Fighting Game Hype Thread

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
KAI

Re: Fighting Game Hype Thread

Post by KAI »

Last edited by KAI on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Oh shit! I was expecting to have to wait a month or three for this. Free DL, too!
I missed out on the last freebie b/c I'm dumb and don't know how to DLC on PS3... :oops:

Here's to hoping that Dizzy isn't D Tier this time around! :lol:
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

I heard she's really good, but I'm out of the loop.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Admittedly, I'm out of the loop, too. I haven't actually looked into +R and what changes it brought. :oops:
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

I caught some of the Evo finals. Smash Bros is so awful. Street Fighter V and Guilty Gear finals were extremely cool. I missed MK. It was on way too early. The KOF tournament made the game look promising. KOF demo on Tuesday!
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:Smash Bros is so awful.
you don't UNDERSTAND. :|

It's fine. Hungrybox is a decent guy, none of the top players can deal with his Jigglypuff anymore though and i'm fed up of seeing it at Evo.
That being said, it's cool to see his hard work finally paying off, he's been on the verge of taking that top spot for so long.
I've been following melee long enough that i'm getting bored now. That's long enough to see Hbox's play get better and better, more aggressive and less campy.
I'd still rather see any other character in top 3.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Blinge wrote:
MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:Smash Bros is so awful.
you don't UNDERSTAND. :|
I don't understand Guilty Gear either and I like it way better. It seemed like the main strategy for Smash is to jump off the edge, fly back in, and kick then repeat that 500 times.
KAI

Post by KAI »

LEGENOARYNINLIA

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

...that requires 5 stocks.
~The artist formerly known as TheRedKnight~
Fighting game photography: legenoaryninlia.tumblr.com
Fighting game tournament stuff: ninlia.home.blog
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote: I don't understand Guilty Gear either and I like it way better. It seemed like the main strategy for Smash is to jump off the edge, fly back in, and kick then repeat that 500 times.
Well that makes sense, GG is a traditional fighter and closer to what you know.

Hm... Jumping off the edge as you say, would be akin to putting yourself in the corner in SF. It's not a great idea.
Exception: Puff players might take to the edge when their opponent is respawning to avoid their few seconds of invulnerability.
btw I'm talking about melee. I don't watch smash4 as it's too slow and floaty.

Also damn man EVO is the best advertisement for SFV I've seen. I'm on the verge of buying it now.
Loving that 'djent' metal backing to the finals.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Smash 4 is ultimately the superior game though because it has my waifu, Lucina, in it.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

She's in melee too. She's just called Marth there..

Urgh, evo finals would've been way more entertaining if Marth, Falcon or Falco made it past the first round.
hien

Post by hien »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote:...that requires 5 stocks.
Having 5 stocks of meter isn't exactly uncommon in KoF. Especially if potent battery characters start to emerge with players building their teams around stuff like this in the end. So meter isn't really an argument. The fact, that you have to activate Max Mode before it makes it a lot less pratical though.
Still, 100% combos and combos with a ridiculous meter/dmg ratio simply need to be fixed if they want the game to stay relevant this time.
Last edited by hien on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

I went to EVO and drowned in pools (3-2) :cry: Highlights were seeing the Bang the Machine documentary, hanging out with Zerochan, woofycakes, Mahvel salty suite, Ray Hawaii's salty suite, peeping all the neat fightan games...Wish there were shmups there, though. :(

Also met this guy and got his book! The section where he talks about Japanese riichi mahjong is fascinating.

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Tung Fu Rue almost drains a lifebar in one combo right in the official trailer for his team.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

I like the new KOF. I will be getting it for sure. Dial a combo is in. I'm not sure about it. It's weird getting the special move without the input. It even will give super moves without input. I could see triggering it unintentionally. It still demands perfect/hard inputs on some moves which is kind of cool. But if they do that then why even bother with dial a combo? All the jumping antics are intact. This game does look like total crap. Iori's hair looks like straw.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:I like the new KOF. I will be getting it for sure. Dial a combo is in. I'm not sure about it. It's weird getting the special move without the input. It even will give super moves without input. I could see triggering it unintentionally. It still demands perfect/hard inputs on some moves which is kind of cool. But if they do that then why even bother with dial a combo? All the jumping antics are intact. This game does look like total crap. Iori's hair looks like straw.
I really like the look of the game... I know it could look better but I'm really happy with it.

Biggest thing for me is that the game will be compatible with PS3 fight sticks :)
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Seem's Juri's into latex these days.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Bait or Alive

I had the chance to play a few matches on KOFXIV's demo. Not liking the game so far.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Another 100 percenter - guess SNK's taking the "it's not a bug, it's a feature" approach with those.
hien

Post by hien »

BulletMagnet wrote:Another 100 percenter - guess SNK's taking the "it's not a bug, it's a feature" approach with those.
I really hope it's totally unrealistic for him to fill up his drink meter to the amount which is required for ridiculous combos like that. Him of all characters getting annoying again would be more than stupid. I don't like the damage scaling of the game at all so far. It seems very random.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Gender bender char coming to Blazblue Central Fiction

The artwork from the canceled Naomi title Capcom Fighting All Stars has finally been revealed

Dat Shinkiro <3
Spoiler
Last edited by KAI on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

KAI wrote:Gender bender char coming to Blazblue Central Fiction

The artwork from the canceled Naomi title Capcom Fighting All Stars has finally been revealed

Dat Shinkiro <3
Spoiler
Man when I first heard about the game back in the days when we got our news from Video Game magazines I was so excited. Instantly when I saw images of the game Rival Schools popped into mind. I thought it was the next step up with the Rival Schools battle engine.
The magazine I read it in reported that it was being developed for Arcades based off of the PS2 hardware. They said most likely it will be ported to the PS2 eventually.

Then years later found actual video and I still had hope that one day maybe.... they might finally release it.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Shelcoof wrote:it was being developed for Arcades based off of the PS2 hardware
Oh, you're right, it was System 246 game, not a Naomi one.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Urgh.. Every new blazblue character I like less and less. It's a damn shame because BBCT is the first fighting game I got into, and made me drop the "all fighters are BS" mentality I had from childhood.

amane, bullet and azrael were cool in a way. Kokonoe I like cause I really got into the story from CT.
Everything else can do one.
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

^^ The Kagura Mutsuki dude is one of my favorites... I think some characters should stay only in the background story, like Kokonoe... Don't like her... But the Mutsuki dude transitioned well from story to fighting
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

You're not wrong, but..

"how do we make a badass to rival Ragna... Bigger Sword! BIGGER BELTS!! "
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

I'm surprised that the AI in KOF XIV is actually pretty decent if you crank the difficulty all the way up.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

So... do you think they're going to try and reference her "super tasting" ability in one of her moves somehow?
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:I'm surprised that the AI in KOF XIV is actually pretty decent if you crank the difficulty all the way up.
If you play on default difficulty, CPU level 3, the bosses aren't your usual SNK boss- probably about SFII level. YMMV... I can see that some would feel let down by the bosses not being classically hardass KOF ones (i.e. Rugal) while others may be relieved. Maybe they saved the true difficulty of the bosses for level 5. I got a 1CC on my first play with Ryo/Robert/Yuri, and may try a harder setting sometime.

If SNK made an arcade edition, I could imagine the bosses getting some tweaks. Once the PS4 exclusivity period is over, if a PC version comes out, I'll double dip.

KOF XIV is as good as XIII IMO. In a way better because of the 48 character roster- matched only by Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 in that regard.
Kinect? KIN NOT.