After GDC San Fran/San Jose shmup meet/arcade trips?

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
schnoo

After GDC San Fran/San Jose shmup meet/arcade trips?

Post by schnoo »

I was using http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/arcadelocations.php to locate arcade cabs, but I am not sure if it is exhaustive. Anyway, I am in town until April 2 and would love to get my shmup game on. Happy to pay gas or whatever to hang out at some shmup filled houses or arcades

Not a random dude here, @JohnPolson on Twitter, but not really sure how to jumpstart something like this last-minute.
@JohnPolson on Twitter
John Polson
louisg

Re: After GDC San Fran/San Jose shmup meet/arcade trips?

Post by louisg »

I don't know what a good arcade might be aside from SF State, but I'd be up for drinks with a bunch of shmup sceners! Tonight I'm going to POW, a geek concert at the DNA Lounge (sorta chiptune-esque stuff)...

So, who all is in town for GDC?
Humans, think about what you have done
schnoo

Post by schnoo »

I am here :)
@JohnPolson on Twitter
John Polson
alamone

Post by alamone »

If you guys want to come down to San Jose, I could host a mini-meet in my tiny apartment.
I have two cabs plus two supergun setups I can haul out, and lots of PCBs http://t.co/bsiKPyml
schnoo

Post by schnoo »

Could be fun! Depends on my ride. He mentioned the SJ flea market for Sunday, if they are open on Easter.
@JohnPolson on Twitter
John Polson
louisg

Post by louisg »

alamone wrote:If you guys want to come down to San Jose, I could host a mini-meet in my tiny apartment.
I have two cabs plus two supergun setups I can haul out, and lots of PCBs http://t.co/bsiKPyml
Wait, you're in SJ now? I work in SJ! We should hang out
Humans, think about what you have done
alamone

Post by alamone »

Yeah, I'm in SJ now, work in downtown - my apartment is also close to (but not in) downtown.
I have a local 408 number now so you guys should PM me for my contact info if you can make it.
Open invitation to anyone who happens to be in the area this weekend.

I checked the website for the flea market and Easter was not listed on their holidays so they should be open.
alamone

Post by alamone »

Hey, I guess plans didn't work out, it's just as well because my Egret II is now out of service till I can get a replacement chassis...
Was attempting a re-cap on my monitor to try and fix a blooming issue, figured I might as well wire an extension to those hard-to-reach 15/24khz jumpers,
but it didn't seem to like that - sparks, burning electronic smell, etc. Now only blue shows up and the picture wobbles in and out and collapses randomly...

On the plus side, I have the cpanel for my Exceleena wired up finally (1 player 3 button).

So once things settle down I might open up a thread for a mini-meet in the coming weeks.