double elimination round 1

wolfman24

double elimination round 1

Post by wolfman24 »

DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT
A couple of hours left...and the double elimination part of our tournament will start !!

General info:

* The 8 highest seeded teams will get a bye for elimination round / week 1
* Only the top 24 ranked teams will qualify for the double elimination tournament
* the elimination part of our tournament has 4 brackets of teams. With one loss you will go into the loser's bracket where you will have to fight your way back.
* we will publish when and which game a team has to play each round / week. This depends on your rank after the seeding rounds and whether or not staying in the winners bracket or having to fight your way back in the loser's bracket.

Elimination - Winners round 1
This coming week teams ranked # 9 untill # 24 will play "Elimination - winners round 1"

Game = Armed Police Batrider (Japan, B version)
ROMset = batriderj

You will have to install both ROMSet batrider and batriderj to be able to play ROMset batriderj !!

Matches Bracket 1
A. Team ranked # 16 vs Team ranked # 20
B. Team ranked # 12 vs Team ranked # 24

Matches Bracket 2
A. Team ranked # 15 vs Team ranked # 19
B. Team ranked # 11 vs Team ranked # 23

Matches Bracket 3
A. Team ranked # 14 vs Team ranked # 18
B. Team ranked # 10 vs Team ranked # 22

Matches Bracket 4
A. Team ranked # 13 vs Team ranked # 17
B. Team ranked # 9 vs Team ranked # 21

teams with byes
Unprecedented Serious Affair
Homing Shotglass
today is jig
Dan McGoo
legendary saucey
Ryd n' Awesome
Gaijin Bros
despatche edge

brackets will be posted soon

Generic Calendar/Clock - Countdown to Feb 3, 2014 11:59:59 PM in Tamale
ACSeraph

Re: double elimination round 1

Post by ACSeraph »

May I suggest before we kick this off, that if we have players who have teammates who are not participating we pair them up and assign them a new team? Now would be the best time to do it imo.

Also yay for a week off :D Time to go play some Raiden Fighters!
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Does this mean i don't get to play Batrider?? :|
Teh suck.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Eaglet wrote:Does this mean i don't get to play Batrider?? :|
Teh suck.
I know right? We work so hard at Hishouzame and our reward is not getting to play the actually awesome game :lol:
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

ACSeraph wrote: I know right? We work so hard at Hishouzame and our reward is not getting to play the actually awesome game :lol:
Murphy's Law i guess. :P
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
ExedExes

Post by ExedExes »

All the scores have not been updated yet. They missed a few scores (such as my teammate's) from yesterday afternoon. I PMed wolf.
NICE FIGHT!
GimmeClassics

Post by GimmeClassics »

ACSeraph wrote:May I suggest before we kick this off, that if we have players who have teammates who are not participating we pair them up and assign them a new team? Now would be the best time to do it imo.
Based upon the final round 3 standings here's what we have decided:

a. those teams where both team members have submitted a round 3 (Flying Shark) score are not being changed as both team members seem to be activily playing in our contest.
b. those teams where both team members haven't submitted a round 3 (Flying Shark) score are not being changed as both team members don't seem to be activily playing in our contest

....So, starting with Elimination Round 1 only two teams are being changed:
* DazzleHP is now teamed up with revj > team name "Dazz Rev"
* celly is now teamed up with joz > team name "Joz Celly"
>>> the results of round 1, 2 and 3 have changed a little due to this.

Unfortunately we cannot prevent some will have to compete against teams who are sadly not actively participating.

Matches Elimination Round 1 > link
Seeding Round 3 final results > link
Tournament standings > link

[eliminination round 1 results will be updated tomorrow]
Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena »

Bring on the Batrider funtimes! I shall score at least... One hundred thousand points!
Squirrel power for the win
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

GimmieClassics, Are you going to specify which game mode we're playing? Normal or Advanced course?
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
GimmeClassics

Post by GimmeClassics »

Blinge wrote:GimmieClassics, Are you going to specify which game mode we're playing? Normal or Advanced course?
I'm no longer behind my pc but you should use whatever is the the default game setting :)
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Oh man, we just squeaked in eh ACSeraph?

8th place :lol:
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

GimmeClassics wrote:
Blinge wrote:GimmieClassics, Are you going to specify which game mode we're playing? Normal or Advanced course?
I'm no longer behind my pc but you should use whatever is the the default game setting :)
Everytime you put a credit in, you get three options, beginner, normal or advanced course.. and i think special course but that's a boss rush.
"Default" isn't applicable for this choice. I'd imagine anyone trying to get a high score in this game is choosing advanced course as it has more stages.. but I'm really unfamiliar with the game so if anybody wants to step in, please do..
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

normal
Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena »

Put a few credits in

I think the start of Stage 5 is my limit. :(
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

shmuppyLove wrote:Oh man, we just squeaked in eh ACSeraph?

8th place :lol:
Yeah man that was a close call. I just couldn't bring myself to sweep anymore in Hishouzame last week haha
GimmeClassics

Post by GimmeClassics »

Tournament standings have been updated > link

Note: the seeding rounds final results have been attached as image at the end of this post
Edge

Post by Edge »

@GimmeClassics:
First of Thank you and wolf for organizing this tourney I had a lot of fun so far and I really like the unusual format. But I wonder why did you decide to go for 4 seperate brackets?

