Diablo 3

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
Obiwanshinobi

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Blizzard's gonna have a decade and then some to sell Diablo III to everybody on the planet. Sales of their games are meant to have long tails.
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

DragonInstall wrote:Well not going to get this game the way it stands.
Me neither brother.

Let's just enjoy the epic, gothic, tasteful, sensible armor sets in the mean time.
PSX Vita: Slightly more popular than Color TV-Game system. Almost as successful as the Wii U.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Goddammit that looks so shitty. I hate life.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
DragonInstall

Post by DragonInstall »

I'm not surprised by Blizzard's artistic taste. Just look at WoW and how ugly everything looks.
Espgaluda III needs to happen.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Just look at everything after Warcraft III. Everything has looked like fuckin Sim Theme Park after that. I swear they have just updated that shitty sim.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Warcraft III had that silly running animation. Looked funny during the po-faced cutscenes. Dawn of War was no better in this regard, admittedly.
The first polygonal RTS I played where characters run like humans was SpellForce. Not sure about the first Ground Control.
The way out is cut off

BryanM

Post by BryanM »

According to Diabloii.net's poll, only 28% of mouth breathers are people. Coincidence? I think not.
PSX Vita: Slightly more popular than Color TV-Game system. Almost as successful as the Wii U.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

One of Demon Hunter's outfits makes him look like Alien Soldier.
The way out is cut off

TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Man many of those armour sets look shitty, even a cosplayer would feel like a prick wearing them. The more I hear about Diablo 3 the more I think fuck it and buy a clone or pick up D2's exp pack to play instead. I never really playe D2 that much anyway so I could still have lots of fun with it.

When Japanese game haters slag off Japanese games for having over the top character design and armour, ill just direct them to Wow and D3

EDIT My guess is that Blizzard are chasing the eastern mmo market. Kinda sucks for us who like the original artstyle
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

I do actually like the early sensible armors, especially the Wizard's basic look. I would definitely use the Vanish Dye to erase the ugly, using the much better base art instead.

Note that I believe spell damage is now linked to weapon damage. Want your Chain Lightning to do more DPS? Get a sword with more DPS.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

BryanM wrote:Note that I believe spell damage is now linked to weapon damage. Want your Chain Lightning to do more DPS? Get a sword with more DPS.
Lol what a great way to monetise spells in the auction. Part of me is actually impressed they could think up such an idea
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

BryanM wrote:Note that I believe spell damage is now linked to weapon damage. Want your Chain Lightning to do more DPS? Get a sword with more DPS.
If that's really true, then SMH.
TrevHead (TVR) wrote:The more I hear about Diablo 3 the more I think fuck it and buy a clone or pick up D2's exp pack to play instead.
If you feel up to it, I strongly suggest you play Dungeon Siege II. IMO they picked the D2 formula and improved it 100x times, it's an excellent game. The story is great too.

Try the demo and see if it's your thing. The demo itself is very long and should give you a good idea of what the game is like.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

I played Dungeon Siege 2 back when it released. Its a good game and I liked how they melded Diablo with Baulders Gate, shame the game ended on such a cliffhanger. Does DS3 start of where D2 ended or is it one of those annoying remakes that throws away the previous games story and only uses its setting?

That reminds me I still havnt made the time to play my copies of Titan Quest or Torchlight, I really should play one though one of those
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

The cliffhanger was resolved in the DS2's expansion pack, but the story in that one is really crappy. I don't think it was worth playing it.

As for Dungeon Siege 3, stay away from that one. It was made by a different company and they turned the game into a generic hack'n slash.
mastermx wrote:
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

So the game is finally out. Anyone care to give impressions?

Some gaffer is reporting that you need to wait in a queue even to play singleplayer. Complete BS if true.
mastermx wrote:
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Didn't think of searching for a Diablo thread on here. I'll copy+paste what I said in the other thread because I'm a lazy bastard: I played for 5-6 hours last night with a couple friends. Got up to level 17 with my Monk and made it a decent ways into act 2. It's fun enough so far, but it's way too easy. They should have let you start on whatever hard mode is called.

