GD: DoDonPachi Saidaioujou

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Cagar

GD: DoDonPachi Saidaioujou

Post by Cagar »

Dodonpachi saidaioujou homepage (Arcade) - http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/saidaioujou/
Dodonpachi saidaioujou homepage (Xbox360) - http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/saidaioujou/

Misc. stuff, not in any order:

Very helpful blog post with detailed info about scoring (Thanks awo)

http://awowa.blogspot.co.nz/2013/06/dod ... ns-of.html

Some stuff CptRansom is "probably wrong about" (360 mode shot scoring) (Thanks CptRansom)

http://pastebin.com/uMtQjUV3

Ver 1.5 Changes: (Thanks Sapz)

If you collect star items while lasering an enemy, the hit increase timing is no longer reset.

Your combo gauge now increases while lasering something mid-hyper.

When lasering something normally, the rate of hit increase has sped up.

Properties of hypers have changed. While using a hyper:
1. The amount of points for shooting something varies based on hyper level.
2. The ratio of GP value gained varies based on hyper level.
3. The duration of the hyper varies based on hyper level.
4. The number of star items generated varies based on hyper level.
5. The amount of hits gained while lasering something has increased, again based on hyper level.

Parameters of star items have changed:
1. The amount of hits gained for collection has been changed.
2. The amount of score gained for collection has been changed.
3. The amount of GP value gained for collection has been changed.

All star items will be large during a hyper of level 6 or greater.

The amount of score and star items generated per enemy has been changed.

The amount of combo gauge gained from (non-flying?) enemy destruction has been changed.

When collecting a bee item, the amount of hyper gauge gained has been changed, based on the current number of hits.

The conditions for star items to be generated during boss fights have been changed.

The no-miss bonus for stages has been increased.

The amount of points gained from the maximum bonus has been changed.

When you fill the hyper gauge mid-hyper and cancel bullets, the bullets are now turned into large star items rather than small ones.

The amount of hyper gauge gained from collecting stars has been changed, and is based on the current game rank when collecting them.

Hyper timings for 1.5: (Thanks ratikal)

Level 1 - 9 seconds
Level 2 - 10 seconds
Level 3 - 12 seconds
Level 4 - 14 seconds
Level 5 - 16 seconds
Level 6 through 10 - 18 seconds

Translated challenges: (Thanks mimiroru & pestro)

Cgallenges 1-5: beat the midbosses in each stage. you get 1 life, no bombs and lv6 hyper.
6-10: beat the stages (not bosses) without breaking your combo chain.
11-15: collect all the bees in the stages.
16-20: Perfect combos for stages 1-5
21-25: beat the bosses of each stage. first 3 bosses you get 1 life, lv1 hyper and bombs. on the other 2 you get 2 lives and lv2 hyper. you can use autobomb.
26-30: simply clear the stages. you start with 3 lives.
31-34: i think you have to use the midbosses on stages 1, 2, 4 and 5 to recharge your hyper gauge. you use the first part of the stage to build up the gauge.
35: "Aim for a MAX destruction combo meter from the large enemy aircrafts" (?)
36: hyper gauge charge.. charge it before the s1 midboss appears?
37: charge the hyper gauge during the stage 1 boss.. by destroying the parts on it's sides?
38: 4th midboss 1up get. self-explanatory.
39: beat the 4 midbosses on stage 5.. in the video they do recharge the hyper on the 2nd and 4th midboss.
40: hyper stock.. in the video i think they collected a bee during the s5 midboss while hyper was activated to get lv1 hyper.
41-45: beat the midbosses on expert mode. like 1-5 you get 1 life, no bombs and lv6 hyper.
46-50: beat the bosses on expert mode. on first 2 bosses you get 1 life, 3 and 4 you get 2 lives, and the last one gives you 3 lives. lv1 hyper and autobomb can be used.
Last edited by Cagar on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:04 am, edited 11 times in total.
Aleksei

Re: GD: DoDonPachi Saidaioujou

Post by Aleksei »

This

correlates with this

No need to translate!
Next step is to translate dialogue, Pestro87 can do it
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Oh good, they fixed the spelling error so it doesn't say "gage" anymore.

