Prelude to the Apocalypse

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!

Iran War. When.

6%
2022-2025
28%
2026-2030
13%
2031-2040
6%
2041-2050
No votes
Never
48%

Total votes: 54

Durandal

Re: Prelude to the Apocalypse

Post by Durandal »

The internet being as it is, I involuntarily caught some drips and twitters of those who were looking upon this decision with giddiness and glee, until someone among them pointed out: "Wait a minute, my friend GodEmperor88, doesn't the ban on abortion and eventual ban on contraception mean that the undesirables will reproduce at even higher rates?"

Reminds me of a Slovenian folktale. Once upon a time, a fairy visits a farmer. She opens: "You may make one wish for anything--money, fame, women, power--but know that whatever you wish for, your neighbor will receive twice that." The farmer, after some thinking, answers: "I wish to lose an eye."
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Durandal wrote:Once upon a time, a fairy visits a farmer. She opens: "You may make one wish for anything--money, fame, women, power--but know that whatever you wish for, your neighbor will receive twice that." The farmer, after some thinking, answers: "I wish to lose an eye."
Presumably this is how you say yeeeahhhh fuck yoooouuu yeeeahhhh in Slovenian.
sunnshiner

Post by sunnshiner »

So is the US going to end with all the progressives moving to the progressive states and all of the religious nutcases in the backward godbothering states? Like you'll have states that are really nice places to be in (even if you're not a conservative white male) and others that are basically Iran?
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

sunnshiner wrote:So is the US going to end with all the progressives moving to the progressive states and all of the religious nutcases in the backward godbothering states? Like you'll have states that are really nice places to be in (even if you're not a conservative white male) and others that are basically Iran?
Considering that SCOTUS this week also overturned New York's handgun laws, no. They won't allow progressive states to exist. "State's Rights" was never anything more than a dog-whistle.

Though instead of Iran, I'd define the Republicans' ideal end-state for the US as Imperial Spain. Massive military, all the wealth of the New World, and it all gets blown on endless wars. Meanwhile literal government-sponsored Inquisitions terrorize their educated population under suspicion they belong to a demonized minority (Jews and Moors in Spain, Immigrants and Queers in the US).
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Mischief Maker wrote:Meanwhile literal government-sponsored Inquisitions terrorize their educated population under suspicion they belong to a demonized minority (Jews and Moors in Spain, Immigrants and Queers in the US).
Hahaha, oh my man. It's not 'immigrants' they find undesirable. That's a bullshit word like 'globalist'. The Jews and Moors are very much still on their hatelist, nothing ever changes. Along with black people and Mexicans. And women who "don't know their place". And the hippies and leftists. And anyone else who comes along in the future who isn't 100% in favor of crushing people with the boot. Urgh... even five minutes in the sludge monsters' lairs betrays that much.

While not everyone will be dumb enough to grab a torch and scream "the Jews will not replace us" out in public, the sentiment is shared with enough people who have just enough IQ points to keep a lid on that kind of thing when they're not in the right crowd for it. You might remember me presenting a Chapo conversation about how we have a monoculture in this country, and one of our now-banned friends didn't engage with their argument. He just complained about how they "sounded". Was it because they were smug or condescending? Like a Bill Maher? (Which would be somewhat fair: absolute certainty is the affliction of a closed and dead mind.) No no, not that. It had something to do with the natural 'pitch' of their voices. Almost like... he wanted to use the J-word very very much.

I believe it was Striker here who remarked he didn't think the fascists here wanted "real fascism". But I dunno. With the actually fascist government's power to weed out the "undesirables" using the power of the internet (you could very very quickly create a list of millions of leftists and gays with automated systems) and then getting rid of them, it seems like that's the fascists' idea of heaven, isn't it? It's what they've done whenever they had power in the past? What they say they want now?

To not have to be exposed to people or thoughts that they don't think should continue to exist? To horde all the treasure for only the "right" kinds of people?

