How long did it take you to get your 1 CC's?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Bananamatic

Re: How long did it take you to get your 1 CC's?

Post by Bananamatic »

futari original - 3 credits
futari maniac - around 15-20 credits?
espgaluda II - same as futari
dfk ura strong - maybe 20 hours of practice and 6 attempts, 5 of which didn't loop
chorensha 68k - maybe 6 credits and some practice for a 1 miss 2-ALL normal, 1 more credit to beat hard(which was also a 1 miss iirc)
ketsui looped - 33 hours or so

the rest doesn't really stand out
Hagane

Post by Hagane »

CptRansom wrote:Is there a way to get MAME to keep track of that? It would be pretty neat. =D
Go to View -> Customize fields and add "Play time".
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

I've a lot of 1CCs so I may as well state the most well-known one to me which would be the dreaded Ketsui.

Ketsui is a tough cookie -- 36 hours to 1CC it for me.
I'm on 80 hours now and I still have yet to loop it. :lol:
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Hagane wrote:
CptRansom wrote:Is there a way to get MAME to keep track of that? It would be pretty neat. =D
Unfortunately most mame gui's don't support this (only mameui it seems, but not mameuifx or mame+gui).
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

Hagane wrote:
Works for latest ShmupMAME. Thank you, sir.
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

UFO took 30 hours.
Ten Desires silly challenge took 45 hours.
Looping Ketsui took 30 hours of focused practice over 2 weeks.
DB has been ~450 hrs and still haven't made it past 2-5. I don't play that game often because it will lead to me beating myself up and hating the game, which I don't want to do. It's my favorite game - I don't want to pull a Gus about it and leech all of the fun out of it to pursue a success I'll immediately discount.
It's fucking crazy how much better than me Banana is. He doesn't talk about shmups much so I don't assume he plays but I'm honestly real impressed.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

I've played shmups casually since forever, but other than a short burst of hardcore play in college with Triggerheart Exelica I haven't played seriously until the last few months. Because of this, I have't ever 1cc-ed a game. But I am currently determined to do so for Exelica. I play for score though, not just survival, and I won't be satisfied with any less than a true ending clear, so that probably affects how much time Ive put into it. Since the 360 version first came out, Id say Ive probly made 200 attempts at the game. I expect to finish it off once and for all within a month.

Looking at these times makes me feel like I must be pretty bad at these games, but actually I think it might just be that your first 1cc is the hardest because you are learning all of the skills required for shmups from scratch.

So I would like to know, especially from some of you badass players who are 1cc-ing stuff in just 1 day of play, how long did it take for you to get your very FIRST 1cc and what was it? Any motivational advice for someone who wants to learn to get good?
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Not a supah badass player here but my first 1cc was pathetic :oops: . UFO normal using Reimu B (yeah, I'm a homing guy), which took me 2 and halve months playing almost everyday 1 hour :D

That was back in 2010... from July to October... I jumped and squealed like a little girl when I did it. :lol:

I got UFO Hard 1cc 2 months ago using Reimu A...
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

ACSeraph wrote:So I would like to know, especially from some of you badass players who are 1cc-ing stuff in just 1 day of play, how long did it take for you to get your very FIRST 1cc and what was it? Any motivational advice for someone who wants to learn to get good?
I wouldn't call myself a badass, but I've cleared a healthy number of shooters (60-70?). My very first clear was back in 2001 or 2002 with Giga Wing 2. It took me about two weeks of an hour or two a day, but I was also focusing on scoring.

My advice is pretty obvious: find a game you like and stick with it. Don't switch around a lot and watch replays if you get stuck.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

RNGmaster wrote: It's fucking crazy how much better than me Banana is. He doesn't talk about shmups much so I don't assume he plays but I'm honestly real impressed.
I'll say. An ESPGaluda II clear in 3 credits. :lol:

I'm no badass player for sure, especially when it comes to sticking with a game to drive for score. Too much to play and my palette isn't limited to shmups by any stretch.