I assume invisible operator turns the talking heads off in the top right?
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

How fast do you get those shop-coins?
Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

It seems to me that every stage is worth 20 coins, but I'm thinking there are other ways to gain coins.
Edit: I think it has something to do with the score now as well.
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Aleksei wrote:This

correlates with this

No need to translate!
Next step is to translate dialogue, Pestro87 can do it
All right, so it's already translated :)

EDIT: I'll begin with the dialogue translation next week
Last edited by pestro87 on Thu May 30, 2013 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

I wonder what that 3000 coins item in the shop is... :shock:
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Aleksei wrote:but I'm thinking there are other ways to gain coins.
You can also earn coins by completing challenges. Having those translated could be useful (if they're not blatantly obvious, anyway).
Tyjet

Post by Tyjet »

Cagar wrote:I wonder what that 3000 coins item in the shop is... :shock:
Looks like a silhouette of Hibachi. Play as Hibachi??
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
mimiroru

Post by mimiroru »

the 3000 coin item unlocks saya as a playable character in arcade mode. edit: .. or at least it seemed so. i can only see her ship in training mode.

quick overview of the challenge mode.

missions 1-5: beat the midbosses in each stage. you get 1 life, no bombs and lv6 hyper.
6-10: beat the stages (not bosses) without breaking your combo chain.
11-15: collect all the bees in the stages.
16-20: not sure what these are. something about combos?
21-25: beat the bosses of each stage. first 3 bosses you get 1 life, lv1 hyper and bombs. on the other 2 you get 2 lives and lv2 hyper. you can use autobomb.
26-30: simply clear the stages. you start with 3 lives.
31-34: i think you have to use the midbosses on stages 1, 2, 4 and 5 to recharge your hyper gauge. you use the first part of the stage to build up the gauge.
35: combo gauge max? can't tell much from the video.
37: charge the hyper gauge during the stage 1 boss.. by destroying the parts on it's sides?
39: beat the 4 midbosses on stage 5.. in the video they do recharge the hyper on the 2nd and 4th midboss.
40: hyper stock.. in the video i think they collected a bee during the s5 midboss while hyper was activated to get lv1 hyper.
41-45: beat the midbosses on expert mode. like 1-5 you get 1 life, no bombs and lv6 hyper.
46-50: beat the bosses on expert mode. on first 2 bosses you get 1 life, 3 and 4 you get 2 lives, and the last one gives you 3 lives. lv1 hyper and autobomb can be used.

i think a quick way of getting coins is doing mission 48. you get 120 coins and it's not hard to beat the ex s3 boss with the given resources.

i'll get some pics of mission descriptions in a bit.

edit:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2uqd44j.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/etv6v6.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/z69h5.jpg
http://oi44.tinypic.com/eug30j.jpg
http://oi42.tinypic.com/5bo6bm.jpg
http://oi39.tinypic.com/nqzk1i.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/2ujo3ye.jpg

just trying out full auto maneuver. pretty much how it sounds: when the ship isn't being controlled, it moves/shoots on it's own.
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

mimiroru wrote:16-20: not sure what these are. something about combos?
The text says "Perfect Stage 1 Combo", "Perfect Stage 2 Combo", and so on. The description for Challenge 16 says "Connect a perfect Stage 1 combo".
mimiroru wrote:35: combo gauge max? can't tell much from the video.
The text says "Combo Meter MAX Destruction". The description says "Aim for a MAX destruction combo meter from the large enemy aircrafts". I assume that they mean that you should fill up a full combo meter by attacking the larger enemies.
Last edited by pestro87 on Thu May 30, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mimiroru

Post by mimiroru »

ah, thanks for the translation.

the auto maneuver tends to get into undodgeable positions/run into enemies, but when it is dodging it's insane! you still have to control the laser, hyper and bombs.

i'm almost positive i saw an arcade leaderboard for saya's ship, but i can't find any option to play as her outside of training. i don't think i saw her ship in the training menu before i brought the 3000 coin thing. maybe she has to be unlocked or something.
awo