That really isn't the kind of "second New Deal" that I wanted : /
sunnshiner

Post by sunnshiner »

Not so much the 'land of the free' then. That said the UK (well, England) is a shitty place at the minute with all the swivel-eyed loons on the right having had their say and fucked the place up.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Obama had a mandate and historical opportunity to make some changes when he took office. He did diddly shit; he consciously labored to wait out the public fury and get back to business as usual. Obama even took an immediate meeting to reassure everyone that there would be no accountability or change of any kind.

But, let's blame Bernie. He ran for president a couple times. :roll: Bernie broke it. Obviously!

It's not the same as sitting on your hands and choosing to be a Republican asshole as president, but we must never say anything bad about Saint Obama, because he was black. He was black and claimed to be a Democrat, so no honesty is allowed!!!

Fuck Bernie, though. He ran for president. Obviously, Sanders is the worst!!!! Sanders has white skin, you see, so he's the devil. Policy and facts are just fuckin' details. Fuck everything but the most fucking superficial shit. I can see skin color instantly and I don't have to think. If it's black or it has lady parts, it's good. Fuck details!!!

Oh goodie. Now, let's all go watch some more comic movies and listen to mumble rap!! You're so-ooo smart!!!

No, asking people to examine the state of the world and the policies of their leaders isn't a dog whistle.

Thinking about things is hard... People are pretty much shit. Nothing can be done. I still belong and I still care, but I'm mostly looking on with sympathy and pity at this point.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

sunnshiner wrote:Not so much the 'land of the free' then. That said the UK (well, England) is a shitty place at the minute with all the swivel-eyed loons on the right having had their say and fucked the place up.
I wouldn’t call Boris and his clown crew “right wing”not even conservative,they are globalists same with most leaders across the free world,just look at his speech in the UN back in 2019 whilst wearing the agenda 2030 badge.policy seem pretty similar across all western civilisation.blaming Russia for inflation,food shortages etc when theses issues were obvious as far back as last winter!every one is being told to suck up the high prices on energy fuel food because we can afford it and it’s worth it to punish Russia!how dare they,they sending billions whilst we are on the poverty line!when did we vote to get involved in a war,and these nonsense green,globalist policies?the sanctions aren’t sanctions on Russia there sanctions on western countries,no one mentions the fact Ukrainian has been bombing donbass for over 8yrs murdering thousands of civilians destroying there lives not to mention the ever encroachment of NATO,anyone remember mccain out there giving a speech encouraging them to over throw the government!so Russia is at fault invading an innocent country?not like the uk,US ever done anything like that,never heard of Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya and more countries going further back.these politicians are scandalous,if you see the world as left and right your a moron and nothing will ever change
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Stalin. We were doing history, right? :lol:
https://history.howstuffworks.com/histo ... stalin.htm
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

This talk of the Thwaites Glacier raising the sea level by two feet is super cool. I bet it'll be fine and there will be no consequences from that.
Ddshot wrote:globalists
'Globalist' is a made up word to avoid having to say 'capitalist'. Boris is a capitalist. He is right wing.

The fascists are capitalists as well, but they want certain people to be the capitalists, and not the current capitalists. Well, some of the current capitalists. You know, the 'right' ones? (Protip: If you think there are 'good' capitalists, congratulations. You're either a fascist or a liberal.)
if you see the world as left and right your a moron
The left by definition is anti-capitalist. There are about five anti-capitalists in positions of legislative power in the US.

The world is about the top taking what they want, and the bottom doing their best to cope with it. Mental gymnastics like making up words like 'globalist' are a typical hallmark of bargaining. Easier to change and warp oneself, than accept the nightmare world for what it is.

