Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

5%
2022-2025
27%
2026-2030
15%
2031-2040
5%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
47%

Total votes: 55

BulletMagnet

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by BulletMagnet »

Lemnear wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:35 amThe most ruthless always wins, so we should be MORE ruthless and cruel than them.
mmm sound nazi in this D:
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Lemnear wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:35 am The most ruthless always wins, so we should be MORE ruthless and cruel than them.
Or else, we'll end up like this situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LglzW3 ... Bnbw%3D%3D

With great power comes great responsibility.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Lemnear wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:35 am The most ruthless always wins, so we should be MORE ruthless and cruel than them.
From humans to demons, to survive.
Spoiler
What's in there?

Only what you take with you.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Sima Tuna, BulletMagnet, Orange 808...i've never seen so many reasons to starts wars around the world like now. For Taiwan, for gas and fuel, for batteries..for lands and even for the moon!
And i don't see so much cooperation...
emphatic wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:15 pm
Or else, we'll end up like this situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LglzW3 ... Bnbw%3D%3D

With great power comes great responsibility.
Those great responsibilities belong largely to Americans, but they no longer seem to carry the entire world on their shoulders anymore.

Do you ever imagined 2 years of war in Ukraine? An open conflict between Israel and Palestine?
Several third world countries are joining to the BRICS, whose stated intent is to "stop Occidental hegenomy"... coincidentially in this historical moment?

The problem at least for me, is that i live in this "hegemony"...and i know that to maintain this , some blood must be spilled, as always had been, the difference is that now you see that blood, in the past maybe it was just some vietnamese label on clothes.
Ko.oS

Re: mandatory...

Post by Ko.oS »

With great power comes great respronsitrillitrance

orange808

Post by orange808 »

Ko.oS wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:44 pm
With great power comes great respronsitrillitrance

Equally daft.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

"a child's bedroom used as a Hamas terrorist base"

These people cannot be parodied. The IDF is one of the worst terrorist groups on earth, maybe second only to the CIA, and easily worse than all Islamic terror groups combined.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Theocracies are pretty cool
Spoiler
This guy is still the IDF's chief rabbi by the way.
Ko.oS

Re: oreo

Post by Ko.oS »

theocrazies
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

ITT: Rampant antisemitism.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Vanguard wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:32 am
Spoiler

"a child's bedroom used as a Hamas terrorist base"
These people cannot be parodied. The IDF is one of the worst terrorist groups on earth, maybe second only to the CIA, and easily worse than all Islamic terror groups combined.
What do americans think about this statement? Just curiosity.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Lemnear wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:38 pmThe problem at least for me, is that i live in this "hegemony"...and i know that to maintain this , some blood must be spilled, as always had been
How do you parse this with your previous declaration that fundamentalists deserve to be exterminated because they mistreat and dominate their women...when you also consider them - and anyone else - worthy of utter destruction at your hands if they refuse to be mistreated and dominated by you in the name of maintaining the standard of living you're used to?
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

BulletMagnet wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:23 am
Lemnear wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:38 pmThe problem at least for me, is that i live in this "hegemony"...and i know that to maintain this , some blood must be spilled, as always had been
How do you parse this with your previous declaration that fundamentalists deserve to be exterminated because they mistreat and dominate their women...when you also consider them - and anyone else - worthy of utter destruction at your hands if they refuse to be mistreated and dominated by you in the name of maintaining the standard of living you're used to?
Perspective, and my fear of loss...

The solutions are:

A) Maintain "Occidental Order" by ignoring human rights of third world country to exploit cheap worker in exchange of some sort of "democracy" and continue with this third millennium colonialism.
Of course those countries will hate you.

B) Break the "Occidental Order" for a more spreaded wellfare, at the price of downgrade your actual one, to elevate the wellfare in third world countries.
Somewhat a balance, but this will work only with global cooperation on everything! Otherwise will lead to the case C , especially if they've hated you for decades (like Type-A).