And what happens with the 4 winner teams of these brackets? Do they go to another table? this table will be double elemination or single elimination? <- Entering another fresh bracket actually defeats the purpose of double elimination, imho. Because when you enter the last bracket you might already have lost once or not at all. So the loss rate of entering teams is not neccesarily even. I kinda think the whole premise of double elminiation is: You can play until you lose twice. No matter at what point in the tourney. You lose a second time and you are out.

So, I might be wrong but wouldn't the tourney be more fun if you just get all teams on one big chart. Things would get more mixed up if you put all remaining 24 teams into one table. It would decrease the chance of meeting the same opponent in the loser bracket. Actually as it is now there is a high chance of the same team battling it out 3 times in one bracket. The potential best teams face in the semi finals, then again there is a pretty high chance they meet again in the finals. And again a 50% chance to get another Finals round.

I personally think it would be more fun if there would be just one bracket with all teams in it. More chances for different match ups. More drama, because the progression is faster. And way more climatic with an easy to identify final. Sorry if I sound like a smart ass. I am really just trying to give constructive feedback. :)

You guys have been doing a good job so far. But I believe splitting the teams onto 4 seperate boards is not a good idea. Just my opinion. :)
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

First credit

Kollision - 2,106,060 - stage 4

TodayIsForgotten

Post by TodayIsForgotten »

Edge wrote:@GimmeClassics:
First of Thank you and wolf for organizing this tourney I had a lot of fun so far and I really like the unusual format. But I wonder why did you decide to go for 4 seperate brackets?

And what happens with the 4 winner teams of these brackets? Do they go to another table? this table will be double elemination or single elimination? <- Entering another fresh bracket actually defeats the purpose of double elimination, imho. Because when you enter the last bracket you might already have lost once or not at all. So the loss rate of entering teams is not neccesarily even. I kinda think the whole premise of double elminiation is: You can play until you lose twice. No matter at what point in the tourney. You lose a second time and you are out.

So, I might be wrong but wouldn't the tourney be more fun if you just get all teams on one big chart. Things would get more mixed up if you put all remaining 24 teams into one table. It would decrease the chance of meeting the same opponent in the loser bracket. Actually as it is now there is a high chance of the same team battling it out 3 times in one bracket. The potential best teams face in the semi finals, then again there is a pretty high chance they meet again in the finals. And again a 50% chance to get another Finals round.

I personally think it would be more fun if there would be just one bracket with all teams in it. More chances for different match ups. More drama, because the progression is faster. And way more climatic with an easy to identify final. Sorry if I sound like a smart ass. I am really just trying to give constructive feedback. :)

You guys have been doing a good job so far. But I believe splitting the teams onto 4 seperate boards is not a good idea. Just my opinion. :)
I wondered this myself. I know when i did Little League Allstars our team was always very good but not good enough. We'd find ourselves in the losers bracket and winning out to play the champion (the team that would always beat us). This format works, but i am unclear if this is how they are envisioning it.

I think the 4 winner teams get to play the bye team like any major playoff format.
Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena »

Getting a little better
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

thanks for the kind words, my original plans were for a big chart but i changed it to 4 seperate brackets due to it would take longer having the big chart. I am going to talk with classic about his opinion on keeping as is or changing to a big one i think the big one is better.
GimmeClassics

Post by GimmeClassics »

Thank you Edge :) ...and yes I agree. I had some doubts about changing everything again but I think its for the best ;) The top 8 ranked teams do still get a bye though !
wolfman24 wrote: thanks for the kind words, my original plans were for a big chart but i changed it to 4 seperate brackets due to it would take longer having the big chart. I am going to talk with classic about his opinion on keeping as is or changing to a big one i think the big one is better.
I agree with you and Edge. I will update the matches and results at GameEx later this evening - if I find some spare time :?
Edge

Post by Edge »

Thanks for your replies. I am glad I could help.

Anyway looking forward to the next games. :)
GimmeClassics

Post by GimmeClassics »

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
we have changed the double elimination setup to a more preferred format. Due to this new setup the teams who face each other in this first round have been changed. So please look at this post for the correct matches. Sorry for this last minute change but quite a few contestants preferred this new setup.

Explanation: All remaining 24 teams are now in one bracket. The 8 best ranked teams still get a bye for the first round.
This new setup decreases the chance of meeting the same opponent in the loser bracket. With the old setup of four brackets there was a high chance of the same team battling it out 3 times in one bracket. The potential best teams face in the semi finals, then again there is a pretty high chance they meet again in the finals. And again a 50% chance to get another Finals round. Having one bracket with all teams in it offers more chances for different match ups and more fun :)
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Sooo... another quick suggestion. Those teams with zero as their score, why not just disqualify them and match up the teams that have a registered score? Otherwise Batrider and the loser's bracket is going to be kind of dumb for people who get matched against no-show teams.

EDIT: Also I clicked your link but I don't see where the new matchups are listed. Also we can't download the final results without joining your forum. Is there any reason you can't just copy and paste the info here?
wolfman24

Post by wolfman24 »

ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

wolfman24 wrote:new bracket
http://challonge.com/shootemup
So basically we don't even have to play week 2, and then we are totally all kindsa fucked against Legendary Saucy in Round 3.

Game over man! Game over!

Please don't make round 2 Darius, I really want to play that game against an actual opponent :(
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

ACSeraph wrote:
So basically we don't even have to play week 2, and then we are totally all kindsa fucked against Legendary Saucy in Round 3.

:shock: ピンチ :shock:
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

shmuppyLove wrote:
ACSeraph wrote:

:shock: ピンチ :shock:
ピンチ