Fighting Game Hype Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

So the KOF XIV net code is indeed crap. So disappointed. Not sure if I'll buy unless it gets fixed.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:So the KOF XIV net code is indeed crap. So disappointed. Not sure if I'll buy unless it gets fixed.
Not too me it isn't. SNK has stated they'll get to fixing it as soon as possible.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

I posted this on twitter but I suppose I might as well post it here as well since it's the shmups farm :P

Awesome to see the shmups love in the jp ssf2x community! Pic taken from the x-est tournament. That's Cross on the right, really strong fei player.
Axelay

Post by Axelay »

Really enjoying kof XIV.
Got the premium edition the art book is sexy.

Net code is strange really looking forward to the fix.

I have created a player match that was absolutely fine.
And played some party mode which was smooth as silk.

Then had some underwater matches .
The Net code is defiantly there come on snk :P :lol: you are so close .

And kukuri is just a bad ass .

Anybody wants to have some games add me

oALIENSOLDIERo

I play SFV . Dark souls 3 and bloodborne .
Arms installation complete Good luck
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

So, they fixed the netcode. I've been getting perfect matches. Really enjoying KOF so far. It's a little slower than the 2d ones. Still, I think it's very good if you can get over the graphics. It has plenty of interesting and fun to execute combos.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Urban Legend in Limbo is getting a PS4 release along with this
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Also playing KOFXIV. I really like the new mechanics and the decision to simplify things a bit from XIII. Much as I love XIII it often felt more like a combo video than a fight.

I got used to XIV's graphics pretty quickly and I like the art direction well enough. I have some major complaints though. The biggest one for me is the terrible throw game. The basic throw range and startup is terrible and as a result turtling is a very effective strategy. Granted it's a bit more complicated because of the hop mixups but it still feels bad to guess a guard and not be able to throw it. Additionally you can no longer throw on wake up which lets people basically stand on top of you for free after a knockdown. I guess I'm just finding the defence game a bit shallow for my taste. It's a big enough issue that I don't see myself sticking with the game to learn it at a competitive level.

As an SNK fanboy though for me that doesn't mean all is lost. I still enjoy good old fashioned single player arcade mode quite a bit. But even there the game is lacking. The AI is atrocious. Unlike basically every other modern fighter there is no difficulty level that is fun to play. It's basically either brain dead easy on normal or cheap psychic SRK spam on level 4. Really sad to see in 2016.

I hate to sound so negative about it because I actually like 99% of what the game is. Luckily the game does have one saving grace. 3Px3P team battle is really solid casual fun. Aside from being stupidly locked into the same stage every single match that mode alone made the purchase worth it for me. But it's so close to being so much more than that.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Stealthlurker

Post by Stealthlurker »

Frenetic wrote:I went to EVO and drowned in pools (3-2) :cry: Highlights were seeing the Bang the Machine documentary, hanging out with Zerochan, woofycakes, Mahvel salty suite, Ray Hawaii's salty suite, peeping all the neat fightan games...Wish there were shmups there, though. :(

Also met this guy and got his book! The section where he talks about Japanese riichi mahjong is fascinating.

That's awesome! A signed book, I'm jelly. When I found the Red Bull booth all copies were sold out =(

This year was my very first time going to EVO. Had a blast. Also pretty cool how the finals were at Mandalay Bay. Since I was going, I thought what the heck I'll sign up to compete in SFV just so I can say I competed in SF at EVO haha. Mind you I had only started playing SFV a week before LOL. I knew I was going to get my butt kicked hard so I only brought a Hori pad instead of a proper arcade stick (didn't want to carry a stick all day for just 5-10 minutes of use).

However the coolest part was that my very, very first match was against Daigo himself! I couldn't believe it! Yeah I was sent to the losers bracket immediately! Hahaha

iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

I'm still waiting to get a physical copy of Daigo's book before reading it. Jiyuna posted this a couple weeks ago, so I'm guessing they plan to sell them eventually. Honestly, I feel like I already understand any philosophy that's in the book, but of course I want to read it in the good Lord's own words.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

https://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv/v/89116967

Daigo hosted an 8-man invitational for Super Turbo legends: Nuki, yaya, Kameryan, Tachikawa, Kurahashi, Ebihara, Kawamura, and of course Daigo.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

^Rare footage of yaya dropping a combo :P yaya is such an awesome Sagat player. Thanks for sharing, great matches! Kurahashi was on fire lol. Nuki played great as always. Really clutch play from Kawamura in a few of the matches!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Prepare to go bananas.