Accept the oncoming oblivion. The existence of hydrogen is a sin.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

When I say globalist I’m referring to the George soros,Claus schuab the institution’s like the wef,imf things like the Davos meetings where the direction of the world is decided,look at Claus schuab’s future leader program where future presidents and prime misters are indoctrinated,like jacinder ardern,Justin Trudeau just to name a few.the point is,it dosent matter left or right they all follow the same orders,from the elite they are the ones with power,they leave the people fighting each other over which team is best,knowing that a divided population is weak and docile,whilst they pull all the strings!the choice between left and right is a illusion, and is nothing more than self virtue signaling ‘my ideology is better than yours!it’s just a grand illusion and massive distraction!They decide not us!
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Ddshot wrote:When I say globalist I’m referring to the George soros,Claus schuab the institution’s like the wef,imf things like the Davos meetings where the direction of the world is decided,look at Claus schuab’s future leader program where future presidents and prime misters are indoctrinated,like jacinder ardern,Justin Trudeau just to name a few.the point is,it dosent matter left or right they all follow the same orders,from the elite they are the ones with power,they leave the people fighting each other over which team is best,knowing that a divided population is weak and docile,whilst they pull all the strings!the choice between left and right is a illusion, and is nothing more than self virtue signaling ‘my ideology is better than yours!it’s just a grand illusion and massive distraction!They decide not us!
What do you suppose would be more beneficial to your own long-term stability and welfare: dismantling the giant bioparasitic death mech that enables the aforementioned flabby bald men in Emperor Palpatine cosplays piloting it to do whatever they want, or simply replacing who pilots the giant bioparasitic death mech?
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

I would like to see a end to career,generational politicians some have been in politics for decades and achieve nothing benificail apart from lining there own pockets taking money from ngo’s and corporations.any politician that has these links should not be allowed to stay in office.maybe representatives and mps could be selected to serve a term,something like jury duty,picked at random,then once that term has been served they go back to there normal work do t know the answers,no one can serve more than 1 term,4years.and definitely not be allowed to profit past the givien salary for the role.the influence of ngo’s and big corporations need to be limited or preferably removed all together!don’t know the answers but going round in the same old loop hasn’t and will not ever help
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Quick bit of free advice for those saying "racial justice people should be as happy as we are about this, because fewer black babies will be aborted": snicker more quietly.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Ddshot wrote:When I say globalist I’m referring to the George soros,Claus schuab the institution’s like the wef,imf things like the Davos meetings where the direction of the world is decided,look at Claus schuab’s future leader program where future presidents and prime misters are indoctrinated,like jacinder ardern,Justin Trudeau just to name a few.the point is,it dosent matter left or right they all follow the same orders,from the elite they are the ones with power,they leave the people fighting each other over which team is best,knowing that a divided population is weak and docile,whilst they pull all the strings!the choice between left and right is a illusion, and is nothing more than self virtue signaling ‘my ideology is better than yours!it’s just a grand illusion and massive distraction!They decide not us!
All of these people are just right wing. Look at Germany's history - the liberals sided with Hitler rather than side with (actual) labor. They profit massively from being toward the top or middle of their respective personal little fiefdoms; anything that takes from others and increases their power is good, anything that decreases their relative power is bad. (Like, say the homeless having homes would be devastating to them. The homeless need to exist to scare people and keep them working - otherwise people who loathe their jobs would quit in mass! Also low cost housing would ruin the value of their real estate holdings. Houses are speculation instruments, not for people to live in~)

These clandestine meetings aren't as sinister or exciting as our imaginations make them out to be. The prostitutes at and around these things are, surprisingly largely of legal age. (RNC meetings in a city are always reportedly a huge boon to the local gay male prostitute trade.) The agendas discussed aren't really all that exciting - banks and whatever talk about how much profit they're going to make in a year, in the very rare event someone is overstepping their borders into someone else's empire they can settle it there; it's mostly all about the messaging they want to give the plebs.

They understand looking 'competent' to normies is important, as all of our current hierarchies are held together by faith, fear, apathy and childhood indoctrination. These days I suppose it's largely pretending that they're doing anything about climate change, as they do absolutely nothing and doom creeps closer to us all. Even if you're skeptical about it now, I'd like you to reconsider it when that ice I recently mentioned dunks in the ocean and New York becomes three feet away from being flooded.

They're not exactly the all-powerful chess-wizards they'd like us to believe they are. They're all just hogs feeding at a trough until it runs dry.

