Crimzon Clover

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Zeether

Re: Crimzon Clover Trial Version Released

Post by Zeether »

lgb wrote:
Good game, but not a masterpiece.
indie games aren't supposed to be masterpieces even if some indie creators really really want them to be

sorry guys you'll have to try a little harder, first step is to stop being indie
IF YOU'RE NOT INDIE, FUCK YOU
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

ZeetherKID77 wrote:
lgb wrote:
Good game, but not a masterpiece.
indie games aren't supposed to be masterpieces even if some indie creators really really want them to be

sorry guys you'll have to try a little harder, first step is to stop being indie
IF YOU'RE NOT INDIE, FUCK YOU
I'm so indie it hurts.
cul

Post by cul »

Udderdude wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote: IF YOU'RE NOT INDIE, FUCK YOU
I'm so indie it hurts.

?
Otai

Post by Otai »

I tried the demo and I couldn't get past stage 2 boss right now. Seriously, I can't wait for the full version (if it is free) to try the easy mode. But then, it is great that it feels like shmups which are based on very cool ships. The description on new stage even said 0% moe with 120% explosion. The lock on system is quite impressive, with the 1.X multipliers aside from break rate. Still, the break mode is breaking the game except when dealing with bosses. Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Otai on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no standards in shmups. Only what most people prefers.
Euroshmups are inferior, but not all of them sucks.
Jap shmups are superior, but not all of them great.
Elaphe

Post by Elaphe »

"Truth will only make you unpopular"
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Otai wrote:Still, the break mode is breaking the game except when dealing with bosses. Just my 2 cents.
It doesn't break the game at all, learn to score and you'll understand why. If you're just interested in clearing the game, then bombs are way more 'broken' than Break Mode is.
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

I guess a doujin shmup that doesn't feature loli's is being edgy in Japan.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

EPS21 wrote:I guess a doujin shmup that doesn't feature loli's is being edgy in Japan.
Not really.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

cul wrote:
Udderdude wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote: IF YOU'RE NOT INDIE, FUCK YOU
I'm so indie it hurts.

?
the dog was called indiana :lol: 8)
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

Udderdude wrote:
EPS21 wrote:I guess a doujin shmup that doesn't feature loli's is being edgy in Japan.
Not really.
Why not? With a statement like "0% moe with 120% explosion" (can't really confirm that since the link is down) it seems they're trying to cater to those who also feel some disdain towards the recent moe explosion in all these doujin games. Sure there other doujin games like Kamui or the recent Genetos that aren't so loli-character driven, but those are the minority these days.

Perhaps edgy is not the word I'm looking for, but for them to explicitly state something like that feeling of opposing that trend is there.
cul

Post by cul »

EPS21 wrote:
Udderdude wrote:
Not really.
Why not? With a statement like "0% moe with 120% explosion" (can't really confirm that since the link is down) it seems they're trying to cater to those who also feel some disdain towards the recent moe explosion in all these doujin games. Sure there other doujin games like Kamui or the recent Genetos that aren't so loli-character driven, but those are the minority these days.

Perhaps edgy is not the word I'm looking for, but for them to explicitly state something like that feeling of opposing that trend is there.
I agree, less lolis in my shmups, but more traps!
worstplayer

Post by worstplayer »

For anyone experiencing input lag in this game, here's a fix for nVidia GPUs:

Go to nVidia control panel, Manage 3D settings, and set following things:
Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1
Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration: Compatibility performance mode
Threaded optimization: OFF

It worked for me.
"A game isn't bad because you resent it. A game is bad because it's shitty."
HamidoOs

Post by HamidoOs »

I wish this game were to be released on steam. :(
---------------
Dead inside.
---------------
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

HamidoOs wrote:I wish this game were to be released on steam. :(
I'm not a good friend of downloadable games. I wonder where we will go in 5-10 years and if companies will still give any kind of support or offer games that can be purchase today. And with games I'm also referring to DLCs, etc. I rather have the game physically but I guess being in Iran must be a bitch to find Japanese doujin games.
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
chempop

Post by chempop »

Wow, just watched the couple youtube videos of this. I'm very impressed, might tempt me to run bootcamp on my mac just to give it a try. How many people are on the team that developed this? Do they have any earlier releases, I'm a complete n00b to the doujin scene. :oops:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Dandy J

Post by Dandy J »

hype game for real
<BEOWOOF> my lifes like battle garegga every time i kill man life becomes harder and the only solution to making things easier is killing ymself.
<SCRUNBABBY> my lifes like gwangs
<SCRUNBABBY> cause .. theres lots of wangs
Observer

Post by Observer »

Can't blame us. Non-loli game? Big badass bosses? 120% explosions? Lock-on guided laser missiles? Break Mode? LOLHyper Laser to pierce heavens? KETUI MEETS RAYFORCE? An Unlimited mode that eats kitties for breakfast? Too much to process.

