SoCal Shmupmeet Oct 13th has past. Picture album is up!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Tyranix95

Re: SoCal Shmupmeet Saturday, Oct. 13th is tomorrow!

Post by Tyranix95 »

Awesome!
arcade game wrote:here's the rest of the T-shirts
NOAH

Post by NOAH »

Man, I really wanted to ride down with alamone to this meet. Wish my back was healed enough to endure the roadtrip. Have fun, everyone.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

About to leave for the train station. Super hype! :mrgreen:
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Have fun you guys. Sorry I couldn't make it. Next time. :D
AKRATEN

Post by AKRATEN »

These are super cool!

Will you be selling these shirts in the near Future?

This meet is gonna be off the hook.
8)
arcade game

Post by arcade game »

AKRATEN wrote:
These are super cool!

Will you be selling these shirts in the near Future?

This meet is gonna be off the hook.
8)
yes i'll be selling t-shirts in about a week & this t-shirts are" silk screen"
AKRATEN

Post by AKRATEN »

Awesome!
Pm me when you have them Available.
Tyranix95

Re: SoCal Shmupmeet is here!

Post by Tyranix95 »

Ok. On my way. With a crap load of stuff. :lol:
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Frentic, thanks for throwing this party. Had a great time; glad I had a chance to meet all you fellow shmup-o's.

Incidentally, who's the guy who almost played as well as me at Mars Matrix (making the screen go blank!)???

And that guy I played chess with? Couldn't quite excite all of you at playing chess. Not when there's Fire Shark to be played!
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Frenetic for hosting this, and to jepjepjep for giving me a lift.

I'd also like to thank arcade game for being a cool guy and selling me a $10 T-shirt when I only had $6.

I had a great time, played some fantastic games, got a few decent scores, and met some awesome people. As my first meet, I think it's going to be a tough act to follow. :D
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
dannysaigon

Post by dannysaigon »

CMoon wrote:Frentic, thanks for throwing this party. Had a great time; glad I had a chance to meet all you fellow shmup-o's.

Incidentally, who's the guy who almost played as well as me at Mars Matrix (making the screen go blank!)???

And that guy I played chess with? Couldn't quite excite all of you at playing chess. Not when there's Fire Shark to be played!

Yours Truly is requesting a Match 3...!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
If its not in writing....it doesn't exist.
shariar07

Post by shariar07 »

CMoon wrote:Frentic, thanks for throwing this party. Had a great time; glad I had a chance to meet all you fellow shmup-o's.

That would be me-Shariar07 "that's a secret trick on expert mode"
shariar07

Post by shariar07 »

Thanks for hosting the shmupmeet Frentic-My brother and I had a great time. Me and Cmoon 1CC Giga Wing and then almost passed Marx Matrix on 1 credit. I took a long video of the shmupmeet and can post it later tmr.

Thanks,

Shawn
Tyranix95

Post by Tyranix95 »

Frentic, Awsome party man!!! Thanks a bunch for having me over.

Whoever was playing GIGA WING and MARS MATRIX: That was one hell of a 2P mach you guys threw down. You rock. You guys got to do that again some time.

And the shirts look great game!
chempop

Post by chempop »

Disappointed in the lack of coverage... Where were the news reporters? No live feed? Photos...

Sounds like it was a rocking party, might need to get me some of those cave and raizing shirts when they become available to the masses.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
mikehaggar

Post by mikehaggar »

Thanks for the awesome meet Frenetic! Great food (I need details on that pulled pork Frenetic!), great setup (Arcade game really pulled through to bring as many cabs as he did...and Frenetic's awesome cabs really gave me a lot of ideas for my own setup!), got a great shirt, met some great people....everything was awesome about it! I love that the night ended with me waiting for a guy to finish an awesome run of Gradius 4 so I could get my autofire circuit back.....only at a shmupmeet! :)
arcade game

Post by arcade game »

chempop wrote:Disappointed in the lack of coverage... Where were the news reporters? No live feed? Photos...