Post by awo »

mimiroru wrote: i'm almost positive i saw an arcade leaderboard for saya's ship, but i can't find any option to play as her outside of training. i don't think i saw her ship in the training menu before i brought the 3000 coin thing. maybe she has to be unlocked or something.
After you unlock her with the 3000 coins in the shop, you have to press in the Right Stick on the controller at the character select screen to select Type D (Saya). Here's a video of her in Arcade mode:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20999871
1up

Post by 1up »

could someone explain the different outfits? Theres this normal dress, then a skimpy one and a bikini one? Is it like Shotia, Leinyan and Exy?
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

1up wrote:could someone explain the different outfits? Theres this normal dress, then a skimpy one and a bikini one? Is it like Shotia, Leinyan and Exy?
Pretty much, expert (the swimsuit) has harder patterns too.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

There is just a different outfit for choosing laser type, shot type and expert mode where you have a strong shot and laser. And in this game expert mode doesn't just give fewer bombs, it's a whole new step up in the game difficulty.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

awo wrote:
mimiroru wrote: i'm almost positive i saw an arcade leaderboard for saya's ship, but i can't find any option to play as her outside of training. i don't think i saw her ship in the training menu before i brought the 3000 coin thing. maybe she has to be unlocked or something.
After you unlock her with the 3000 coins in the shop, you have to press in the Right Stick on the controller at the character select screen to select Type D (Saya). Here's a video of her in Arcade mode:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20999871
So...how would you go about doing this with an arcade stick? Guess we'll need to be swapping controllers every time? :lol:
1up

Post by 1up »

shot, laser and expert. no strong mode? booooooh...
Antipika

Post by Antipika »

Keres wrote: So...how would you go about doing this with an arcade stick? Guess we'll need to be swapping controllers every time? :lol:
Purchase a proper stick :d? I mean mine got R3/L3 (HRAP3).
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

I think that there have only been one or two models of stick ever made for the Xbox 360 that actually include those buttons. Hori themselves don't even include them most of the time.

I was just asking whether there was some sort of stick-friendly shortcut. (There still might be, for all we know.)
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Here are the hyper timings for 1.5.

Level 1 - 9 seconds
Level 2 - 10 seconds
Level 3 - 12 seconds
Level 4 - 14 seconds
Level 5 - 16 seconds
Level 6 through 10 - 18 seconds

I tested these using A-L in Stage 2 with Rank 0.
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

im sure the upcoming patch will add an additional button to select Saya :V
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Antipika wrote:
Keres wrote: So...how would you go about doing this with an arcade stick? Guess we'll need to be swapping controllers every time? :lol:
Purchase a proper stick :d? I mean mine got R3/L3 (HRAP3).
Of course, that HRAP3 is PS3 based whereas with the 360, Hori released three HRAPs:

1.) HRAP EX (Sanwa stick but with generic Hori push buttons installed)

2.) HRAP EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts installed)

& lastly,

3.) Real Arcade Pro: EX Premium VLX (based on the Vewlix's control panel setup + all Sanwa parts)

Edited: Yep, it's the Hori Xbox 360 Real Arcade Pro VX SA KAI setup that has the obligatory LSB (Left Stick Button) & RSB (Right Stick Button) functionality/accessibility from the get-go that'll work just fine with the 360 SDOJ release (until the release of a patch to fix the issue of selecting Saya with an analog stick R3 button setup). The above three listed 360 based HRAPs don't have such LSB & RSB functionality whatsoever.

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Xbox-360-Rea ... pd_cp_vg_0

and a second 360 HRAP with the obligatory LSB & RSB functionality in place:

http://www.amazon.com/360-Tekken-Tourna ... cade+Stick

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

This may have already been covered but for clarification's sake. How does the scoring works in arcade, 360 and 1.5?
Jason X

Post by Jason X »

Could someone explain how to perform the double attack in this game?
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

Does anyone even know what it is? Can someone point to a video with time marker for a double attack?

You'll probably get this on accident. Pointblanking, trophy collecting and chaining will increase your chances.

Yes but you can also stick your nose into them to help raise it.