Obviously, not perfect and has several things that could be polished for the final release... especially the slow ass menus and lack of a proper restart.

chempop> The game seems (stressing the "seems", I'm not sure) to be done by just one guy.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Animaitor wrote:
HamidoOs wrote:I wish this game were to be released on steam. :(
I'm not a good friend of downloadable games. I wonder where we will go in 5-10 years and if companies will still give any kind of support or offer games that can be purchase today. And with games I'm also referring to DLCs, etc. I rather have the game physically but I guess being in Iran must be a bitch to find Japanese doujin games.
I hate DL games myself as i too like to have a physical copy plus with folk just starting to sell their steam accounts on ebay it makes it a viable target to hackers, i cant think of anything more soul crushing then getting all ur games swiped.

Sadly DL only imo its inevitable as where i live all of the games shops have stopped selling pc games the only place i can get games without a train ride is my local tescos supermarket and the selection isnt all that great.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Companies take DL games as the way to go because they don't see a penny out of the second hand market and that's a BIG market. No wonder Sony stopped the PS3 from been backward compatibility. There's also a high possibility of gamers loosing their DL games due to HDD failures etc. and even though you can get them back now, there's no way to know what will happen in the future. Your physical games can also get scratched or destroyed (earthquakes, typhoons, fire...) but I feel safer if I don't have to depend on Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony to back up my games.

I'm happy to see these latest doujin games being released on CD or DVD with their proper package (cover, manual, stickers, figures...)
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Yea the console manufacters get to resell their old games every new generation and with next gen systems not been as durable as they used to be ppl will have no other choice when their out of date consoles give up the ghost. I bet PC emulation will become even more important in the future but then again with govenments starting to get a foothold on tackling the whole p2p piracy thing i wonder what thatll be like years from now
cul

Post by cul »

I like DL games because I play games, I don't collect packaging. DL games solve also a lot of injustices: everything is freezoned, you cut the middle man racket (you have no idea how much I hates importing shops), and overall the developers (especially when indie) get more money per unit sold, and get a bigger possible consumer base on the world wide internet than the 3 units they would sell at the comiket, and they can also cut the publishers racket if they want to release their games in more shops. It's simple, you either try to get your game released on steam, or you publish it on your website with a simple paypal link. Now how easy and how much does it cost to get your indie game into a couple of shops in a single city in the world?

When Steam was released, everyone complained or were saying it would never work because people enjoy their little packaging. And now....

If on consoles we had consoles with a Steam equivalent (xboxlive is not that far but you can't buy and dld full commercial games yet), companies like cave would make more money, because they wouldn't have anymore to beg for an US or Euro editor to publish their games and hijack 80% of their benefits. Everything would be freezoned and buyable on the japanese release date, at the japanese price, not on the outrageous import shops prices. That's less money for all the useless crooks (publishers come in top), more money for the real people who are keeping the game industry alive (the game makers), so more original games opportunities.

So what do you want? Plastic packaging, or more opportunities for original games?
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

The key sticking point with me in terms of DL/Import is the DRM. I prefer to DL DRM-free install executables that I can burn onto a disk and keep for all eternity. After that I prefer an imported CD because, again, it's mine forever.

I swore off any sort of internet activated game long ago when my copy of Gish told me I had exceeded the maximum number of installs (I wipe the HD and resinstall once a semester, keeps the machine running smooth and makes sure all my important files are backed up). Screw that crap. Even if you have the option to crawl back to the developer and beg for an additional install, video games are supposed to be a leisure time activity and I don't need that kind of headache on my time off. Not to mention all the scummy datamining lots of the DL clients do in the background.

I still stick by my opinion that the reason Steam became such a raging success is because it's a mandatory install to play Half-Life 2.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
honorless

Post by honorless »

clp wrote:Everything would be freezoned and buyable on the japanese release date, at the japanese price
Of course! It's certainly not like Steam has regional price differences, lockouts based on region release date (or complete unavailability without importing a physical copy), and regional censorship... :roll:

This game looks hot as hell (I'm in the middle of a new PC build and Win7 is in the mail, so I haven't gotten to try it yet :() so if a physical copy is too expensive or difficult to obtain, I'd happily pay for a digital version from this dude's website.
video games suck
HamidoOs

Post by HamidoOs »

Animaitor wrote: I guess being in Iran must be a bitch to find Japanese doujin games.
That's EXACTLY the case :|
---------------
Dead inside.
---------------
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

Mischief Maker wrote: I still stick by my opinion that the reason Steam became such a raging success is because it's a mandatory install to play Half-Life 2.
Steam's inception started when all the counter-strike players had to upgrade to 1.6. No one was really looking forward to a rainy aztec, or the introduction of shields that were so bad nearly every server disables them, but a forced upgrade is a forced upgrade.

Although anyone who complains about the steam client being bad now, oh man you don't want to even fathom what it was like at first :roll:
HeLGeN-X

Post by HeLGeN-X »

Got to change my underwears, brb.

This game looks too good.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

So, for those who haven't notice this: In the name entry screen, you can get extra star by hitting the moving tanks (by inputting an initial where the tank is)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

So, anyone know an easy way to play this game with a controller, and not only keyboard? I tried with XPadder, but I can't move and shoot at the same time.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Huh? Did work with my gamepad without any problems (Saturn USB Pad)
... try Joy2Key.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

The game doesn't recognize joystick HAT inputs which is what a lot of controllers map the D-Pad to.

You should be able to use Xpadder to map the joystick to the arrow keys and then just setup the joystick buttons in game as normal.