Leiria -Stargazer- [PC Freeware]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
SuperSoaker360

Leiria -Stargazer- [PC Freeware]

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Freeware doujin STG by NonLinear heavily inspired by CAVE's EspGaluda but also pays little homages to other STGs like Ketsui, Dodonpachi, and Battle Garegga.
You can download the game here: http://n-linear.org/stargazer/download.html

Latest version is v1.12, please use that version if you have an earlier version of the game that isn't updated. The full game download should already be at v1.12.

Please post scores in this format:

Code: Select all

Difficulty
Name & Score & Type & Stage
and if playing Original Type

Code: Select all

Difficulty - Original
Name & Score & Stage

R=Easy
R=#&Name&Score&Type&Stage R=[b]1[/b]&BKR&384,968,740&A-Type&ALL R=[b]2[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]3[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]4[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]5[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]6[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]7[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]8[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]9[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]10[/b]&---&---&---&---

R=Normal
R=#&Name&Score&Type&Stage R=[b]1[/b]&P4E&469,527,560&Extra&ALL+TLB R=[b]2[/b]&CSF&445,111,130&A-Type&ALL R=[b]3[/b]&KMG&422,373,210&A-Type&ALL R=[b]4[/b]&Zengeku&380,488,230&A-type&ALL R=[b]5[/b]&BKR&349,973,800&B-Type&ALL+TLB R=[b]6[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]7[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]8[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]9[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]10[/b]&---&---&---&---

R=Hard
R=#&Name&Score&Type&Stage R=[b]1[/b]&Jaimers&2,276,817,910&A-Type&ALL+TLB R=[b]2[/b]&KMG&1,467,018,000&A-Type&6 R=[b]3[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]4[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]5[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]6[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]7[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]8[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]9[/b]&---&---&---&--- R=[b]10[/b]&---&---&---&---

ORIGINAL TYPE
R=Easy
R=#&Name&Score&Stage R=[b]1[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]2[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]3[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]4[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]5[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]6[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]7[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]8[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]9[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]10[/b]&---&---&---

R=Normal
R=#&Name&Score&Stage R=[b]1[/b]&KMG&300,269,260&ALL+TLB R=[b]2[/b]&P4E&253,561,550&ALL+TLB R=[b]3[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]4[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]5[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]6[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]7[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]8[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]9[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]10[/b]&---&---&---

R=Hard
R=#&Name&Score&Stage R=[b]1[/b]&P4E&381,206,000&ALL R=[b]2[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]3[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]4[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]5[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]6[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]7[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]8[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]9[/b]&---&---&--- R=[b]10[/b]&---&---&---

The gameplay mechanic is almost the same thing as EspGaluda. Accel is this game's Kakusei and it even comes with the Overmodes to increase the amount of gems you collect. Collect gems, use Accel, and cancel away for those multipliers! On Easy and Normal, the max multiplier is x100 and on Hard, the max multiplier is x500.

Original Type (unlocked along with Extra Type by 1CCing the game) plays differently. It has a bomb stock as well as a Hyper Gauge that builds as you deal damage and destroy enemies. Hypers can cancel bullets and deal heavy damage. I'm unsure of how to properly play for score on Original Type.

Extend Rates (on Hard) are at 7m, 20m, 50m, 80m, 140m, 200m, 500m, 1b and 2b.
Last edited by SuperSoaker360 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:17 am, edited 21 times in total.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
CStarFlare

Re: Leiria -Stargazer-

Post by CStarFlare »

CSF & 445,111,130 & A-Type & ALL

I'm assuming that the 1 billion extend is for Hard players only.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Yeah. 1b on Normal mode would be pretty insane and I doubt there would be any extends after 1b anyway.
Also, what difficulty is that score on?

EDIT: Took a look at Restart Syndrome. Normal mode it is then!
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Sorry about that. Thanks!

This is a fun game, I hope more people give it some time.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Hard
KMG & 952,756,360 & A-Type & 6

Also apparently the extend rates are slightly different on Normal. I noticed that the last extend for Normal is 200,000,000. I'll check on the Normal difficulty extend rates sometime. Might be different on Easy as well.
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Hard
Jaimers & 2,276,817,910 & A-Type & ALL

Video

This is a very good freeware shmup that is tragically obscure.
BareKnuckleRoo

Re: Leiria -Stargazer- [PC Freeware]

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

ijimodo?!