You have to kill it without using a bomb or autobomb but you can use a hyper and you can die. Depending on your skill against him, it could be best to get rid of all bomb stock before you fight him so you don't have a chance of autobombing and losing it if he hits you once. You're better off dying and getting a new extra man with accompanying full bomb stock than you are losing a bomb with autobomb then having the 1UP not appear. Of course if you are playing with autobomb off then it's different...
Tyjet

Post by Tyjet »

What are the exact requirements for both Hibachi and Inbachi. The only source I can find is this here.
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
Meseki

Post by Meseki »

Tyjet wrote:What are the exact requirements for both Hibachi and Inbachi. The only source I can find is this here.
Those are the correct conditions for Hibachi, as they're on the official site as well.

As for Inbachi, two of the conditions were revealed in a blog post: No Miss No Bomb through the Stage 5 boss, and Bee Item Perfect on all stages. The blog post also stated that there are two other conditions, and that those two conditions are different for Shot/Laser and Expert.

From what people have figured out, for Shot/Laser, the other two conditions seem to be: finish Stage 5 boss with at least Rank 30, and have a max Hit count of at least 30,000 Hits. For Expert, I'm not sure if it has been figured out exactly, but I saw a video that had Expert Inbachi with a max Hit count of over 50,000 Hits and ended with Rank over 40.
Jason X

Post by Jason X »

I just unlocked the cheat that marks all the bee locations in the game and noticed something else. There appears to be a cheat that unlocks an "AI partner". Maybe this is how the double attack comes into play?

-edit-

Just figured it out. Double attack is triggered by, oddly enough, pressing both the shot and laser buttons at the same time. Just hold it for 30 seconds without getting hit for one of the Achievements. Hold it long enough for the bar at the bottom of the screen to completely empty out for another.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

I think this should go here, if it doesn't, please delete this.

Concerning XBOX 360 mode.
CptRansom wrote:
Shot, Laser, and Expert shot types correspond to Novice, Normal, and Expert difficulties respectively. Everyone saying 360 Mode is a piss-easy joke can feel free to move up to Laser at any time. This is different from Novice/Arcade/1.5 Modes where Shot/Laser are the same difficulty.

In the top-right of the screen is a number starting at 10k; this number corresponds with the gauge at the bottom of the screen. When you bomb, you remove 1.5k from the meter. When you autobomb, you remove 2k from the meter. The gauge at the bottom of the screen has a mark at 2k letting you know that you're one screwup away from game over.

Shot and laser work like every other ship. Z-type's shot produces some small lasers that will bend a little to home in on nearby enemies. Chaining and hyper building work the exact same as the "regular" modes.

Here's where it gets fun:

If you hold down Rapid Shot and Shot at the same time, you produce what Cave calls the "ShotLaser" (imaginative folks, they are). I'll abbreviate it as SL.

When using the SL, the top-right gauge lowers, you do about double damage to enemies, and all enemies produce big stars (and more of them) which can VERY quickly fill your hyper meter.

When you use a hyper, all stars have a green aura a la Futari's gems. These green stars replenish the gauge.

To score high, you're going to want to use the SL in strategic locations to get the most large stars without completely draining the gauge on useless shit. Huge popcorn waves and large enemies are good targets for this. The problem with this is that you're going to be riding the gauge at a VERY low level through most of the game in order to quickly charge hypers. You're also going to be driving the rank up, which DOES affect the game even on Novice difficulty (with the exception of the TLB fights that are the same whether you're rank 0 or 50). It's a really enjoyable back-and-forth between using hypers to crank up your hit counter and gauge, then dropping your gauge to quickly charge more hypers. Keep in mind that you only have ONE LIFE. There are NO extends for score or the fixed extend at the stage 4 midboss. One life. You get hit with less than 2000 on your gauge and it's immediately game over.

For survival, you've got it easy. Never use the SL. Keep your gauge at 10k and you've got a stock of five autobombs. If you get hit a couple times, simply pop a hyper and build it back up. Hypers build around 3k (very rough guess, honestly) back to your gauge, so it really isn't difficult to keep it full.