C) Reverse everything. Occident slowly become the third world and the ex-third world become the new superpowers. Depend if you are ready to a low quality of life and no human rights. This is the price for your colonialism.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

emphatic wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:54 am ITT: Rampant antisemitism.
It's so lame that this is the first defense against any criticism of Israel. When any other country deliberately blows up a hospital to kill the people inside, they get criticized. Everyone understands that that is a bad thing. Israel has deliberately bombed 20+ hospitals since October and has lied about it, blamed the victims, literally claimed they bombed those hospitals in self defense, and even the hospital attacks are just a tiny fraction of the atrocities Israel has packed into the last 38 days, and you think the only reason to have a problem with it is antisemitism. That's really stupid, man. I made a big deal about the hospital Obama blew up too, because it's a huge deal. But for Israel it was Tuesday.
Lemnear wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:12 am
The prosperity of first worlders is not a direct function of the misery of third worlders. How about instead of stealing from penniless slaves we steal from the infamous child rapist, Bill Gates? Not only is it infinitely more ethical, you stand to gain far more as well. Furthermore you're a fool if you believe the fruits of third world immiseration will come to you in the first place. A handful of people made untold billions off of the war on terror, what the american public at large got was to enjoy the privilege of paying for it.

Outsourcing etc. is bad for you as (presumably) a member of the working class. It's hard to demand better wages when the guy you're competing with works for $1.00/hour. Improving third world wages ultimately benefits you.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Vanguard wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:42 am
Lemnear wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:12 am
The prosperity of first worlders is not a direct function of the misery of third worlders. How about instead of stealing from penniless slaves we steal from the infamous child rapist, Bill Gates? Not only is it infinitely more ethical, you stand to gain far more as well. Furthermore you're a fool if you believe the fruits of third world immiseration will come to you in the first place. A handful of people made untold billions off of the war on terror, what the american public at large got was to enjoy the privilege of paying for it.

Outsourcing etc. is bad for you as (presumably) a member of the working class. It's hard to demand better wages when the guy you're competing with works for $1.00/hour. Improving third world wages ultimately benefits you.
Capitalism rules the first world, your wealth means someone else misery and viceversa.
Not so much different from Monopoly board game.
Even some of what you eat was grown in a third world country... fuel, clothes, batteries, rare materials, diamonds etc.
In 30 years the countries of former third-world have become superpowers (India, China), and this doesn't change the situation of the exploited poor workerd in those countries and their unbeatable low price. Why?
It's their unfair competitiveness and they will never renounce to that, they can't improve poor workers quality of life or they will lose this engine.

Is the blackmail of the globalization, interdipendence between nations with different quality of life and political vision, each with essential resourse for survival.
How can it end without cooperation?

Morality is an obsacle, and whoever get rid of it will rule over others...is sad, i don't like it, but that's how it works.
Vanguard wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:42 am A handful of people made untold billions off of the war on terror, what the american public at large got was to enjoy the privilege of paying for it.
So is the war against terrorist a bad thing? :roll:
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

The war against terror is a futile endeavor because terror is an idea. Committing atrocities against regional peoples only empowers the terrorist organizations of that region. It doesn't matter how many terrorists leaders you destroy when the children of today become the freedom fighters of tomorrow. Killing the idea requires ideological warfare rather than conventional warfare. The war on terror was not undertaken by the USA to "destroy terrorism." That was an excuse given to justify the USA enriching itself off the middle east. As false as the WMDs which were never found and later admitted to be a fabrication.
Capitalism rules the first world, your wealth means someone else misery and viceversa.
Even some of what you eat was grown in a third world country... fuel, clothes, batteries, rare materials, diamonds etc.
How much of what the third world makes available to the first world, in terms of production, is absolutely necessary and vital to our existence? If treating the third world better meant I would have to go without bananas, cheap shirts or (god forbid!) diamonds, then I'd happily make that sacrifice. Is it really impossible for first-world nations to meet most of their needs (not wants) by trading within their own local spheres and paying fair wages for everything? You treat slave labor as a necessity because we use it now. It's worth asking if society would really break down without it. I think the reason slave wages continue is not because they're needed but because they're possible. Corporations make more money when they pay employees less, so of course they want to pay as little as possible. Global capitalism allows them to produce goods their employees can't afford and then sell them in much richer countries, thus harming both countries by underpaying/overcharging on each end. All that would have to change for this situation to become equitable is for the corporations to take a slightly smaller profit than they do currently. Nobody is suggesting they make no profit at all or go under. Only that they pay a fair cost for materials and labor, and receive a fair profit which is not excessive. Corruption and graft have allowed this situation to continue to the present day. It is not at all reasonable or necessary.

