For pantheon cards, GFEs, and so on, I keep 2-3 copies of each, because they have or will have multiple evolutions to choose from. However, if we look towards the future, it will no longer be that straight-forward because they are working on adding a skill transfer system to the game. Players will be able to transfer an active skill from one card to another, destroying the donor card in the process. The recipient card will end up with two active skills. So once this gets added to the game, you'll have to decide whether a card's active skill is worth more than its value in MP.
guigui

Post by guigui »

I did 9 out of my 24 rolls saved, not very good for now, but I'll come back to it later.
Now for the Muse skill up : 0/8, then 3 master runs where Blue Bowl did not drop. Is that real ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Geist

Post by Geist »

The skill-transfer sounds very interesting;
it is kinda intriguing that GH is going for these designer hybrid cards. :o PAD Crafting!

Let´s hope that these cards don´t come with too many strings attached, e.g. high fusion/team costs, dungeon restrictions, decrease of max-skill-level, or other #star/cost prerequisites to qualify.

I´d also like to know whether Chibi cards are eligible for transfer or not, and about the possibility to erase/overwrite the inherited skill with another one... Guess, we will find out about it sooner or later.

Next level: Awoken Skill Customs (TM) 8)

Gui: :P , yeah you really need to grind it out... after max-skilling my 2 Cao Caos, Firons seem to drop twice on every run now... // Good Luck with your pulls
cheers
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I pulled once and got a Baal. He seems like just a simple orb changer for light row teams, with nice awakenings.
Geist wrote:Let´s hope that these cards don´t come with too many strings attached, e.g. high fusion/team costs, dungeon restrictions, decrease of max-skill-level, or other #star/cost prerequisites to qualify.
The main caveat that they revealed so far is that the cool-down of the original skill is added to the cool-down of the transferred skill. So for example, if you wanted to give dark Kali's skill (Orb Transformation, 7 turns) to Awoken Isis (Quick Guard, 3 turns), the cool-down of Orb Transformation would become 10 turns. You can see the result here. This makes some combinations of skills undesirable. The other catch is that using one skill in battle resets the cool-downs for both skills. This is all subject to change though, but I'm pretty sure they'll release the final details sometime this week.

The biggest question I have is whether or not we'll be able to take skills off skill-up fodder. :lol:
guigui

Post by guigui »

Ok, rolls. Only the one followed by ! have an interest for me. Overall pretty bad Godfest this time around, now to wait 3 months hoarding stones again :

1. Zweihander
2. Marine Rider
3. Salamander
4. Gadius
5. Karin !
6. Belial !
7. Zuoh
8. Fuma Kotaro
9. Angelious
10. Green Sonia !
11. FA Lucifer ! Now I'm part of teh hype
12. Verdandi (5th)
13. Grimrock
14. Belial
15. Ivory Dragon
16. Dino Rider
17. Zuoh
18. Famiel
19. Dark Dragon Swordman
20. Verdandi (6th, still no Urd or Skuld)
21. Claymore
22. Dark Grape Dragon
23. Australis
24. Australis

At least now I have enough MP in my box to buy an Dragon.
Aisha, will you buy Yomi Dragon before it leaves shop tonight ? If yes, and because you are my guidance, I might do the same. I'm of course torn apart : buy or wait for new set to be announced ?
Geist

Post by Geist »

Aisha wrote:The biggest question I have is whether or not we'll be able to take skills off skill-up fodder. :lol:

This would be a game breaker... I am pretty sure that only REM cards will qualify, bound to be that way.
guigui wrote: At least now I have enough MP in my box to buy an Dragon.
If you are unsure about buying that dragon, don´t do it! Just my 2 cents....
cheers
guigui

Post by guigui »

I want to buy Yomi Dragon since I already own Akechi, Okuninushi, FA Lucifer, Pandora. Dont have any doubt regarding Yomidra vs other current MP Dragons.
The only doubt comes from what might come in the future...
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I haven't yet decided if I'll buy one this cycle or not. I'm not in a rush. My Lucifer team still needs experience, awakenings, and skill-ups, and until I have that all done, Yomi Dragon would just be sitting in my box collecting dust. And before I get started on that, I still have to finish my Shiva team, which still has a tiny bit left to go. By the time I'm actually ready for Yomi Dragon, I'm sure it will have rotated back to the store at least once.

Something new is always going to come. It's like buying computer hardware; yeah if you wait a few more months you might be able to get better components or better prices, but eventually you just have to say fuck it and commit. :P I think even if a new dark MP card were to be announced, it's unlikely that it will fill the same role as Yomi Dragon in an FA Lucifer team. Its primary reason for being there is to clear binds. It's the best option so far, especially if you factor in its active skill and awakenings. Yomi Dragon is also an easy 36x leader that shares a few subs with FA Lucifer.

Another thing to consider is even if something new gets announced, whatever you have your eye on might take months to go live on JP, which would only extend the time it will take for it to come to NA.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Damn, I'm still about 100k away from an MP dragon. I could probably get there if I sold off my trash (sticker girls, weapons series, etc.) but I just can't do it.

I pulled a few times yesterday hoping for Luci. Didn't happen of course but I did pull Orochi and Skuld who should play nice together. I really wish that Scheat I rolled on day one was on my main account. :cry:
guigui

Post by guigui »

I'm currently at 260K MP and let Yomi Dragon go for now. Just wait till next rotation. I sold bunch of dupes, which included 4 Verdandi (2 left), 1 Zuoh (2 left) 1 LMeta (2 left). I have a dupe Green Sonia that I'm willing to sell for 50K when Yomi Dragon comes back and my Akechi is skilled.