Easy
BKR & 283,247,640 & C-Type & ALL

Really awesome game. I love Espgaluda, so seeing this was wonderful. I imagine the red bar on the left is a rank meter? Longer you're in alternate mode, the more bullets you get and thus more cancel potential?

My only complaints so far are the default keyboard controls suck, and can't be changed except via external means (yay for AutoHotkey), and the fact that there's no visible timer around your character when you go into slowdown - you have to watch the bar at the bottom right to know when it'll run out or when you've upped the Accel rank.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Normal
P4E & 201,162,600 & B-Type & ALL
Starhall || Abmneshi || Starhall 2
RegalSin wrote:The art in my opinion is quesitonable, because it looks like it relies on computer art
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

oh hey, this is a sequel to something: "The Chaste Full-metal Maiden". not sure how good it is in comparison; i've played neither. unfortunately, lots of nonlinear links are dead right now: here's some mirrors for leiria and leiria 2, and if that isn't the latest stargazer please yell at me.

wonder if they made any other shmups... here's their page.

edit: ah, they're two totally different versions of the same concept. first is more like ketsui with hypers or something. there seems to be some kind of item chain? not sure how it works.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I'm not sure what that red bar on the left side is, but I'm pretty sure the only thing that affects enemy patterns in Accel is your over level. The red bar rises with cancels and drops slowly but I haven't been able to determine what (if anything) it affects.

Stargazer has an unlockable Original ship that plays like the first game - hypers and no Accel. It's basically a different mode - I think a Hard clear would be much easier with Original. When in hyper you can delete bullets with your shot, which is really the only scoring system I've noticed.

There's also an Extra that has a bomb stock instead of a bar but still uses Accel. It's not really that special.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Updated. Great to see more activity!

I'm not quite sure what the red bar on the left does either. And yeah, the lack of a display around your character bothered me a lot since sometimes I wouldn't notice how low I was on gems and since the bullets speed up instantly instead of gradually picking up velocity (Espgaluda-style), sometimes it would cost me a life. Another thing that bothers me are the parts where there are continuously spawning tanks because there aren't any deadzones in this game (aside from the Hard-mode suicide bullets with sealing bullets at point-blank).

I think "The Chaste Full-Metal Maiden" was the original and the Leiria -Stargazer- is a remake of it but I could be wrong.

Might start trying to clear Hard mode again when I have the chance. While the lack of the galuda-style display around your character really irks me, the game still pushes all my buttons when it comes my bullet-cancelling fetish.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Yeah, the constant popcorn enemies in the last stage really don't give much breathing room when their spawn points are near the bottom of the screen. The worst part for me was stage 6's enemies that drop revenge bullets when killed, that gets hectic way too quickly, I need to be MOAR AGGRESSIVE bout using those bombs. Something else I noticed of interest - the game's got a minor Progear style element to it. Killing enemies in normal mode will cancel any bullets that are caught in their blast (you'll notice the bullets near the enemy vanish and turn into the bright star items).

I thought I 1cc'd normal mode on a crappy run, but then the EX boss appeared as was all like "lol, no". She doesn't seem to show up on Easy mode. :P

Holy shit, that EX boss. It's a massive difficulty leap from the final boss! This game gives you a ton of extends and bomb items, but the bullet patterns are incredibly tough later on, and there's a lot more to remember. It's also hard going from Espgaluda to this as you've gotta remember bullet hitboxes are much bigger, particularly the large orbs.

B-Type's pretty good aside from the final bosses... most things its laser can hit with all shots, and its spread is extremely handy in popcorn-rich areas. Its bomb also does crazy amounts of damage even just from tapping the bomb. The downside is that the bomb fires instantly, so if you're not in front of the boss, it can miss, and the damage is only good if you actually get it to hit. This isn't normally a huge issue though.

C-Type is... interesting. It's a bit annoying that your 'main' beam isn't coloured or shaped differently so you can easily identify where you are based on your shots without having to look at your ship and its cluster of pods. Not so much an issue when fighting bosses as the laser is visually distinct. It's great for bosses when you cram all the gunpods on yourself and laser away, but they don't like to stay in position for long since you need to go back to rapid shot to dodge a number of patterns.