Much of human history has been spent without global capitalism. Global trade has always existed in some form, but the unfettered power of corporations is a new phenomenon. Prosperous cultures existed prior to global trade and the wealth of your neighbors does not need to impoverish you. The "fear of loss" is exactly the tool corporations and politicians use to control the Western Working Class. We are so afraid of losing any of what little we have, that we don't stop to think why we have so little. It's easier to blame those who have even less than us, than to point the finger at those who obviously are hoarding more.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Sima Tuna wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:46 pm The war against terror is a futile endeavor because terror is an idea. Committing atrocities against regional peoples only empowers the terrorist organizations of that region. It doesn't matter how many terrorists leaders you destroy when the children of today become the freedom fighters of tomorrow. Killing the idea requires ideological warfare rather than conventional warfare. The war on terror was not undertaken by the USA to "destroy terrorism." That was an excuse given to justify the USA enriching itself off the middle east. As false as the WMDs which were never found and later admitted to be a fabrication.
How much of what the third world makes available to the first world, in terms of production, is absolutely necessary and vital to our existence? If treating the third world better meant I would have to go without bananas, cheap shirts or (god forbid!) diamonds, then I'd happily make that sacrifice. Is it really impossible for first-world nations to meet most of their needs (not wants) by trading within their own local spheres and paying fair wages for everything? You treat slave labor as a necessity because we use it now. It's worth asking if society would really break down without it. I think the reason slave wages continue is not because they're needed but because they're possible. Corporations make more money when they pay employees less, so of course they want to pay as little as possible. Global capitalism allows them to produce goods their employees can't afford and then sell them in much richer countries, thus harming both countries by underpaying/overcharging on each end. All that would have to change for this situation to become equitable is for the corporations to take a slightly smaller profit than they do currently. Nobody is suggesting they make no profit at all or go under. Only that they pay a fair cost for materials and labor, and receive a fair profit which is not excessive. Corruption and graft have allowed this situation to continue to the present day. It is not at all reasonable or necessary.

Much of human history has been spent without global capitalism. Global trade has always existed in some form, but the unfettered power of corporations is a new phenomenon. Prosperous cultures existed prior to global trade and the wealth of your neighbors does not need to impoverish you. The "fear of loss" is exactly the tool corporations and politicians use to control the Western Working Class. We are so afraid of losing any of what little we have, that we don't stop to think why we have so little. It's easier to blame those who have even less than us, than to point the finger at those who obviously are hoarding more.
Exactly.

Not essential, but nearly essential, for example animal feed, fertilizers, lithium...if these chains are broken, inflaction arise (like with the ukranian wheat or russian gas).
Why should an industrial pay more for sustain local production, when he can spend less for the "same" product? (not exactly the same quality), and sell for the same price as if it were produced locally?
Famous clothes brands, consumer electronics, everything that is affordable, are affordable for this reason, and even some expensive products comes from those places!
We have created a false well-being for "common people" based on a distant suffering, and an absurd income for corporations.
We lived an illusion.
If you use local production, the price would be unaffordable for some segments of the population because all additional costs are borne to customers, not to entrepreneurs.

