Radirgy Noa Massive Windows Port?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
z0mbie90

Radirgy Noa Massive Windows Port?

Post by z0mbie90 »

Hey all! I know this is a stupid thread but I have tried searching for info of this for a while back can't find any.

Supposedly there are a PC version of Radirgy Noa Massive. What I have found so far is that is was included in the Milestone Sound Collection.
From Wikipedia:A Microsoft Windows version was released on February 25, 2011 as part of the Milestone Sound Collection

Anyone of you who have a copy or seen it in action? Can't find any videos or nothing.
KAI

Re: Radirgy Noa Massive Windows Port?

Post by KAI »

Same info here
But i though it was a data disc with material about Noa, not a port.
MILESTONE SOUND COLLECTION was released by Milestone, not by a record label, so it's a possibility.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

No one got any information on this? Maybe not so much Miletstone love :x
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

It does indeed appear that Disc 5 of the collection is a Windows version of Radirgy Noa:

http://vgmdb.net/album/23479
Limited run (first printing only).

All tracks remastered by quad from luvtrax.

Includes remixes from Chaos Field (GC/PS2), Radirgy (GC/PS2), and Radirgy Noa Massive (XBOX360)
The fifth disc is a CD-ROM of Radirgy Noa Windows Version.

Disc 1:
chaos field: 01~12
radirgy: 13~25

Kou Hayashi: 2-5, 7, 9, 10, 18, 21, 22, 24, 25
Daisuke Nagata: 1, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11-17, 19, 20, 23

Disc 2
karous: 01~14
illvelo: 15~29

Kou Hayashi: 2, 3, 5, 8, 11-13, 19, 22, 24, 27-29
Daisuke Nagata: 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 14-18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 26

Disc 3
radirgy noa: 01~17
radirgy noa massive: 18~22

Kou Hayashi: 5, 8-10, 12, 16, 17, 19, 22
Daisuke Nagata: 1-4, 6, 7, 11, 13-15, 19, 20, 21

Disc 4
chaos field [NINTENDO GAMECUBE, PlayStation 2] ver.: 01~08
chaos field limited remixes: 09~11
VIDEO GAME MUSIC LIVE EXTEND k.h.d.n. live rec.: 12~19

Kou Hayashi: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9
Daisuke Nagata: 3, 6, 7, 8, 10
k.h.d.n. with Ikeda MinoRock: 11-19

Disc 5
Radirgy Noa (Windows CD)
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Also the (horribly) translated info from their site:
For the soundtrack of last week we reported, the new information.
We have decided to "MILESTONE SOUND COLLECTION" in the title!
In addition, it is now possible to tell a more detailed product information is also available.

Title: MILESTONE SOUND COLLECTION

Price: 4,800 yen (excluding tax)

Number of CD: all 5-Disc (sheet of CD4, sheet CD-ROM1)

Song: 95 songs

Expected Release Date: February 25, 2011 (Fri.)

Collection work:
Chaos Field Rajirugi crow Irma tick envelope Rajirugi Noah Noah MASSIVE Rajirugi

Description:
■ re-mastered songs!
Completely remastered Original Soundtrack music milestone has produced in the past.
The album has become a true milestone and the culmination of shooting game.
The contest in the "EXTEND" as a mastering engineer luvtrax participants like "quad" of.

■ CD mosquito sound source, the first work unreleased songs Mi CD!
Song "Chaos Field" remix version · PS2 version GC, song "Rajirugi" remix version · PS2 version GC,
"Rajiruginoa MASSIVE" XBOX 360 version is the first mosquito sound source CD.

■ Also includes the latest live sound!
In the event "VIDEO GAME MUSIC LIVE EXTEND" held on January 9, 2011,
Sound recording live sound unit "khdn" has been played (all 9 tracks on this disc)!

■ secret disk "Rajiruginoa" Windows version of the illusion!
"Rajiruginoa" Windows version, a special version was implanted based on the "Rajiruginoa MASSIVE" version Xbox360.
Due to changes in the config file settings, such as the invincible and you can use Stage Select, a variety of functions.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Limited run (first printing only)
:?

Why didn't they made a retail version if they made a PC version.
Have wanted to play this game a long time, but don't have an NTSC-J Xbox360.

Well thanks for more info atleast :P
spray

Post by spray »

Bought the CDs and have the game installed. It crashes every time I try to start, unfortunately. Currently running Win7, tried in various compatibility modes and using AppLocale to no avail. Going to try getting a Japanese WinXP VM set up to play it, as well as give wine a shot.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Cool. Tell me of it worked.
Where did you buy it?.
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

...And that's why I like game consoles. Idiotic region-lockouts aside, you never have to worry if and how well a game will run.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Friendly wrote:...And that's why I like game consoles. Idiotic region-lockouts aside, you never have to worry if and how well a game will run.
Xbox 360 would like to have a word with you:

z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

I don't know if this can help. But I think I have read that some games need to have Regional and Language Options set to Japanese in Windows.
I'm not sure and I stand corrected if I'm way off :D

Well if you got an high performance PC, you rarely never have to worry about games running slow or bad either.
shaowebb

Post by shaowebb »

Is this the same Radirgy included on Ultimate Shooting Collection for the Wii in the U.S. or is this some sort of sequel to that one?
MathU

Post by MathU »

I would try Applocale before changing your whole system's region setting.
shaowebb wrote:Is this the same Radirgy included on Ultimate Shooting Collection for the Wii in the U.S. or is this some sort of sequel to that one?
Radirgy Noah is the sequel to Radirgy.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
spray

Post by spray »

z0mbie90 wrote:I don't know if this can help. But I think I have read that some games need to have Regional and Language Options set to Japanese in Windows.
I'm not sure and I stand corrected if I'm way off :D

Well if you got an high performance PC, you rarely never have to worry about games running slow or bad either.
I'll give that a shot when I get home. I tried in an XP SP3 VM with a fully Japanese install and the game started, but that had either a weird input issue causing some kind of constant keypress, or some framerate issue when the window is in focus. During the starting demo it skipped rapidly between scenes forever. I'm going to try an SP2 VM next, then a real SP2 install if that doesn't help. I'll also see if I can get it running in Wine on my computer here at work. Long shot, but you never know!