Sounds like it was a rocking party, might need to get me some of those cave and raizing shirts when they become available to the masses.
there's going to be alot of pictures of the shmupmeet later on.the shmupmeet end it really late.so i guess
some of us are still in bed.LOL

the rest of the t-shirts are going to be available later on today here on shmups
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Don't want anyone to feel sad (I know you guys liked the stout I brought), but just kegged the Belgian IPA today (a day too late?) Holy fucking shit! Amazing!
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
SHMUP sale page.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Yeah thanks again to Frenetic and everyone else for bringing the games to keep the party flowing! I proposed to Frenetic for the next meet, we need to set up 3 monitors for some Darius action, even if it's MAME! Gotta bring something new to the party!

Livestreaming or doing video capture of some stuff would be interesting. I don't have the equipment or know-how for that, short of recording on a phone and posting to the 'Tubes. Live commentary on some 1cc rruns or a Tenkomori Shooting tourney would be a blast!

As always, learned a lot from people, as I have yet to delve into the next level of PCB collecting, but I think I'll be starting with a Supergun and go from there.

/cheers!
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I've got a single picture from the meet (after everyone left), but I promise it's good :mrgreen:

Meet was super super fun, and I hope I'll be able to come out to another SoCal one in the future (I'm likely moving to Ohio in a month or two :cry:)

Glad I finally got to try SDOJ, it really is a shame about the sound quality :?
CMoon wrote:Don't want anyone to feel sad (I know you guys liked the stout I brought), but just kegged the Belgian IPA today (a day too late?) Holy fucking shit! Amazing!
1) Sorry I didn't get to try the stout, I didn't see it! 2) Damn, I love Belgian IPA :(
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
jepjepjep

Post by jepjepjep »

I had a great time at the meet yesterday. I got to try out some new games that I haven't played before like Saidaioujou and Dangun. Thanks to everyone for bringing your gear, cabs, games, and food. Thanks again Frenetic for hosting. Thanks arcade game for the T-shirts. Awesome stuff. Can't wait for the next one.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

trap15 wrote: 1) Sorry I didn't get to try the stout, I didn't see it! 2) Damn, I love Belgian IPA :(
It was in a keg in the middle of the kitchen. Still, I understand the allure of fireshark ;)
SHMUP sale page.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

CMoon wrote:It was in a keg in the middle of the kitchen.
Haha. I must have just been blind or something. How strange O_o

Also, here's the pic I got:
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

Hey guys, I've got lots of pictures but my current laptop doesn't have an SD card reader. Bleah. Will post a report in a couple of days. Will be back in for a full shmupmeet report!
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Haha, our new mascot, ALL HAIL SHMUPCAT!
trap15

Post by trap15 »

She had actually gotten onto one of the stools and had her front paws on the right Egret 3 at one point. I was trying to take a pic of that instead, but it took me too long to find my camera :(
Last edited by trap15 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
dannysaigon

Post by dannysaigon »

Frenetic wrote:Hey guys, I've got lots of pictures but my current laptop doesn't have an SD card reader. Bleah. Will post a report in a couple of days. Will be back in for a full shmupmeet report!
Frenetic...! PM me your email so I can send you my share of the pictures....! Got some pretty good shots!
If its not in writing....it doesn't exist.
shariar07

Post by shariar07 »

Here is short video of the Shmupmeet, Thanks to Frentic for hosting, i had a blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRjiIPEm174&feature=plcp
Tyranix95

Post by Tyranix95 »

Hey! You missed the Super Gun room on the other side of the house and the kitchen packed full of food!! :shock: / :P And those spicy sausage links on the grill--Oh yeah! :drool: x 3 baby.
Last edited by Tyranix95 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
shariar07

Post by shariar07 »

Tyranix95 wrote:Hey! You missed the Guper Run room on the other side of the house and the kitchen packed full of food!! :shock: / :P And those spicy sausage links on the grill--Oh yeah! :drool: x 3 baby.

Yeah i know, i can't believe i missed the other room (the food room) heheheh.