We are talking about corporations that have far way more money than entire nations...they can get a private military army and secure by themselves deposits of rare materials in Africa for example.
Something that a government can't do...but militaries with no flag and no nation can.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

It is interesting how the fascists try to destroy thought, reason, and discourse everywhere they can.

Thinking is the #1 enemy of the fash. Emotion, gang signs, and other assorted symbols are their bread and butter. If they could refute the central point they would, but they can't because they advocate for stomping on people with a boot.

I read a comment the other day that said "I hated Anita Sarkeesian back then, but I never knew why I hated her." And she's hardly the first person to suffer from a manufactured atmosphere of hate.
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Dammit. Woke up in yet another worldline where The Smurfs was really fucked up.

James Comer, the Kentucky Congressman who just accused Biden of some sort of money laundering scheme with his brother over a $200 000 loan, was found to have engaged in multiple land swaps with his own brother through family owned companies which do not exist. When confronted with this in congress, dude short-circuited.
“You look like a Smurf here, just going around and stuff!” he yelled at Moskowitz. “You continue to spew disinformation!”
The truly mind-bending twist?
Spoiler
Comer looks like a Smurf. Come on, blue body, white hat, I know I'm not the only one who can see it:

orange808

Post by orange808 »

Don't forget the Senator Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho picking a fight today during an official hearing. Right wing voters sure can pick 'em. :lol:
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

As you all know, "Philistine" is the old word we used to use for modern Palestinians. Our racism there is engrained so deeply it's encoded in the freaking dictionary - it's like how the fash want the word "Mexican" to mean "bad person" and not "a person from the country of Mexico." Except here they succeeded. There's no such term as an "anti-philistine" because that's the normal default state of being we've been molded into, groomed from birth to grave. We don't have special words to describe things are ordinary and normal.

I just find this war on language super fascinating. Language is the foundation upon which we build so many of our thoughts - and to destroy thought itself is your mission if you're evil.

... did you guys know that Robocop wasn't a satire of capitalism? Learn something new every day.

Anyway, I tried to find that children's cartoon of Samson mass-murdering shitloads of people with a jawbone of an ass. It had a jaunty happy tone with lyrics about all the killing that was going on. With the camera pointed at the sky, so all you ever saw was the arm with the bone swinging in the air.

We see our missiles go up, but so rarely watch them go down.

Because this was sold in infomercials in the very early days of the internet, when video was rare and low-res, I was able to find squat. If anyone could give me any leads, like a name of this thing, that'd be swell.

(lol at evil people making Samson out to be a hero. The man murdered a bunch of people to pay off his gambling debts. Fuck Samson in particular.)
Sima Tuna

Post by Sima Tuna »

When I was a (conservative christian) child, I had one of those comic book Bibles. The thing was honestly awesome for a young boy. It was full of killing, violence, lust, warfare, betrayal, murder and more murder. I loved it!

https://www.amazon.com/Picture-Bible-St ... 0781408369

This is the one I had^. A thing of beauty to a young boy who would eventually become enthralled by epic poetry and tales of heroism across all cultures.

Shorn of his mighty locks, Samson becomes as meek and powerless as your average neo-nazi cueball.

Anyway, my point is that, while the picture bible was incredibly amusing and entertaining.... It is not exactly a rousing endorsement for christianity. Just as, surprise surprise, the actual Bible is not. I spent a lot of time reading that one too, and it's just as violent and barbaric. :lol:
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Strangely i don't have any bible, i thought i had one but when i opened it it was actually a Magic the Gathering Rules Manual and only the flip out cover was of the bible.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Mighty locks?
Spoiler
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

The mighty goose slayer himself
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

BryanM wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:34 pm... did you guys know that Robocop wasn't a satire of capitalism? Learn something new every day.
Half these people only grew up right wing by accident of the zip code they were raised in.

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

The greed and obsession with external objects (aka, symbols) and the perceived social status they project are pretty telling. I don't need a mansion, but maybe some steak tacos once every week would be nice.