The IT guys do like to talk about how they're going to replace everyone with robots though. How close they are, eh. It's hard to tell. Google's robot butler is currently almost completely useless, but their progress to a decent butler could take as long as hundreds of years, or as few as like five years. It's impossible to predict precisely.

"Almost completely useless" is infinitely better than "useless", after all. Please enjoy this montage of useless robots failing at their undead unlife.
maybe representatives and mps could be selected to serve a term,something like jury duty,picked at random,then once that term has been served they go back to there normal work do t know the answers,no one can serve more than 1 term,4years.and definitely not be allowed to profit past the givien salary for the role.the influence of ngo’s and big corporations need to be limited or preferably removed all together!don’t know the answers but going round in the same old loop hasn’t and will not ever help
The term limit thing always sounds good since it's easy to get really sick of seeing the same vampires like Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell for forever. (The democrats choosing to read poems and sing God Bless America as their way of "fighting back" against the supreme court repealing the 20th century being their latest wacky hi-jinks. "Opposition party", lol.)

In actuality, though: what if your guy, instead of being lame and bad, was cool and good? You know how rare a cool and good politician is, you might as well be looking for an invisible unicorn in a sea of poo-covered mules. Trusting someone to do the right thing is impossible until they're actually in power, because up until then? Everything could just be lies.

So it takes decades to know someone isn't going to immediately sell out. That's the reason the leftists (not the liberals. Liberals are anti-worker, pro-capitalist.) connected with old men like Sanders and Corbyn. If they were going to sell out (and all of this is public information you can see on the website opensecrets. Obama was a bank employee from the start, if you bothered to see where his money was coming from.), suddenly selling out at the very end of their lives would mean they were very, very bad at it.

You remember how John Boehner passed out everyone's tobacco bribes on the floor of the house? They do that by having a runner deliver the bribes directly to the congress-critter's offices these days. Stories say they always skipped the offices of Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders - that these were two men who were actually ideological and believed in stuff; not on our dictators' payroll.

Proving worthy of that trust is utterly impossible in a single term or two. That's what term limits are designed to do: create a revolving door that heavily favors big money. Since no one knows anyone, and only money has a voice.

That's why they instituted them for the president: FDR was too anti-capitalist for the capitalists (much of the New Deal is right out of the communist manifesto: A minimum wage. End of child labor. Public schools. Making company scrip illegal. Etc), and kept winning forever. Imagine if you will: An authoritarian president comes into power and drops the cosplay and just officially calls themselves a dictator. And the leadership of the military, for whatever reason, supports them. Those words on the paper aren't there to stop very bad things from happening, just very good ones.

I actually like term limits for the president specifically, though. I don't know if that's just my disgust at the idea of kings (we shouldn't even have presidents) or the lifelong brainwashing. Or I'm just like every other American and just get sick of seeing the same person in the media constantly.

The utopian perfect answer is direct democracy, where we're all our own kings or can choose to entrust our vote to someone else if we don't want to invest all the time into it. We're so far away from that... An incredible middle step would indeed be getting money out of politics, though. Mandating that all feasible candidates get equal air and ad time on TV. Vermont was especially an outlier at this, since they had local debates on their public station where all kinds of weirdos and vampires could debate each other. It's why a weirdo like Sanders was ever allowed to crawl up out of the mud. Guh, finding them now is an absolute bitch.. search results flooded with worthless recent events trash no one cares about... sheesh...

Trust me, local normie debates are way better than this plastic people crap you see on CNN. You have these weirdos with a singular pet bugbear, like noisy kids riding their motorcycles keepin' them up at night or whatever. It's refreshing to see and hear actual humans talk, sometimes.
o.pwuaioc

Post by o.pwuaioc »

BulletMagnet wrote:Quick bit of free advice for those saying "racial justice people should be as happy as we are about this, because fewer black babies will be aborted": snicker more quietly.
It's not that they're finally saying the quiet parts aloud, but rather that they've given up any pretense that there were quiet parts to begin with.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

"You implement that NAFTA, the Mexican trade agreement, where they pay people a dollar an hour, have no health care, no retirement, no pollution controls,” Perot said during the second presidential debate in October 1992, “and you’re going to hear a giant sucking sound of jobs being pulled out of this country.”

