Cave (Shooter?) on Android

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
DJ Incompetent

Re: Cave (Shooter?) on Android

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Plays smoother on iOS, but Droid Bionic is a go for both.
nasty_wolverine

Post by nasty_wolverine »

tried the demo versions on htc sensation, works fine (though i switched on vsync coz it was causing some choppy frames)...

gonna buy the full version either tomorrow or day after...
Elysian Door - Naraka (my WIP PC STG) in development hell for the moment
Amano Jacu

Post by Amano Jacu »

On my Asus EEPAD transformer, the lite version of both games works pretty well, but it doesn't allow me to buy the full version of ESPgaluda (says "devide isn't compatible"). It allows me to buy Dodonpachi for 5€ though.

The problem here is that I also have a Samsung Galaxy S phone, and both these exact games were already available via the Samsung Apps Hub, but to unlock them you had to pay 6€ directly via paypal to GGEE. I went ahead and bought Dodonpachi this way (and now I regret this). I have managed to enter my GGEE account in my EEEPAD (I had problems with the password before), but Dodonpachi is still locked and I'm not buying the same game again. I would probably buy ESPgaluda in my tablet (buying it from the official Google Play shop should allow me to install it in my phone as well), but they need to fix the compatibility issue first.
nasty_wolverine

purchased ddpdfk android, suprisingly made it to stage 5 no hibachi though, it performs very well on a hand held device, controls really good but awkward at first, once you get used to it makes sense... and that god awful announcer, there is no way to shut her off... havent tried smart phone mode

I guess we need a scoreboard for this :D

edit: tried it after i rebooted my phone, played at quite a good speed, best 500 yen i spent!!!
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Necronom wrote:Finally the real deal! Has anyone tested one of them on the Nexus 7?
The normal versions aren't available for download and the lite versions never finish loading on my Nexus 7. I just get a white screen with a spinning logo and it hangs there.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
cools

Post by cools »

brentsg wrote:
Necronom wrote:Finally the real deal! Has anyone tested one of them on the Nexus 7?
The normal versions aren't available for download and the lite versions never finish loading on my Nexus 7. I just get a white screen with a spinning logo and it hangs there.
E2 is flawless on mine, DDP only the lite is available, but it runs perfectly too.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

@cools, brentsg
Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm, seems like they still need patching...hopefully, Raiden Legacy will have a smoother start.
Alien Soldier

Post by Alien Soldier »

brentsg wrote:
The Lite version works on my Nexus 7 but the resolution is very low and the picture looks really bad on the Nexus 7 screen (800x1280)

As brentsg said, there is no full versions of the games available yet. I hope they will release HD versions later.

Btw, the Nexus 7 OS is nice an all but the built quality of the tablet is horrible. After 1 hour of use, I realised that the screen glass is coming off on the left side of the tablet and it makes some cracking/popping noise when I push the screen in this area, I guess it's that cheap for a reason. I can't imagine how the screen glass will be in a month. I'll bring this back to the store for a full refund. I'd rather wait for the next version.
Meseki

Post by Meseki »

Could someone post the .apk for Dodonpachi Resurrection LITE? I'd like to see if it works on a Kindle Fire (the only Android device I have access to) this time around.

Also, is the only restriction on the LITE version 'Stage 1 only'?
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

I'm a complete Android noob and I tested both LITE versions on the GF's LG Optimus One phone.

Both ran ass-slow until I realized it was running an older kernel. Updated from 2.2 to 2.3 (Gingerbread?) and maaan what a difference. Silky smooth now.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

So, i tried changing the ROM of my SGS2 for a newer version of the one i had (loosing some cool mods, but gainin even greater stability and stuff), and still, not working. i am NOT going back to stock just to play a game... i cant play it anymore on iOS since i've sold the iTouch4G i had, but i think i'll gladly wait for the new iteration of that machine to play it again, cuz at the very least, i know it WILL work out of the box.

Shame on CAVE for releasing such beauty within such crappy wrapper... they've just lost a customer here, on android.
SuperPang wrote:Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
cools

Post by cools »

Meseki wrote:Could someone post the .apk for Dodonpachi Resurrection LITE? I'd like to see if it works on a Kindle Fire (the only Android device I have access to) this time around.

Also, is the only restriction on the LITE version 'Stage 1 only'?
I think so. The extra file download is a 5th of the size of the full version.
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

The Lite versions end during the St1 bosses. They run a hell of a lot smoother on my Galaxy S than any other STG by any other developer. I'll probably buy DDP:R at least once I get paid again. Galuda II is just kind of awkward with a touchscreen, IMO, but to each his own.
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
BeruBeru

Post by BeruBeru »

Bought DDP for my SGS, runs great although it does look a bit better on the ios version
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

So i discovered what the problem was: i had "Lucky Patcher" installed on my SGS2. reading around, someone suggested to uninstall it (it worked for another game on GGEE framework), and lo and behold! IT WORKED!.