A-Type's classic forward shot works great, but the bomb doesn't seem to be terribly powerful unless you actually get the laser sword to hit, which isn't going to happen if you have to tap the bomb.

And 1cc'd Normal. Had a bunch of unnecessary deaths as usual. I realized you could get on top of the stage 3 tank to avoid its shots, Solid State Survivor style (I'm sure both are probably a reference to an arcade shmup I haven't played).

Normal
BKR & 349,973,800 & B-Type & edit: ALL+TLB apparently TLB isn't guaranteed to show in normal

What's the end bonus for remaining lives in stock? I know I can do better than this.

The extra ships are kinda cool. Original should probably be on a different scoreboard once more scores get posted since the pseudo DFK bullet hypers are unusual, and might not actually be competitive scoring-wise with 100-500x cancelling. It's also extremely easy to survive with it. The Extra mode black ship is outright ridiculously powerful. At first glance it looks like it's a thin shot type with a lockon ketsui style... but go into Accel mode and it turns into Asagi from Espgaluda 2, complete with CRAZY damage. Your gunpods latch on to things and just murder 'em, and when you're hitting with the laser too, you can rip through bosses ridiculously fast.
Last edited by BareKnuckleRoo on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Congrats on the clear, Roo! Looking forward to you tearing up Normal and maybe even Hard!

I haven't tried all the ships very much but I just tried Original and Extra. Original should definitely belong on another high score board and I'm thinking Extra should too. Don't know too much about the end game score bonuses though. Oh and I also found out that the red bar on the left is the value of your multiplier.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Normal
KMG & 422,373,210 & A-Type & ALL

Okay so HOLY SHIT, there are actually TLB requirements. This was a Normal ALL clear without the TLB which leads me to believe that there is also an Easy TLB but you didn't meet whatever requirements the game has for it to appear. I wonder if I would have gotten more points if I had TLB cleared.

Okay so from now on, please mark your clear as either ALL+TLB or just ALL.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I'll give Easy a try again and try for a not shit clear where I get hit constantly. I didn't realize Normal mode had a TLB requirement, the first time I beat the final boss in Normal I got the TLB and it killed me, I just assumed it showed up automatically in Normal. I'd died a ton and beat the final boss with literally no extra lives and like, 1000 on the bomb meter. Basically a horrible run that just barely scraped by the final boss.

What was your Accel Rank at? Every time I've played I've been keeping it maxed when possible. Except in Easy I think...? But yeah, my shitty first Normal run made it to the TLB somehow, so the requirements can't be that strict, can they?

Okay, here's a no-miss Easy run.

Easy
BKR & 384,968,740 & A-Type & ALL

No TLB showed up, so the TLB probably doesn't appear in Easy mode. I got hit a few times in non-accel mode and the Easy mode's always autobomb saved me, but it was only a couple of times and not enough to cause anywhere near a gameover even if those hits had cost lives. I had max Accel rank too, as per usual. I also got the extend at the stage 5 midboss, but I know I missed that one the first time I saw the TLB, so its requirements probably aren't tied to that...

Easy's patterns seem to be mostly the same as Normal, though bosses may have a bit less health (this might be A-Type's extra damage doing this). Easy's got a friendlier accel system. Unlike Espgaluda, there's no switchout penalty for going out of Accel mode, so you can quickly enter Accel mode and switch out again, and you'll only lose gems for the time you're in Accel. You also don't lose Accel for killing enemies in Easy mode, so you can't be ejected by accidentally killing a bunch of popcorn and suddenly having your gem meter drop to 0.

The game doesn't seem to give you any extra points for lives in stock. :/

Those bomb/powerup carriers spew bullets like crazy in Accel mode in the later levels.

Is there a story translation anywhere? There's a whole bunch of text in the game I skip cause I simply don't understand it.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Oh, just found this with some google-fu:

https://panchira.wordpress.com/2012/10/ ... e-edition/
1-Life Extend Item appearance condition
Destroy Stage 5 midboss both arms (using bomb & continue allowed)

True Last Boss appearance condition
1. Normal difficulty and above.
2. Get 1-Life Extend Item.
3. No Continue.
Did you miss the stage 5 extend item from the midboss? I didn't save the replay to my bad Normal run, but now that I think about it, I did get the extend, but I lost several lives stupidly in the process of getting it since it was the first time I knew about it.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

BareknuckleRoo wrote:Did you miss the stage 5 extend item from the midboss?
Yeah, it was my first credit getting back into the game so I guess I forgot that there was a hidden extend during that midboss.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

I'd like to update my score:

Normal
P4E & 281,392,600 & B-Type & ALL+TLB
RegalSin wrote:The art in my opinion is quesitonable, because it looks like it relies on computer art
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Updated. Starting to near 300m there, P4E, keep it up!