Still funny? Still laughing, mutherfucker? Is it funny?

I want to know. Is it fucking funny?

But, you share no responsibility for creating Trump, right? Right? You blame Bernie? Know what? Fuck you.

You're part of the problem if you argue. There's no in between.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

lol, Obama had promised to codify Roe? lol, there's always more and it's always worse. Even I have trouble accepting the blue vampires are that evil. Anyone have a clip of that or an article he wrote sayin' it?

This week's youtube flashback video is American Moments of Maybe, by the legendary Brad Neely. It is slightly historically inaccurate: the space shuttle, being a shuttle, and not a ship, could not leave orbit like that.

"They're complaining that we're doing nothing."

"I know just how to fix that. Soon, they'll be begging us to do nothing."
Last edited by BryanM on Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atariboy

Post by Atariboy »

Don't worry, you'll get your "rights" restored soon enough.

I'm sure in a few decades it will be broadened to after birth and slowly opened up. Already have been rumblings about it in medical journals arguing for it with the rationale that it's not any different.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Atariboy wrote:I'm sure in a few decades it will be broadened to after birth and slowly opened up. Already have been rumblings about it in medical journals arguing for it with the rationale that it's not any different.
I could probably already guess where they'd go, but I'd still like a link or two.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

You don't really wanna go to Stormfront mate. I checked it out after seeing the Bodybuilding politics misc was shut down and I heard someone say even they weren't happy about this ruling.

Just reading the thread titles on their slow as shit forum made me feel like I was committing a crime.
Atariboy

Post by Atariboy »

BulletMagnet wrote:
Atariboy wrote:I'm sure in a few decades it will be broadened to after birth and slowly opened up. Already have been rumblings about it in medical journals arguing for it with the rationale that it's not any different.
I could probably already guess where they'd go, but I'd still like a link or two.
It was when I was going for my MBA several years ago. I had access to the journal database that my school subscribed to.

The only periodicals I have access to these days are what I actually pay for, Trains Magazine and Classic Trains.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Not that I have any way to verify your situation one way or the other, but just thinking practically, if medical journals were openly talking about killing babies, you'd figure that somebody out there, especially within the anti-abortion movement, would have taken notice at some point and made a very concerted effort to spread it around. Are the journals themselves (any in particular you might remember, by the way? I'd imagine reading that sort of thing in one would have left quite an impression on you, not to mention likely led to some very spirited discussions with professors and others) really the only place this information purportedly exists?
Atariboy

Post by Atariboy »

Have you actually went and looked? Type in post birth abortion into Google and I imagine you'll find plenty about it, including references to probably what I read in a medical journal back circa 2008.

I'm haunted enough by things like that which I read years ago and powerless to change this world. So I'm not going to go digging when I do my best to avoid reading or listening to anything on this subject.

Had I not been curious what this thread with an intriguing title was about, I wouldn't even be here. But I felt compelled when I checked the last page and saw some of these comments, to at least make it obvious that at least one individual here doesn't think that life is disposable.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Ok let's do that!!!!!!

Literally ONE article. In all of human history.
"After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?" is a controversial article published by Francesca Minerva and Alberto Giubilini in Journal of Medical Ethics in 2013 (available online from 2012) arguing to call child euthanasia "after-birth abortion" and highlighting similarities between abortion and euthanasia. The article attracted media attention and several scholarly critiques. According to Michael Tooley, "Very few philosophical publications, however, have evoked either more widespread attention, or emotionally more heated reactions, than this article has."