I never play games like this though, so I can't say whether it's good or not. I do think it's more fun than Torchlight at least - probably due to co-op.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Diablo 3 is online only, even for singleplayer. Launch day has server issues.

And there were people who were right behind this idea.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

The installer has to be the worst possible piece of software I've seen someone actually charge money for. A magnificent pile of shit; remember when all an installer would do is decompress some poo, add some variables to the registry, maybe slap a little icon on your desktop if you swing that way, and it'd all be over?
Ruldra wrote:Some gaffer is reporting that you need to wait in a queue even to play singleplayer. Complete BS if true.
Of course it's true.

And, when the console version is out, you'll get to do it all over again. (If you think the console version will let you play offline, hahahahahahaha, you're a cute little optimist.)

Honestly, the most exciting thing about this day is how I got to choose to not buy this thing.

/ Throws 50,000 more shurikens with his newest D2 assassin, Twinkle_Stars
/
/ No she's not really named Twinkle_Stars, though now I wish she were.
Last edited by BryanM on Wed May 16, 2012 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

At the end of Diablo 3, the ghost of Deckard Cain shows up at the new Worldstone and says you have 3 options.

1 - Kill yourself to control the Demons, but admit that Diablo was right all along.
2 - Destroy all the Demons, but also all Angels.
3 - Make everyone an Angel-Demon hybrid.

In all endings, the Worldstone explodes, your hero dies, and loot is gone forever.

You get a different color explosion based on what class you are.
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

They'd better make a console version and soon, or I'll take it out on my own body. It's up to you, Blizzard.
The freaks are rising through the floor.
Recommended XBLIG shmups.
Top 20 Doujin Shmups of ALL TIME.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Blackbird wrote:At the end of Diablo 3, the ghost of Deckard Cain shows up at the new Worldstone and says you have 3 options.

1 - Kill yourself to control the Demons, but admit that Diablo was right all along.
2 - Destroy all the Demons, but also all Angels.
3 - Make everyone an Angel-Demon hybrid.

In all endings, the Worldstone explodes, your hero dies, and loot is gone forever.

You get a different color explosion based on what class you are.
Someone is bitter about the Mass Effect ending.
mastermx wrote:
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Nah, I actually find it kind of hilarious how bad it is. I feel sorry for the ME fans, though.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Okay i played for like 3 hrs so far and single player as said is online and i experienced warping and laggyness :/ I mean I really hope blizzard get their shit toghether i didnt pay near £40 for a dam beta
RegalSin wrote:America also needs less Pale and Char Coal looking people and more Tan skinned people since tthis will eliminate the diffrence between dark and light.

Where could I E-mail or mail to if I want to address my ideas and Opinions?
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Realistic Diablo 3 Movie Style Trailer on TeeVee

feels nonplussed man
Obiwanshinobi wrote:One of Demon Hunter's outfits makes him look like Alien Soldier.
That just hurts my feelings.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

There was some talk earlier back where folks wondered if they used a roll-back system in their game to mitigate latency, like how they make fighting games remotely playable over the internet.

Ah, I miss those young, innocent naive days.
Drum
Banned User

Post by Drum »

So apparently this game is, like, 7 hours long.
IGMO - Poorly emulated, never beaten.

Hi-score thread: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34327
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Drum wrote:So apparently this game is, like, 7 hours long.
im sure every month they'll sell you another hour...
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

That's just the first loop.
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

It's more than 7 hours long unless you bum rush through it with 4 players.

So here's something interesting: It has a chaining system, dodonpachi style. Albeit there's no actual chaining bar on screen but you get xp bonuses for large combos. Best I've managed was 26. Often there aren't enough enemies in 1 area to actually allow large chains, the best way I've found is to find the rooms with multiple enemy spawning mobs and just farm them for hits.

I'm not joking, there really is chaining.

The single player logon problems are retarded btw, my housemate bought the collector's edition and has 3 days off work to play it, he just texted me to say he spent the last hour trying to log on to play single player.

I had the same issues as well.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
drauch

Post by drauch »

Nah, if you play through it that'll get ya just through a little more than half. Currently in Act III with like prob 10 hours playtime.