Debt, rents and the threat of homelessness are the engines that run the economy. Only once we replace everyone with robots, can we truly be free. Free to eat tacos or free to be drowned in the ocean, well, we'll see I guess.

Sima Tuna wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:20 pmWhen I was a (conservative christian) child, I had one of those comic book Bibles. The thing was honestly awesome for a young boy. It was full of killing, violence, lust, warfare, betrayal, murder and more murder. I loved it!

Stupid sexy murder. That's how they rope ya in!

I had a Picture Bible of some sort too, but coming from a more secular family (atheist father, mother's family fell out with the church when they wouldn't let her parents name the children they miscarried) I found things like the Dragons of Autumn Twilight and Nintendo far more interesting.

That reaffirms my belief of why they hated things like Pokemon. In the end it's all a battle for people's attention, control of over their mind. They just can't compete if they're not in a walled off garden.

What I like the most is the people who've given up swimming against the tide - much like how Robocop is our modern actual Jesus, I'm sure there's some guys working on how to absorb Pokemon into the faith as well. It's how it was done in the old days, the creation myth in Genesis sure as heck was yoinked from older religions and clashes pretty badly with the other stories in the anthology's collection. Always lol at Hermanubis: is combination of Hermes and Anubis.

The Brick Testament is the go-to for fun bible adventures, these days..

Strangely i don't have any bible, i thought i had one but when i opened it it was actually a Magic the Gathering Rules Manual and only the flip out cover was of the bible.

Haha, that's wonderful Lem.

If they knew how big the game was going to get, they probably would have made the rules a lot simpler. But they didn't have past mistakes to learn from, and were making it all up by the seat of their pants.
BIL

White People's Tricks Revealed

Post by BIL »

BryanM wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:34 pmI just find this war on language super fascinating. Language is the foundation upon which we build so many of our thoughts - and to destroy thought itself is your mission if you're evil.
Oho! Bryan, were you, too, subject to the degradations of White Dominant Literature as a young boy? Yes, as English writey much words man famously noted, pureeing language into unrecognisable, ideologically-expedient slop is an ancient and universally popular trick amongst megalomaniacs of all stripes.

For instance, did you know that rational thought is an agent of White Supremacy?
Hitler Wants To Suppress Your Weather Controlling Melanin
In fact, so is the very fabric of spacetime itself.
The Strongest Nazi Super Weapon
Also, why do you hate black people? Maybe you should paypal $10 to grasping_scamming_fuckface_drbiruford@boipuccihq.net, so I can help you select a less White Supremacist avatar ;3 ;3 ;3
BryanM

Re: White People's Tricks Revealed

Post by BryanM »

haha... yeah, the right-wing "facts and logic" guys aren't really about either...

A lot of left wingers (really it's all normies, but I don't watch their youtube videos about horror movies) don't believe in science and technology.

But really I just wanted to mention that every time fractional children come up, I think of that Gary Larson cartoon.
Spoiler
BIL wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:40 pmso I can help you select a less White Supremacist avatar ;3 ;3 ;3

Sticking to a dead forum meme that everyone got tired of after a week somehow never stops being funny to me.

I've even gotten to play DeathSmiles since then! We are truly living in a future.
BIL

Re: White People's Tricks Revealed

Post by BIL »

BryanM wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:21 pmSticking to a dead forum meme that everyone got tired of after a week somehow never stops being funny to me.

I've even gotten to play DeathSmiles since then! We are truly living in a future.
It makes me kinda wistful tbh - back when the PEWPEW/Rosa getting faceFUCC meme was HAWT, a decade would've seemed an unfathomably long time; but now I'm old and grey, it was last Tuesday. 3:

I sometimes go to swap back in my award-winning Redneck Bill n' Lance w/ Corncob Pipe n' "FUCC U >:[" shirt, but that is truly an invitation to Feel The Sad at the crushing march of time. 3;>

Was it Rosa? I can't even remember. She might've been catching OR pitching! Someone was definitely getting a Big Facefull at that E3. More innocent times!