Only thing I learned from my shmup clears is I can achieve them quite fast when I put the effort in. I'm just bad at finding the conviction in the first place.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

ACSeraph wrote:So I would like to know, especially from some of you badass players who are 1cc-ing stuff in just 1 day of play, how long did it take for you to get your very FIRST 1cc and what was it?
Before I started really getting into shmups, I played plenty of Metal Slug when I was 10. By the time I was 11, I had 1CC'd Metal Slug 4 and 5 because I did like two plays of the game every day and I had memorized what to do in all the situations.

My first shmup 1CC was Triggerheart Exelica though. It was also my first bullet-hell shooter and I pulled it off when I was 13. A good month of practicing an hour or two a day. I made sure to do plenty of Stage 1 and Stage 3 practice runs for consistency purposes on the True Bosses.

When I was 14, I started playing Touhou. Touhou 6: EoSD was my next 1CC, where I managed to get a normal 1CC after about 2 and a half weeks. My lame strategy was to play on Lunatic for a good week and a half and then go back to normal and laugh at how easy it is compared to luna.
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Skykid wrote:I'll say. An ESPGaluda II clear in 3 credits. :lol:
I meant futari maniac
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Bananamatic wrote:
I meant futari maniac
Ah... but Espgaluda II even in 15 to 20 credits is an incredible feat Banana. Incredible.

That game is balls hard by the last two stages, up there with Ketsui/DOJ. You cleared it lightning speed. Is any scoring involved in that, or pure kakusei manipulation for the clear?

Zengeku3
Banned User

Post by Zengeku3 »

SuperSoaker360 wrote: When I was 14, I started playing Touhou. Touhou 6: EoSD was my next 1CC, where I managed to get a normal 1CC after about 2 and a half weeks. My lame strategy was to play on Lunatic for a good week and a half and then go back to normal and laugh at how easy it is compared to luna.
That is actually not that lame of a strategy. Playing on higher difficulties will help your dodging skills improve faster. If it's a looping game, try practicing the loop and such.
Skykid wrote:
Bananamatic wrote:
I meant futari maniac
That game is balls hard by the last two stages, up there with Ketsui/DOJ. You cleared it lightning speed. Is any scoring involved in that, or pure kakusei manipulation for the clear?
Harder than 1-alls of those games I would think. Also remember that Bananamatic is playing with an imperfect emulation so it might actually be a bit harder that way. I tried 5-10 credits at it myself and I only got to the final stage once i think, so I believe it's quite a bit harder than Ketsui/DOJ's first loops.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Zengeku3 wrote: Harder than 1-alls of those games I would think. Also remember that Bananamatic is playing with an imperfect emulation so it might actually be a bit harder that way. I tried 5-10 credits at it myself and I only got to the final stage once i think, so I believe it's quite a bit harder than Ketsui/DOJ's first loops.
Lol, listen to you guys! :D

I most certainly didn't get to Espgaluda II's last stage on my first 5-10 credits (keeping in mind it has 6 stages rather than Cave's usual 5), especially since Shin Seseri is a bitch of a boss. Then again I was playing for score trying to 1up in the first stage a lot. I've reached Espgaluda II's final stage several times, but - and the same with DOJ/Ketsui - no way near as quickly as that. That's like, one afternoon's play (about 2 hours? :shock: )

Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Skykid wrote:That game is balls hard by the last two stages, up there with Ketsui/DOJ. You cleared it lightning speed. Is any scoring involved in that, or pure kakusei manipulation for the clear?
on MAME scoring is impossible as zetsu has a lot of missing slowdown and several bosses also have missing slowdown on certain attacks, making them nearly impossible to dodge - at least 2 attacks on Seseri and the st6 boss final attack for example

the bosses also are very static so watch a replay or two, along with maxing kakusei over ASAP for more gems it's not a very difficult clear

