Crimzon Clover

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Cagar

Re: Crimzon Clover

Post by Cagar »

KAI wrote:Need the english launcher, the "official" link is dead, anyone willing to help me?
Thanks in advance.
Here is a screenshot of it. The settings are at same spots in the japanese, afaik
KAI

Post by KAI »

Then the fullscreen for widescreen monitors doesn't work for me. Fuck this LED.
Anyone having the same problem?
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

KAI wrote:Then the fullscreen for widescreen monitors doesn't work for me. Fuck this LED.
What do you mean by doesn't work? Does it scale the screen to shit?
Try messing around in nvidia or ati control panel and change some scaling/aspect-ratio settings.
nVidia control panel even has "override scaling-mode set by game" or something, which I have to use. (And then pick the normal full-screen mode)
Works for touhous too
Yield

Post by Yield »

KAI wrote:Then the fullscreen for widescreen monitors doesn't work for me. Fuck this LED.
I've got a 16:10 monitor and the wide-screen option doesn't work for me either.

I get huge black bars on the top, bottom and right.

When I choose regular fullscreen it fits to the screen as it should.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

Rancor, try to get us some unlimited footage, would you? :)
KAI

Post by KAI »

A picture speaks a thousand words, this is what happens when I choose fullscreen for widescreen:

And normal fullscreen looks awfully stretched

I'll try setting windows to Jap or using Sizer.
LtC

Post by LtC »

Cagar wrote:THANK YOU rancor.
I'll check this out in a minute, I've been playing crimzon clover like crazy lately
I thought you disliked the game. What changed your mind?
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

LtC wrote: What changed your mind?
1 year of more shmup-experience.
I still don't agree with everything in the game (patterns coming from sides and behind you, stage 3 snakes, transparent hitbox, some difficulty-curve stuff) but as I can now clear it and have enough skill to focus on scoring instead of surviving, this game is just badass. I also have slowly developed a hyper-fetish during the year..

This arcade version however, fixes pretty much everything I would have fixed too, if I could edit the game. My body is totally not ready, I still want to enjoy other shmups...
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

KAI wrote:A picture speaks a thousand words, this is what happens when I choose fullscreen for widescreen:

And normal fullscreen looks awfully stretched

I'll try setting windows to Jap or using Sizer.
Exact same issue that I had.
Read my post:
Cagar wrote: What do you mean by doesn't work? Does it scale the screen to shit?
Try messing around in nvidia or ati control panel and change some scaling/aspect-ratio settings.
nVidia control panel even has "override scaling-mode set by game" or something, which I have to use. (And then pick the normal full-screen mode)
Works for touhous too
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I just saw this posted at NeoGAF. (Judging by the poster's name, I'm assuming this is one of yours, adversity1? Person in the shot is NTSC-J.)

And yes, that is CC AC in tate (where applicable). My pants just exploded.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

That looks a hell of a lot better than super letterboxed widescreen mode.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Crimzon Clover in Tate Mode :shock: :shock: :shock: Give me a new PC version or XBLA. PLZ
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

FUCKKKKK! :shock: :D
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
KAI

Post by KAI »

I'm hearing a remixed soundtrack, nice.
enjirube

Post by enjirube »

Does anyone have the links to Crimzon Clover videos of the game in the arcade? I would love to check some of that footage out. :D
死ぬがよい。
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

In addition to the halved Break Mode duration and the doubled lock-on multiplier, I've noticed from the footage that Break Rate doesn't degrade at all in stage, only on bosses. It certainly looks like they've intended Crimzon Clover ver1.5 to be far higher scoring than its PC counterpart.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Icarus wrote:In addition to the halved Break Mode duration and the doubled lock-on multiplier, I've noticed from the footage that Break Rate doesn't degrade at all in stage, only on bosses. It certainly looks like they've intended Crimzon Clover ver1.5 to be far higher scoring than its PC counterpart.
As if Crimzon Clover score values weren't stratospherical... Those changes improve the gameplay? If not I then why they do this?
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I don't suppose anyone has unlocked a new ship yet? There seems to be a spot for one on the select screen but it's probably not as "easy" to unlock as in the PC version.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

O. Van Bruce wrote:
Icarus wrote:In addition to the halved Break Mode duration and the doubled lock-on multiplier, I've noticed from the footage that Break Rate doesn't degrade at all in stage, only on bosses. It certainly looks like they've intended Crimzon Clover ver1.5 to be far higher scoring than its PC counterpart.
As if Crimzon Clover score values weren't stratospherical... Those changes improve the gameplay? If not I then why they do this?
I can't really say until I have access to the game (probably never, unless I fly over to Japan at some point), but personally I liked it when Break Rate degraded throughout, as it was a challenge to keep it high enough to score decently with. The changes to the scoring system (at least in Original) now mean that you have to use Break as much as you can to continually push up Break Rate, switching to Double Break when you can charge it up quickly enough, and on bosses. It looks really easy to achieve extremely high Break Rate values in later stages (3 and 5 especially) because of this, compared to the PC version.