So i went and bought the game (i dont have the iTouch, and i need my CAVE fix on the go), tried it out, WORKED like a charm, BUT i noticed that the resolution and touch controls are NOT as fine tunned as the iOS version... and (this is a personal appreciation) the game looks better on iOS than on android... dont know, it felt like textures were very low res...

anyway, happy to have found the solution for this one, but i dont think i'll be suporting CAVE anymore if they stick to that BS wrapper!.
cools

Post by cools »

Comparing iOS, you're comparing the regular or HD versions?
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

cools wrote:Comparing iOS, you're comparing the regular or HD versions?
Regular version. the iTouch4G is not capable of running the HD version (lack of ram). The difference in resolution might not be that much, BUT its pretty noticeable on the SGS2's screen (while on the iTuch4G the game looked kinda crisp, it looks blurry and pixelated here).
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Is there a way to have this install on the SD card verus the phone's internal memory? I don't have the space but have 7 gigs free on my card.

I have the game on the phone but it want's to download a 186 MB download when I try to start it.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
cools

Post by cools »

Kaspal wrote:
Regular version. the iTouch4G is not capable of running the HD version (lack of ram). The difference in resolution might not be that much, BUT its pretty noticeable on the SGS2's screen (while on the iTuch4G the game looked kinda crisp, it looks blurry and pixelated here).
I'm running it on the smallest screen size and it looks just about 1:1 with the arcade version from what I can see. Medium and full fractionally scale the image and make it pretty blurry.

Comically, G-GEE have now made both games (full and lite) versions "incompatible" with my Nexus 7, despite it running perfectly.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

cools wrote:
Kaspal wrote:
I'm running it on the smallest screen size and it looks just about 1:1 with the arcade version from what I can see. Medium and full fractionally scale the image and make it pretty blurry.

Comically, G-GEE have now made both games (full and lite) versions "incompatible" with my Nexus 7, despite it running perfectly.
Just tried it again, with the small screen, and the controls feels better there, so i guess that when the screen scales, the controls go wonky (something that does NOT happens on the iOS version, since i've always played with the large screen in all CAVE games). Thing is, playing with such small screen (well, not that SMALL) when you have all that real estate there, is not cool in my book... here's hoping for them to fix the touch controls on the android version.

And yes, in the small screen the game does look less blurry and pixelated... but that screen size is not my thing.
Strider77 wrote:Is there a way to have this install on the SD card verus the phone's internal memory? I don't have the space but have 7 gigs free on my card.

I have the game on the phone but it want's to download a 186 MB download when I try to start it.
hmm... i dont know about installing it from the get go to a SD card, but you could try moving some of your stuff there, prior to installing the game, install it, and then move the game to the SD card. i know for a fact that you can do that on ICS. not sure on GB.
cools

Post by cools »

Gotta be honest the small screen gives me enough touch area so I don't need to obscure the play area in any way, something that really annoys me with all the other shmups on the system. Not noticed any weirdness with controls on larger sizes though. It's not quite as crisp as it could be though I agree, would be nice if there was an option to turn off any filtering.

Managed to get DDP working on my Nexus 7 by downloading it on my Mini Pro, doing a backup and then restoring onto the tablet.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

cools wrote:Gotta be honest the small screen gives me enough touch area so I don't need to obscure the play area in any way, something that really annoys me with all the other shmups on the system. Not noticed any weirdness with controls on larger sizes though. It's not quite as crisp as it could be though I agree, would be nice if there was an option to turn off any filtering.

Managed to get DDP working on my Nexus 7 by downloading it on my Mini Pro, doing a backup and then restoring onto the tablet.
What you say is true, but when i played it on iOS, i got used to control the ship by placing my finger about a centimeter below the ships position, that way i could see "sneaky" bullets and posibly have enough time to react. i got used to that way of playing and worked for me for months. Now, i play the android version and feel some kinda lag when i move fast on the screen, and since i got used to play with manual hyper and all that, sometimes when i try to activate the hyper, the game does not register the button push, but another finger on screen, so that the ship moves abruptly to a random position, making for cheap deaths... i dont remember that happening on iOS (the movement part... sometimes the game did not register button presses, but thats another story).
cools

Post by cools »

Don't get any of that here :-)
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

cools wrote:Don't get any of that here :-)
well, that only happens to me when i have the large screen on ... with small screen i only get the random movement on screen ... but thats about 2 times per run.

i just managed to defeat hibachi with 3 continues... damn!, gotta practice some more!.
powersoul

Post by powersoul »

I'm running DDP on my HTC Desire S. Didn't really expect it to run, but gave it a try. I keep getting sent back to my main home screen
This is my signature. It's so unique, nobody else has it.

Get the picture?
AuraDRGN

Post by AuraDRGN »

They Officially Put the english version on google play is it?
Search Dodonpachi Ressurection in Google play then you find the "Official english version
Tysavarin wrote:When playing other flight combat games, I think, "I COME FROM THE LAND OF ACE COMBAT, NOOOOBS!!!"
JoseGenerico

Post by JoseGenerico »

Hey guys, how it's going? New to the forums here.

I'm having a weird problem with Dodonpachi Resurrection on Android here. When I try to send my score (in any mode), it gives me a "send data error". Why is that? Am I doing something wrong?
nasty_wolverine

@JoseGenerico
You need to signup to gmgee id to send score i guess.... useless though...
JoseGenerico

Post by JoseGenerico »

Well, I already have an account there. Also, I bought Espgaluda II too and I can send my scores perfectly on that one. Weird stuff.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Has anyone tried this on a droid x?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?