Also, in case it matters, it starts in windowed mode.
MathU wrote:I would try Applocale before changing your whole system's region setting.
shaowebb wrote:Is this the same Radirgy included on Ultimate Shooting Collection for the Wii in the U.S. or is this some sort of sequel to that one?
Radirgy Noah is the sequel to Radirgy.
I tried applocale, it didn't seem to help. I read somewhere that the XP compatability mode part doesn't know about any asian fonts, and I don't see a way to make it aware. I've tried every combination of compatibility mode from XP SP2 to Win7, both with and without applocale.
z0mbie90 wrote:Cool. Tell me of it worked.
Where did you buy it?.
Off ebay. I'll post pics of the note the seller sent me, and some other stuff, as I thought it was a little funny.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Was this for real in the end? I couldn't find any youtube video about it, or even a review or something.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
spray

Post by spray »

Sorry for the complete silence. I gave up on trying to get it to work and totally forgot about this thread. I'm away at the moment, but when I get back I'll put the files up somewhere. PM me if you'd like a link when they do get up. Just make sure you post here if you do manage to get it to work!
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Oh shame you didnt get it to work spray. I never got to get a copy, and I have no idea if they are easy to get by now. Yeah Oniros, it appear to be real. I also had none luck finding screenshots, videos. People on ebay should make this an super r@re item!
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

spray wrote:Sorry for the complete silence. I gave up on trying to get it to work and totally forgot about this thread. I'm away at the moment, but when I get back I'll put the files up somewhere. PM me if you'd like a link when they do get up. Just make sure you post here if you do manage to get it to work!
It's extremely commendable of you to post back. I wasn't expecting it! Thanks for the offer, I'm definitely interested. Given how Treasure is porting Ikaruga to Steam, this is another of those "Japan doesn't get PC gaming" moments. This and the impossible-to-find Raiden III Windows release.
Squire Grooktook wrote:

*cue Heavy Day*
MathU

Post by MathU »

Raiden III had a fantastic PC port. The people who did it, Cyber Front, were one of the few Japanese PC developers who really did "get" it.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

MathU wrote:Raiden III had a fantastic PC port. The people who did it, Cyber Front, were one of the few Japanese PC developers who really did "get" it.
Maybe. But if it's not available on digital distribution then what is the point? :/ I would gladly pay $20 for a release on Steam or GOG or whatever. Even when the PS2 Classic version costs $6 on PSN.
Squire Grooktook wrote:

*cue Heavy Day*
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Count me in for trying to get this working. I have a feeling being as old as it is it might run on my legacy PC or at least one of the several computers I've got around the place. :)
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

cyberfront did not "get it", although i like your basic metric for "getting" pc gaming, mathu. raiden iii is already type x, so there was practically no effort involved on their part. likewise, there appears to have been a system in place to easily port playstation games to the pc.
Oniros wrote:Given how Treasure is porting Ikaruga to Steam, this is another of those "Japan doesn't get PC gaming" moments. This and the impossible-to-find Raiden III Windows release.
japan does not get pc gaming, and why should they when they're fine with their phones that do Everything and maybe some cheap pc that also does Everything? the whole "pc gaming" thing died when microsoft took over, and even then over there "pc gaming" is essentially a niche within the "pc" niche itself.

that's starting to happen in "the west" too. "the pc is dying/dead" is only fearmongering when smartphone dorks use it to scare pc dorks, as it's very real. related; the surface was supposed to revive the pc wholesale and kill every single alternative in the process, but while the product is amazing the marketing is not. and now microsoft sucks and i don't trust them with anything anymore
Last edited by Despatche on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
spray

Post by spray »

I was digging through my stuff a move or four after my initial posts and came across the CD. Anyone who PMed me should have gotten a link.
GSK

Post by GSK »

I'm not sure I still own this but I had a copy several years ago... from memory, it's not a port so much as a debug build they threw on the CD for kicks. If you're serious about wanting to play the game on PC you'd probably be better served emulating the Wii version.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

That's one hell of a necro... I was briefly thinking it had gotten put on Steam or something. :( I still haven't played Noa.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
spray

Post by spray »

I never got it to play myself, but I ended up getting the real thing for Naomi. Pretty fun game.
KAI

Post by KAI »

This works like a charm on my pc (XP FTW). Suck to have to use joy2key for it tho.
If only they had made an Illvelo port instead of this...
spray

Post by spray »

Oh sweet! I'll have to give it a shot again some time soon. Can you share any details regarding hardware, driver versions, etc? I suspect it wasn't working for me because I was using a VM which probably had a janky-looking graphics card from the POV of the game.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Haven't been able to get it to work yet but I am on 7 and not XP so that may explain this.
Does it have the X360 exclusive modes or does it only feature Arcade and Expand like the Wii version?
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
KAI

Post by KAI »

Haven't played the 360 port, but this looks like massive with less modes and options
Spoiler
spray wrote:Can you share any details regarding hardware, driver versions, etc?
Win XP sp3 (jap system locale), Dual core processor, Radeon HD 4600 series GPU, fully updated DirectX stuff (Visual C++, Net Frameworks and all that shit).