I'm not sure if they've tied the rate that you gain Break Power to your lock multiplier though, as I saw ISO get DBM fairly often with casual play.

The changes certainly seem to make the game harder, as you can't use the added power of Break and Double Break as often. I also noticed that you're invincible for half as long when you activate Break Mode, as well.

Still want to see footage of Unlimited, to see what's been altered in that. Given that so far footage has shown a lot of changes in both Boost (which looks like Simple with altered patterns, semi-permanent Break and altered rank mechanics) and Original (with new enemies, altered attack patterns and modified scoring system), I hope the changes to Unlimited don't destroy the game.
LtC

Post by LtC »

It seems to me they greatly reduced the amount of extra break rate you get from point blanking as well. The leap of improved between the releases is almost as big as the old demo against the full version. Yotsubane seems to be really good at improving his stuff compared to the average developer. I suppose it's the experience in the shmup genre.

TATE mode looks great but I'm slightly annoyed seeing the break rate percentage box is in play area. Can't really tell how disruptive it would be without actually trying it though.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Scores are big already. I watched ISO play and he had a high of 2.4 billion in Original. Highest Boost score I've seen is 4.6 billion. Not many people are playing Unlimited or Time Attack.
CStarFlare wrote:I don't suppose anyone has unlocked a new ship yet? There seems to be a spot for one on the select screen but it's probably not as "easy" to unlock as in the PC version.
Lots of people have, but I still haven't even after a dozen or so credits. It says I'm at about 89% though, so maybe after a couple more.

I really like the way they use the Nesica cards to keep track of personal records and achievements. Very polished game all around, I wish there were more cabs with it closer to where I live. HEY now has four of those vertical cabs, by the way.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Are their many vertical games available on nesica? Besides CC of course.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
vvv

Post by vvv »

enjirube wrote:Does anyone have the links to Crimzon Clover videos of the game in the arcade? I would love to check some of that footage out. :D
Original - Type-Z,
The videos just uploaded today :
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Edit : link fixed
Last edited by vvv on Thu May 09, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

vvv wrote:
enjirube wrote:Does anyone have the links to Crimzon Clover videos of the game in the arcade? I would love to check some of that footage out. :D
Original - Type-Z,
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
This new 2nd form of the ex-boss is like the coolest thing I've ever seen in a shmup.
EDIT: Btw you messed up part 2 and 3
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

NTSC-J wrote:
Scores are big already. I watched ISO play and he had a high of 2.4 billion in Original. Highest Boost score I've seen is 4.6 billion. Not many people are playing Unlimited or Time Attack.
You mean ISO scored 2.4trillion? 2.4bil is really low in the context of Original Mode scoring, even on the PC version.
And surprising that not many are playing Unlimited - I find it more fun than Original, at least on the PC version, with all the lock cancelling and more structured use of Break Mode.
vvv wrote:
Original - Type-Z,
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Nice to see that Type Z is as retardedly overpowered as ever.
And they upgraded TLB2, lol. Those patterns look evil.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

That part 2 death at 9:56 ... ew :|
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Icarus wrote:
NTSC-J wrote:
You mean ISO scored 2.4trillion? 2.4bil is really low in the context of Original Mode scoring, even on the PC version.
And surprising that not many are playing Unlimited - I find it more fun than Original, at least on the PC version, with all the lock cancelling and more structured use of Break Mode.
Yea, trillion. Boost scores are in the billions though.

I haven't played the PC version, but the arcade one is hard as hell. Furthest I've made it on Original is just before the fourth stage boss, and this is after several credits. Unlimited looks too brutal for me right now.

I watched your replays and it looked like there are tons of extends compared to the stingy arcade version.
1up

Post by 1up »

Has the pestering of Yotsubane/clover-tac begun yet? :lol:
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

NTSC-J wrote:I haven't played the PC version, but the arcade one is hard as hell. Furthest I've made it on Original is just before the fourth stage boss, and this is after several credits. Unlimited looks too brutal for me right now.
I watched your replays and it looked like there are tons of extends compared to the stingy arcade version.
Unlimited is brutal, no doubt about it. And it is absolutely hilarious. :lol:
I play Unlimited almost exclusively now, there's just so much to do in it. Simple is a waste of time, and Original, while fun, seems a little tame after experiencing Unlimited's insanity.
And yeah, the PC version does give a lot more extends out. This change makes the AC version harder by default, though if you are very proficient in generating Break Power, you could easily hit Extend thresholds using a combination of Star Items from mid/bosses and 200% charge DBM.
enjirube

Post by enjirube »

vvv wrote:
Original - Type-Z,
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
死ぬがよい。