Speaking of Akechi ! This damned Dog Dungeon is a pain : I ran Mythical 18 times today, got 6 Dark Dog to skill him up, this will be long...
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I let Yomi Dragon go too. I'll get it next time unless something better is announced.

I'm running the Akechi skill-up dungeon too. Not having much luck; only two drops so far. I'll run it non-stop for as long as it's available and we'll see what happens. Fortunately the dungeon also has skill-ups for GZL and Ruel. I'm hoping I won't have to resort to Badpys for Akechi. :?
guigui

Post by guigui »

Bah, let us face it : Akechi skill up is a pain. 8 dark dogs in 25 mythical runs.

But rejoice, 10x descend is coming again, with good desends all week long, and 3 min stamina regeneration !
Hermit, I see your Shiva is still at +1 even though you have a monster team for him. Now, starting from friday, forget everything and farm Shining Death Queen in the current challenge dungeon :

- Shiva / Liu Bei / Flex orb change / Flex skill lock resist / Flex what you want / Shiva
- Do not focus that much on damage in those flexes, 2 shivas and Liu Bei will almost one shot everything with TPAs.
- Set can fit in if you had time to Uevo him.
- Be sure to have 100% Skill Lock Resist for floor 10 preemptive, Chester might fit.
- Having more than 21K HP helps for Venus stalling, her candies are good.
- Plus eggs.

I can leave my Shiva up for you to abuse. Now come on, I want to see that Shiva +297 before event ends !
Jon

Post by Jon »

Having 10x descend come up with both the earth insect dragon and the dog dungeon in rotation is just cruel. I have two Vishnu's and a whopping six cards that could get skill ups from burning ninja dog dragon and to top it all off there has been no x2.5 bonus for a while now so I am rapidly running out of box space. I have not yet stoned for stamina refresh but this weekend might be the time to do it.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

>10x plus eggs

Ooh boy

I actually have a +216 fodder stored, and I'm not sure whether I want to use it, or if I want to grind up some more fodder to fill in those last pluses first.

Either way, looks like I'll be rolling in plus eggs soon :mrgreen:
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

guigui wrote:Bah, let us face it : Akechi skill up is a pain. 8 dark dogs in 25 mythical runs.

But rejoice, 10x descend is coming again, with good desends all week long, and 3 min stamina regeneration !
I'm still at 2 drops. :x There will be opportunities to skill Akechi up in the future; they drop in the Wood & Dog Dragons dungeon too, which should come in 1 or 3 weeks. This dungeon series should hit the coin dungeon rotation soon after too.

I'm going to try to get +66 ATK to finish Bastet, and then set aside two sets of +297 eggs for Lucifer and Yomi Dragon.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Only 2 dark dogs stored ? It hurts. How many runs ?
I would like to skill Akechi from this dungeon since the other colors dont have that many skill up fodder I’m interested in. But 10x descend will get priority.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

I haven't been keeping count, but not as many as you for sure. I spent way too much stamina in the ranking dungeon this week in order to secure that Badpy for my Lucifer team.

Edit: Well, skill-ups went pretty well for me:

2/2 Akechi
1/1 Zaerog Infinity (max)
2/5 Ruel (max)
1/4 Dragon Shogun
2/12 (GZL, too bad)

Watching the big live stream so far. Over 100 cards will be getting buffed, but no new MP cards announced in the first news segment: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=484
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

My current skill-up project is ROdin, which I'm expecting to be a serious pain since his skill-up materials are only available from high-stamina dungeons (I actually sprang for a Flampy from the MP shop to get him one more skill-up to improve my ranking dungeon score, which was good enough to get my alt into gold tier with my Shivadra team.) I suppose I should try for some GZL skill-ups as wel while the 2.5x is aroundl, but at this point I'm just hammering on the + eggs for a while. Hera-Sowilo (out of the descend challenge) seems to be the best bang-for-the-buck, good for 5-6 + eggs per run with pretty good rank XP as well, although it is a bit time-consuming to run, and the dungeon will troll you every so often if you aren't careful.

Speaking of ranking dungeon, how have people done? Here's mine.

ImageImage
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
guigui

Post by guigui »

Skill up too, believe it or not, but I'm happy, not as good as Aisha's 2/2 though :
GZL
0/4
0/4
0/4
0/4

Hanzo
0/4
0/4
0/3

Akechi
1/4
1/4
1/1

Now for +eggs farming...
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I now have 99 HP plus eggs worth of fodder, and I just need 4 or 5 more +6 fodder monsters for attack and recovery to have +297 plus fodder!

Very tempted to use these on Sakuya, but I already have a well developed shiva team, so it might be wiser to upgrade shiva with it...
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

The live stream happened and no new MP series was announced, so I guess I'll buy Yomi Dragon when she cycles around. They clarified the skill transfer system a little more, and it's more like "skill lending". The donating card won't be sacrificed; it will just be unusable until you undo the skill transfer. That's actually really good because we'll be able to use this system without much hesitation. I'm already thinking that I'll transfer light Metatron's skill to Bastet, and dark Izanami's to probably Vishnu.

Now off to run Hera-Sowilo as much as humanly possible... :?
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Jeez, Venus's Temptation bind is really screwing me over; I can usually finish her off even with the binds, but then the attack demons on the next floor rip into me...
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

How much HP does your team have? After she uses the bind, she alternates between converting one random color to heart orbs and dealing 20305 damage. The bind won't last for more than 3 turns so it should be possible to stall it out, assuming the attack doesn't one-shot you, and if it does then you have Valen right?