Hard
KMG & 1,467,018,000 & A-Type & 6

Oh hey, let's die four times to the Stage 3 boss and another four times on Stage 4 because I suck.
Disgusting.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Are you actively playing for score on Hard mode or just going for the clear? This "IT'S ZESSHIKAI ALL DAY LONG BITCHES" is silly, I try to regain gems but revenge bullets everywhere are all "lol, no" and I'm bombing or dipping into my gems to get rid of 'em. Unlike Galuda 2, you can't just stay outta zesshikai in tough sections to avoid spawning bullets, Stage 6's popcorn nonsense is just wacky! This is pretty seriously a step up from Normal. O_o
Zengeku3
Banned User

Post by Zengeku3 »

Tried this game because my maid encouraged me to so here's my first score.

Normal
Zengeku & 380,488,230 & A-type & ALL

EDIT: Also, I'll say that this game was quite fun despite being a complete joke. I'll mess around with Hard mode next because i hear that's pretty tough in comparison.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

I'm playing for score but I'm not really doing any specific routes. I'm pretty careless half the time, I just like seeing x500 x500 x500 x500 x500. :P

Yeah the suicide bullets are a bit tricky but all that time I put into PatriotDark's Extra difficulty seems to help me assess the situation. I'm just waiting for the run where I get into Stage 6 with a ton of lives so I can suicide after I run out of gems to instantly refill them... though I'm not sure if that would be counter-intuitive since I'm still unsure of the end game bonuses with stock lives.

EDIT: Yay Zengeku is here. :D
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

SuperSoaker360 wrote:though I'm not sure if that would be counter-intuitive since I'm still unsure of the end game bonuses with stock lives.
I was actually thinking that was scoring strategy, because unlike Espgaluda, the potential for 500x cancels gives you a lot more score than the end of game bonus does, at least in Normal. I looked through my Normal replay and got roughly 60 mil out of the end of game lives bonus (which isn't tallied on the score screen, oddly enough).
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Unless I fat fingered something, it looks like lives are ~30 mil each based on Jaimers' Hard mode video.

(His score tally is 2,124,817,910 with 5 lives left, which ended up being 2,276,817,910.)

So lives are way less important than x500s, but you'll have to plan ahead - if you suicide when you're at a critical point it'll be gone by the time you're ready to cash in.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

When I finished my latest run, I got the normal ending up to the point where I was asked to save a replay, but after leaving that screen I got what I assume is some kind of story, consisting of a background and characters accompanying about a hundred pages of Japanese text. This was followed by a screen saying "Another End", then a second, (this time unskippable) credit roll. Does this always happen with Extra type?
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Probably only for Extra Type. You get that ending for 1CC'ing Hard with any type as well I believe.

Actually while we're on the non ABC types, let me add in a scoreboard for Original Type.
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Might as well start the new scoreboard then:

Normal
P4E & 253,561,550 & Original & ALL+TLB

And just a little while later, I suddenly got this spectacularly awesome run:

Normal
P4E & 382,747,420 & Extra & ALL+TLB

:D

In both cases I most likely could've done even better if I didn't bother with the TLB, since I probably lost more in remaining life bonuses than I got. However, I couldn't resist because the TLB is one of the funnest I've played. Still, really happy wth both of these ^.^
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Normal - Original
KMG & 300,269,260 & ALL+TLB

Herpderp let's die a bunch on stage 5 :(
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

Normal
P4E & 393,636,310 & Extra & ALL+TLB

More modest improvement this time.

I'm thinking I can probably beat CStar if I finish with 8 lives in stock. Here, I didn't die until the second Stage 6 midboss, so I'm getting there (:. I died twice more on the TLB, so I finished with 6 instead :/
Pteriforever

Post by Pteriforever »

After much raging, I pulled this awesome Lx7 clear :D

Normal
P4E & 420,207,580 & Extra & ALL+TLB