:P
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

"Beating a dead horse" might as well be replaced by "beating a dead gorilla" at this point.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

^ This comment is probably the only Harambe-related thing I've actually found funny. :lol:
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The spirit of the Noodle Hat lives on.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Latest SSF2X Kawachieiwa Enpara ranked matches had a few hype moments

GDLK throw from Wani! K at 14:35!!! :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xALC3P2rHGY#t=14m35s

Insanely clutch performance by Kamorou at 12:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYIf0BEFvKs#t=12m44s
trap15

Post by trap15 »

A recording from GameSpot Versus recently had a pretty incredible Zangief vs. O.Sagat match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jsa_QMoOkw&t=6m53s

Rest of it isn't super impressive, but that was a great match.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

^Yeah Sumida is a great gief player! I recall seeing a bunch of amazing matches with him a few years ago.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/28/li ... -dust-off/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoiler
The funniest thing about this article is the $30,000 prize for winning a Guilty Gear tournament. Take a zero off and it might be believable. :lol:
KAI

Post by KAI »

Nitro Blasterz coming to PC this winter
Dengeki Unko whens?

Is it just me or KOFXIV feels like a SFIV reskin?
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Absolutely amazing performance by EcoDJ at the latest GameSpot Versus :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxEvO1Bgsa0

Cammy is widely regarded as the worst character in the game but guys like EcoDJ, Takechi and Sawada are making her shine.
soprano1

Re: Recommended Anime/Manga?

Post by soprano1 »

Nitroplus Blasterz is coming to PC (Steam) with all the DLC included. Sprite panties ahoy!
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/30/ni ... -pcs-2016/
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

pestro87 wrote:Absolutely amazing performance by EcoDJ at the latest GameSpot Versus :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxEvO1Bgsa0

Cammy is widely regarded as the worst character in the game but guys like EcoDJ, Takechi and Sawada are making her shine.
I <3 Super Turbo.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Professor Daigo teaches Kuroda about Ryu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9GdfG1kd_0

It's great from beginning to end.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Thanks for posting that, it went well with my Saturday morning coffee.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

I just had to capture this off of the stream and upload to twitter - WTF?!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: Taken from the Super Turbo Grand Finals (Kusumondo vs. Mattsun) at Canada Cup
https://twitter.com/pestro87/status/792569237730627585

EDIT: Mattsun replied to me on twitter that actually he tried to do a reppa (Ken's super) but there's a bug where sometimes doing a reversal reppa triggers the hadou to come out with no hitbox.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Ken's reversal supers don't work in ST, it'll cause him to do a screwed up version of his last special. Since the player last did a hadouken, he got the bugged hadouken which has no hitbox. I've accidentally done the reversal super with a tatsu which gives you a single rotation, which is kind of cool and half-useful. No idea what the shoryuken one is, probably useless.

It really sucks because if Ken could reversal super it'd be very useful.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
LEGENOARYNINLIA

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

I just had a short conversation about this yesterday when the amount of bugs on KOF games was brought up by someone who pretty much only plays Street Fighter games. The gist of that conversation isn't that exciting (because it was brought up by watching Youtube videos), but the realisation I had in it is. I knew all about this stuff before, but still:

In 2X/ST the reversal Super bugs that affect Dhalsim, Ken and Sagat have a higher percentage of probability in affecting the outcome of every match they are in compared to the bugs and glitches found in most fighting games.
~The artist formerly known as TheRedKnight~
Fighting game photography: legenoaryninlia.tumblr.com
Fighting game tournament stuff: ninlia.home.blog
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Cool, I only play Chun in 2X so I didn't know that. That's quite a big disadvantage but it explains why a lot of the good Ken players mostly only use the super when they combo into it or for chip.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Western physical release for Skullgirls, albeit a limited one, is finally happening.