ST: Raiden DX

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
SFKhoa

Re: ST: Raiden DX

Post by SFKhoa »

saucykobold wrote:I'm not exactly sure how to parse this. :oops: Are you asking if red pyramid explosions are supposed to be big and loud (like boss explosions)? Or are you saying that you killed a boss and the resulting explosion took out a red pyramid?
I'm pretty sure it's the former.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Any decent superplays on this game other than Master Of Raiden replay?

09/04/2010 at 08:45. Nice one, i couldn't remember where the 3rd, 4th, and 5th, gold hidden bonuses on training stage.
Last edited by Mills on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

There are a few. Here's a Training run from nicovideo:
1-0
1-1, 1-2, & 1-3
1-4 & 1-5
1-6 & 1-7

I recorded an Expert run a few months ago:
1-1 & 1-2
1-3 & 1-4
1-5 & 1-6
1-7 & 1-8
1-9 & 2-1
2-2 & 2-3
2-4 & 2-5
2-6 & 2-7
2-8
esreveR

Post by esreveR »

Posting again. Be warned that I haven't played Raiden DX in ages because I've been busy jacking off to Zero Gunner 2 playthroughs (You heard me right) and actually playing Strikers 1945 II on the Saturn (Because of the extra content, yo!). And getting Hyper Duel to work. Go check the off-topic section.
saucykobold wrote:
Do red pyramids explode in boss explosions? Because mine exploded in boss explosions.
I'm not exactly sure how to parse this. :oops: Are you asking if red pyramid explosions are supposed to be big and loud (like boss explosions)? Or are you saying that you killed a boss and the resulting explosion took out a red pyramid?
I mean the explosion was the kind that bosses make when they're destroyed. Yeah, it's pretty big and loud. I figured out what the problem was, by the way. I hadn't triggered that one pyramid that was in the same place as another or whatever it was. I don't even remember now.
saucykobold wrote:
Playing in the PS1 version, by the way.
Almost everything in that arcade replay is applicable to the port. The requirements for looping are exactly the same in both versions.
Ah. Is the Arcade version any different in terms of...uh, graphics? Just curious. Could provide me with more reason to annoy MAME's developers.
saucykobold wrote:
I also got a car to once appear in Stage 2, shortly before the boss.
I don't think there's any way to guarantee the car's appearance. Depending on the type, a car is worth between 500 and 10k points.
I got the feeling it involved destroying enemies quickly, but yeah, I've never gotten it to appear again.
saucykobold wrote:
In that case, does anyone know what kind of enemies are easily missed?
There's a secret medal early in Training; uncovering it will add to your destruction rate. In the 1-0 video above, you can see the player try to get it (unsuccessfully) at about 3:34. It can only be uncovered when it's near the bottom of the screen, and its exact position can vary somewhat.

I'm pretty sure all of the train cars count towards the percentage. If you destroy the first in a set too quickly, the rest won't come out. You should delay your fire until the entire train is out in the open. Again, the video is a good reference (start at about 11:10).
Are you saying that Training kill ratios count towards Novice kill ratios if you loop? Because I've been pretty consistent about getting the Training kill ratios up. It's Novice where things start to fall.
WARNING: TARGET APPROACHING!!
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

esreveR wrote:I hadn't triggered that one pyramid that was in the same place as another or whatever it was.
You can miss one gold pyramid and still get a secrets percentage of 100. If you destroy all seven pyramids, you'll get 104.1% (which will display as 04.1%).
Is the Arcade version any different in terms of...uh, graphics? Just curious. Could provide me with more reason to annoy MAME's developers.
As far as I can tell, it looks just like the home port.
[Do] Training kill ratios count towards Novice kill ratios if you loop?
Hmm, I forget. If you can loop into and clear Novice, it's hard to have a destruction rate below 99. One thing to keep in mind--when you fight the 1-2 boss, hang back and take out all of its drones. If you try to kill the boss asap, you'll miss several drones and your destruction rate will take a hit.
antares

Post by antares »

Which auto-fire setting should I use in the PSX version?
Will the rank increase if the rate is higher? (probably played to much Garegga in the last days)
WTB: Arkanoid II Revenge Of Doh PCB, Outzone PCB, Fixeight PCB
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

You'll definitely want to use the max setting. Anything lower will handicap you when you're point-blanking bosses and larger enemies. One thing to note: a factory fresh Raiden mk-ii can't have many shots on-screen at once. Until I've collected a few power-ups, I'll sometimes tap the fire button to prevent helicopters from sneaking between my bursts.
antares wrote:Will the rank increase if the rate is higher? (probably played to much Garegga in the last days)
Nope. In fact, you don't need to worry about rank at all. You should collect every item, hoard bombs and lives, etc.
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

Oh my! This thread is awesome.

I'm going to thoroughly read this one. DX is kicking my ass right now.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Would anyone be willing to update the guide with all the new information that has been added over the years? I can re-format the guide, put it on a file, and send it to the new administrator. I think that saucykobold would be the finest candidate. What's your opinion, Saucykobold?
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

opt2not wrote:Oh my! This thread is awesome.

I'm going to thoroughly read this one. DX is kicking my ass right now.
yeah man Raiden is a mean, tough old whore.

You should try the alpha route first. It's still tough but I managed to clear it one night. It's a nice practice.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

Randorama wrote:Would anyone be willing to update the guide with all the new information that has been added over the years? I can re-format the guide, put it on a file, and send it to the new administrator.
Sure, I'd be happy to. I can start a new thread in a couple days and add the tidbits that are scattered throughout this thread. I'll also try to gradually beef up the ST with new stuff.

I have the guide backed up, so no need to send a file. :)
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

saucykobold wrote:
Randorama wrote:Would anyone be willing to update the guide with all the new information that has been added over the years? I can re-format the guide, put it on a file, and send it to the new administrator.
Sure, I'd be happy to. I can start a new thread in a couple days and add the tidbits that are scattered throughout this thread. I'll also try to gradually beef up the ST with new stuff.

I have the guide backed up, so no need to send a file. :)
Thank you very much. I will drop an e-mail to one of the mods, so that this thread will be closed.

Please let me know when the new one is up, before I ask to close this thread.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.