The argument of the article is as follows:

* Abortion is justified because of the moral status of foetuses (their shared status of 'potential persons' is not morally relevant)
* Abortion is justified when the foetus has severe abnormalities or would be an intolerable burden to its mother/family (at least when adoption is not a viable option due to not being in the best interests of actual persons)
* Newborns have the same moral status as foetuses (there are no morally relevant differences between them), if they suffer unbearably
* Newborns may be born with severe abnormalities (that cannot always be diagnosed before birth) and can be an intolerable burden on their mother/family (including when circumstances change after birth)
* Therefore, "after-birth abortion" (euthanasia of newborns) can be justified in some circumstances
Typical post-hoc reasoning. You don't say "a white person kicked me in the nuts one time so therefore white people bad" because it's rational, you'd say it because you hate white people and use some bullshit as an excuse. Bullshit is a beautiful shield that protects from ever having a real conversation and exposing your true self.

Anyway, infanticide was the major form of birth control during the tribal period of development, which we are indeed going back to as the trough runs dry and the collapse of civilization manifests itself. We could use a little less of the oil and get there a little later, but, you know. Hogs don't have that level of self control. Can't. Some other hog would eat their share.
that at least one individual here doesn't think that life is disposable.
So you support universal healthcare, free contraception, paid time off for mothers, free baby food, free daycare; just basically creating a world where absolutely no one would ever NEED or WANT an abortion, etc. A hippy communist fighting to reduce suffering and exploitation in the world.

Glad to have your help and your vote, comrade o7
Atariboy

Post by Atariboy »

All I said is that it's already been discussed in medical journals.

As for the rest, you know absolutely nothing about me.
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Atariboy wrote:As for the rest, you know absolutely nothing about me.
You said you support life, so you have to support universal healthcare. Or you'd be a liar.

Are you a liar?
Atariboy

Post by Atariboy »

Yes, I support universal healthcare. Satisfied?
BryanM

Post by BryanM »

Atariboy wrote:Yes, I support universal healthcare. Satisfied?
Mostly.

Unfortunately the only action one could actually take to "support" it was voting Sanders in the primaries. Most people flat out relegate it to like... #9 or #10 on their list. Things like how much they like a certain personality, which tribe they grew up in, guns, what the TV tells them to do ("Corbyn is an anti-semite!" parroted ten trillion times) tend to take precedence and make whether one is pro or con on it an absolute non-factor.

Ah, and sorry for being rough - I always edit these things down a bit seconds after posting them to remove some emotion or a misinterpretable word choice, and you probably read one right as I was editing. (My extreme love of swearing is very easily interpreted as anger, when it extremely rarely is. Swearing should never be tainted with bad vibes, as one of this thread's theme songs demonstrate.) You came in sounding bitter that the democrats were actually going to do anything, which is extremely extremely extremely silly to the point that it seems like you're a traveler from another dimension. And as you say, as a new guy, you just might be.

Roe vs Wade is dead until 2024 at the very least, and 2028 realistically. You'll have your win for maybe even longer than that. Joe Biden is very much not FDR nor Lincoln. You'll have to wait for three justices to die to see this undone. I hope I'm wrong and you're right, but I've been watching these chuckleducks for over twenty years now. They don't care and get paid either way.
Atariboy

Post by Atariboy »

I actually left my ballot blank for president the last time around. While I voted, I've not cast a vote for that particular office in the past two presidential elections. I just can't bear to bring myself down to voting for a candidate that I view as unqualified and unsuitable for the job, just because I see them as the lesser of two evils.

While I view myself as a conservative, there's plenty of aspects where I don't agree with what's commonly associated today with the conservative ticket. For instance, stricter laws to help keep guns out of the hands of lunatics is something I fully agree with. While I support legal gun ownership even though I have no desire to own one personally, I see no reason at the same time why it shouldn't be regulated and kept as secured as possible.

And at the same time where I agree with that half of Washington DC, I also agree with the other half that says it's a mental health issue afflicting this country like the recent school shooting in Texas. Where I don't agree with either side is how they both seemingly can't see that the problem revolves around both aspects (The ease of acquiring a firearm and America's mental health crisis), along with many other problems like poverty.

There's no easy fix, nor is there any one avenue that is required to be addressed if we're ever going to combat the problem. I don't know how to fix it, but I do know it needs to be attacked on all fronts if we're to at least try.