Mind you when I say credit, I mean a full creditfeed playthrough(as I had no practice mode)
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Bananamatic wrote:
Skykid wrote:That game is balls hard by the last two stages, up there with Ketsui/DOJ. You cleared it lightning speed. Is any scoring involved in that, or pure kakusei manipulation for the clear?
on MAME scoring is impossible as zetsu has a lot of missing slowdown and several bosses also have missing slowdown on certain attacks, making them nearly impossible to dodge - at least 2 attacks on Seseri and the st6 boss final attack for example

the bosses also are very static so watch a replay or two, along with maxing kakusei over ASAP for more gems it's not a very difficult clear
I don't disagree it's easier if you just kakusei for survival, but I disagree it's not a difficult clear regardless. Colour me impressed though, you're pretty amazing to get through it so quick. I'll try to tear myself away from scoring (but it's so fun!) to try your method next time I get the chance. ;)

Welcome2SpecialRound

Post by Welcome2SpecialRound »

Ketsui took about 7-8 hours for the first loop almost 100 for Ura. Lots of Omote runs. Futari Ultra took around 50 hours. Dodonpachi and Daioujou around 30 hours. I thought I was a fast learner but you guys are amazing! Skykid beat Dodonpachi in 6 credits? It took me 7 to even reach the loop (´・ω・`)... And 1 life clear of Pink Sweets from KAI, that's amazing!
KitesAreFun

Post by KitesAreFun »

Took me about a week to 1cc Xop Black Ultra on normal with a goal of 1ccing it. Probably the first shmup I've ever attempted to play at regular intervals. I suspect it will take me a few weeks to 1cc Xop Black Ultra on Advanced, but for now I'm just playing around waiting for someone to get a high score so I can get motivated.

I 1cced Score Rush in about a week with a goal of 1ccing it.

From memory that would be about it. Pretty sad eh? lol

(P.S. I've almost 1cced My Little Pegasus with no intention of doing that. JEAH!)
matrigs

Post by matrigs »

Welcome2SpecialRound wrote:Ketsui took about 7-8 hours for the first loop
come on now, you have got to be shitting me.
Paradigm
Banned User

Post by Paradigm »

Welcome2SpecialRound wrote:Ketsui took about 7-8 hours for the first loop almost 100 for Ura. Lots of Omote runs. Futari Ultra took around 50 hours. Dodonpachi and Daioujou around 30 hours. I thought I was a fast learner but you guys are amazing! Skykid beat Dodonpachi in 6 credits? It took me 7 to even reach the loop (´・ω・`)... And 1 life clear of Pink Sweets from KAI, that's amazing!
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

I can see a Ketsui 1-ALL with bomb planning taking about that long - my Panzer 1-ALL took 10 hours and I was pretty shitty back then.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

I can only say one thing, guys
this thread makes me feel like shit
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

It took me way longer than most of what is posted here to get my clears. I'm a bit confused too. Skykid is saying he cleared DOJ in 15 hours but I thought he made a post when he first cleared it and said he had been trying for years?
Welcome2SpecialRound

Post by Welcome2SpecialRound »

matrigs wrote:
Haha. It was my first STG so I was not very good. My score was very low as well. I did not even reach the second extend (´;ω;`).
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

I get all my 1CCs on my first credit. In fact, I don't even need to touch the controls; I just stare at the game and it plays itself, purely out of respect.

True story.
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Softdrink 117 wrote:I get all my 1CCs on my first credit. In fact, I don't even need to touch the controls; I just stare at the game and it plays itself, purely out of respect.

True story.
You forgot the part where you say "but I'm really bad. I'm probably the worst shmup player in the world." ;)
Welcome2SpecialRound wrote:
matrigs wrote:
Haha. It was my first STG so I was not very good.
All right, now this thread is just getting silly.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

I beat Futari Ultra in about two hours

Took me so much practice brah
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

keep 'em coming! brb with some peanuts :lol:
KAI

Post by KAI »

I beated Two Tenkaku on my first credit, no shitting.