Mushihimesama Futari 1.5, Black Label, Another Version!

Cagar

Re: Mushihimesama Futari Ver1.5 & Black Label 2013!

Post by Cagar »

HELL YEAH GUYS 5th PLACE ON ULTRA SCOREBOARD EBIN!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

1.5 - Xbox 360 - Ultra - Palm
Cagar - 142,155,002 - Stage 2 boss - Abnormal

The point: after clearing god mode I've really started thinking about serious ultra playing.. am I gonna GUS?
Gus get your ass on IRC, I've been missing you

EDIT: OMG UPDATE!!!!!!

1.5 - Xbox 360 - Ultra - Palm
Cagar - 147,749,611 - Stage 3 - Abnormal
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

You know what they say about going full gus....

updated.
MaasBiolabs

Post by MaasBiolabs »

Hi folks. I've got a question about this game - I've been watching some youtube videos and this looks like the kind of shmup I really enjoy - one where you have to think anew each time and there's little rote memorization. Whilst I think games like Ikaruga/Radiant Silvergun are aesthetically beautiful to watch, and to play, I dislike the fact you basically have to learn every move and every shot off by heart if you want to get a high score, unlike other shmups where the scoring system is simpler (or has nothing to do with chaining whatsoever) and the "skill" comes from only dodging and surviving, not memorizing sequences of inputs. However, having looked at the Mushihimesama Futari scoring system, I'm not clear on something, which is basically: how much rote learning is there? Is there an optimum route through each level you really want to learn in order to get a high score, or is simply killing things quickly and dodging and not dying and so forth sufficient? From what I can see, the only level of "strategy" or creating an optimal route is just remembering to bomb when there's loads of bullets on screen. Lastly, I am wondering about the edition to buy if I do end up doing so. I can see this one, but it is listed as NTSC and living in the UK, I have a PAL 360. However, this site suggests it works with PAL. Can anyone verify what version I want to get? Thanks in advance.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

This thread is probably a better place to ask that sort of question.

Mushihimesama Futari is a true, region-free game. Both the standard and limited edition releases are playable on all consoles as far as I'm aware.

Getting good at any shmup takes some degree of learning since anticipating what comes next is extremely helpful. But you're right in that Futari is much less memorization heavy than many shmups; you can get by many segments with tap dodging and simply maneuvering on-the-fly, and it's generally very forgiving of mistakes, especially the easier Black Label DLC mode. Obviously if you're playing on a harder difficulty like Maniac or God/Ultra, memorization will be much more applicable, but yet, it's a very good entry-level shmup compared to Ikaruga since it gives you three bombs per life that do a large amount of damage and give you a good deal of protection time. Coupled with some very potent shot types, the game is a very accessible shmup for beginners.

There's also a Novice mode that slows down things and gives you an autobomb. It's too easy on Original, but Novice Maniac and Novice Ultra are good for getting used to the flow of the game or trying out different shot types.
dannnnn

Post by dannnnn »

MaasBiolabs wrote:Whilst I think games like Ikaruga/Radiant Silvergun are aesthetically beautiful to watch, and to play, I dislike the fact you basically have to learn every move and every shot off by heart if you want to get a high score, unlike other shmups where the scoring system is simpler (or has nothing to do with chaining whatsoever) and the "skill" comes from only dodging and surviving, not memorizing sequences of inputs.
That's a common misconception about Ikaruga/RS. The amount of rote memorisation required is entirely dependent on how high you are aiming to score, and this applies to practically every game in this genre. If you want the highest scores in Ikaruga, you will have to learn the hardest, most complex chains and execute them without fault. The same applies to Futari, if you want to score in that same bracket you will have to learn the most optimal route for max gem collection and stick to it rigidly.

However, if your goals are more relaxed, both games are as flexible as you want to make them. You can learn the easier, shorter chains in Ikaruga - even forego it altogether during the difficult sections - and if you mess up here and there, it doesn't matter, you just keep going and do your best to clear the game with the best score you can manage. Same with Futari, in Original mode you might wanna keep an eye on your gem counter and score as decently as possible during the first two stages, then abandon it during the second half of stage three and play for survival as most people do at first. Maybe pick it back up in stages four and five or just play for survival once you've attained both extends, whatever you're comfortable with.

The point is, almost every shoot-em-up can be as rote-heavy as you want it to be. In a way they're all chaining games; you're chaining together a series of inputs. How near to the optimal chain of inputs you want to aim for is entirely up to you. Sorry if this sounds like I'm taking the fun out of things, regardless of what your scoring goals are, Futari is a great choice. Buy it ;)
Observer wrote:WELCOME TO VIOLENT CITY. That's all the storyline I need.
chempop

Post by chempop »

there's little rote memorization.
That's FAR from the case if you are going for a decent score. I think dannnnn really explained shooting games well:
dannnnn wrote:almost every shoot-em-up can be as rote-heavy as you want it to be.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

dannnnn wrote:That's a common misconception about Ikaruga/RS...
This is an excellent post.
CRI

Post by CRI »

capture device get! :D
link to my mushihimesama futari ultra score:
http://youtu.be/WwTwhezde6g
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Does suiciding before you kill Larsa to get the max end bonus possible only apply to Black Label, or is this a 1.5 thing too? Is it because the end bonus for having 3 bombs in stock is higher than the bonus for having a life stocked?
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

No, Black Label has a weird thing where it won't give any endgame bonus if you have zero bombs, so sacrificing a life makes sense in that situation. In 1.5 one life is worth more than three bombs, so it doesn't make sense to take an intentional death.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Ah - is that possibly a bug they missed? So it applies to Original, Maniac and God as well?
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Hard to tell if it was intentional, but I think it applies across all modes.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Clear bonus is 10,000,000 * lives * bombs. Completely intended. Double that for a Spiritual Larsa kill.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Ah, so if you had 0 extra lives and 6 bombs, you'd get a 0 multiplier on the clear bonus and thus no clear bonus at all, as opposed to a x points per life/bomb as in 1.5. Cool, thanks.
Palgork

Post by Palgork »

Hi there,

After a 8 months pause, I'm back on Futari BL, mainly to prepare a live run for the STUNFEST (a big videogame event in Rennes, France)
My 1st week of training is concluded by a new PB :

Black Label - XBOX360 - Original - Reco
Palgork - 1.297.929.076 - All (Lx2)

Event if it's a really small growth, I think it's encouraging because it have been made despite the loss of a life on the 1st part of the last stage.

The replay is available on the leaderboard.
brokenhalo

Re: Mushihimesama Futari Ver1.5 & Black Label 2014!

Post by brokenhalo »

updated
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

1.29 billion is great! Will your Stunfest run be recorded?
Palgork

Post by Palgork »

Normally it will be recorded and streamed.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Black Label - PCB - God - Reco
pestro87 - 1,898,374,383 - All (Lx0)
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Grats on the God ALL Pestro!
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Thanks, dunpeal! Feels good to get the ALL but the score left a lot to be desired, particularly on Stage 4 and 5. I'll keep working on this :)
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Gratz Gangsta! :D
Gonna make sure to clear it as well as soon as i get it back from Tekniska.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

updated
Palgork

Post by Palgork »

Hi there,

I made a really good run today, if I don't take into account the mistake that cost me 60M at the end (I forgot to suicide me before killing Larsa) :

Black Label - XBOX360 - Original - Reco
Palgork - 1.434.574.573 - All (Lx3, Bx0)

The replay is available on the leaderboard. I think about upload it on Youtube, perhaps with a commented version.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Great work, Palgork! The clear bonus would've easily put you into the #2 spot, too :(

Are you aiming even higher?
Palgork

Post by Palgork »

I aim at least the 2nd place with Reco :P

As long as I think that my run is improvable, i'll continue to play : I have a theorical highscore (by adding all my best runs on training mode) around 1.7B.

In any case I still have to continue my training for my live run at the Stunfest (which takes place from May 2 to 4).
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Great stuff Palgork. I would love to see an upload to youtube with comments.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

updated
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Black Label - Xbox 360 - God - Reco
KRS - 1,530,497,847 - Stage 4 (Boss)

brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Keres wrote:Black Label - Xbox 360 - God - Reco
KRS - 1,530,497,847 - Stage 4 (Boss)

added!